Season is over (personal opinion)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2020 5:39 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
kikanga wrote:
There's never been a higher likelihood that a team who isn't the best wins a chip this year. And for that reason. I'm not excited the NBA is coming back.

That’s honest and understandable.

For example, it would suck to see the gimmick Rockets win.

I’m in the happy to have sports back camp, but I understand your point of view and appreciate the honesty.

Same to you. Fingers crossed we get the chip.

I don’t see how this increased anyone’s chances other than the clippers. Because Kawhi would have fell apart without the break.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2020 5:45 pm    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
kikanga wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
kikanga wrote:
There's never been a higher likelihood that a team who isn't the best wins a chip this year. And for that reason. I'm not excited the NBA is coming back.

I’m in the happy to have sports back camp, but I understand your point of view and appreciate the honesty.

I don’t see how this increased anyone’s chances other than the clippers. Because Kawhi would have fell apart without the break.

An argument could be made that the every other day intensity and consolidated schedule would impact Kawhi’s situation (unless he is always playing possum).

I look at this as more advantageous for a team like the rockets. Maybe they can now win with small ball after a long break.

Their small ball idea could work for a playoff run after 4 months of rest. The downside to their strategy was always if they could survive the grind of an entire season + playoffs. Now it’s a totally different dynamic that helps their chances imo.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2020 12:20 am    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
kikanga wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
kikanga wrote:

I think it helped us. We got an old squad.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2020 7:20 am    Post subject:

There is still a month long training camp (1 week home, 3 weeks in Orlando) and a one month warning before training camp begins. Everybody is coming back with the same teams, same opponents and the same coaches*. They will have more than enough time to get back in to rhythm. But of course if major players go down with COVID then the best team left over will win.

*Coaches and assistants over 65 years old may not join from what I heard on 710.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22
Page 22 of 22
Jump to: