maomao wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
maomao wrote:
maomao wrote:
Also, I can say (bleep) Donald Trump.

(bleep) Donald Trump.

I hope Donald Trump dies even though death is too good for him.

Could I write the same in Macau about Xi Jinping?

say it online or say it in person in his face?

facebook, twitter and lakersground can be accessed in Macau, so I'm sure you can say what you want to say as if you're in the US.

look, I don't have that much info about the issues on the "camps" as I have not been there. I'm sure you just read it somewhere online as well.

But here are what I do know for a fact

1. there are Muslims and Mosques every where in China, but the so call "camps" are only in xingjiang. that wouldn't be the case if what you said is true.

2. The history and population of xingjiang is extremely complicated. Before the ccp take over the government there, there were warlords and violence committed daily for many years. There were terrorist's attacks happening frequenly in the 90s and 2000s. If what you said are true, then the ccp might as well just kill all those people, instead of wasting resources setting up "camps" right?

You're trying to justify concentration camps as not extermination camps.

okay fine, we will never get the point across regarding xingjiang with your view of innocent Muslims in concentration camp vs what I view as terrorist suspects in education camps.

The truth is probably some where in between, like innocent Muslims in education camps, or terrorist suspects in concentration camp. Pick whatever you what.

Whatever happens in xingjiang, is some how related to hong kong getting special treatment over Macau for not having national security law for so long, and for us to waste our hard earn tax dollars on funding hong kong politicians. I will let Macau people know when they ask me why.

Because under China's national security law the good folks in Hong Kong could be tried behind closed doors for organizing a protest against Xi's anti-Muslim concentration camps.

hahaha, based on your comments, you don't seem to know the "good folks" of HK at all. They hate and discriminate against the mainland chinese, you would wish think they care about the Muslims of china?

anyways, they never persecuted anyone in macau using the national security law in 11 years. The "good folks" of hk deserves every bit of the the same law the good folks of macau gets.

Do you think the folks of Hong Kong have problems with Xi Jinping and the PBSC more than they have issues with average folks on the mainland?

Anyway, you never answered my question: why does any Chinese citizen or Hong Kong or Macau or Tibet resident need to be subject to a national security law? Why not eradicate it everywhere within the sociopolitical Sinosphere?

I don't understand your first question, what is PBSC?

I'm not going to answer your second question, I hope you realized how racist and full of american exceptionalism that is.

you realized that we and almost every where have national security laws for many many years right? it's great to have it everywhere, except the sociopolitical sinosphere can't have it just because?

I'm ashamed to have you as an fellow american and lakers fan

1) Politburo Standing Committee

2) Answer the question
maomao
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 1:25 am    Post subject:

maomao wrote:
maomao wrote:
maomao wrote:
maomao wrote:
Also, I can say (bleep) Donald Trump.

(bleep) Donald Trump.

I hope Donald Trump dies even though death is too good for him.

Could I write the same in Macau about Xi Jinping?

say it online or say it in person in his face?

facebook, twitter and lakersground can be accessed in Macau, so I'm sure you can say what you want to say as if you're in the US.

look, I don't have that much info about the issues on the "camps" as I have not been there. I'm sure you just read it somewhere online as well.

But here are what I do know for a fact

1. there are Muslims and Mosques every where in China, but the so call "camps" are only in xingjiang. that wouldn't be the case if what you said is true.

2. The history and population of xingjiang is extremely complicated. Before the ccp take over the government there, there were warlords and violence committed daily for many years. There were terrorist's attacks happening frequenly in the 90s and 2000s. If what you said are true, then the ccp might as well just kill all those people, instead of wasting resources setting up "camps" right?

You're trying to justify concentration camps as not extermination camps.

okay fine, we will never get the point across regarding xingjiang with your view of innocent Muslims in concentration camp vs what I view as terrorist suspects in education camps.

The truth is probably some where in between, like innocent Muslims in education camps, or terrorist suspects in concentration camp. Pick whatever you what.

Whatever happens in xingjiang, is some how related to hong kong getting special treatment over Macau for not having national security law for so long, and for us to waste our hard earn tax dollars on funding hong kong politicians. I will let Macau people know when they ask me why.

Because under China's national security law the good folks in Hong Kong could be tried behind closed doors for organizing a protest against Xi's anti-Muslim concentration camps.

hahaha, based on your comments, you don't seem to know the "good folks" of HK at all. They hate and discriminate against the mainland chinese, you would wish think they care about the Muslims of china?

anyways, they never persecuted anyone in macau using the national security law in 11 years. The "good folks" of hk deserves every bit of the the same law the good folks of macau gets.

Do you think the folks of Hong Kong have problems with Xi Jinping and the PBSC more than they have issues with average folks on the mainland?

Anyway, you never answered my question: why does any Chinese citizen or Hong Kong or Macau or Tibet resident need to be subject to a national security law? Why not eradicate it everywhere within the sociopolitical Sinosphere?

I don't understand your first question, what is PBSC?

I'm not going to answer your second question, I hope you realized how racist and full of american exceptionalism that is.

you realized that we and almost every where have national security laws for many many years right? it's great to have it everywhere, except the sociopolitical sinosphere can't have it just because?

I'm ashamed to have you as an fellow american and lakers fan

1) Politburo Standing Committee

2) Answer the question

1. and what is that?

2. okay, I try
because America has the best national security laws so china wants to copy like everyone else
no, because america has it so we must first eradicate ours before the rest of the world can follow
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 7:31 am    Post subject:

1. Google it and then answer the easy question (if you feel like it) - do you think the people of Hong Kong have more problems with mainland Chinese or CCP leadership?

2. Do you think the Patriot Act - which is vile and should be overturned, anyway - is the same as China's national security law?
maomao
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 11:52 am    Post subject:

1. Google it and then answer the easy question (if you feel like it) - do you think the people of Hong Kong have more problems with mainland Chinese or CCP leadership?

2. Do you think the Patriot Act - which is vile and should be overturned, anyway - is the same as China's national security law?

1. mainland chinese

2. no, we have so many national security law. the most serious one is treason which has capital punishment. till this date, treason is perfectly legal in hk, that's why they need a national security law to change that.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 1:40 pm    Post subject:

maomao wrote:

1. mainland chinese

2. no, we have so many national security law. the most serious one is treason which has capital punishment. till this date, treason is perfectly legal in hk, that's why they need a national security law to change that.

See? Living here in the US, you're free to obfuscate and create some orthogonal "national security law" defense of why the Mainland government is in the process of removing the freedoms of the Hong Kong populace so they can bring it in line with their authoritarian undemocratic regime. Because you're not going to have to face those changes.
maomao
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 2:04 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
maomao wrote:

1. mainland chinese

See? Living here in the US, you're free to obfuscate and create some orthogonal "national security law" defense of why the Mainland government is in the process of removing the freedoms of the Hong Kong populace so they can bring it in line with their authoritarian undemocratic regime. Because you're not going to have to face those changes.

I don't quite understand your point?
well, I guess the what this bring that actually benefits us american is that we will spend less tax dollars funding the politicians in HK. whether that's good or bad depends on your political view.

I already mentioned, the hk people already have more freedom than us, I believe it's not right they have the right to commit treason while we and the rest of the world don't for so long. It's time to bring them in line with the rest of the world.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 2:23 pm    Post subject:

maomao wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
maomao wrote:

1. mainland chinese

well, I guess the what this bring that actually benefits us american is that we will spend less tax dollars funding the politicians in HK. whether that's good or bad depends on your political view.

I already mentioned, the hk people already have more freedom than us, I believe it's not right they have the right to commit treason while we and the rest of the world don't for so long. It's time to bring them in line with the rest of the world.

Yeah, again, none of us are buying this line of BS.
maomao
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 2:51 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
maomao wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
maomao wrote:

1. mainland chinese

Okay, I respect your opinion
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 2:54 pm    Post subject:

maomao wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
maomao wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
maomao wrote:

1. mainland chinese

Which bot farm do you work out of?
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 2:58 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
maomao wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
maomao wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
maomao wrote:

1. mainland chinese

He's either one of those wumaos that spout pro-chicom BS or one of those Americans who became naturalized citizens but still has loyal ties to China because of how powerful they've become in the past 20 years. In essence he uses those tools of the west like free speech to spout the CCP party line.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 3:05 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
maomao wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
maomao wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
maomao wrote:

1. mainland chinese

He's either one of those wumaos that spout pro-chicom BS or one of those Americans who became naturalized citizens but still has loyal ties to China because of how powerful they've become in the past 20 years. In essence he uses those tools of the west like free speech to spout the CCP party line.

Comeuppances come for everyone. I can't wait for the day companies start diverting to other countries like India or Vietnam. My gawd what a celebration it's going to be. Winnie can cry a river but it's coming and it's going to be glorious.
maomao
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 4:09 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:

Comeuppances come for everyone. I can't wait for the day companies start diverting to other countries like India or Vietnam. My gawd what a celebration it's going to be. Winnie can cry a river but it's coming and it's going to be glorious.

I hope you know what you're talking about, common american may think the only connection we have with china are the "made in china" products.

here are the american non-manufacturing brands that have made and currently making a huge among of money in china:

mcdonalds, starbucks, walmart, pizza hut, papa johns, burger king, subway, costco, coca cola, etc. there are a lot more, but these are just off top of my head.

do you go to these places?

do you know what is an whopper call in china? huabao, which means "chinese treasure"

how many "chinese treasure" did you had this week?
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 5:26 pm    Post subject:

We owe China about 1.9 trillion. What happens if we don't pay them? I think nothing. It's nothing but a paper trial.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
XTC
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 6:03 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
We owe China about 1.9 trillion. What happens if we don't pay them? I think nothing. It's nothing but a paper trial.

https://www.politico.com/newsletters/morning-money/2020/05/01/why-we-cant-cancel-us-debt-held-by-china-787277
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 6:26 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:

Short answer, US Bond yields would collapse and the worlds #2 foreign buyer of US federal treasury notes would buy a lot less of them at a time when the US has just floated some $4 trillionish of them. There would be no good outcome for anyone if the US CHOSE to not pay yields on a debt it issued. Since 2013, China has chosen to cut it's holdings of US treasury notes almost in half and is about 18 months away from gaining parity with the majority of other governments holdings @ about 65% (currently they are down to 79%and falling rapidly). With current economic conditions, it's a pretty fair bet that local and state governments would buy up the surpluses since they've an enourmous need for capital, but nobody can predict the long terms effects, but it would likely be choice between crushing and calamitous.

If you neighbor, and enemy, down the block had the fund he'd invested in one day just say "I'm not going to pay you what I agreed to pay you", and cancelled his investment; would your answer be to go out and seek to invest in that fund? Imagine you chose to take $9000 of you dollars and invested it with a fund that agreed to return your $9000 + $1000 for the loan you made them, and then 6 months later when it was time to return your $9000 + $1000 it had agreed and when you showed up to get your check they said "Sorry,we are not paying your $1000 and we are going to keep your $9000 as well." How would you react? How many others do you think are going to be nervous about doing business with that same entity?
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
maomao
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 6:30 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:

don't know, but apparently they don't want us to spend any more money in hk politics
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 8:24 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:

It doesn’t work that way. They can devalue our currency and credit in a heartbeat. Not to mention disrupting our supply chain.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 8:26 pm    Post subject:

maomao wrote:
jodeke wrote:

don't know, but apparently they don't want us to spend any more money in hk politics

Ok, the first sixteen times were your opinion, but now you’re just wallowing in propaganda trolling. Enough.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 9:24 pm    Post subject:

maomao wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:

I hope you know what you're talking about, common american may think the only connection we have with china are the "made in china" products.

here are the american non-manufacturing brands that have made and currently making a huge among of money in china:

mcdonalds, starbucks, walmart, pizza hut, papa johns, burger king, subway, costco, coca cola, etc. there are a lot more, but these are just off top of my head.

do you know what is an whopper call in china? huabao, which means "chinese treasure"

What a lame stream of consciousness. Ugh.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 10:01 pm    Post subject:

Kinda the point. Distract and derail.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 10:19 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
maomao wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Ok, the first sixteen times were your opinion, but now you’re just wallowing in propaganda trolling. Enough.

This is what he was referring to: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Endowment_for_Democracy

It's $22m since 2014.

Now you can make the case that the money there is on the side of the good, but what he's saying is technically accurate.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 10:32 pm    Post subject:

Feel free to re-post the link in the proper format. But to your point, the whole idea of whether foreign groups are funding elections in Hong Kong is completely beside the point of the PRC moving to end the freedom of dissent from the actual citizens of Hong Kong.
skin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 11:56 pm    Post subject:

maomao wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:

this guy can't be real
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 8:41 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
jodeke wrote:

It doesn’t work that way. They can devalue our currency and credit in a heartbeat. Not to mention disrupting our supply chain.

Thanks. I'm not versed on how the debt is weighed and connected. Your simple unencumbered answer makes sense.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 9:47 am    Post subject:

skin wrote:
maomao wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:

this guy can't be real

Oh, he's real. Fast food makes a killing overseas. Look on shelves in China's department stores, auto industry, TV etc. How much do you see "Made In America?"

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 5 of 8
Jump to: