How do you feel about the season now?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2020 7:43 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Reading the most recent Orlando reports, the league isn’t going to stop players from leaving the bubble.

If that’s true, and if there is a season, I have a strong feeling it will fall apart before long. Whenever professional athletes have negotiated, their individual viewpoints get in the way of unified wisdom that’s best for all. So now, the more there are discussions, the more doubt is being cast about a season being a sure thing.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2020 7:45 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Sources tell me that Kyrie Irving never stated that the Nets should begin their own league in response to the bubble.

I'm told that after that report came out, he left the group chat.

https://twitter.com/taylorrooks/status/1273081347339411458?s=21

Kyrie man. Don’t think he will be playing in 2 years.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:28 pm    Post subject:

Ta dow! How ya like da season now? We in the mix!
It's Twenty Twenty, gotta get my Laker fix!

All right, that's all I got.
george w kush
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:45 pm    Post subject:

Taken from a thread @ RealGm, all the rules the players will need to abide by:

– Individual workouts mandatory for all players.

– Group workouts are still prohibited for medical reasons and no more than eight players will be permitted in the team’s facility at any one time.

– Head coaches may now participate in and observe individual workouts.

– Upon arrival, players and team staff must stay isolated in their rooms until they return two negative PCR tests at least 24 hours apart.

– Players will have the option to wear a proximity alarm that will notify a player if he spends more than 5 seconds within 6 feet of another person on campus who is also wearing an alarm.

– All team and league staff (potentially excluding referees) must wear the alarm; it is optional for players.

– Certain Disney staff will not be required to reside at the NBA Campus and will not undergo coronavirus testing, however they will be screened each day on campus to take their temperature and for symptoms.

– Everyone on the NBA Campus will be required to wear a facemask at all times, except when eating, in their individual rooms, during a workout or while engaged in a physical activity outdoors that is not within 6 feet of another person (e.g., swimming, reading a book alone).

– Physical distancing protocol of 6 feet or more should be respected at all times except during team workouts and when team health and performance staff is working with a player.

– Effective on July 7, random anti-drug testing will resume but only for SPEDs and Diuretics. No testing will be done for recreational substances, but players remain subject to discipline for possession or use of prohibited recreational substances. (Note: Note: Recreational use of marijuana is NOT legal in the State of Florida.)

– COVID-19 testing will continue with regular PCR testing, daily temperature checks, symptom surveys and pulse oximetry (finger clip device to measure oxygen levels) screening.

– At all times on the court, players must avoid, spitting or clearing their nose, wiping the ball with their jersey, licking their hands, and unnecessarily touching their mouthguard.

– After the initial self-isolation through July 21, players may eat meals and participate in social activities (ping-pong, golf, video games, card games, etc.) only with individuals residing within their hotel, provided that they maintain physical distancing.

– Until July 21, players are requested to have only brief interactions with players residing in other hotels that are encountered in common areas of the NBA Campus.

– Any meal eaten with a player on another team must be eaten outside.

– Players are not permitted to enter each other’s hotel rooms due to infection concerns.

– Disney chefs will prepare daily meals and there will also be a room service option. Subject to a few exceptions, food deliveries from outside of the NBA Campus are not permitted.

– At his own expense, a player is permitted to hire a personal chef located outside of the NBA Campus to prepare and send food into the NBA Campus on a daily basis.

– No one will be prevented from leaving the NBA Campus, but the expectation is that all players will remain on the campus.

– If a player leaves without prior approval, upon re-entry, he will be subject to enhanced testing (including nasopharyngeal (deep nasal) swab testing), a 10-14 day self-quarantine period, and a reduction in compensation for any game in which he is unable to play as a result of his absence from campus

– Teams will play three scrimmage games against other NBA teams residing in their same hotel.

– From July 22 until the end of the 2019-20 season, players are permitted to socialize with players and team staff from hotels other than the one in which they are residing. As before, players are not permitted to enter each other’s hotel rooms due to infection concerns.

– For each player to leave the NBA Campus, he must have returned a negative PCR result within 24 hours of his scheduled departure.

Player Guests:

– Each team that advances past the first round of the playoffs will be permitted to reserve up to 17 (if the team brings 17 players and down to 15 if it brings only 15 players) guest rooms for guests of players on the NBA Campus.

– Players are responsible for the cost of each hotel room used for a player guest; the costs of meals and testing for Player Guests will not be charged to players.

– All player guests must undergo 3 days of self-quarantine and testing either in a house or hotel in the team’s home market or in Orlando outside of the NBA Campus.

– Assuming that the player guest does not return a positive PCR test, then the Player Guest may then come to the NBA Campus, but must remain in quarantine for 4 days after arrival while having COVID-19 testing each of those days.

– Agents are not eligible, unless he or she is a family member of a player.

– Player guests who leave the NBA Campus will not be permitted to return.

LOL
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2020 10:55 pm    Post subject:

^^

Why "LOL"?

Seems like a sensible plan to me.
george w kush
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:29 am    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
^^

Why "LOL"?

Isn’t the whole point of this bubble to isolate players from the public? Why do they still have to go thru these extreme measures?

activeverb wrote:

The notion that a player is going to sneak out to go to a bar or party, and not be noticed by anyone, and then sneak back in is kind of silly. This isn't going to be a summer camp movie where the boys sneak over to the girl's camp on the other side of the lake.

Per me and
@sam_amick
: The NBA will create an anonymous hotline to report potential violations of protocols in Orlando.

Appearantly the NBA disagrees and would rather encourage snitching culture and treat the players like children.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:00 am    Post subject:

george w kush wrote:
activeverb wrote:
^^

Why "LOL"?

Isn’t the whole point of this bubble to isolate players from the public? Why do they still have to go thru these extreme measures?

The whole point is to keep players as safe as possible in the face of a highly contagious and potentially fatal virus.

george w kush wrote:
activeverb wrote:

The notion that a player is going to sneak out to go to a bar or party, and not be noticed by anyone, and then sneak back in is kind of silly. This isn't going to be a summer camp movie where the boys sneak over to the girl's camp on the other side of the lake.

Per me and
@sam_amick
: The NBA will create an anonymous hotline to report potential violations of protocols in Orlando.

Appearantly the NBA disagrees and would rather encourage snitching culture and treat the players like children.

From what I've read, the purpose of the hotline is for people to report players who are breaking rules inside the bubble, rather than report players who go outside it.

If I were a player, I'd like that. But then, unlike some, I don't see protecting people from a potentially fatal virus as a silly, little game.
Andrew Evenstar
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:27 am    Post subject:

to me it's over and i really don't care. biggest laker fan you'll find but i've already adapted my life to move on without the sport. it's just not something that is important to me or my life at this time.

this is coming from someone who dropped $2k+ to go to the first game after Kobe's death -- so yeah, i'm a lifelong, diehard Laker fan.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 12:25 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
John Wall is aggresively lobbying for the Wizards to sign DeMarcus Cousins for the NBA’s return. (via @ChaseHughesNBCS)

Don’t do it Boogie, wizards have no chance.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 4:53 pm    Post subject:

Isn’t Wall injured too?
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:57 pm    Post subject:

Andrew Evenstar wrote:
to me it's over and i really don't care. biggest laker fan you'll find but i've already adapted my life to move on without the sport. it's just not something that is important to me or my life at this time.

this is coming from someone who dropped $2k+ to go to the first game after Kobe's death -- so yeah, i'm a lifelong, diehard Laker fan.

I'd like it back, but I'd like Bradley and Howard and the rest to all want to play, opposing teams included. As it is, I'm one of the positive voices on return and 6/17/20 is Finals time. June 17, 1994 was the day of the OJ ride during The Finals. That's what we were all looking at right now 26 years ago at this moment. As it is, this layoff has been so long, it feels like a Summer length vacation already. August pushes that out even longer. I'd like to look at bballref in future years and see results for 2020 and 2021 because the MLB still gets criticized for having no season in 1994 without the circumstances we're under. If the NBA and its players were all in agreement to push on and come thru, that's OK. However, since I heard that Howard and AB might sit out, my mind instantly jolted with an "faaaa this". We ain't gonna win without them anyway. That's the selfish part of me, but I do feel for African Americans right now and what they're goin thru. It's understandable if their spirits are shattered with all this BS swirling around. I've been thinking a lot that the last 20 YEARS have been depressing, ever since 9/11. Feels like 50 years of travail squeezed into 20.
lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:13 pm    Post subject:

It feels like a bunch of pick up games. It's as if J.R. Smith was standing around in some sneakers and the Lakers basically said "come play with us."

The asterisk on the season will be fitting for the 'A Bunch of Guys Playing Pick Up in Florida' league.
HermosaJoe
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:14 pm    Post subject:

Could care less, especially since the NBA organization has decided to make political statements to appease the players (and to protect its business). I thought sports was supposed to be an escape. That's also why this Forum does not welcome political comments.

But..........Also lets not forget how the NBA and the players came down hard on GM Morey when he spoke out about Hong Kong lives. Bunch of Hypocrites, like LeBron, because they make money with China. But now, oh I see, it's totally different. Right!

and they continue to bash our President Trump, while never ever once calling out the Democrats and radical leftists that are doing and have done true harm to our Country.......while many people, including black people, do address this.....but the NBA and the players must be "smarter" than everyone else.

I will no longer follow the hypocrite NBA organization (and other such sports organizations) and any hypocrite players.

Lastly, with our Country and our way of life under attack by radical Marxist organizations (you should know who they are if you follow non-mainstream sources), not to mention these scum are attacking and killing people like you and me in the streets, etc., the last thing on my mind is watching the current politicalized NBA in Orlando.

Some of you can still get joy out of watching this NBA?
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:34 pm    Post subject:

HermosaJoe wrote:
Could care less, especially since the NBA organization has decided to make political statements to appease the players (and to protect its business). I thought sports was supposed to be an escape. That's also why this Forum does not welcome political comments.

But..........Also lets not forget how the NBA and the players came down hard on GM Morey when he spoke out about Hong Kong lives. Bunch of Hypocrites, like LeBron, because they make money with China. But now, oh I see, it's totally different. Right!

and they continue to bash our President Trump, while never ever once calling out the Democrats and radical leftists that are doing and have done true harm to our Country.......while many people, including black people, do address this.....but the NBA and the players must be "smarter" than everyone else.

I will no longer follow the hypocrite NBA organization (and other such sports organizations) and any hypocrite players.

Lastly, with our Country and our way of life under attack by radical Marxist organizations (you should know who they are if you follow non-mainstream sources), not to mention these scum are attacking and killing people like you and me in the streets, etc., the last thing on my mind is watching the current politicalized NBA in Orlando.

Since you're making this political, EFF . . . nevermind. I'll be good. We'll miss you. Or maybe not.

GO LAKERS!!! Win #17!!!!
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:30 pm    Post subject:

I will more than likely watch some games, I’m particularly interested in seeing how NO plays with Zion. But the season ended already. I’m more interested in watching the NHL playoffs but I hope that both entertainment groups have no significant injuries or sickness.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:23 pm    Post subject:

HermosaJoe wrote:

You seem mad. If it makes you feel better, i doubt democrats or Republicans give two (bleep) about you or any one else. The jokes is on you if you think any politician cares about you.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:47 pm    Post subject:

HermosaJoe wrote:

Thank you for keeping us informed of your plans. We will do our best to marshal forward without you.
Batguano
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:01 pm    Post subject:

Diluted *asterisk title.

Most of you probably agree deep down inside, unless the Lakers win. But if Clippers or Celtics win you'll be the first to diminish it.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:15 pm    Post subject:

Batguano wrote:
Diluted *asterisk title.

Most of you probably agree deep down inside, unless the Lakers win. But if Clippers or Celtics win you'll be the first to diminish it.

I don't agree with your take myself.

Sure, if all the stars on the best teams get sick and a wildcard wins as a result, it's diluted. If everyone stays healthy and one of the top teams win, it's not.

That doesn't change for me if the top team who wins is the Lakers or the Clippers or the Bucks.

Your mileage might vary.
kwase
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:30 pm    Post subject:

defense wrote:
HermosaJoe wrote:

You seem mad. If it makes you feel better, i doubt democrats or Republicans give two (bleep) about you or any one else. The jokes is on you if you think any politician cares about you.

Not only that, but BLM and not wanting cops to murder unarmed people isn't and shouldn't be a Republican or Democrat issue, it's a human rights issue. But he probably watches a channel that tells him how to think and to dislike anything associated with minorities fighting for equality, and the easy way to do that is to lump them in the same boat as Democrats.

Personally, I don't like the idea of slogans on the jerseys either, because that's not going to change anything. I want real change, not hashtags and tweets.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:16 pm    Post subject:

kwase wrote:
defense wrote:
HermosaJoe wrote:

Not only that, but BLM and not wanting cops to murder unarmed people isn't and shouldn't be a Republican or Democrat issue, it's a human rights issue. But he probably watches a channel that tells him how to think and to dislike anything associated with minorities fighting for equality, and the easy way to do that is to lump them in the same boat as Democrats.

Personally, I don't like the idea of slogans on the jerseys either, because that's not going to change anything. I want real change, not hashtags and tweets.

It's disheartening how things like whether or not to wear a mask have become political statements. There is a lot of irresponsible media and politicians on both sides of the spectrum who treat this as a game, and you have the dolts who follow their side right or wrong to the death -- sometimes quite literally.
JacksonLN
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:04 pm    Post subject:

Pretty pessimistic about it. The euphoria is gone now. It is what it is. Maybe it'll be exciting... maybe not. But I do not have high hopes.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:09 pm    Post subject:

JacksonLN wrote:
Pretty pessimistic about it. The euphoria is gone now. It is what it is. Maybe it'll be exciting... maybe not. But I do not have high hopes.

Adam Silver himself has questions about actually finishing the Invitational
Dreamshake
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:24 pm    Post subject:

Batguano wrote:
Diluted *asterisk title.

Teams are pursuing a title under the same conditions, and arguably the toughest conditions they have ever seen. Nothing diluted about that at all.
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:25 pm    Post subject:

I truly hope the season can be played. This is one of my favorite sports and I'm ready for some basketball.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5
Jump to: