JR Smith beats up dude who broke into his car lol

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BigBallerBrand
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2020 4:58 pm    Post subject: JR Smith beats up dude who broke into his car lol

https://www.tmz.com/2020/05/31/j-r-smith-attack-fight-video-los-angeles-la-protests-nba/
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2020 5:27 pm    Post subject:

Wait is JR Smith on the Lakers?

That being said I get why JR did it but at the same time he's opening himself up to a lawsuit.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2020 5:51 pm    Post subject:

Good. All violent supposed "protesters" should get their azz whooped. These guys don't care about change or black lives. Some people just love chaos and free things. As a kid, I always asked, "Why do we have laws?" What gives someone power over me? To say I can't do this, I can't do that. You grow older and you realize why you need law. The moment there isn't law, you better stock up on guns and ammo because of these types of people who love chaos and raiding.
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2020 8:33 pm    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:

That being said I get why JR did it but at the same time he's opening himself up to a lawsuit.

Lawsuit on the way, I'm sure. Once that guys realizes JR has money the
suit is coming, win or not...

And IF JR is a Laker, watch out for a banana boat ride, then we'll know...
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2020 8:49 pm    Post subject:

deal wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:

Lawsuit on the way, I'm sure. Once that guys realizes JR has money the
suit is coming, win or not...

And IF JR is a Laker, watch out for a banana boat ride, then we'll know...

I'm sure that dude knows who JR Smith is. May 31 is an infamous day for him its the two year anniversary of the infamous Game 1 gaffe vs the Warriors.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2020 9:16 pm    Post subject:

Glad to see TMZ “respected his privacy “. Lol
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2020 5:45 am    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
Good. All violent supposed "protesters" should get their azz whooped. These guys don't care about change or black lives. Some people just love chaos and free things. As a kid, I always asked, "Why do we have laws?" What gives someone power over me? To say I can't do this, I can't do that. You grow older and you realize why you need law. The moment there isn't law, you better stock up on guns and ammo because of these types of people who love chaos and raiding.

Have to agree here. The rioters aren't the legit protesters. Not only that you think the cops are going to respond to a vehicle vandalism during a riot?
DShotMaker1824
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2020 6:13 am    Post subject:

Why is this in the lounge?

"Through the legs to the left, through the legs to the right, we don't run them Laker plays, we just Kobe fadeaway..."
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2020 6:21 am    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:

We'll see. If the guy comes forward to sue him, he also opens himself up to being arrested.

I understand why Smith did what he did in the heat of the moment. But I also don't see it as something to cheer about.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2020 7:39 am    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:

We'll see. If the guy comes forward to sue him, he also opens himself up to being arrested.

I understand why Smith did what he did in the heat of the moment. But I also don't see it as something to cheer about.

Why would he be arrested?

- First off, is there video of that specific guy breaking into JRs car?
- Secondly, are the police even bothering to ticket or give bench warrants for the majority of minor vandalism in recent days?
- Lastly, the greater charge would be assault. Video evidence of him repeatedly kicking him on the ground could even escalate the charges.

Vandal was an idiot and as much as I can agree with some "he got what he deserved" justice for the actions, I can't agree with the inappropriate response to administer heat of the moment street justice. Just can't do it.

I'm not a lawyer but I would agree with the comment above that Smith better hope this guy slinks off to the shadows. He comes forth looking for a payday and Smith loses in this trade off.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:26 am    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
activeverb wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:

Why would he be arrested?

- First off, is there video of that specific guy breaking into JRs car?
- Secondly, are the police even bothering to ticket or give bench warrants for the majority of minor vandalism in recent days?
- Lastly, the greater charge would be assault. Video evidence of him repeatedly kicking him on the ground could even escalate the charges.

Vandal was an idiot and as much as I can agree with some "he got what he deserved" justice for the actions, I can't agree with the inappropriate response to administer heat of the moment street justice. Just can't do it.

I'm not a lawyer but I would agree with the comment above that Smith better hope this guy slinks off to the shadows. He comes forth looking for a payday and Smith loses in this trade off.

Well, I'm not going to play lawyer and analyze how much of a case either side has. I don't care if the guy sues Smith and wins some money.

But I'm also not going to cry tears for a guy who smashes a truck window and then gets beaten up by the owner of said truck.

I do think there would be some amusing irony if he sued Smith and got tossed in jail as a result.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2020 2:26 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:

To protect the interests of the rich and powerful. Everyone knows that!
oaktown_dimond
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 8:08 am    Post subject:

yeah, JR better hope he never sees that guy again... i mean what's JR's defense? "the dude's a b**ch"... and nearly EVERYONE, including the judge will nod their heads in agreement, but the law is the law.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2020 8:46 pm    Post subject:

yeah, when was he a LAKER???
BigBallerBrand
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:25 pm    Post subject:

unleasHell wrote:
yeah, when was he a LAKER???

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: