THE Political Thread (ALL Political Discussion Here - See Rules, P. 1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2256, 2257, 2258 ... 3661, 3662, 3663  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2020 12:17 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
Quote:
Political Polls @Politics_Polls

Arizona Senate GE:
Mark Kelly (D) 51% (+10)
Martha McSally (R-inc) 41%

South Carolina Senate GE:
Jaime Harrison (D) 42% (!!!!)
Lindsey Graham (R-inc) 42%

Generic Congressional Ballot:
Democrats 47% (+8)
Republicans 39%

https://twitter.com/Politics_Polls

It's tough to see a scenario in which Kelly wins and Biden loses in Arizona. In order for Trump to win the presidency by losing Arizona, he'd have to win two out of MI/WI/PA. But if Biden wins Arizona, he'll probably win two out of those three states.

Arizona is probably the tipping point state. Whoever wins it will win the presidency.
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2020 1:56 pm    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
Quote:

Arizona Senate GE:
Mark Kelly (D) 51% (+10)

Democrats 47% (+8)
Republicans 39%

It's tough to see a scenario in which Kelly wins and Biden loses in Arizona. In order for Trump to win the presidency by losing Arizona, he'd have to win two out of MI/WI/PA. But if Biden wins Arizona, he'll probably win two out of those three states.

Arizona is probably the tipping point state. Whoever wins it will win the presidency.

When i voted in 2016, every ballot next to me had Trump on it. Made sure to update my voter registration, and i am trying to get every democrat i know to vote in AZ this year.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2020 2:16 pm    Post subject:

BadGuy wrote:
Wilt wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
Quote:

Arizona Senate GE:
Mark Kelly (D) 51% (+10)

Democrats 47% (+8)
Republicans 39%

When i voted in 2016, every ballot next to me had Trump on it. Made sure to update my voter registration, and i am trying to get every democrat i know to vote in AZ this year.

The AZ electorate also split ticket in 2018 in what seems like a very strong ongoing anti-McSalley sentiment.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2020 2:37 pm    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
Quote:

Arizona Senate GE:
Mark Kelly (D) 51% (+10)

Democrats 47% (+8)
Republicans 39%

there are a lot of scenarios for Biden to win the presidency without Arizona. If he's winning Arizona it's likely a big win overall.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2020 3:25 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Donald Trump to sign Executive Order about Social Media and internet companies tomorrow.

On the flight back to Washington, WH Press Sec Kayleigh McEnany came back just before landing to say that Pres Trump is signing an executive order today “pertaining to social media” but had no details on what it would do, per WH pool.

Just minutes later, WH pool was told that the social media executive order will actually be signed tomorrow not tonight. But still few details on what is in the EO.

https://tinyurl.com/y7364n6f

This is EXACTLY like when Trump supporters come into this thread and claim the mods are taking away their freedom of speech by asking them for links and calling out lies.

If their President doesn't know what free speech is and what it pertains to. Can't expect them to either ... I guess.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2020 3:39 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Quote:
Donald Trump to sign Executive Order about Social Media and internet companies tomorrow.

On the flight back to Washington, WH Press Sec Kayleigh McEnany came back just before landing to say that Pres Trump is signing an executive order today “pertaining to social media” but had no details on what it would do, per WH pool.

Just minutes later, WH pool was told that the social media executive order will actually be signed tomorrow not tonight. But still few details on what is in the EO.

This is EXACTLY like when Trump supporters come into this thread and claim the mods are taking away their freedom of speech by asking them for links and calling out lies.

If their President doesn't know what free speech is and what it pertains to. Can't expect them to either ... I guess.

Yeah, they like to whine because we actually have a higher standard for truth than Trump and his minions are used to.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2020 4:19 pm    Post subject:

I still don't know what to make of Tara Reare's accusations, and it feels terrible to be in such a state of limbo.

But also...where's Ryan Grim vis-a-vis Tara Reade right now?
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2020 6:57 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
David Sirota
@davidsirota
IMO an alliance of Wall Street guys, Karens, boomer libs who run think tanks and Water wave emoji tweeters is not the coalition that is best positioned to defeat Donald Trump.

https://twitter.com/davidsirota/status/1265789480520134656

This was the chief comms guy in Bernie's campaign before he was sidelined back in February and whom greenfrog thinks should've had a stronger voice in the Sanders 2020 campaign in order to ensure a Bernie victory. Also, David Sir*ta has been a PR flack for fracking corps in previous years st to show where he lies ideologically.
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2020 7:27 pm    Post subject:

We all know what he's really saying is that Bernie's coalition of young people (who didn't show up in the primary) and white working class people (who actually voted for Biden) would be a stronger coalition to stand against Trump. You'd have to be a Bernie Bro on steroids to actually believe that crap now. None of these surrogates can deal with the undeniable fact that Bernie's support shrunk from 2016 to 2020. And these geniuses had an actual plan to win the primary with 35% of the vote and then convince the other 65% to support him reluctantly. Which is a bad political strategy and is almost entirely based on factors beyond Bernie's control, such as a bunch of moderate candidates staying in the race so they can help Bernie win a plurality. And all that reluctant support somehow would have resulted in a stronger coalition against Trump. I doubt Sirota even believes that. What Sirota wants is for Trump to win and then say "I told you so!" for the next four years, with all the privilege that entails.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2020 7:50 pm    Post subject:

The far left who incorrectly lump Democrats and Republicans together treat policy like it's a pass fail course.

There are levels to it. There is A+ policy (alot of things I saw on Warren's website). F policy (alot of things I've seen from Trump's 4 years in office).
And a wide array of grades in between, per issue.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2020 8:01 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Quote:

They know the difference, even if Trump doesn't . . . that's not the issue. They just don't give a (bleep) about the realities of it all snd like to usr it as a crutch to play the victim.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
tlim
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2020 8:56 pm    Post subject:

Holy F’n God

https://www.reddit.com/r/PublicFreakout/comments/grxk3p/justified_freakout_pa_house_representative_brian/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

Those people need to be in jail.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2020 9:25 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
The far left who incorrectly lump Democrats and Republicans together treat policy like it's a pass fail course.

There are levels to it. There is A+ policy (alot of things I saw on Warren's website). F policy (alot of things I've seen from Trump's 4 years in office).

And Bernie and Jayapal have good ideas. What difference does it make? They're powerless, and always will be. Warren reeled off a list of 8 requirements needed to secure her vote for CARES. Got zero, and voted for the bill anyway, so even their threats are empty most of the time (although Jayapal did vote against HEROES -- the lone progressive to do so).

Here's another example of a D- policy leader: https://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/05/27/adam-schiff-ripped-biggest-hypocrite-congress-undermining-effort-curb-fbi-spy-powers

Of course, you also have the "bipartisan" crossover events like these:

https://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/05/21/just-give-people-money-progressives-rip-third-way-approved-complicated-tax-credit

Get a coupon to learn to code... F. But unlike whatever bold plan Warren releases in a Medium post that one probably has a good chance of happening.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2020 10:56 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
kikanga wrote:

And Bernie and Jayapal have good ideas. What difference does it make? They're powerless, and always will be. Warren reeled off a list of 8 requirements needed to secure her vote for CARES. Got zero, and voted for the bill anyway, so even their threats are empty most of the time (although Jayapal did vote against HEROES -- the lone progressive to do so).

Here's another example of a D- policy leader: https://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/05/27/adam-schiff-ripped-biggest-hypocrite-congress-undermining-effort-curb-fbi-spy-powers

Of course, you also have the "bipartisan" crossover events like these:

https://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/05/21/just-give-people-money-progressives-rip-third-way-approved-complicated-tax-credit

Get a coupon to learn to code... F. But unlike whatever bold plan Warren releases in a Medium post that one probably has a good chance of happening.

You just proved my point.

If 1 Senator out of a Congress of 535 (100 in Senate, 435 in House) doesn't pass the law they advocate for. FAIL.

If changing law ... or life in general was that simple. The world would look very different. That idea is antithetic to progress.

Life and law isn't that simple. Progress isn't lineal. Life isn't a pass or fail class. If you grade everything that way, it's easy to ignore and skip over positive movement.

It's why Bernie will be voting for Biden. Same goes for Warren, Pelosi, Clinton, Clinton, Obama, and AOC (helping Biden with his climate policy). All Biden voters this November.

Good isn't the enemy of great. When failure, death, and backward movement is the alternative.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2020 11:21 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
It's why Bernie will be voting for Biden. Same goes for Warren, Pelosi, Clinton, Clinton, Obama, and] AOC (helping Biden with his climate policy). All Biden voters this November.

Good isn't the enemy of great. When failure, death, and backward movement is the alternative.

You might be the only person on the planet who thinks those task forces are genuine.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2020 11:27 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
kikanga wrote:
It's why Bernie will be voting for Biden. Same goes for Warren, Pelosi, Clinton, Clinton, Obama, and] AOC (helping Biden with his climate policy). All Biden voters this November.

You might be the only person on the planet who thinks those task forces are genuine.

You unfortunately don't care that they are. And the tangible change it will make in people's lives across the world won't matter to you either.

Last edited by kikanga on Wed May 27, 2020 11:34 pm; edited 2 times in total
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2020 11:33 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
kikanga wrote:

You unfortunately don't care that they are. And the tangible change it will make in people's lives across the world won't matter to you either.

When do we get the results from the task forces back? I'm going to take a wild stab and say they line up almost exactly with Biden's agenda from the start. My God, at least Hillary gave up meaningless platform concessions. Now the kabuki theater has been reduced to friggin task forces! More of that "progress" I'm missing.

Last edited by greenfrog on Wed May 27, 2020 11:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2020 11:35 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
kikanga wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
kikanga wrote:

When do we get the results from the task forces back? I'm going to take a wild stab and say they line up almost exactly with Biden's agenda from the start.

Why do you care about the politician? Care about the policy!

I'm glad I don't understand the mindset that hates Democrats as much as Republicans. Caring about policy over anything else is what matters.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2020 11:39 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Why do you care about the politician? Care about the policy!

When he debuts the new ones I will.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2020 8:46 am    Post subject:

Quote:
PoliticsVideoChannel @politvidchannel

BREAKING: Democrat Sara Gideon is leading GOP sen. Susan Collins by 9 points in the Maine senate race in new poll.

9 points. I'm sure she's deeply troubled.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2020 8:52 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Josh Marshall @joshtpm

Trump Tweets Video Declaring That ‘The Only Good Democrat Is A Dead Democrat’ https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/trump-tweets-video-saying-that-the-only-good-democrat-is-a-dead-democrat via @TPM

And yet Twitter is fine with it.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2020 9:01 am    Post subject:

Coped from COVID thread:

Trump's response to 100,000 American deaths:

Quote:
Kyle Griffin @kylegriffin1

The reported U.S. death toll from the coronavirus hit 100,000 on Wednesday. Trump officially made no comment about it.

Joe Biden's response to 100,000 American deaths:

Quote:
Joe Biden @JoeBiden·

There are moments in our history so grim, so heart-rending, that they're forever fixed in each of our hearts as shared grief. Today is one of those moments. 100,000 lives have now been lost to this virus.

To those hurting, I'm so sorry for your loss. The nation grieves with you.

link to full video address
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2020 9:37 am    Post subject:

NYT: Get Republicans to Vote Against Trump? This Group Will Spend $10 Million to Try. A new organization, Republican Voters Against Trump, is testing the premise of whether there are really any persuadable voters left.

Quote:
Now, a new effort called Republican Voters Against Trump is hoping to chip away at Mr. Trump’s support from white, college-educated Republican voters in the suburbs, hoping a more surgical approach will help to elect Joseph R. Biden Jr., his expected Democratic opponent.

The new group is set to begin a $10 million digital and television advertising campaign that will use personal stories of conservative voters giving voice to their deep — and sometimes brand-new — dissatisfaction with the president.

The group will test the premise of whether there are really any persuadable voters left in a deeply tribal moment in American politics, in which views of Mr. Trump, both positive and negative, have only been hardened over the past four years.

“What was missing in 2016 was a real concerted effort to take the voices of real people who have deep reservations about Trump, but who identify as Republicans, and allow them to be the messengers,” said Sarah Longwell, a lifelong conservative and a prominent Never Trump Republican.

Quote:
After almost three years of conducting focus groups and intensive research on messages that would work with persuadable voters, the founders have created a cache of 100 testimonial videos, most shot on smartphones, with voters explaining why they are making the sometimes painful choice to break with their political party.

Quote:
The ad campaign, set to blitz the swing states of Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, Michigan, Florida, North Carolina and Arizona through the summer, is primarily aimed at college-educated white voters in suburbs.

Ms. Longwell said her focus groups had shown that there were still persuadable voters out there.

“I was surprised by how many people had just decided because of the coronavirus response,” Ms. Longwell said. “They for the first time started watching the press conferences.”
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2020 9:44 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:

Quote:
The ad campaign, set to blitz the swing states of Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, Michigan, Florida, North Carolina and Arizona through the summer, is primarily aimed at college-educated white voters in suburbs.

Ms. Longwell said her focus groups had shown that there were still persuadable voters out there.

“I was surprised by how many people had just decided because of the coronavirus response,” Ms. Longwell said. “They for the first time started watching the press conferences.”

Very smart.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2020 9:49 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
Quote:
Josh Marshall @joshtpm

Trump Tweets Video Declaring That ‘The Only Good Democrat Is A Dead Democrat’ https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/trump-tweets-video-saying-that-the-only-good-democrat-is-a-dead-democrat via @TPM

And yet Twitter is fine with it.

Terrorist! Not just a bad leader or an imbecile.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2256, 2257, 2258 ... 3661, 3662, 3663  Next
Page 2257 of 3663
Jump to: