THE Political Thread (ALL Political Discussion Here - See Rules, P. 1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2164, 2165, 2166 ... 3669, 3670, 3671  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:08 pm    Post subject:

I'm of the school Bernie should quit the campaign and get behind Joe. The way Trump is using the media is shades of 2016.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:35 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
Also today, the POS-In-Chief said maybe the reason NY hospitals are short on masks is because people are walking out the back door with them. He was accusing overworked underprotected nurses and doctors of stealing their own supplies. Whoever looks at this piece of garbage human being and thinks "yeah, I'm voting for him again" is as completely lacking in morals as he is. This far in there's no excuse.

People in NY (and others) are extremely upset with this comment. Several people have noted that this is how a crook thinks. Since that's what *he would do* -- steal and profit off someone else's misery -- he thinks that what *others* would do.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:41 am    Post subject:

Trump double-downed on Fox News last night. I hope a reporter holds up his phone and plays back Trump's words to him during today's press conference:

Quote:
Jackson Proskow @JProskowGlobal

Trump is on Fox News right now. He says he thinks New York will be “fine” “based on the numbers” and won’t need all the ventilators they’ve asked for. “After this is over they’ll be selling them for a dollar a piece” he says.

New York DOES NOT have all the ventilators it needs, or enough masks or anything else. He talks like a mob boss. In the middle of thousands of people dying, the entire country on lock down, overworked medical professionals, he thinks about overstocks and taking a bath on having to sell for cheap. That's the way a grifter thinks. (bleep) him.

And he started the "interview" by blaming it all on Obama for not stockpiling items. (bleep) him.
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 6:01 am    Post subject:

Make China Great Again

Thanks Donald!

Quote:
Concerns about a dwindling supply of PPE are not new. Back on February 7, the World Health Organization sounded alarm bells about "the limited stock of PPE," noting demand was 100 times higher than normal for this equipment.

Yet the same day as the WHO warning, the Trump administration announced that it was transporting to China nearly 17.8 tons (more than 35,000 pounds) of "masks, gowns, gauze, respirators, and other vital materials." [Emphasis mine]

If he didn't have bad leadership, he'd have no leadership at all.
paymonM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:27 am    Post subject:

the question is how do you bring people to the voting booth in Nov when this virus returns, assuming ofcourse it drops off during the summer.

The irony is I bet Trump will be totally onboard for shutting down the government in Nov just to prolong his presidency.
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:46 am    Post subject:

paymonM wrote:
the question is how do you bring people to the voting booth in Nov when this virus returns, assuming ofcourse it drops off during the summer.

The irony is I bet Trump will be totally onboard for shutting down the government in Nov just to prolong his presidency.

He really can't, unless he defied the expressed words of the constitution. What could happen though, is that the state's, individually, change how they determine who will be their electors. Instead of this being a reflection of the will of the voters, it could be anything, such as the will of corrupt Republicans state legislators, who will do anything and everything to stay in power. Since there are more red states . . .
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:08 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
Trump double-downed on Fox News last night. I hope a reporter holds up his phone and plays back Trump's words to him during today's press conference:

Quote:

Trump is on Fox News right now. He says he thinks New York will be “fine” “based on the numbers” and won’t need all the ventilators they’ve asked for. “After this is over they’ll be selling them for a dollar a piece” he says.

New York DOES NOT have all the ventilators it needs, or enough masks or anything else. He talks like a mob boss. In the middle of thousands of people dying, the entire country on lock down, overworked medical professionals, he thinks about overstocks and taking a bath on having to sell for cheap. That's the way a grifter thinks. (bleep) him.

And he started the "interview" by blaming it all on Obama for not stockpiling items. (bleep) him.

He's treating New York just like he treated Puerto Rico after Hurricane Maria.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:39 am    Post subject:

Well, Orban and the Fidesz party have abandoned all pretense and have seized on the coronavirus pandemic to entrench him as Hungary's dictator for the foreseeable future. Former Italian PM Matteo Renzi and others are calling for Hungary to be expelled from the EU.

NBC News via AP

We really don't need a replay of WWI right now.
trmiv
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:58 am    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
Well, Orban and the Fidesz party have abandoned all pretense and have seized on the coronavirus pandemic to entrench him as Hungary's dictator for the foreseeable future. Former Italian PM Matteo Renzi and others are calling for Hungary to be expelled from the EU.

NBC News via AP

“I like what they’re doing in Hungary. Orban is a great guy. Great guy. Maybe we’ll try that here soon. Maybe maybe not. We’ll see.”

-Trump probably at his evening Coronavirus rally.
SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 10:00 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
Also today, the POS-In-Chief said maybe the reason NY hospitals are short on masks is because people are walking out the back door with them. He was accusing overworked underprotected nurses and doctors of stealing their own supplies. Whoever looks at this piece of garbage human being and thinks "yeah, I'm voting for him again" is as completely lacking in morals as he is. This far in there's no excuse.

People in NY (and others) are extremely upset with this comment. Several people have noted that this is how a crook thinks. Since that's what *he would do* -- steal and profit off someone else's misery -- he thinks that what *others* would do.

Exactly, he is projecting again. Scumbag.
SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 10:02 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

Quote:

He's treating New York just like he treated Puerto Rico after Hurricane Maria.

Of course he is, he's a POS and never was held accountable for what he did to PR.
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 10:54 am    Post subject:

From the CV thread

ribeye wrote:
kikanga wrote:
Quote:
Speaking in the White House Rose Garden, the US president claimed that, if his administration keeps the death toll to 100,000, it will have done “a very good job”

https://tinyurl.com/rbyyhar

I think I'd feel better if he just didn't say anything and let the medical professionals talk.

He will indeed take credit if the numbers are lower than expected. Then again, he will blame Obama, the press, and liberals if they are higher.

The crackpot whose 'scientific study' informed the administration's [not do enough] pandemic response

Quote:
Epstein, a professor at New York University School of Law, published the article on the Web site of the Hoover Institution, on March 16th. In it, he questioned the World Health Organization’s decision to declare the coronavirus outbreak a pandemic, said that “public officials have gone overboard,” and suggested that about five hundred people would die from COVID-19 in the U.S. Epstein later updated his estimate to five thousand, saying that the previous number had been an error.

So, I'd say Trump can take credit if the numbers are lower than this (updated from 500 to) 5000 right wing Hoover estimate.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:12 am    Post subject:

trmiv wrote:

NBC News via AP

“I like what they’re doing in Hungary. Orban is a great guy. Great guy. Maybe we’ll try that here soon. Maybe maybe not. We’ll see.”

-Trump probably at his evening Coronavirus rally.

Exactly
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 12:02 pm    Post subject:

NBC News via AP

Authoritarian strongmen popular in a time of crisis, I'm shocked (reads more Cuomo presidential fanfic).
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 12:14 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:

NBC News via AP

Authoritarian strongmen popular in a time of crisis, I'm shocked (reads more Cuomo presidential fanfic).

Viktor Mihály Orbán (Hungarian: [ˈviktor ˈorbaːn]; born 31 May 1963) is a Hungarian politician who has been Prime Minister of Hungary since 2010; he was also Prime Minister from 1998 to 2002. He has also been President of Fidesz, a national conservative political party, since 1993, with a brief break between 2000 and 2003.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 12:19 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:

NBC News via AP

Viktor Mihály Orbán (Hungarian: [ˈviktor ˈorbaːn]; born 31 May 1963) is a Hungarian politician who has been Prime Minister of Hungary since 2010; he was also Prime Minister from 1998 to 2002. He has also been President of Fidesz, a national conservative political party, since 1993, with a brief break between 2000 and 2003.

Did he get back safely from his trip to Israel?

Biden is Jesse Jackson compared to Cuomo, btw. That woman is a brazen liar.
Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:15 pm    Post subject:

ribeye wrote:
Make China Great Again

Thanks Donald!

Quote:
Concerns about a dwindling supply of PPE are not new. Back on February 7, the World Health Organization sounded alarm bells about "the limited stock of PPE," noting demand was 100 times higher than normal for this equipment.

Yet the same day as the WHO warning, the Trump administration announced that it was transporting to China nearly 17.8 tons (more than 35,000 pounds) of "masks, gowns, gauze, respirators, and other vital materials." [Emphasis mine]

If he didn't have bad leadership, he'd have no leadership at all.

He applies leadership just like he and his supporters apply logic: very inconsistently, or not at all.
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:18 pm    Post subject:

Good ad by Biden.

https://www.facebook.com/joebiden/videos/819630271875338/
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:53 pm    Post subject:

I am sorry, but if he touched my kid like this I would not play it....Presidential Candidate or not.

The Lebrons
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 6:43 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
I am sorry, but if he touched my kid like this I would not play it....Presidential Candidate or not.

Are we serious right now?
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 7:09 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:

The 25 women who have accused Trump of sexual misconduct from groping to rape
eddiejonze
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 7:16 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:

CL beat me to it, so I'll add that while that may be creepy, it aint sexual assault
Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 7:42 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:

Reading through this is gross. Its amazing how awful Trump is. Reading the first woman's accusations and then Trump's denial:

Trump denied the allegations and during a rally in October 2016, suggested that Leeds wasn't attractive enough for him to assault.

"People that are willing to say, 'Oh, I was with Donald Trump in 1980, I was sitting with him on an airplane, and he went after me,'" Trump said. "Believe me, she would not be my first choice."

Wow. Gross. And who finds that persuasive?

Also, second one his wife Ivana, ready for the defense from his lawyer Michael Cohen?

"You cannot rape your spouse"
Surfitall
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 10:21 pm    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:
Good ad by Biden.

https://www.facebook.com/joebiden/videos/819630271875338/

Keep pummeling him with these ads. Kudos to team Biden for putting these together as often as they do. This is a good one.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:14 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:

In general, there is an upsetting culture when it comes to male politicians and sexual behavior. I mean lets not forget Bloomberg's confidentiality agreements and Bernie's 2016 campaign as well. In no way are all these incidents equal. And I'd always prefer a candidate who had a sparkling record. I mean it's not as hard as our politicians make it look to accomplish.

But it's a no brainer Trump is on a level of his own when it comes to awfulness. Whether it's sexual assault related or his words, actions, and behavior in general.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2164, 2165, 2166 ... 3669, 3670, 3671  Next
Page 2165 of 3671
Jump to: