PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2020 9:07 pm    Post subject:

I guess Gaethe is for real.. Pinata Tony.. yikes
Murdock
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2020 9:11 pm    Post subject:

ContagiousInspiration wrote:
I guess Gaethe is for real.. Pinata Tony.. yikes

Nurmagomedov's going to absolutely destroy him..
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2020 9:28 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
Damn, Tony got completely tuned up.

Agreed JB.

I thought it was a bad matchup for Tony going in because he eats so many shots! Dude has a vibranium chin

I wish he would have tried to somehow get the fight to the ground in the early stages. But Justin has really good wrestling so maybe that wasn’t even a strategy for tony
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2020 9:38 pm    Post subject:

Feel bad for Tony
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2020 9:42 pm    Post subject:

Good night of fights...I wonder if UFC is doing post-fight/event testing.

That would probably tell them if someone got infected by Jacare...I'm guessing they wouldnt want the risk of that bad publicity though.
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Looking outta the window, watching the asphalt grow ...

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2020 12:06 am    Post subject:

Okay, somebody please step up and shut me the eff up and destroy my less-than-casual take:

What was that dude’s plan? To retreat and lean back into the savage power of Ngonnu when the early charge inevitably came?

The TNT in the hands of the Predator is easily Top 5 all time, perhaps combat sport history but he’s still wildly swinging and with absolute recklessness. Meaning: if we’re looking for growth and development, as impressively dominant as he was, this wasn’t the night to showcase any of it. At all.

And the question still begs, if he could so easily be beset as he was after being drowned in the deep water of the Miocic lagoon, and turn in that gun shy stinker of a performance against Lewis, maybe a wait-and-see approach should be used this time around?

Please guys. @ me
OregonLakerGuy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2020 12:09 am    Post subject:

Tony didn't look right to me, but damn what a chin. Gaethje is a destroyer. Looking forward to the fight with Khabib.
Ngannou's power makes him look more like a comic book character than a normal human. Makes me appreciate Stipe even more.
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2020 12:10 am    Post subject:

Oh and my hook up site has yet to post anything beyond the Ngonnu v Heavy Bag in Reverse fight but it is a bummer to hear about Tony.

IMHO, dude should have NEVER taken that fight.

But now the pathway is clear. Gaethji/Khabib probably gets postponed and the rematch with McGregor leapfrogs it.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2020 12:24 pm    Post subject:

Gimme_the_rock wrote:
Okay, somebody please step up and shut me the eff up and destroy my less-than-casual take:

What was that dude’s plan? To retreat and lean back into the savage power of Ngonnu when the early charge inevitably came?

The TNT in the hands of the Predator is easily Top 5 all time, perhaps combat sport history but he’s still wildly swinging and with absolute recklessness. Meaning: if we’re looking for growth and development, as impressively dominant as he was, this wasn’t the night to showcase any of it. At all.

And the question still begs, if he could so easily be beset as he was after being drowned in the deep water of the Miocic lagoon, and turn in that gun shy stinker of a performance against Lewis, maybe a wait-and-see approach should be used this time around?

Please guys. @ me

No disagreements here GtR!

I think Francis has grown since the Stipe and Lewis fights, however like you said this fight did not show it.

Francis said before the fight that that guy only strikes and does not grapple which plays into his hands. So essentially he knew he could barrel in there like a wild man and get the job done.

Only way we’ll know if he’s grown is if he fights stipe again. No one else in the division has the skills to force Francis into a tough fight. DC is not crazy enough to risk it
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2020 1:24 pm    Post subject:

Gimme_the_rock wrote:

Please guys. @ me

If he was feeling the way I was while on my couch watching Francis charge forward, I'd say terror threw every plan out the window. Francis' wild barrage is so unorthodx but has so much power behind it that it can knock you out through your guard. I've rewatched Francis' knockout of Cain and to this day I can't see how he was able to generate enough power to flash KO Cain like that.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2020 1:26 pm    Post subject:

OregonLakerGuy wrote:
Tony didn't look right to me, but damn what a chin. Gaethje is a destroyer. Looking forward to the fight with Khabib.
Ngannou's power makes him look more like a comic book character than a normal human. Makes me appreciate Stipe even more.

Before the fight, it was pretty much agreed upon that Tony gets hit...early and often. Gotta give it up to Justin though, the guy's really putting it all together. What a pair of hands that guy has.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2020 4:30 pm    Post subject:

Dude.... So last night I got to watch Anthony Smith sadly have a HORRIBLE corner and him being too macho for his own good

He got ROCKED with an intentional left uppercut to his nuts
His competitor was losing imho and nailed Smith intentionally in the nuts... Smith should have ended the fight right there... So mad at him for this... He was Never the same after that

When keeping it real goes wrong.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2020 7:31 am    Post subject:

For some reason MMA corners never throw in the towel smh
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2020 1:26 pm    Post subject:

Dude.... So last night I got to watch Anthony Smith sadly have a HORRIBLE corner and him being too macho for his own good

His competitor was losing imho and nailed Smith intentionally in the nuts... Smith should have ended the fight right there... So mad at him for this... He was Never the same after that

Remember his fight with Jon? He got kneed while he was down and was well within his right to accept the DQ against Jon. He decided to continue going on in that fight as well and tbh, 99.9999999999999999999% of the promotion would have taken the DQ victory. A fighter's purse increases exponentially if he has the belt...Smith cost himself a TON of money just to man up and fight. I respect it in some ways but if I was on his team, I'd tell him to take the bag.
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2020 10:26 pm    Post subject:

Anyone else feeling like the refs are struggling without the cues of the crowd, to know when to stop a fight? Felt that way about Smith/Teixeira and after watching the clip of Harris putting it on Reem, I started to formulate that opinion. Heard Reem came back and won, which is crazy, but I’d honestly have stopped that.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2020 12:21 am    Post subject:

Gimme_the_rock wrote:
Anyone else feeling like the refs are struggling without the cues of the crowd, to know when to stop a fight? Felt that way about Smith/Teixeira and after watching the clip of Harris putting it on Reem, I started to formulate that opinion. Heard Reem came back and won, which is crazy, but I’d honestly have stopped that.

That definitely makes sense. With that said, Anthony Smith needs to fire his corner. Chael's rant summarized it perfectly. What on earth were they thinking?
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2020 5:37 am    Post subject:

Am I being biased when I say the Nut shot taken by Smith is what caused much of this?

I am tripping more hasn't been made of this or Gifs made.. Clean precise intentional left uppercut to the jewels and Smith was rocked... yet chose to keep going. You could see he felt it was intentional or very (bleep) suspicious

I think it was a really bad decision to fight after that.
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2020 7:44 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
Gimme_the_rock wrote:

That definitely makes sense. With that said, Anthony Smith needs to fire his corner. Chael's rant summarized it perfectly. What on earth were they thinking?

Raquel Pennington’s corner was even aghast. Mario Yamasaki was like, “Thar shoulda been stopped!” Baghdad Bob was like, “Even I’d have trouble spinning that corner’s behavior,” you get the point.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2020 7:53 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:

Remember his fight with Jon? He got kneed while he was down and was well within his right to accept the DQ against Jon. He decided to continue going on in that fight as well and tbh, 99.9999999999999999999% of the promotion would have taken the DQ victory. A fighter's purse increases exponentially if he has the belt...Smith cost himself a TON of money just to man up and fight. I respect it in some ways but if I was on his team, I'd tell him to take the bag.

I forgot about that. I am remembering now... Whole world would have been different.. That is a sad hindsight to be the owner of.. He could have been holding the belt?
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2020 8:22 pm    Post subject:

Best shot I could find. Live there was a shot from below them that shows the connection.. it was brutal

Does this look intentional? His head looks down at the target before he powers the swing.. Notice how LOW he drops the arm.. where is the trajectory?

YouTube link
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2020 10:46 am    Post subject:

I’m sad but I think Woodley is cooked and it’s time to retire.

38 is pretty old in professional sports

The only other top ranked contender to look this bad in back to back fights in recent memory was Ngannou but there are several key differences.

1) Ngannou didn’t look THIS bad. He was outclassed vs Stipe but he fought hard
2) He was on the upstart of his career not the back end
3) He is not a counter striker, he advances the action which at least gives him a chance to turn the tide in a fight

Woodley prob wants to still make the fight checks but the killer instinct looks gone to me. It’s sad because his chin and jits are still there. But 10 straight rounds of backing up and waiting to counter is ridiculous. He should get back in the announcement booth and make money there tbh.

This is the first time a fighter I’ve followed has had a steep decline. Sorry for the rant y’all lol
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:38 am    Post subject:

22 wrote:

The only other top ranked contender to look this bad in back to back fights in recent memory was Ngannou but there are several key differences.

3) He is not a counter striker, he advances the action which at least gives him a chance to turn the tide in a fight

Woodley prob wants to still make the fight checks but the killer instinct looks gone to me. It’s sad because his chin and jits are still there. But 10 straight rounds of backing up and waiting to counter is ridiculous. He should get back in the announcement booth and make money there tbh.

This is the first time a fighter I’ve followed has had a steep decline. Sorry for the rant y’all lol

Yeah, he's done. Woodley does great if someone is willing to open up to allows him to counter back with a huge shot. He's like that Street Fighter player that sits in the corner and blocks the entire time and wonders why the crowd is booing him. Rory already had the blueprint to beating Woodley. Pressuring him against the cage and it's a wrap. He breaks. Usman and now Burns both followed the plan to a T. I'm sure Burns being teammates with Usman helped tremendously.

Woodley's doing albums and being a regular on TMZ sports. I'm not sure his head was in the game for awhile now. Can't be half in and half out with a sport where your opponent is looking for a way to kill you (figuratively).
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2020 6:32 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
22 wrote:

Yeah, he's done. Woodley does great if someone is willing to open up to allows him to counter back with a huge shot. He's like that Street Fighter player that sits in the corner and blocks the entire time and wonders why the crowd is booing him. Rory already had the blueprint to beating Woodley. Pressuring him against the cage and it's a wrap. He breaks. Usman and now Burns both followed the plan to a T. I'm sure Burns being teammates with Usman helped tremendously.

Woodley's doing albums and being a regular on TMZ sports. I'm not sure his head was in the game for awhile now. Can't be half in and half out with a sport where your opponent is looking for a way to kill you (figuratively).

You ain’t Neva lied JB!!

How’s the restaurant business man? Can’t be easy with the virus and now these riots and curfews everywhere
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2020 7:35 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
22 wrote:

You ain’t Neva lied JB!!

How’s the restaurant business man? Can’t be easy with the virus and now these riots and curfews everywhere

Hanging in there bro. We are VERY fortunate that our business was around 2/3 of our business. Just hit a speed bump when our dumb ass landlord decided to fumigate the building after we reopened so we had to close a 2nd time. Guy had 2 weeks to do it when we closed the first time...Anyways the local community has been incredibly supportive. Yesterday was INSANE. Once the alert for the curfew in Costa Mesa hit everyone's phones, we were slammed for 3 hours.

Stay safe bud. Things are insane. What a year.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:45 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
22 wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
22 wrote:

You ain’t Neva lied JB!!

Hanging in there bro. We are VERY fortunate that our business was around 2/3 of our business. Just hit a speed bump when our dumb ass landlord decided to fumigate the building after we reopened so we had to close a 2nd time. Guy had 2 weeks to do it when we closed the first time...Anyways the local community has been incredibly supportive. Yesterday was INSANE. Once the alert for the curfew in Costa Mesa hit everyone's phones, we were slammed for 3 hours.

Stay safe bud. Things are insane. What a year.

Every restaurant in my area was like that today too! They put curfews in a few places in the IE today. Myself included I waited 40 minutes in the Wendy’s drive through lol.

I hope y’all super busy again tomorrow too!!🙌🏾🙌🏾🙌🏾
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 491, 492, 493 ... 497, 498, 499  Next
Page 492 of 499
Jump to: