A white woman has apologized after calling police on a black man and saying 'there's an African American man threatening my life'
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 5:09 am    Post subject: A white woman has apologized after calling police on a black man and saying 'there's an African American man threatening my life'

Black guy was bird watching in Central Park. White woman had her dog off the leash. Bird watchers hate this because the dogs tear up the vegetation that attracts birds. Black guy asks white woman to put her dog on a leash. White woman gets mad:

Quote:
(CNN)A white woman has apologized for calling police on a black man in Central Park on Monday, after the two argued about her unleashed dog.

Amy Cooper told CNN she wanted to "publicly apologize to everyone."
"I'm not a racist. I did not mean to harm that man in any way," she said, adding that she also didn't mean any harm to the African American community.

She was walking her dog Monday while Christian Cooper was bird watching at a wooded area of Central Park called the Ramble.

Amy Cooper and Christian Cooper are not related.

They both told CNN the dispute began because Amy Cooper's dog was not on a leash. Dogs are supposed to be leashed at all times in the Ramble, according to the park's website.

The dog has been surrendered to the shelter he was adopted from days earlier while the dispute is addressed, according to a Facebook post from Abandoned Angels Cocker Spaniel Rescue, Inc.

"The dog is now in our rescue's care and he is safe and in good health," the post said.

Christian Cooper recorded video of part of their encounter and posted it on Facebook, where it has since been shared more than 2,000 times.

"I'm taking a picture and calling the cops," Amy Cooper is heard saying in the video. "I'm going to tell them there's an African American man threatening my life."

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/26/us/central-park-video-dog-video-african-american-trnd/index.html

ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 5:30 am    Post subject:

Thankfully the Police were understaffed or something because the Black man who Sadly had her same last name is still alive. A friend of mine had a black dude angrily question him when he heard him say his last name "Davis"; "So you're great grandpappy owned my great grandpappy eh?"

Quality story

Dude only asked her to leash her dog because he respects the Park very much
His Sister said he started filming because he could tell she was "gonna go full blown Karen mode" sic
He never was rude and when she puts the leash on he simply said "Thank you" and left

She told reporter she realizes because she's white she's used Cops as protectors and recognizes some people don't have that same privilege (bleep) white people try to use the cops as their Bully not protector.

Lost her job and her dog on the same day. Hopefully she commits herself to some serious counseling
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 8:45 am    Post subject:

The woman obviously tried to get the guy arrested (or killed) over it, but quite frankly, that guy was also being a "Karen". If that facebook post of his, that I saw, is real, then his behavior prior to filming was not only odd, but just as "narc-like" as some of these Karen stories.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 8:52 am    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:
The woman obviously tried to get the guy arrested (or killed) over it, but quite frankly, that guy was also being a "Karen". If that facebook post of his, that I saw, is real, then his behavior prior to filming was not only odd, but just as "narc-like" as some of these Karen stories.

He asked her to keep her dog on a leash (per the law) because dogs tear up the vegetation in an area that is known for it's bird watching. Asking people to be courteous towards a public area is hardly being a "Karen" and to compare him to the type of vile person who would put someone's freedom and well being at risk because they were offended by being asked to be considerate is very much missing the point.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 9:00 am    Post subject:

Was wondering when this was going to show up here.

This woman is a vile racist and knew exactly what she was doing. The verbiage she used in her call was intended to get him arrested, or even worse -- killed by the police (I'm going to tell them an African American man is threatening me). She's already deleted her social media and her job has suspended her, and she, quite frankly, deserves everything she's getting with her life and reputation ruined.

Also, she choked the (bleep) out of her dog, and the shelter has already taken it back.

Last edited by DuncanIdaho on Tue May 26, 2020 9:06 am; edited 1 time in total
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 9:03 am    Post subject:

the white lady and the black man have the same last name

what are the odds

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 9:05 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
vanexelent wrote:

He asked her to keep her dog on a leash (per the law) because dogs tear up the vegetation in an area that is known for it's bird watching. Asking people to be courteous towards a public area is hardly being a "Karen" and to compare him to the type of vile person who would put someone's freedom and well being at risk because they were offended by being asked to be considerate is very much missing the point.

Apparently he carried dog treats in his pocket and tried to entice the dog to him, prior to her freaking out. He specifically carried them for situations like that. I get that hes an avid bird watched, but that's a little uncalled for. He also warned her by saying "im going to do what I want to do and you're not going to like it".

Frankly, if a white woman were caught on video trying to entice some else's dog to them because they were violating a leash rule, we'd be calling her a Karen.
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 9:10 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
vanexelent wrote:

Well said. Trying to equate the behavior between the two is ridiculous. He wanted the dog on a leash per the leash law and posted signs; she clearly wanted him arrested or dead.

Her apology is also a non-apology. She's not remorseful at all.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 10:00 am    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
vanexelent wrote:

Apparently he carried dog treats in his pocket and tried to entice the dog to him, prior to her freaking out. He specifically carried them for situations like that. I get that hes an avid bird watched, but that's a little uncalled for. He also warned her by saying "im going to do what I want to do and you're not going to like it".

Frankly, if a white woman were caught on video trying to entice some else's dog to them because they were violating a leash rule, we'd be calling her a Karen.

Not sure where you're getting this ill intent from carrying dog treats from. One of the regular FedEx guys for our neighborhood carries dog treats for the dogs he encounters on his rounds as does on of my neighbors. And it's not to "entice" the dogs, it is simply to try and become friendly with dogs who may be loose.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 10:10 am    Post subject:

Yeah, notice she did not call the cops to say some guy was hassling her (if that is what she felt was happening) but to breathlessly say some Black guy was threatening her life. Way to escalate lady.

Glad the rescue took the dog back, she obviously is unfit to adopt an animal.
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 10:36 am    Post subject:

Dastardly Devilish Douche Doggedly Determined to Deep-six Dodo Dunce...
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 10:39 am    Post subject:

This makes me angry. What would have happened if he wasn’t filming? He probably gets arrested because she pretended to be in trouble and even told the cops to hurry up while she acted like she might die at any moment.

And why didn’t she get arrested?
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 11:13 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
vanexelent wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
vanexelent wrote:

Not sure where you're getting this ill intent from carrying dog treats from. One of the regular FedEx guys for our neighborhood carries dog treats for the dogs he encounters on his rounds as does on of my neighbors. And it's not to "entice" the dogs, it is simply to try and become friendly with dogs who may be loose.

Hey man, it's vanexelent. I once got, not sure, a day, a week suspension, for saying he seemed like the kind who wanted separate bathrooms and water fountains.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Last edited by jodeke on Tue May 26, 2020 11:58 am; edited 1 time in total
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 11:24 am    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
vanexelent wrote:

Why couldn't she just say no thanks? I've had people at the park try to give my dog treats too.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 11:27 am    Post subject:

Steve007 wrote:
This makes me angry. What would have happened if he wasn’t filming? He probably gets arrested because she pretended to be in trouble and even told the cops to hurry up while she acted like she might die at any moment.

Another example of smart phones being the greatest civil rights and self-defense invention of all time. No doubt in my mind this guy would be in a jail cell otherwise.
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 11:42 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Woman Is Fired After Calling Police on Black Man in Central Park

By evening, Ms. Cooper was placed on leave by her employer, Franklin Templeton, while the incident was being investigated. Ms. Cooper, who is not related to Mr. Cooper, heads insurance portfolio management at Franklin Templeton, according to her LinkedIn page, and graduated from the University of Chicago Booth School of Business.

On Tuesday afternoon, Franklin Templeton announced that she had been fired.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/26/nyregion/amy-cooper-dog-central-park.html

Quote:
Franklin Templeton
@FTI_US
Following our internal review of the incident in Central Park yesterday, we have made the decision to terminate the employee involved, effective immediately. We do not tolerate racism of any kind at Franklin Templeton.

https://twitter.com/FTI_US/status/1265348185201008641
Surfitall
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 12:03 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
Steve007 wrote:

Another example of smart phones being the greatest civil rights and self-defense invention of all time. No doubt in my mind this guy would be in a jail cell otherwise.

She knew exactly what she was doing when she breathlessly started screaming that he's threatening her. Imagine going to court and hearing that 911 call as testimony without the video.
SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 12:25 pm    Post subject:

DuncanIdaho wrote:
Quote:
Woman Is Fired After Calling Police on Black Man in Central Park

By evening, Ms. Cooper was placed on leave by her employer, Franklin Templeton, while the incident was being investigated. Ms. Cooper, who is not related to Mr. Cooper, heads insurance portfolio management at Franklin Templeton, according to her LinkedIn page, and graduated from the University of Chicago Booth School of Business.

On Tuesday afternoon, Franklin Templeton announced that she had been fired.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/26/nyregion/amy-cooper-dog-central-park.html

Quote:
Franklin Templeton
@FTI_US
Following our internal review of the incident in Central Park yesterday, we have made the decision to terminate the employee involved, effective immediately. We do not tolerate racism of any kind at Franklin Templeton.

https://twitter.com/FTI_US/status/1265348185201008641

Good. Lost her job and her dog. Outed for her racism and animal abuse. Hope she uses her upcoming alone time to reconsider her attitudes and actions.
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 12:49 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
vanexelent wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
vanexelent wrote:

His own words...

Quote:
Christian Cooper, according to his Facebook post, then told her: "Look, if you're going to do what you want, I'm going to do what I want, but you're not going to like it."

"I didn't know what that meant. When you're alone in a wooded area, that's absolutely terrifying, right?" Amy Cooper said.

Christian Cooper said he then pulled out dog treats. He told CNN he keeps dog treats with him to get dog owners to put their dogs on leashes because, in his experience, dog owners hate when a stranger feeds their dog treats and immediately restrain their dogs afterward
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 12:52 pm    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
vanexelent wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
vanexelent wrote:

His own words...

Quote:
Christian Cooper, according to his Facebook post, then told her: "Look, if you're going to do what you want, I'm going to do what I want, but you're not going to like it."

"I didn't know what that meant. When you're alone in a wooded area, that's absolutely terrifying, right?" Amy Cooper said.

Christian Cooper said he then pulled out dog treats. He told CNN he keeps dog treats with him to get dog owners to put their dogs on leashes because, in his experience, dog owners hate when a stranger feeds their dog treats and immediately restrain their dogs afterward

Still no connection between carrying dog treats and any kind of nefarious intent - unless of course you view following the rules as some kind of untoward expectation. Sounds like he simply wanted the dog on the leash and had a way that worked before.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 2:18 pm    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
vanexelent wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
vanexelent wrote:

His own words...

Quote:

Sounds like a genius, benign move to me. Dog gets a treat. Dog owner puts dog on a leash (which should have been the case already). Cooper gets what he wants without hurting anyone unless the person is insane and would be willing to escalate what should have been at worst a completely harmless interaction into calling the police and possibly getting a man killed by lying and claiming her life is being threatened by a black man.

Keep your dogs on a leash when there are leash laws. There are dog parks or other areas available to take your dogs if you want them to roam free. Public areas that have leash laws have people there who don’t want to deal with your dogs running around everywhere. I honestly don’t get why that’s so hard for people.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 3:13 pm    Post subject:

DuncanIdaho wrote:
Was wondering when this was going to show up here.

This woman is a vile racist and knew exactly what she was doing. The verbiage she used in her call was intended to get him arrested, or even worse -- killed by the police (I'm going to tell them an African American man is threatening me). She's already deleted her social media and her job has suspended her, and she, quite frankly, deserves everything she's getting with her life and reputation ruined.

Also, she choked the (bleep) out of her dog, and the shelter has already taken it back.

Glad to hear that last part, she has no business having a pet.
Surfitall
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 3:33 pm    Post subject:

I really hate when I go to a park where leashes are required and people don't have their dog on a leash. However, it's a little weird to have a confrontation about a dog not being on a leash and then offer that dog a treat. If it's after a confrontation, I could see owners being worried about them being some weirdo trying to poison their dogs.

None of this excuses her awful reaction though. Truly unreasonable and cruel.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 3:35 pm    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
vanexelent wrote:

Both of these people are deranged.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 3:56 pm    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
vanexelent wrote:

No, Karen is the one who wants to see a cop when confronted about having her dog off leash in an on leash area, or who would report a Black man with a dog on a leash.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 1 of 9
Jump to: