Official ANTHONY DAVIS Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 936, 937, 938 ... 1423, 1424, 1425  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NBALakerLegends
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 10:12 pm    Post subject:

leor_77 wrote:
Yeah - selling the house was kinda a surprise when I saw it, but maybe he's just trying to pile up cash / reduce expenses, not knowing when the NBA will be back.

He currently rents a house in Bel-Air for 50k a month. He may be looking to buy somewhere closer to Staples and the practice facility versus Westlake. Listing data is made public for buyers.
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 3:10 am    Post subject:

Lets not overreact. He got a taste of how this franchise operates, he got use to winning (which his fingerprints were all over it), he saw the tradition, and he saw how our fans treat their stars. He is not going anywhere.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 9:15 am    Post subject:

I'm not taking anything for granted until Davis actually puts pen to paper and makes it official.

Easy to make arguments either way for him to stay or go. Hard to determine which will be Davis' decision. I do know that I don't think it is as much a given as some.

As for the house. Lots of reasons to sell a house that have nothing to do with him leaving or staying. In reality, I'm assuming this is a great time to buy a luxury estate in L.A. Isn't real estate down in most areas? He might of found a bargain.
AD23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 9:17 am    Post subject:

AD is gone. Didn’t u see Tom Brady?

LBJ and the org treats AD like crap. Don’t blame him.
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 10:08 am    Post subject:

AD leaving is fake news just like we heard that nobody wanted to play for the Lakers.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 10:32 am    Post subject:

leor_77 wrote:
Yeah - selling the house was kinda a surprise when I saw it, but maybe he's just trying to pile up cash / reduce expenses, not knowing when the NBA will be back.

Yes, I don’t believe that selling his house tells us anything other than he will be changing residences. More important might be a significant drop in the cap, will be re-sign, extend or option in.
ericp6387
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 2:42 am    Post subject:

I'm confident he'll resign but with all this downtime I guess Riley and Miami with a pretty good young team in Miami make me nervous. We know what he is capable of in free agency....
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 7:19 am    Post subject:

ericp6387 wrote:
I'm confident he'll resign but with all this downtime I guess Riley and Miami with a pretty good young team in Miami make me nervous. We know what he is capable of in free agency....

The aspect of other teams already having players in place is one of things the Lakers can’t match. That has to be a concern.

Davis has to put a lot of faith in the abilities of the FO to rebuild the roster over the next couple years. There is an expiration date on the James we saw. The rest of the team are short term solutions at best.

Even as we were enjoying the potential “all in”playoff run, how much discussion was taking place on what roster changes needed to be made. This team has little roster stability and no end to that in the next few seasons IMO.

Davis may love all the intangibles of the Lakers but from a roster standpoint we are expecting him to make a huge leap of a faith signing even a couple year contract. He has a difficult career choice to make.
ericp6387
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 2:27 pm    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
ericp6387 wrote:

The aspect of other teams already having players in place is one of things the Lakers can’t match. That has to be a concern.

Davis has to put a lot of faith in the abilities of the FO to rebuild the roster over the next couple years. There is an expiration date on the James we saw. The rest of the team are short term solutions at best.

Even as we were enjoying the potential “all in”playoff run, how much discussion was taking place on what roster changes needed to be made. This team has little roster stability and no end to that in the next few seasons IMO.

Davis may love all the intangibles of the Lakers but from a roster standpoint we are expecting him to make a huge leap of a faith signing even a couple year contract. He has a difficult career choice to make.

I don't think it is some huge leap of faith for AD if he decides to stay. LeBron has probably 3 excellent years left. At that point, AD is hopefully still there with the ability to bring in free agents. He'll only be 31 at that point. i like the Heat but are they really in better shape than us even if you leave AD out? Not sure. I still think we are in the driver's seat but yes Miami has me a bit concerned.
KOBE WAN
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 10:14 pm    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/rdambition_/status/1252027752032563200?s=21
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 10:39 pm    Post subject:

Unless AD feels like LeBron and the Lakers org has disrespected him, and he doesn't care about winning, I don't see anywhere he can go in free agency this offseason that would be better than the Lakers and could pay him the money he deserves.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 4:31 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
leor_77 wrote:

Yes, I don’t believe that selling his house tells us anything other than he will be changing residences. More important might be a significant drop in the cap, will be re-sign, extend or option in.

Rachel Nichols reported that it’s because that isn’t even the house he’s living in here because it’s too far from the training center, Staples, etc. Which it is - I was surprised to read he had a house clear the heck out in Westlake Village. ‪I didn’t even think about him leaving when I read he sold the house. People with money buy/sell property all the time so...‬
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 5:32 pm    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
leor_77 wrote:

Rachel Nichols reported that it’s because that isn’t even the house he’s living in here because it’s too far from the training center, Staples, etc. Which it is - I was surprised to read he had a house clear the heck out in Westlake Village. ‪I didn’t even think about him leaving when I read he sold the house. People with money buy/sell property all the time so...‬

Especially in LA.. So many athletes across all sports have houses there whether they play locally or across the country. As Laker fans we should all know this by now. I get why it's a news worthy story especially with nothing else going on right now but it means nothing as far as him resigning or not imo.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 5:53 pm    Post subject:

I was worried the haitus was gonna make Davis consider leaving but it looks like him staying is a done deal which is a huge sigh of relief, I’m super excited that we are gonna have him for the next several years because he is damn good.
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:56 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
I was worried the haitus was gonna make Davis consider leaving but it looks like him staying is a done deal which is a huge sigh of relief, I’m super excited that we are gonna have him for the next several years because he is damn good.

I thought the complete opposite. The hiatus, if it had to come, came at the perfect time for us. It was a blessing. Everything ended at that point on as good a note as we could want. Actually, after beating Milwaukee & the other team across the hall, it ended on a great note.

Consider these points. Mediate upon them, because they're the basis of the fact why he ain't going nowhere.

1. They were winning. No further explanation needed.

2.He and James hit it off immediately. Very, very similar to the instant chemistry Kobe & Pau had right after the trade.

3. Who is he going to pair with that's better than James, who, by every metric is performing as well as a player can?

Not for his age, but playing great period. LeBron still has that "he's playing great for his age" stage to go, maybe in about 2 years.we'll see.

4. We can pay him the most money!!!! That's a fact. One other vital fact: he gave up 4mil to come here.

Look at point 1 & 4 together. Frankly, he would be foolish to leave.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 2:55 pm    Post subject:

I have to disagree with point 3, there are young stars that could form a much longer duo than Lebron. He might have another good year or two or he might not. Luka and AD? That would scare me, though I am not sure that Dallas could get AD.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:18 pm    Post subject:

LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

I thought the complete opposite. The hiatus, if it had to come, came at the perfect time for us. It was a blessing. Everything ended at that point on as good a note as we could want. Actually, after beating Milwaukee & the other team across the hall, it ended on a great note.

Consider these points. Mediate upon them, because they're the basis of the fact why he ain't going nowhere.

1. They were winning. No further explanation needed.

2.He and James hit it off immediately. Very, very similar to the instant chemistry Kobe & Pau had right after the trade.

3. Who is he going to pair with that's better than James, who, by every metric is performing as well as a player can?

Not for his age, but playing great period. LeBron still has that "he's playing great for his age" stage to go, maybe in about 2 years.we'll see.

4. We can pay him the most money!!!! That's a fact. One other vital fact: he gave up 4mil to come here.

Look at point 1 & 4 together. Frankly, he would be foolish to leave.

AD has lots of options. He could sign here long term. Sign a 1-1 with the second year being an option. Go somewhere else.

The guy already has another money for the rest of his life. So I won't pretend to peer into his soul and know what is important to him.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:47 pm    Post subject:

It might be in his best interests to sign an extension, depending on if the cap drops or not.
ericp6387
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 6:44 pm    Post subject:

Until he signs the extension, I'm nervous about him leaving. Ain't no other way to say it.
ReaListik
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:57 pm    Post subject:

Hopefully he re-signs
1hu2ren3dui4
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2020 11:53 am    Post subject:

Didn’t know he lived in wlv. He’s practically a neighbor over here.

Would love to quarantined in his pad.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.realtor.com/news/celebrity-real-estate/lakers-anthony-davis-lists-westlake-village-home.amp/

Wonder where he is moving to if not there.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2020 1:35 pm    Post subject:

AD23 wrote:
AD is gone. Didn’t u see Tom Brady?

LBJ and the org treats AD like crap. Don’t blame him.

Are you being facetious because if not, that's complete horse-(bleep).
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 6:27 pm    Post subject:

ericp6387 wrote:
Until he signs the extension, I'm nervous about him leaving. Ain't no other way to say it.

You have nothing to worry about.
scout0_0
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 9:20 pm    Post subject:

I think he will do a 1+1
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 8:41 am    Post subject:

scout0_0 wrote:
I think he will do a 1+1

That would be the worst decision he can make. He would be a FA with 9 years service which would gain him nothing. A 2+1 would put him at 10 years and 35% of the cap.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 936, 937, 938 ... 1423, 1424, 1425  Next
Page 937 of 1425
Jump to: