BLACK LIVES MATTER (Please Continue to Say Their Names) - DALANEO MARTIN
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 74, 75, 76  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2020 5:53 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
John Boyega just made a lifelong fan out of me for his comments on this.

Care to clue us in on what they were?😄
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2020 6:12 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
kikanga wrote:

Pretty much a F-U to racists. He's going pretty hard on the topic. Hope it doesn't hurt him career wise with the current trash cancel culture we have going on.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2020 6:28 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
kikanga wrote:

Pretty much a F-U to racists. He's going pretty hard on the topic. Hope it doesn't hurt him career wise with the current trash cancel culture we have going on.

I don't think even cancel-culture can crush someone whose message is "F-U racists". I doubt many people who would hire John Boyega are concerned about any backlash from people who are against such a message.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2020 6:33 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Agreed. Don't disband police unions; disband police forces all together.

OK. When someone breaks into your home, robs a bank, kills someone, who ya gonna call, GHOST BUSTERS???

I'll call on you and you call on me. We'll all be part of a rotating constabulary.

Ask Ahmed Aubrey how that works out.

Odd that someone who casts people who ask for others to be decent and follow the rules in public as "deranged" is an advocate for vigilantism . . . that's an irony that's astounding in it's magnitude.

I ask for everyone to be understanding and forgiving of our trifling failures and inconsistencies as human beings.

But yes, the Ahmed Aubrey murder clearly shows why the current US law enforcement infrastructure is essential to the functioning of a well-governed state.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2020 6:33 pm    Post subject:

‘How long before we strike back?’: Ice Cube reacts to death of unarmed black man following arrest in Minneapolis
https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/music/news/ice-cube-minneapolis-george-floyd-death-police-kneel-neck-arrest-a9534131.html

Yesterday I felt like there were odds that cop doesn't make it to court or potentially through the weekend...

I am also surprised we haven't talked about this insane case
https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=Breonna+Taylor+and+Kenneth+Walker

^*my terrible question for this case..
Boyfriend was a African American with a legit CC permit
What if he was trained so well he killed all three intruders?
"Good shoot" ? Isn't that their terminology?

What we need to do is remove or reduce the Fraternity.... They are Public Servants/"Peace Officers"... Reduce their "Force" hours and make them walk the streets and get to know the citizens. They see toooo much US vs Them! We are supposed to be the same. These guys drink too much just like the people they arrest but they see "Other" because we allow them to have some sort of "Fraternity" inside our communities that does not see us as them.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2020 6:44 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:

OK. When someone breaks into your home, robs a bank, kills someone, who ya gonna call, GHOST BUSTERS???

I'll call on you and you call on me. We'll all be part of a rotating constabulary.

Odd that someone who casts people who ask for others to be decent and follow the rules in public as "deranged" is an advocate for vigilantism . . . that's an irony that's astounding in it's magnitude.

I ask for everyone to be understanding and forgiving of our trifling failures and inconsistencies as human beings.

But yes, the Ahmed Aubrey murder clearly shows why the current US law enforcement infrastructure is essential to the functioning of a well-governed state.

my bold
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2020 6:51 pm    Post subject:

ContagiousInspiration wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:

my bold

I have to tell my truth, Contagious. I think not being super supercilious about leash laws in Central Park clearly means that one has to then support racist extrajudicial murders. There's no daylight between those two positions.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2020 7:25 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
kikanga wrote:

https://twitter.com/JamilSmith/status/1265801209740324866
https://twitter.com/AndroidApex/status/1265616607470026756/photo/2
https://twitter.com/JohnBoyega/status/1265573998148100103
https://twitter.com/JohnBoyega/status/1265567909583167494

He is putting up with zero BS or obfuscation.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2020 7:44 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Cut the crap.

You condemn citizens for not minding their own business when it comes to inconsiderate people spoiling things for others. Yet you advocate that LE should be banned so that citizens can police themselves.

The reference to the Aubrey case has nothing to do with advocacy for LE and everything to do with the perils of vigilante justice and you know that.

I get that you think you're being clever, and I hope you are enjoying yourself, but it's just douchebaggery none the less.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2020 7:51 pm    Post subject:

I think not being super supercilious about leash laws in Central Park clearly means that one has to then support racist extrajudicial murders. There's no daylight between those two positions.

True, but there's a stupefying level of idiocy in attempting to claim that people should mind their own business about others violating the law in public while advocating that Police Departments be abolished so that the citizenry can police themselves.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2020 8:11 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Cut the crap.

You condemn citizens for not minding their own business when it comes to inconsiderate people spoiling things for others. Yet you advocate that LE should be banned so that citizens can police themselves.

The reference to the Aubrey case has nothing to do with advocacy for LE and everything to do with the perils of vigilante justice and you know that.

I get that you think you're being clever, and I hope you are enjoying yourself, but it's just douchebaggery none the less.

You...

You referenced the Ahmed Aubrey case, DMR.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2020 8:12 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
I think not being super supercilious about leash laws in Central Park clearly means that one has to then support racist extrajudicial murders. There's no daylight between those two positions.

True, but there's a stupefying level of idiocy in attempting to claim that people should mind their own business about others violating the law in public while advocating that Police Departments be abolished so that the citizenry can police themselves.

You like the police and you like policing others' behavior. That's okay, it makes sense for you.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2020 9:42 pm    Post subject:

ContagiousInspiration wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:

my bold

I have to tell my truth, Contagious. I think not being super supercilious about leash laws in Central Park clearly means that one has to then support racist extrajudicial murders. There's no daylight between those two positions.

What if the cops had showed up and shot him. Would they be similar then?
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2020 9:53 pm    Post subject:

We--"non-whites"--are the global majority. However, the US is an ethnic/racial anomaly...and a "white"/racist country, historically speaking.

I learned, a long time ago, not to fight or run away from the police. I say this a non-white male, whose been arrested 11 times during his 49 years on this planet.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2020 12:36 am    Post subject:

Is this wrong of me to say

AS MANY AS POSSIBLE>>Police Unions or Individual Police Captains need to come out and distance themselves from this officer and condemn his behavior...
sadly he could blame that (bleep) on a insulin deficiency and get off with desk work...

Any cop that stays quiet is a cop who is afraid to do the right thing..
Hopefully it makes front cover of Time and a few others so it makes it harder for the Feds to sweep under the rug
GoldenChild
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2020 12:44 am    Post subject:

Talk about power trippin. He was handcuffed, on the ground, and complying with authority.

What was cop's logic? Are they trained to do this? I'm not against cops. I have friends and family who are cops.

Also, I hope no senseless rioting occurs because of this. Two wrongs don't make a right.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2020 12:53 am    Post subject:

GoldenChild wrote:
Talk about power trippin. He was handcuffed, on the ground, and complying with authority.

What was cop's logic? Are they trained to do this? I'm not against cops. I have friends and family who are cops.

Also, I hope no senseless rioting occurs because of this. Two wrongs don't make a right.

Rioting already has occurred.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2020 1:11 am    Post subject:

FernieBee wrote:
We--"non-whites"--are the global majority. However, the US is an ethnic/racial anomaly...and a "white"/racist country, historically speaking.

I learned, a long time ago, not to fight or run away from the police. I say this a non-white male, whose been arrested 11 times during his 49 years on this planet.

Money is the root of all evil...

War on Drugs
Immigration Internment Camps
Iraq War
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$^^^
All done for money for themselves and their homies that own defense industries -private prisons or pork loaded Crime Bills..

*Some of hese latest ICE Camps are managed by Generals from our Military who want easy cash in their retirement.
"Democracy for me but not for thee."

Central Park Five...
Quote:
"ultimately, there proved to be no physical or forensic evidence recovered at the scene or from the person or effects of the victim which connected the defendants to the attack on the jogger, or could establish how many perpetrators participated."
http://content.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,397521,00.html

^^But Trump still wanted them executed even after exoneration.

BTW.. Your 11 is easily beaten by this young man...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earl_Sampson
Quote:
During a four-year period, Sampson was questioned 258 times, searched over 100 times, arrested for trespassing 62 times, and jailed 56 times; the majority of these events occurred at the Quickstop.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2020 1:14 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
GoldenChild wrote:

Rioting already has occurred.

Just saw a headline about one dead

(bleep) they surrounded and damaged a state patrol car in los angeles.. long ways from Minnesota
https://abc7news.com/politics/black-lives-matter-demonstrators-shutdown-busy-la-freeway-in-protest-of-george-floyd-death/6216002/
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2020 1:17 am    Post subject:

^
Yes, there were major protests in downtown LA last night.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2020 6:10 am    Post subject:

NBC News: Minneapolis police officer at center of George Floyd's death had history of prior complaints. Derek Chauvin had been with the Minneapolis police since 2001. During his career, he was the subject of a dozen police conduct complaints; he was never disciplined.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2020 6:20 am    Post subject:

You like the police and you like policing others' behavior. That's okay, it makes sense for you.

Except for the fact that I have made it abundantly clear the opposite is the case.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2020 6:22 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:

What if the cops had showed up and shot him. Would they be similar then?

BVH has no desire to have an actual discussion of substance.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2020 6:35 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
NBC News: Minneapolis police officer at center of George Floyd's death had history of prior complaints. Derek Chauvin had been with the Minneapolis police since 2001. During his career, he was the subject of a dozen police conduct complaints; he was never disciplined.

A pattern that is common to most of the officers involved in these unjustified killings. It goes back to the lack of accountability I mentioned at the start of the thread. And that lack of accountability leads to an escalation of the behavior. A cop gets away with being too rough with a suspect several times, and he realizes there ill be no repercussions for the actions. He realizes that the system doesn't care about the abuses, so the abuses become more bold and more deadly.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2020 7:54 am    Post subject:

rokobe81 wrote:
If the county attorney will not press charges can anybody else do it?

The FBI is in charge of the investigation
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 74, 75, 76  Next
Page 4 of 76
Jump to: