OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 4599, 4600, 4601 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2020 2:29 pm    Post subject:

There is also that, the Thunder had a great year this season and they might want to keep CP3 so he can help them win games and also play a role in SGA’s development.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2020 2:52 pm    Post subject:

55 wrote:
activeverb wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
scoobs wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Besides John Wall who else is a intriguing amnesty option?
CP3?

CP3 is definitely a intriguing option, should be a pretty nice list of options to choose from if the amnesty happens after the season.

If the NBA implements and amnesty similar to the one they did in 2011, Chris Paul may not have an option where he goes even if he's amnestied.

In 2011 they used a partial waiver. That means that once a player was amnesty, he went on waivers, and then whatever team was willing to pay the highest amount of his salary could claim him.

So the amnesty waiver turned into a bidding war depending on how much cap space you have. The amnesty player doesn't automatically become a free agent

Doubt that teams would pay more for him when he wont want to play there.
They could try the OKC route and make him play but not sure many teams would be willing to take that chance.
He's had a nice career and was a role model for the league, I hope they'll let him choose where to finish out his career. And the fact he moved back to LA a few months ago makes me confident he'll want to sign here.

Hard to say at this point. We'll have to see what the cap situation is. If I were a contending team and had cap space, I would definitely put in a claim rather than let an opponent have him for nothing. I mean, if you could prevent an opponent from adding an all-star level player for nothing seems foolish not to.
eureca
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2020 7:41 pm    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
No to John Wall. He hasn’t played in like 2 seasons after tearing his knee and then following that up with a full Achilles rupture in his home, right?
No thanks!

Our only true play making PG on the team is Rondo. Beggars can't be choosers when we will likely be looking at minimum guys.
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2020 8:43 am    Post subject:

eureca wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
No to John Wall. He hasn’t played in like 2 seasons after tearing his knee and then following that up with a full Achilles rupture in his home, right?
No thanks!

Our only true play making PG on the team is Rondo. Beggars can't be choosers when we will likely be looking at minimum guys.

True but he is months and months away from playing.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2020 8:53 am    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
eureca wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
No thanks!

True but he is months and months away from playing.

next season is months and months away anyways
ahaider
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2020 12:16 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
There is also that, the Thunder had a great year this season and they might want to keep CP3 so he can help them win games and also play a role in SGA’s development.

Could also tank for Jalen Green. Their won’t be fans next year so tanking is actually greater incentivized because gate revenue is non existent. I think they take the route of cutting pay roll and trying to minimize losses. If there is an amnesty and the team that claims him is paying some of the portion instead of OKC even more reason for them to do so.

Business health, owner net worth and stomach to incur losses will set the tone for whether or not there is an amnesty.

"The key to good decision making is not knowledge. It is understanding. We are swimming in the former. We are desperately lacking in the latter." - Malcom Gladwell
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:50 am    Post subject:

Knicks to interview Jason Kidd for head coaching vacancy

https://mobile.twitter.com/TheSteinLine/status/1275153223049977861
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2020 12:47 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Knicks to interview Jason Kidd for head coaching vacancy

https://mobile.twitter.com/TheSteinLine/status/1275153223049977861

Quote:
Teams are interested in hiring Jason Kidd to lure Giannis Antetokounmpo in 2021, per @StevePopper

#tamper
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2020 4:48 pm    Post subject:

Thoughts on Talen Horton-Tucker?

I've been keeping a close eye on his progress in the G League prior to the suspension of play. For a 19 y/o, he looked very advanced. I think he could have been contributing for us this year save for the injuries that delayed him to start his career.

I'm hoping that we don't include him in a trade package. I think he could bring a lot to us next year although our lack of assets certainly puts his Lakers future at risk. I feel like the front office in general has been too quick to move our young assets for pennies on the dollar in some cases.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:16 am    Post subject:

Cousins sitting out.

Quote:
Sources: Multiple teams have expressed interest in DeMarcus Cousins but have been told the four-time All-Star will sit out the resumed season and continue rehab for full return in 2020-21.

yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:20 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Cousins sitting out.

Quote:
Sources: Multiple teams have expressed interest in DeMarcus Cousins but have been told the four-time All-Star will sit out the resumed season and continue rehab for full return in 2020-21.

Best move for him. Getting hurt again would just be a career ender for him (and even now it's tenuous at best).
alleyoop
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:29 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Cousins sitting out.

Quote:

The main things this tells me are:

1: He’s trying to preserve his career as much as possible after these injuries, good on him
2: He might want to come back to the Lakers next year

I’m not opposed to a Boogie return, FWIW
#18 next...
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:31 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
ocho wrote:
Cousins sitting out.

Quote:

Best move for him. Getting hurt again would just be a career ender for him (and even now it's tenuous at best).

Agree. Now we just have to hope that everyone on the current roster is comfortable enough to play.

There isn’t much help on the open market.
alleyoop
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:38 am    Post subject:

Dudley just tweeted this in response to Boogie sitting out:

Jared Dudley
@JaredDudley619
Smart move! Can’t wait to see Boogie with a year and half rehab goin into training camp next year! 💪🏽

He’s coming back
#18 next...
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:08 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
ocho wrote:
Cousins sitting out.

Quote:

Agree. Now we just have to hope that everyone on the current roster is comfortable enough to play.

There isn’t much help on the open market.

yupe. the only guy skeptical of coming back is Avery? i think Dwight and McGee are coming back
Chick's Magic Johnson
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:30 am    Post subject:

So what's the setup here? Are we only looking to add if AB/Dwight sit out? It seems like there were a couple of diversity hires (Lakers & NBA) and the opposition to the season re-opening died down. So, I'm guessing AB is coming and Dwight is probably 50/50, no? Deadline to commit is this Friday?
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:34 am    Post subject:

alleyoop wrote:
Dudley just tweeted this in response to Boogie sitting out:

Jared Dudley
@JaredDudley619
Smart move! Can’t wait to see Boogie with a year and half rehab goin into training camp next year! 💪🏽

He’s coming back

Boogie basically said nah, Lakers have been good to me. I’ll continue the rehab at the facility, hang with the guys and sign in the offseason.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:39 am    Post subject:

The question at this point is: who aren’t the Knicks interviewing?

Quote:
The Knicks have received permission from the Lakers to interview Jason Kidd for their head coaching vacancy, per @TheSteinLine

scoobs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:44 am    Post subject:

324233 wrote:

I've been keeping a close eye on his progress in the G League prior to the suspension of play. For a 19 y/o, he looked very advanced. I think he could have been contributing for us this year save for the injuries that delayed him to start his career.

I'm hoping that we don't include him in a trade package. I think he could bring a lot to us next year although our lack of assets certainly puts his Lakers future at risk. I feel like the front office in general has been too quick to move our young assets for pennies on the dollar in some cases.
I think he is a future star. He was a great find by the Lakers scouts. First off, his EXTREMELY RARE combination of long arms and big hand size is something that you usually see on a star player, such as Kahwii Leonard for example. If Shannon Brown only had a 7-1 wing span.. Like Kahwii, THT isn't a great leaper, per say, but his measurables would help him with different things such as playing defense, dunking, etc. And unlike athleticism, measurables don't go away over time. THT knows how to use his bulk to score in traffic. This would help him to get to the FT line at a high rate. Look at the greatest players to ever play the game; you will see that they usually have a free throw rate. Also, look at how great players such Barkley and LBJ use their considerable bulk to intimidate defenders. I think THT could really excel in this area, but ideally, he would have shooters around him, much like LBJ. All that, based on his physical profile. I didn't even mention yet that he has already shown some very good skills at a young age. I'm tired of typing already, but you probably get what i'm trying to explain. Before all this happened, I was already saying that the Lakers should call up THT and see what he could do.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:51 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:

Quote:
The Knicks have received permission from the Lakers to interview Jason Kidd for their head coaching vacancy, per @TheSteinLine

Apparently they talked on Friday, but now he will be going in person.

I’m sure they don’t want to ask “Can you guarantee us Giannis?” over Zoom and have it get back to Silver with the new emphasis on tampering rules.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:55 am    Post subject:

Not so fast on Boogie, his agent is saying he is still weighing options.

https://twitter.com/taniaganguli/status/1275472073507237888?s=21
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:55 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
ocho wrote:

Quote:

Apparently they talked on Friday, but now he will be going in person.

I’m sure they don’t want to ask “Can you guarantee us Giannis?” over Zoom and have it get back to Silver with the new emphasis on tampering rules.

This has to be the widest coaching search ever. I believe Kidd is something like the 10th interview they’ve conducted.
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:46 am    Post subject:

scoobs wrote:
324233 wrote:

I think he is a future star. He was a great find by the Lakers scouts. First off, his EXTREMELY RARE combination of long arms and big hand size is something that you usually see on a star player, such as Kahwii Leonard for example. If Shannon Brown only had a 7-1 wing span.. Like Kahwii, THT isn't a great leaper, per say, but his measurables would help him with different things such as playing defense, dunking, etc. And unlike athleticism, measurables don't go away over time. THT knows how to use his bulk to score in traffic. This would help him to get to the FT line at a high rate. Look at the greatest players to ever play the game; you will see that they usually have a free throw rate. Also, look at how great players such Barkley and LBJ use their considerable bulk to intimidate defenders. I think THT could really excel in this area, but ideally, he would have shooters around him, much like LBJ. All that, based on his physical profile. I didn't even mention yet that he has already shown some very good skills at a young age. I'm tired of typing already, but you probably get what i'm trying to explain. Before all this happened, I was already saying that the Lakers should call up THT and see what he could do.

Thanks. Your thoughts pretty much sum up how I feel about him. I'd hate to see him included as a "throw-in" in an off-season trade. He might not pan out, but he could actually be pretty special.

So no Boogie this post-season. Anybody think Cacok could potentially provide some quality minutes in Orlando?
x75274
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:51 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:

Date on that article is 23rd. Shams note was posted only a couple hrs ago.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:10 am    Post subject:

x75274 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

Date on that article is 23rd. Shams note was posted only a couple hrs ago.

I believe Tania’s tweet was an hour or so after Shams, but who really knows. These situations tend to be fluid.

Maybe Boogie said something to Shams, but then he changed his mind...
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 4599, 4600, 4601 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 4600 of 8560
Jump to: