2020 NFL Offseason Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 25, 26, 27  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2020 2:24 pm    Post subject:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/05/13/joe-buck-pretty-much-a-done-deal-fox-will-use-fake-crowd-noise-for-games-without-fans/

Quote:
Joe Buck: “Pretty much a done deal” FOX will use fake crowd noise for games without fans

Fans quite possibly won’t be present for football games in 2020. But that doesn’t mean it will be quiet.

Via John Ourand of Sports Business Journal, FOX’s Joe Buck told Andy Cohen of SiriusXM Radio that “it’s pretty much a done deal” that the FOX and other networks will use fake crowd noise for games played without fans.

Buck also suggested that virtual fans will be used, so that when a wide shot happens the fans at home will see the appearance of a full stadium. Even if it isn’t.

Astute football fans don’t need to be told when to cheer or boo or curse or whatever. But for plenty of viewers the external noise is the nudge they need to know how to feel.

Here’s hoping that, if they do it, they do it right. Up to and including a virtual chant of “bullsh-t” when the home team is on the wrong end of a bad call.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2020 2:49 pm    Post subject:

^
I really, really hate this. Just show what you have. The reason sports is so compelling is because of the realism...it truly is reality TV.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2020 4:33 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
^
I really, really hate this. Just show what you have. The reason sports is so compelling is because of the realism...it truly is reality TV.

At this point might as well have virtual players... I mean what's the difference.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2020 7:08 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
^

I don’t mind it.

What makes you hate it so much?

To me it’s like watching a sitcom or talk show on TV. I don’t know if those are real laughs or studio enhanced but it does add to the show.

I think watching a game with no noise would be boring.

I think some analysts have brought up how stadiums already put in fake crowd noise to make it louder. It’s just an extension of that.

I think it’s like when you’re playing Madden and they put in the crowd noises, it makes the game experience better.

In the least, I can’t see it making the game worse. It’s just crowd noise that you’re used to.

Check out the crowd noise in the KBO games. Where are these noises coming from?

I can’t tell if it’s enhanced or not but at least it’s something:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nTyjL9_5VN8
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2020 7:57 pm    Post subject:

^
Yeah, I don't like it. You just cited examples of scripted television. Like, I know it's made-up, make-believe. So I'm not going to care about a laugh track or whatever. You mentioned the KBO, and there was one telecast I saw the other day where the team put in cardboard cutouts of "people" in the box seats right behind the plate. I thought it looked ridiculous. We are all aware that these are extraordinary times. I think it would be better if they just showed the game. I think the NBA is going to explore things like enhancing what you hear on the court between the players, things like that. I don't know, I guess I just am not into something that's obviously fake.

If the NBA goes to the playoffs, of course you'd rather have the Staples Center crowd behind every great play the Lakers make if it's a home game. But if they are showing the Lakers in the playoffs, I'll be happy just to be watching the Lakers in the playoffs, given these tough times. Just show me the game. I don't need fake crowd noise, fake people, or anything like that.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2020 7:09 pm    Post subject:

Rumors out now that the Saints and Clowney are talking about a potential one year deal. The idea being that he helps them win a title and then sign long term with someone else next offseason.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2020 8:30 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Rumors out now that the Saints and Clowney are talking about a potential one year deal. The idea being that he helps them win a title and then sign long term with someone else next offseason.

Just curious, where are you seeing/hearing that?
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2020 8:11 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

Just curious, where are you seeing/hearing that?

Some reports on Twitter. I don’t give it much chance of happening but Clowney did turn down a big deal from Cleveland.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2020 11:56 am    Post subject:

The 49ers/Bengals one is the only one I find worth watching.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/05/30/seven-classic-super-bowls-coming-to-nbcsn-nbc-this-week/

Quote:
Seven classic Super Bowls coming to NBCSN, NBC this week

As we wait for live sports to return, why not enjoy some of the best live sports from days gone by?

You’ll get to do that this week on NBCSN and NBC, with seven classic Super Bowls re-aired from Monday through Sunday. All were originally televised by NBC.

It starts Monday night at 8:00 p.m. ET on NBCSN, with Super Bowl XIII between the Steelers and Cowboys. It was the best, by far, of the first 13 Super Bowl games. Featuring one of the most memorable drops in NFL history.

Tuesday night at 8:00 p.m. ET on NBCSN, one of the best NFL games ever returns to the television: Super Bowl XLIX, between the Patriots and Seahawks. Featuring one of the most memorable play calls in NFL history.

Wednesday night at 7:00 p.m. ET on NBCSN, another great Super Bowl can be watched again: No. 43, between the Steelers and Cardinals. Featuring more than a few all-time great moments.

On Thursday at 8:00 p.m. ET on NBCSN, it’s Super Bowl XXXII. The Packers and the Broncos and a certain helicopter impression that happened as Green Bay tried to bookend wins in Super Bowl I and II with a matching set 30 years later.

Friday night’s NBCSN game at 8:00 p.m. ET has the 49ers and Bengals meeting in Super Bowl XXIII. It’s a game that was decided in the final seconds, and if you look closely maybe you’ll see John Candy.

Super Bowl week ends on Sunday, with Super Bowl XX a/k/a the crown-their-ass moment for the ’85 Bears on NBC at 3:00 p.m. ET and Super Bowl III a/k/a the Joe Namath gets it right when he predicts that the Colts will be strug-uh-ling on NBCSN at 8:00 p.m. ET.

Throughout each broadcast, Liam McHugh will speak with key figures from each game — from Lynn Swann to Malcolm Butler to Santonio Holmes to Terrell Davis to Jerry Rice to Mike Singletary and Dan Hampton to Namath.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:11 am    Post subject:

Anyone think Brees will be injured this year?
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 4:57 pm    Post subject:

No I don't I could see him retiring after this season though but most suspected he would anyways.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:53 am    Post subject:

ContagiousInspiration wrote:
Anyone think Brees will be injured this year?

I hope not, hopefully he wins the Super Bowl.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2020 6:30 pm    Post subject:

It'll be aight if he does. He has the best backup in the NFL

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:42 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:

I am a Hill fan as well.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:18 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
jodeke wrote:

I am a Hill fan as well.

I was talking about Jameis Winston.

Would love to see Kap get a team and take it to the playoffs.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2020 10:10 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
jodeke wrote:

I am a Hill fan as well.

Winston isn’t Drew’s backup, Hill is. Kap was overwhelmed years ago reading defenses, I don’t think he could handle the complexities of today’s defenses. At best he might be a Trubisky-level player.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2020 10:20 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
jodeke wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
jodeke wrote:

I am a Hill fan as well.

Winston isn’t Drew’s backup, Hill is.

I know that. Winston is in a backup position. Are you trying to take my place as #1 non sarcasm detector VLF or is your LINK busted?

ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2020 1:14 pm    Post subject:

Several Dallas Cowboys and Houston Texans players test positive for coronavirus
By Wayne Sterling and Alicia Lee, CNN
Updated 4:23 PM EDT, Mon June 15, 2020
https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2020/06/15/us/dallas-cowboys-houston-texans-coronavirus-spt-trnd/index.html
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2020 1:34 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
jodeke wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
jodeke wrote:

I am a Hill fan as well.

Winston isn’t Drew’s backup, Hill is. Kap was overwhelmed years ago reading defenses, I don’t think he could handle the complexities of today’s defenses. At best he might be a Trubisky-level player.

Taysom Hill is not a quarterback.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2020 6:36 pm    Post subject:

panamaniac wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
jodeke wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
jodeke wrote:

I am a Hill fan as well.

He is Brees’ backup and last I looked Drew is a QB.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2020 3:48 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
panamaniac wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
jodeke wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
jodeke wrote:

I am a Hill fan as well.

He is Brees’ backup and last I looked Drew is a QB.

Yes he is. Drew Brees #9 Taysom Hill #7, Jamies Winston #2

About Kap. Maybe not but he deserves a shot because of the way he was treated.

venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2020 7:39 am    Post subject:

Kap has his shot, he screwed it up. Teams were seriously interested in working him out and he instead turned it into a media event. The NFL owes him nothing, maybe he should try the CFL.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2020 10:57 am    Post subject:

Kaps staged workout was a bucket of BS. Owners weren't really interested in giving him a chance. They wanted him to acquiesce and stand for the anthem. LINK

Roger Goodell wants Kap to be given a chance. He realizes Colin was banned for the wrong reason.

There are still some who think it was about the flag.

Black Lives Matter: Roger Goodell ‘encourages’ NFL team to sign Colin Kaepernick

LINK

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:43 am    Post subject:

First Take this morning reported Anthony Lynn, a Black coach, will give Colin a workout this summr.

The debate then turned to, if there were more Black owners, coaches in the NfL would Kap have been gone so long. The overall consensus was NO.

Now it's on Kaepernick. He either has it or he doesn't. Good luck Colin. You have a very hard row to hoe.

Chargers to work out Kaepernick

LINK

LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:40 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
First Take this morning reported Anthony Lynn, a Black coach, will give Colin a workout this summr.

The debate then turned to, if there were more Black owners, coaches in the NfL would Kap have been gone so long. The overall consensus was NO.

Now it's on Kaepernick. He either has it or he doesn't. Good luck Colin. You have a very hard row to hoe.

Chargers to work out Kaepernick

LINK

Sometimes, coaches like Anthony Lynn and Pete Carroll just need to put up or shut up.

What's the point of saying:

Quote:
Los Angeles Chargers coach Anthony Lynn says teams "would be crazy" not to have free-agent quarterback Colin Kaepernick on their workout lists this summer.

But then also have this:

Quote:
Lynn said his team does not have plans yet to work out Kaepernick, but did not shut the door on trying him out.

It's time to either do it or not do it. All this talking about how they regret not signing him back then [Pete Carroll] or how it would be crazy for other teams to not have him on the workout list [Anthony Lynn] is just a waste of time if you're not going to actually do something.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 25, 26, 27  Next
Page 20 of 27
Jump to: