Dwight Howard and Avery Bradley among players that do not want to play
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Dreamshake
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 05 May 2006
Posts: 12995

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:31 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
Dreamshake wrote:
King Randle wrote:
King Randle wrote:
Rob Pelinka says Lakers have been "working very closely" with Dwight Howard. He didn't give notice of opting out, so team is hopeful Howard will be on roster in Orlando.

Per Matthew Moreno


Without Dwight and Avery I believe our chances slip drastically....Too much D to overcome....Now I'm starting to think an asterisk should be applied to the champions if teams don't have their full roster.


Ain't no asterisks. Teams not having a full roster is pretty routine, just typically from injury. But out is out....


Sp*rs won their first chip in a 50 game season.

Bron won his first chip in a 66 game season.


And in both of those seasons they competed with players facing the same conditions. And I'm sure there were injuries to teams that made teams not have their full rosters in those years too. And likely any other season we can think of.

All in the game yo....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 12 Apr 2002
Posts: 13449

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:40 pm    Post subject:

Dreamshake wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:
Dreamshake wrote:
King Randle wrote:
King Randle wrote:
Rob Pelinka says Lakers have been "working very closely" with Dwight Howard. He didn't give notice of opting out, so team is hopeful Howard will be on roster in Orlando.

Per Matthew Moreno


Without Dwight and Avery I believe our chances slip drastically....Too much D to overcome....Now I'm starting to think an asterisk should be applied to the champions if teams don't have their full roster.


Ain't no asterisks. Teams not having a full roster is pretty routine, just typically from injury. But out is out....


Sp*rs won their first chip in a 50 game season.

Bron won his first chip in a 66 game season.


And in both of those seasons they competed with players facing the same conditions. And I'm sure there were injuries to teams that made teams not have their full rosters in those years too. And likely any other season we can think of.

All in the game yo....


I was agreeing with you. If everyone is playing by the same rules and under the same conditions, then the only thing that matters is the scoreboard.
_________________
On Lakersground, a concern troll is someone who is a fan of another team, but pretends to be a Lakers fan with "concerns".
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Dreamshake
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 05 May 2006
Posts: 12995

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:51 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
Dreamshake wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:
Dreamshake wrote:
King Randle wrote:
King Randle wrote:
Rob Pelinka says Lakers have been "working very closely" with Dwight Howard. He didn't give notice of opting out, so team is hopeful Howard will be on roster in Orlando.

Per Matthew Moreno


Without Dwight and Avery I believe our chances slip drastically....Too much D to overcome....Now I'm starting to think an asterisk should be applied to the champions if teams don't have their full roster.


Ain't no asterisks. Teams not having a full roster is pretty routine, just typically from injury. But out is out....


Sp*rs won their first chip in a 50 game season.

Bron won his first chip in a 66 game season.


And in both of those seasons they competed with players facing the same conditions. And I'm sure there were injuries to teams that made teams not have their full rosters in those years too. And likely any other season we can think of.

All in the game yo....


I was agreeing with you. If everyone is playing by the same rules and under the same conditions, then the only thing that matters is the scoreboard.


Spot on. I'm just hoping we actually get a conclusion.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 21 Jul 2014
Posts: 4168

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:44 pm    Post subject:

Dreamshake wrote:
King Randle wrote:
King Randle wrote:
Rob Pelinka says Lakers have been "working very closely" with Dwight Howard. He didn't give notice of opting out, so team is hopeful Howard will be on roster in Orlando.

Per Matthew Moreno


Without Dwight and Avery I believe our chances slip drastically....Too much D to overcome....Now I'm starting to think an asterisk should be applied to the champions if teams don't have their full roster.


Ain't no asterisks. Teams not having a full roster is pretty routine, just typically from injury. But out is out....


All an asterisks means is that the season wasn’t a typically normal season. And no one can argue with that. Who the hell stops playing mid March, picks it up in August, in a secluded location with no home court advantage? Geez if anything this should be the biggest asterisk season ever. The fricken Covid season.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 14 Apr 2001
Posts: 137247
Location: The Gold Coast

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:23 pm    Post subject:

Dreamshake wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:
Dreamshake wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:
Dreamshake wrote:
King Randle wrote:
King Randle wrote:
Rob Pelinka says Lakers have been "working very closely" with Dwight Howard. He didn't give notice of opting out, so team is hopeful Howard will be on roster in Orlando.

Per Matthew Moreno


Without Dwight and Avery I believe our chances slip drastically....Too much D to overcome....Now I'm starting to think an asterisk should be applied to the champions if teams don't have their full roster.


Ain't no asterisks. Teams not having a full roster is pretty routine, just typically from injury. But out is out....


Sp*rs won their first chip in a 50 game season.

Bron won his first chip in a 66 game season.


And in both of those seasons they competed with players facing the same conditions. And I'm sure there were injuries to teams that made teams not have their full rosters in those years too. And likely any other season we can think of.

All in the game yo....


I was agreeing with you. If everyone is playing by the same rules and under the same conditions, then the only thing that matters is the scoreboard.


Spot on. I'm just hoping we actually get a conclusion.


Who will be crowned king of the Orlando Invitational?
_________________
“I loved playing music to his words” - John Densmore on Jim Morrison
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
PASTOR RILEY
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 26 Dec 2019
Posts: 1125

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:29 pm    Post subject:

I thought earlier when I could not get on the site that something terrible had happened
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
JacksonLN
Sixth Man
Sixth Man


Joined: 08 Mar 2020
Posts: 25

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:39 pm    Post subject:

Is Dwight still not playing?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
KBandKB
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 11 Aug 2005
Posts: 1901

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:40 pm    Post subject:

If Dwight doesn't play, we may need to bump Javale's mins from 17 to 24. And have AD/Morris split time at the 5. 6 mins of Morris at the 5 shouldn't hurt too much.

Javale (24) - AD (18) - Morris (6)
AD (18) - Kuzma (18) - Morris (12)
LeBron (34) - Kuzma (10) - JR (4)
Danny (24) - Caruso (12) - JR/Dion (12)
KCP (24) - Rondo (18) - Caruso (6)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 18 Apr 2016
Posts: 30413

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:01 pm    Post subject:

JacksonLN wrote:
Is Dwight still not playing?


Check this out

https://mobile.twitter.com/angelKat31/status/1278422223385235460/photo/1

Seems like he’s gonna be in Orlando.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 24 Dec 2007
Posts: 29804
Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:00 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
JacksonLN wrote:
Is Dwight still not playing?


Check this out

https://mobile.twitter.com/angelKat31/status/1278422223385235460/photo/1

Seems like he’s gonna be in Orlando.


All he said was “Yessir.” Why does that indicate that he’s playing?
_________________
Damian Lillard shatters Dwight Coward's championship dreams:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZrbEjppnd4
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 18 Apr 2016
Posts: 30413

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:24 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
JacksonLN wrote:
Is Dwight still not playing?


Check this out

https://mobile.twitter.com/angelKat31/status/1278422223385235460/photo/1

Seems like he’s gonna be in Orlando.


All he said was “Yessir.” Why does that indicate that he’s playing?


being excited seems to indicate that he’s excited that he’s gonna play with JR but maybe I’m wrong.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Jun 2006
Posts: 29355

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:37 pm    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:

All an asterisks means is that the season wasn’t a typically normal season.


Look in any dictionary. It will tell you that an asterisks means that an achievement is less impressive because of some special circumstances. It's not simply that something is unusual; it's diminished.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
lakersfever714
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 05 Jan 2016
Posts: 5696

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:51 am    Post subject:

There are things more important than basketball. I respect Dwight's decision to not play though I really wanted him back. The Lakeshow must go on. Other guys will have to step up.
_________________
In Loving Memory of the Black Mamba!
1978-2020
Posterized but never got posterized
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 12 Apr 2002
Posts: 13449

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 6:18 am    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
King Randle wrote:

All an asterisks means is that the season wasn’t a typically normal season.


Look in any dictionary. It will tell you that an asterisks means that an achievement is less impressive because of some special circumstances. It's not simply that something is unusual; it's diminished.


I'll take a diminished #17, especially since they're not counting our 1948 NBL Championship.
_________________
On Lakersground, a concern troll is someone who is a fan of another team, but pretends to be a Lakers fan with "concerns".
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
StoicChalice392
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 19 Jul 2017
Posts: 1122
Location: Yorba Linda, Ca

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:13 am    Post subject:

If anything, wouldn't this season be know for being more difficult with all the challenging variables?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
lar9149
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 10 Jul 2010
Posts: 1176

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:30 am    Post subject:

StoicChalice392 wrote:
If anything, wouldn't this season be know for being more difficult with all the challenging variables?


Originally I felt this championship was going to be diminished.

But last night, I was thinking perhaps it won't because of what you mentioned. The mental challenges.

And the circumstances can be important..I mean lets say the Lakers win it all without Avery Bradley and against teams like the Clippers and Bucks that have all their players. Considering the circumstances on top of Kobe's death, it might find it hard to diminish their championship..in fact it may even be more heroic!

But say if the Clippers win it all, it could be an * for them since the Lakers didn't have AB.

At least to us Laker fans
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 10 Nov 2016
Posts: 12038

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:40 pm    Post subject:

So it looks like the Lakers are going to keep the roster spot open for Dwight hoping that he’s available at some point.

Makes sense especially if Boogie is not available.

Fingers crossed that Dwight eventually meets the team in Orlando. It sounds like he wants to play, but trying to take care of accommodations and parental responsibilities.
_________________
Klutch Angeles Lakers
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 12 Apr 2002
Posts: 13449

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 6:07 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
So it looks like the Lakers are going to keep the roster spot open for Dwight hoping that he’s available at some point.

Makes sense especially if Boogie is not available.

Fingers crossed that Dwight eventually meets the team in Orlando. It sounds like he wants to play, but trying to take care of accommodations and parental responsibilities.


He may also have COVID-19 and doesn't want it public. He has several of his kids from different households with him in Atlanta, which is a hotspot.

It would be great cover to say he was caring for family when he was really doing his 14 day quarantine.

THIS IS PURE SPECULATION - I'M NOT HATING ON OR HOPING FOR ANYTHING BAD FOR DWIGHT. I WANT HIM TO PLAY AND BEAST FOR US.
_________________
On Lakersground, a concern troll is someone who is a fan of another team, but pretends to be a Lakers fan with "concerns".
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Page 9 of 9
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB