BLACK LIVES MATTER (Please Continue to Say Their Names) - DALANEO MARTIN
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 48, 49, 50 ... 74, 75, 76  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:09 pm    Post subject:

I could listen to Ta-Nehisi Coates talk for hours. I need to read some of his books.
Here's him answering the "how come black people can say the N-word but a white person can't" question.
https://twitter.com/niilexis/status/1275200733772754956
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:33 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
SweetP wrote:
https://twitter.com/KingBach/status/1275730943492456450

JFC, this guy was not even the one they were looking for.

Police were originally called out on a panhandling complaint. Another guy was determined to have an outstanding warrant and they were getting ready to arrest him. This poor fellow just happened to be in the area.

One cop was talking to him and asking for his ID, the other goon comes up to cuff him, slams him to the ground. Guy's wrist was broken during the incident and he is suing Valdosta Georgia PD for excessive force. Black rookie officer was the one asking for his ID, white Sgt. is the one who slammed him down.

Ya I saw that a day or 2 ago. I think I posted it here, I may not have though. The victim is fortunate compared to alot of other similar cases since the cops had their body cams on. Otherwise, the victim would be out of luck when it comes to medical bills.

Chappelle 8:46.. IF what he said about Chris Dorner being kicked off the force for questioning white privilege regarding arrests ie. treatment during arrest and charges for attacking the officer or not..

This alllll comes from the top.. as you said.. Sgt.. that trash will be training the next recruits.. sigh

How did humans become this way.. shrug
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:41 pm    Post subject:

Toni Morrison passed last year. This quote from her back in '08 rings so true.
Quote:
“It seems to indicate something that I don’t think is quite true, which is that we have erased racism from the country, or the world. Racism will disappear when it’s, (A), no longer profitable and no longer psychologically useful. When that happens, it’ll be gone. But at the moment, people make a lot of money off of it ― pro and con. And also it protects people from a certain kind of pain. If you take racism away from certain people ― I mean vitriolic racists as well as the sort of social racist ― if you take that away, they might have to face something really terrible: misery, self-misery, and deep pain about who they are. It’s just easier to say, ‘That one over there is the cause of all my problems.’”

ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:29 am    Post subject:

ContagiousInspiration wrote:
kikanga wrote:
SweetP wrote:
https://twitter.com/KingBach/status/1275730943492456450

JFC, this guy was not even the one they were looking for.

Police were originally called out on a panhandling complaint. Another guy was determined to have an outstanding warrant and they were getting ready to arrest him. This poor fellow just happened to be in the area.

One cop was talking to him and asking for his ID, the other goon comes up to cuff him, slams him to the ground. Guy's wrist was broken during the incident and he is suing Valdosta Georgia PD for excessive force. Black rookie officer was the one asking for his ID, white Sgt. is the one who slammed him down.

Ya I saw that a day or 2 ago. I think I posted it here, I may not have though. The victim is fortunate compared to alot of other similar cases since the cops had their body cams on. Otherwise, the victim would be out of luck when it comes to medical bills.

Chappelle 8:46.. IF what he said about Chris Dorner being kicked off the force for questioning white privilege regarding arrests ie. treatment during arrest and charges for attacking the officer or not..

This alllll comes from the top.. as you said.. Sgt.. that trash will be training the next recruits.. sigh

How did humans become this way.. shrug

The cop slammed the man into his face.. I just watched it..
Humans are (bleep) INSANE

Fire the (bleep) PIG immediately.. scum trash.. I don't care if the guy he brutalized for no (bleep) reason was known to him or whatever punkass excuse his useless and unfit for a badge ass comes up with.. (bleep) THAT GUY and the guy and the officer who didn't stop him

Quiet Cop is WORSE than a Bad Cop..

Beyond pissed.. these diseased humans should never have been hired.

What inside them thinks this is OK?

Any good cop would demand that fat freak be at least suspended immediately.. Bet they want to charge the black man with resisting arrest..

If I was that guys brother or friend I would be thinking about revenge.. Where does scum like this get created? Is it their Moms fault or their Captains fault for letting them be this way without culling them like they should be?

Fix the hiring practices NOW..
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:11 am    Post subject:

Test your stress management abilities.. click here

40+ New Police Brutality videos emerge during the George Floyd Protests

5:35 mark you watch what I am pretty sure is a female being beaten WITH FISTS by TWO COPS..

Who the (bleep) do these people think they are?

Humans like these don't deserve freedom no less a badge.. I really didn't realize it IS this bad.. right in front of people with no fear of someone neutralizing them. To witness that and not want to get revenge must take a really strong something.. I don't have
Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:23 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
I could listen to Ta-Nehisi Coates talk for hours. I need to read some of his books.
Here's him answering the "how come black people can say the N-word but a white person can't" question.

Never heard of him before, will definitely be listening to a lot more of him now
Omar Little

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:46 pm    Post subject:

Theseus wrote:
kikanga wrote:

Never heard of him before, will definitely be listening to a lot more of him now

Read “Between the world and me”. I gave it to all of my kids at Christmas.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:34 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
Theseus wrote:
kikanga wrote:

I read the first 10 pages yesterday.
Here's one of his best interviews setting up that book:

The book is pretty short. Makes for a good stocking stuffer.
His writing echos James Baldwin and Toni Morrison.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 9:23 am    Post subject: Elijah McClain - Spoke the Kindest MOST GENTLE WORDS ever spoken to police officers in Aurora, CO walking home on 8-24-2019

A wonderful late Summers Evening in Beautiful Aurora, Colorado
August 24th 2019

I can’t breathe. I have my ID right here. My name is Elijah McClain. That’s my house. I was just going home. I’m an introvert. I’m just different. That’s all. I’m so sorry. I have no gun. I don’t do that stuff. I don’t do any fighting. Why are you attacking me? I don’t even kill flies! I don’t eat meat! But I don’t judge people, I don’t judge people who do eat meat. Forgive me. All I was trying to do was become better. I will do it. I will do anything. Sacrifice my identity, I’ll do it. You all are phenomenal. You are beautiful and I love you. Try to forgive me. I’m a mood Gemini. I’m sorry. I’m so sorry. Ow, that really hurt. You are all very strong. Teamwork makes the dream work. Oh, I’m sorry I wasn’t trying to do that. I just can’t breathe correctly.

His last? Words...

Quote:
I'm sorry" (as he vomits),
"I'm just different," "
Please forgive me,"
"I love you."

Quote:
he often got cold from his anemia and, as an introvert, a mask helped with his social anxiety, an affliction that also led him to visit shelter cats and dogs on his lunch break to play violin for them in hopes it would soothe them. That night, he was on his way home from the convenience store to buy an iced tea for his brother

The MONSTERS in the WANTED POSTER somehow have the look of "homo-sapiens" who don't have an empathy or compassion gene
https://www.commondreams.org/further/2020/06/26/please-forgive-me-said-elijah-mcclain-three-cops-murdered-him
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:24 pm    Post subject:

Poor guy. He seemed like such an asset to humanity.

Any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in Mankind; And therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; it tolls for thee.

John Donne

Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:01 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
Theseus wrote:
kikanga wrote:

I'll order it now. Always looking to find new reading material. I'm really liking all the interviews I've seen of his on youtube.

I'm nearly done with "Anatomy of Fascism" by Robert O. Paxton and its chillingly familiar.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 1:07 pm    Post subject:

Just disgusting.

https://twitter.com/jessiedesigngal/status/1277126019246260224?s=21

The leadership on so many levels these days just failing miserably.
SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 1:41 pm    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
Just disgusting.

That was absolutely disgusting. Group of people playing violins in memory of a sweet, different young man who played violin to shelter animals before he died at the hands of Aurora cops. People including families with kids listening. Cops come in in full storm trooper riot gear and break it up with pepper spray. Something is certainly rotten in Aurora.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:15 am    Post subject:

^^^^ This was a peaceful gathering to honor Elijah McClain. Something has to be done. Aurora police are out of control. Gestapo tactics have no place in American policing. If the mayor and the chief of police don't do something both should be removed.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:10 pm    Post subject:

Guys it's just a few bad apples. /s
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:25 pm    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
Just disgusting.

I'm not a big fan of all the chants we hear at protests, but this one:

I don't see no riot here . . . why are they in riot gear . . . makes the point very effectively.

Last edited by ribeye on Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:00 pm    Post subject:

ribeye wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:
Just disgusting.

I'm not a big fan of all the chants we hear at protests, but this one:

I don't see no riot here . . . why are in riot gear . . . makes the point very effectively.

Gives rise to police brutality is not confined to Blacks and minorities. Most of the gathering were White people.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 4:49 am    Post subject:

Cops shoot 25-30 dogs per day nationwide.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 2:11 pm    Post subject:

To me, police unions are one of the biggest problems. Especially when they attract bad apples into their leadership. But add in the mix of donations to people negotiating the police contracts, the old school guys in charge of unions, the influence on arbitrators, and how often they get clearly bad officers back into action is among the biggest issues that needs to be addressed.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/02/us/police-unions-contracts-shielding-bad-cops-invs/index.html

https://www.checkthepolice.org/
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 2:39 pm    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
To me, police unions are one of the biggest problems. Especially when they attract bad apples into their leadership. But add in the mix of donations to people negotiating the police contracts, the old school guys in charge of unions, the influence on arbitrators, and how often they get clearly bad officers back into action is among the biggest issues that needs to be addressed.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/02/us/police-unions-contracts-shielding-bad-cops-invs/index.html

What do you mean by the influence of arbitrators? Just wondering. I haven't heard that before.

Personally, I have a problem with the fact that the same people who are supposed to prosecute police misconduct are the same people who have to work with the police on other cases. That makes no sense.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:27 pm    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:

It's important to separate the very positive and necessary (the stagnation of wages and loss of pensions and benefits neatly tracks the decline of unions) aspect of unions, even in the public sector, from the excesses of the police unions.

Simple legislation separating aspects of conduct and public safety issues that are not to be negotiated as part of collective bargaining, leaving the ability to bargain for pay and benefits and such, would do the trick.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:38 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:

It's important to separate the very positive and necessary (the stagnation of wages and loss of pensions and benefits neatly tracks the decline of unions) aspect of unions, even in the public sector, from the excesses of the police unions.

Simple legislation separating aspects of conduct and public safety issues that are not to be negotiated as part of collective bargaining, leaving the ability to bargain for pay and benefits and such, would do the trick.

Thank you. As I have said before, the unions are not the problem. The corruption police use in exploiting their unions is.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:24 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:

My wife's best friend works for the Southern Poverty Law Center. She has helped save innocent people from capital punishment. And she wears the term "social justice warrior" as a badge of honor.
That phrase has been co-opted like "unions" has been in a derogatory sense.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:17 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Omar Little wrote:

My wife's best friend works for the Southern Poverty Law Center. She has helped save innocent people from capital punishment. And she wears the term "social justice warrior" as a badge of honor.
That phrase has been co-opted like "unions" has been in a derogatory sense.
. That has long been a conservative tactic. Feminism, environmentalism, liberalism...
Omar Little

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:17 am    Post subject:

It comes from 1984.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 48, 49, 50 ... 74, 75, 76  Next
Page 49 of 76
Jump to: