THE Political Thread (ALL Political Discussion Here - See Rules, P. 1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2185, 2186, 2187 ... 3661, 3662, 3663  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:33 pm    Post subject:

Biden town hall in 1 minute.

EDIT: It's on!!!

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:47 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:

Let us know when it's over.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:57 pm    Post subject:

ribeye wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Let us know when it's over.

If you're listening you'll know.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
hoopschick29
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:01 pm    Post subject:

The Berns are having a collective tantrum right now. My recommendation to the 'See the Big Picture' Dems right now...stand down. Let them have their tantrum. Don't even engage. Let them cry, spit, and pound their fists into the sand for the next 2-3 months. Maybe, just maybe after they blow their load, enough of them will put on a stiff upper lip and join the 'See the Big Picture' Dems. No guarantees, but there is nothing to gained from engaging with them right now. They're too angry about not getting their way.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:07 pm    Post subject:

hoopschick29 wrote:
The Berns are having a collective tantrum right now. My recommendation to the 'See the Big Picture' Dems right now...stand down. Let them have their tantrum. Don't even engage. Let them cry, spit, and pound their fists into the sand for the next 2-3 months. Maybe, just maybe after they blow their load, enough of them will put on a stiff upper lip and join the 'See the Big Picture' Dems. No guarantees, but there is nothing to gained from engaging with them right now. They're too angry about not getting their way.

Concerning The Berns. I've asked myself how many are Bots? It's a forum that can be hacked and used. Reasonable people should be able to filter.

hoopschick29
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:19 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
hoopschick29 wrote:

Concerning The Berns. I've asked myself how many are Bots? It's a forum that can be hacked and used. Reasonable people should be able to filter.

If you think they're BOTS (which is very possible), it's even MORE important to show restraint and not go down their tantrum rabbit hole. This is a time to focus on what's ahead. When the rubber meets the road in November, the Berns will have a basic fundamental decision to make that will affect their lives for the next 50 years. I will only say to them as Confuscios said centuries ago - 'When seeking revenge, you should dig 2 graves.'
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:32 pm    Post subject:

hoopschick29 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
hoopschick29 wrote:

If you think they're BOTS (which is very possible), it's even MORE important to show restraint and not go down their tantrum rabbit hole. This is a time to focus on what's ahead. When the rubber meets the road in November, the Berns will have a basic fundamental decision to make that will affect their lives for the next 50 years. I will only say to them as Confuscios said centuries ago - 'When seeking revenge, you should dig 2 graves.'

Not all. Reasonable people should be able to filter. Frank Sinatra: Accentuate the positive. Eiminate the negative. Latch on to the affirmative. Don't mess with Mr. In-Between

Trump doing a presser. Time for the Boomerang channel.

Omar Little

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:36 pm    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:
I've known that Wisconsin had a gerrymandered legislature, but I never actually checked the numbers until today.

The Democrats won the popular vote in the Assembly by 200,000 in 2018, which is a really big margin in a state the size of Wisconsin. But the Republicans have 63 seats while the Democrats have only 36 seats in the Assembly. They lost the popular vote by 8 percent, but the Republicans have an almost 2 to 1 advantage in seats!

Of course, having a conservative majority on the Wisconsin Supreme Court will guarantee that the extreme gerrymandering is kept, which is why they wanted to make sure that election took place yesterday.

Not only that, but like North Carolina, when they lost the governor race, the lame duck assembly passed laws stripping powers from the governor.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:47 pm    Post subject:

hoopschick29 wrote:

Yep. Let the toddlers throw their tantrums until they cry themselves to sleep.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 3:11 pm    Post subject:

ribeye wrote:
That woman who ruined Monica Lewinsky's life, at least for some extended period, has died. She'll be missed by her friends and family, and Republicans for her dirty deeds.

Linda Tripp. Hated what she did and she was vile for lacking the empathy to do that, but I wouldn't even wish pancreatic cancer on her, but that's apparently the cause. Hard way to exit the earth.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 3:17 pm    Post subject:

hoopschick29 wrote:

"Hey, you! You know how I told you for months and months about how Biden was a reanimated corpse who wasn't going to win and that Bernie's revolution was coming and then Bernie underperformed his 2016 results against a weaker candidate in Joe Biden? Well, let me tell you I know that Biden is going to lose in the general while Bernie would've won!

Also, stop talking about leftist campaigns, you don't know anything."
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 3:23 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Biden and Sanders spoke midday on Wednesday, according to a source familiar with the conversation. According to multiple sources involved in the process, Sanders' team has been coordinating extensively with the Biden camp since early March, especially once the former VP took a more significant delegate lead following Michigan's March 10 primary. Former President Barack Obama was part of those discussions, and he has spoken with both Biden and Sanders multiple times in the past month.

NBC News

For better or worse depending on your perspective, Bernie's always bern a better politician than his stronfest supporters and detractors usually give him credit for. Also, I'm biting my lip on 2016.

Last edited by Baron Von Humongous on Wed Apr 08, 2020 3:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 3:24 pm    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
ribeye wrote:
That woman who ruined Monica Lewinsky's life, at least for some extended period, has died. She'll be missed by her friends and family, and Republicans for her dirty deeds.

Linda Tripp. Hated what she did and she was vile for lacking the empathy to do that, but I wouldn't even wish pancreatic cancer on her, but that's apparently the cause. Hard way to exit the earth.

Eh, Karma's a (bleep).
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 3:27 pm    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
ribeye wrote:

May she RIP. She was briefly a small, but meaningful cog in a gross affair and I have no knowledge of her life before or after that I event, so I hope she had many better moments therein.
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:02 pm    Post subject:

hoopschick29 wrote:

I went over to Shaun King's facebook page, and he said that Biden has to EARN the votes of Bernie's supporters and he has to WOO them. I guess that's the next talking point as I've heard that from many people on social media. I'm pretty sure Biden's surrogates wouldn't be using that language had Bernie been the presumptive nominee. They'd simply tell people to vote for Bernie. Period. Fortunately, there was a lot of pushback in the comments.

If the choice is between authoritarianism and saving our democracy, and you have to be "wooed" by a candidate that the latter is the right way to go, I rather work on attracting more reliable voting blocs.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:05 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
Quote:
Biden and Sanders spoke midday on Wednesday, according to a source familiar with the conversation. According to multiple sources involved in the process, Sanders' team has been coordinating extensively with the Biden camp since early March, especially once the former VP took a more significant delegate lead following Michigan's March 10 primary. Former President Barack Obama was part of those discussions, and he has spoken with both Biden and Sanders multiple times in the past month.

NBC News

For better or worse depending on your perspective, Bernie's always bern a better politician than his stronfest supporters and detractors usually give him credit for. Also, I'm biting my lip on 2016.

Thanks, Obama.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:11 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
Quote:

NBC News

Thanks, Obama.

Two primaries in a row.
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:19 pm    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:
hoopschick29 wrote:

I went over to Shaun King's facebook page, and he said that Biden has to EARN the votes of Bernie's supporters and he has to WOO them. I guess that's the next talking point as I've heard that from many people on social media. I'm pretty sure Biden's surrogates wouldn't be using that language had Bernie been the presumptive nominee. They'd simply tell people to vote for Bernie. Period. Fortunately, there was a lot of pushback in the comments.

If the choice is between authoritarianism and saving our democracy, and you have to be "wooed" by a candidate that the latter is the right way to go, I rather work on attracting more reliable voting blocs.

Preferably one that actually votes.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:21 pm    Post subject:

hoopschick29 wrote:

"Hey, you! You know how I told you for months and months about how Biden was a reanimated corpse who wasn't going to win and that Bernie's revolution was coming and then Bernie underperformed his 2016 results against a weaker candidate in Joe Biden? Well, let me tell you I know that Biden is going to lose in the general while Bernie would've won!

Also, stop talking about leftist campaigns, you don't know anything."

LINK

Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:32 pm    Post subject:

Jeet is better with an editor, but this is crazily ahistorical from a national politics pundit, so much so that it feels like it fits in with all dumb national pundits irrespective of ideology:
Quote:
Jeet Heer
@HeerJeet
3. Here is the reality of the generational divide: Americans over 45 or 50 grew up in a country that had many flaws but basically worked. The racism, misogyny, homophobia were there and had to be fought but on a basic economic level the country provided jobs & pensions.

https://twitter.com/HeerJeet/status/1247943377548537858
hoopschick29
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:35 pm    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:
Wilt wrote:
hoopschick29 wrote:

Having to be 'wooed' into saving your democracy...imagine that.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:49 pm    Post subject:

hoopschick29 wrote:
Cutheon wrote:
Wilt wrote:
hoopschick29 wrote:

Having to be 'wooed' into saving your democracy...imagine that.

As I have said for awhile now, the hardcore Berners don't really care about progressive policy and they sure as hell don't care democracy or the nation. They just care about getting their way. Which explains why people like Rogan say they'll vote for Trump before they vote for Biden . . . they're the same kind of vermin that Trump is just on a different branch of the horseshoe.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:52 pm    Post subject:

You shouldn't look up Walker Bragman's Twitter account, but the dude is listing all the reasons the left feels Biden is a terrible candidate and within the same sentence pivots from, "...he's an accused rapist, and he supports free trade deals."
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:54 pm    Post subject:

In the same day that both Bernie Sanders' campaign is murdered and Linda Tripp dies, I now believe that Hillary Clinton killed Vince Foster.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:06 pm    Post subject:

Lastly, Democratic party voters like Biden and Bernie and they should livestream their Zoom discussions.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2185, 2186, 2187 ... 3661, 3662, 3663  Next
Page 2186 of 3663
Jump to: