The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1416, 1417, 1418 ... 2077, 2078, 2079  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:13 pm    Post subject:

Agree to disagree, i guess. CJ McCollum will likely end his career ringless from what i've seen, but we'll see.

Edit: Also, when has CJ made the all-star team? He was called a "perennial all-star," but, maybe, i missed his appearances in the all-star games. Kobe was an all-star at 19 years old in his second season, so, obviously, people saw something in Kobe that they do not see in McCollum.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:00 pm    Post subject:

BadGuy wrote:
Agree to disagree, i guess. CJ McCollum will likely end his career ringless from what i've seen, but we'll see.

Edit: Also, when has CJ made the all-star team? He was called a "perennial all-star," but, maybe, i missed his appearances in the all-star games. Kobe was an all-star at 19 years old in his second season, so, obviously, people saw something in Kobe that they do not see in McCollum.

And you think McCollum will be ringless because he just doesn't have the work ethic? 🤣 That's asinine. Put him on an elite team as the third wheel (which is probably a better role for him) and he'd get rings. I'm not even some big McCollum fan. Your whole perspective is just absurd.

I didn't say he made the All-Star team. I said he's a perennial All-Star. And by that I mean that he's in the All-Star conversation every year. It's not difficult to make the case that he's been snubbed several times over the years. Kobe came off the bench for the Lakers but started in the ASG because he was voted in by the fans despite not having the stats (or role) of your typical All-Star. But of course, you know that already. You conveniently avoid contextualizing things because you know it makes your arguments weaker.
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:23 pm    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
BadGuy wrote:

And you think McCollum will be ringless because he just doesn't have the work ethic? 🤣 That's asinine. Put him on an elite team as the third wheel (which is probably a better role for him) and he'd get rings. I'm not even some big McCollum fan. Your whole perspective is just absurd.

I didn't say he made the All-Star team. I said he's a perennial All-Star. And by that I mean that he's in the All-Star conversation every year. It's not difficult to make the case that he's been snubbed several times over the years. Kobe came off the bench for the Lakers but started in the ASG because he was voted in by the fans despite not having the stats (or role) of your typical All-Star. But of course, you know that already. You conveniently avoid contextualizing things because you know it makes your arguments weaker.

Wow Perennial all-star means he's on the team; i can't read your mind to figure out that you mean the literal opposite of what you say when your words are clear as day (and intentionally misleading). Plenty of people are in the all-star "conversation." Sometimes, that "conversation" is held between two people.

What i am saying is CJ doesn't get the benefit of the doubt because he hasn't proven anything. LeBron gets the benefit of the doubt since he is proven, and his IG workouts are just one data-point in a career of hard-work and excellence. i am not sure what "typical all-star" even means; Kobe was an all-star at 19. Period. The fact that the coach was too stupid to start him when he was voted as an all-star is irrelevant. Currently, CJ's game is ineffective in terms of leading his team to winning basketball games imo, and you seem to agree given that he apparently needs an "elite team" and two players better than him on that team (evidently, Lillard isn't enough) in order to have a chance at winning a championship. When has LeBron needed one player (forget about two) better than him on the same team to win?
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:44 pm    Post subject:

BadGuy wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
Still staying in great shape even though the season might be over. At 35, Dude looks better than most 20 year olds. Hats off to the King!

Starting to appreciate him more as a great leader! Kobe's leadership style was different and also effective. Before LeBron came here, i thought Kobe's way was the best way. Now, i see that LeBron is a great leader with a different style, and, hopefully, he's inspiring the rest of the team to not sit on their couches playing video games and eating hot cheetos like CJ McCollum is currently doing.

All this is based on one funny tweet McCollum put up?

I guess when Lebron tweeted, "Nap was amazing! Now headed to the wine cellar. And finished watch #SelfMadeNetflix Madam CJ Walker story," he was inspiring his teammates to do nothing but sleep, watch videos and drink.
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:01 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
BadGuy wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
Still staying in great shape even though the season might be over. At 35, Dude looks better than most 20 year olds. Hats off to the King!

Starting to appreciate him more as a great leader! Kobe's leadership style was different and also effective. Before LeBron came here, i thought Kobe's way was the best way. Now, i see that LeBron is a great leader with a different style, and, hopefully, he's inspiring the rest of the team to not sit on their couches playing video games and eating hot cheetos like CJ McCollum is currently doing.

I guess when Lebron tweeted, "Nap was amazing! Now headed to the wine cellar. And finished watch #SelfMadeNetflix Madam CJ Walker story," he was inspiring his teammates to do nothing but sleep, watch videos and drink.

That would make sense if that's all LeBron posted, but he obviously has workout equipment at his house that he uses.

CJ, on the other hand, has done nothing (in two weeks) thus far to prepare for the NBA's eventual return and has tried to justify that in various ways: Source. He has only just started ordering equipment to train at home. That's not what elite players do. Can you have a life outside of basketball? Sure. If your life outside of basketball is your main focus because the NBA has been delayed indefinitely, i don't see how you can return as an elite player.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:11 pm    Post subject:

BadGuy wrote:
activeverb wrote:
BadGuy wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:

That would make sense if that's all LeBron posted, but he obviously has workout equipment at his house that he uses.

CJ, on the other hand, has done nothing (in two weeks) thus far to prepare for the NBA's eventual return and has tried to justify that in various ways: Source. He has only just started ordering equipment to train at home. That's not what elite players do. Can you have a life outside of basketball? Sure. If your life outside of basketball is your main focus because the NBA has been delayed indefinitely, i don't see how you can return as an elite player.

This is all a swing and a miss, dude.

The article you linked to said: "A tireless worker, the 6-4 guard out of Lehigh is often one of the last players to leave the court after practices, has a regiment of non-court workouts, including yoga and meditation, and participates in offseason runs with various NBA players during the summer months...."

The article also said that he was accustomed to lifting at the gym and "closing the gym down," and so he didn't have weights at home, but he just ordered some.

It's silly to suggest the guy isn't a hard worker simply because he didn't do his fitness regimen at home and instead chose to work out at a gym.

Last edited by activeverb on Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:16 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
BadGuy wrote:
activeverb wrote:
BadGuy wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:

The article you linked to said: "A tireless worker, the 6-4 guard out of Lehigh is often one of the last players to leave the court after practices, has a regiment of non-court workouts, including yoga and meditation, and participates in offseason runs with various NBA players during the summer months...."

The article also said that he was accustomed to lifting at the gym, and so he didn't have weights at home, but he just ordered some.

It's silly to suggest the guy isn't a hard worker simply because he didn't do his fitness regimen at home. Just silly. But you dig in, keep trying to prove a point that isn't there, and keep linking to articles that actually contradict you if that's what gets you off.

From the same article: CJ says, ‘Alright, I guess I should have built that gym when I figure bought this house.’ You never know what’s going to happen, so now I’m ordering stuff I can use in the house, thinking about building something where I can actually lift and have everything I need here. The process and problem with that is, for one, you don’t know who’s working right now. For two, you don’t want to put anybody in position to comprise their health. And three, by the time it’s done it’ll be time to start (the NBA) again and I won’t even need it.'

Also, from the same article, CJ says, "I’ve shifted, my mentality has shifted. It’s shifted to the offseason mentality in terms of no alarm, wake up when you feel like it, get done what you need to get done." i guess i am the only one alarmed by his mentality, which seems to be the anti-Mamba Mentality.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:29 pm    Post subject:

BadGuy wrote:
activeverb wrote:
BadGuy wrote:
activeverb wrote:
BadGuy wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:

The article also said that he was accustomed to lifting at the gym, and so he didn't have weights at home, but he just ordered some.

It's silly to suggest the guy isn't a hard worker simply because he didn't do his fitness regimen at home. Just silly. But you dig in, keep trying to prove a point that isn't there, and keep linking to articles that actually contradict you if that's what gets you off.

From the same article: CJ says, ‘Alright, I guess I should have built that gym when I figure bought this house.’ You never know what’s going to happen, so now I’m ordering stuff I can use in the house, thinking about building something where I can actually lift and have everything I need here. The process and problem with that is, for one, you don’t know who’s working right now. For two, you don’t want to put anybody in position to comprise their health. And three, by the time it’s done it’ll be time to start (the NBA) again and I won’t even need it.'

Also, from the same article, CJ says, "I’ve shifted, my mentality has shifted. It’s shifted to the offseason mentality in terms of no alarm, wake up when you feel like it, get done what you need to get done." i guess i am the only one alarmed by his mentality, which seems to be the anti-Mamba Mentality.

Again, I'm not sure what point you think you're making.

I actually read the whole interview. So I am not impressed by your cherry picking a sentence here and there out of it, while ignoring the other stuff.

He said he isn't setting his alarm. BFD. He said in the article he is still working out, but using this as a time for mental and physical rest, which isn't a bad thing.

But again, I am not going to keep going in circles on this. If you want to dig in and tell yourself you're right, life is too short for discussions of this sort.

Be safe. And get some mental rest. You need it
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:36 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
BadGuy wrote:
activeverb wrote:
BadGuy wrote:
activeverb wrote:
BadGuy wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:

Again, I'm not sure what point you think you're making.

I actually read the whole interview. So I am not impressed by your cherry picking a sentence here and there out of it, while ignoring the other stuff.

He said he isn't setting his alarm. BFD. He said in the article he is still working out, but using this as a time for mental and physical rest, which isn't a bad thing.

But again, I am not going to keep going in circles on this. If you want to dig in and tell yourself you're right, life is too short for discussions of this sort.

Be safe. And get some mental rest. You need it

Says the guy who did the exact same thing first after claiming to read the entire article and needed to edit his post to remove personal attacks.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:06 am    Post subject:

^
It’s all cool.

I think this is just a silly discussion about a player hardly anyone here cares about that's happening only because people are shut in and have too much time on their hands.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:14 pm    Post subject:

LeBron James says layoff is not good for his 35-year-old body

https://www.latimes.com/sports/lakers/story/2020-03-26/lakers-lebron-james-says-layoff-not-good-for-35-year-old-body

LeBron James making sure ‘Space Jam 2’ has a ‘dope’ soundtrack

https://clutchpoints.com/lakers-news-lebron-james-making-sure-space-jam-2-has-dope-soundtrack/
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2020 7:19 am    Post subject:

No way we miss another post season if we had Kobe on our team instead of "LABron". Just sayin.

Obviously I'm joking. But damn, think about all that's happened since those Kobe vs. LBJ debates months ago. We didn't know how good we had it back then. And we still somehow made it toxic.
I'm sure there's a lesson in that somewhere.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 5:52 am    Post subject:

Only Lakers fans could piss and moan about having Kobe and LBJ.

WE are blessed.
nikosvault
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 9:18 pm    Post subject:

JUST-MING wrote:
nikosvault wrote:
Made a little vid reviewing Lebron's clutch shooting in the NBA finals.

Enjoy.

Thanks .

nikosvault wrote:
Made 3 finals clutch video reviews for Kobe, MJ and Lebron.

I could make some for kobe's individual PO runs (if people in here care).

Clutch criteria:

1. Less than 5 min. to go in the game (plus potential OT)

2. Game within +/- 8 points

Michael Jordan video:

Total FG = 47-107 (44 fg%)

Total 2-PT FG = 46-97 (47 fg%)

Total 3-PT FG = 1-10 (10 fg%)

1991 = 5-12
1992 = 7-16
1993 = 15-33
1996 = 0-1
1997 = 10-21
1998 = 10-24

Less than 1 min go go = 11-26 (42 fg%)

Less than 24 sec. to go = 4-10 (40 fg%)

Less than 10 sec to go = 3-7 (43 fg%)

Kobe Bryant video:

Total FG = 33-82 (40 fg%)

Total 2-PT FG = 30-59 (51 fg%)

Total 3-PT FG = 3-23 (13 fg%)

2000 = 6-10
2001 = 4-9
2002 = 3-5
2004 = 5-12
2008 = 4-9
2009 = 7-20
2010 = 4-17

Less than 1 min go go = 9-26 (35 fg%)

Less than 24 sec. to go = 5-11 (45 fg%)

Less than 10 sec to go = 3-7 (43 fg%)

Lebron James video:

Total FG = 31-91 (34 fg%)

Total 2-PT FG = 22-59 (37 fg%)

Total 3-PT FG = 9-32 (28 fg%)

2007 = 4-12
2011 = 2-11
2012 = 5-11
2013 = 7-15
2014 = 1-2
2015 = 5-23
2016 = 1-5
2017 = 0-3
2018 = 6-9

Less than 1 min go go = 9-25 (36 fg%)

Less than 24 sec. to go = 3-13 (23 fg%) 1-10 since 2007

Less than 10 sec to go = 2-7 (29 fg%) 0-5 since 2007
1hu2ren3dui4
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2020 12:02 pm    Post subject:

It’s difficult for me to compare LeBron and Kobe / MJ.

It’s like comparing Kareem and MJ. Personally think you can’t. But Jordan has a prettier game so most people go with him. Still it’s totally subjective.

Similarly, I think lebron should be compared with magic more than mj just like Kobe should be compared with Jordan. My simple brain just doesn’t compute the comparison otherwise.
GOODRICH25
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2020 7:45 pm    Post subject:

1hu2ren3dui4 wrote:
It’s difficult for me to compare LeBron and Kobe / MJ.

It’s like comparing Kareem and MJ. Personally think you can’t. But Jordan has a prettier game so most people go with him. Still it’s totally subjective.

Similarly, I think lebron should be compared with magic more than mj just like Kobe should be compared with Jordan. My simple brain just doesn’t compute the comparison otherwise.

To me its the opposite, Lebron is a talented passer but i would rather not group a guy who looks to create for himself 1st with Magic who mostly shoots when passes arent available. Lebron with Kobe and MJ makes more sense imo

17 99 19 22 44 13 25 Mic.
52 33 32 42 34 8 24 16 23 3
scout0_0
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 7:06 am    Post subject:

Imagine this team

PG.LeBron
SG.Kobe
SF.Ariza
PF.Odom
C.Pau

Could they beat the curry-durants gsw?
LakersChamps04
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 7:46 pm    Post subject:

scout0_0 wrote:
Imagine this team

PG.LeBron
SG.Kobe
SF.Ariza
PF.Odom
C.Pau

absolutely.

lebron and KD. KD scores better but lebron's overall game and his playmaking win this battle
Kobe on Klay favors kobe all day
Ariza with his length chasing steph. Steph might get his but it wont be efficient
Odom on Dray. I like odom over dray anyday
and Pau on....zaza? Pau was the best big man for a 2 year stretch. If its that Pau, yea that series is a wrap
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:15 pm    Post subject:

scout0_0 wrote:
Imagine this team

PG.LeBron
SG.Kobe
SF.Ariza
PF.Odom
C.Pau

Yes and easily IMO. 4-1 at worst.

For my liking, that is the perfect basketball team. The ball movement would be off charts. Elite versatile defense. Inside presence. 4 triple threat players. Elite in the half court and on GOAT level on the break. Kobe/LBJ/Pau as the big 3 with Kobe being a gunner and LeBron creating for everyone. Imagine Lamar or Pau pushing the ball with Ariza, Kobe and LeBron on the wings.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 7:27 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Only Lakers fans could piss and moan about having Kobe and LBJ.

WE are blessed.

Best LG comment of all time.
Cyberfreak444
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 11:24 am    Post subject:

LeBron is making it very clear that he expects and wants the NBA to finish this season. This kind of tweet puts the pressure on the league to make sure it happens. And I hope it does.

https://twitter.com/kingjames/status/1255912096929165312?s=21
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 11:27 am    Post subject:

Cyberfreak444 wrote:
LeBron is making it very clear that he expects and wants the NBA to finish this season. This kind of tweet puts the pressure on the league to make sure it happens. And I hope it does.

LeBron is close with a lot of players and agents/execs of course his in-put matters.
LakersChamps04
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 11:03 pm    Post subject:

Cyberfreak444 wrote:

He smart. he knows this year at 35 is the best chance he'll have at another ring.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 7:35 am    Post subject:

Cyberfreak444 wrote:

In concept, everyone would like to finish the season. The hard part is how to do it safely. There are a billion issues. When will you have tests that are reliable and fast enough? How many tests would you need? Will using that many tests create a backlash if other people and industries don't have access to test? Would you need to quarantine players away from their family for the rest of their season to enhance everyone's safety?

If they resume the season, and a player gets coronavirus and dies, what will be the liability, and who will be responsible for that liability?

The nuts and bolts, and the complex specifics, are what's going to dictate this, not pressure from people like Lebron. Because if the issues like I cited above aren't worked out, Lebron will back down very very quickly.
LonzoLegend2
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2020 7:29 pm    Post subject:

Ugh, watching this HS Grad special on the tube, appears LBJ lost a lot of muscle definition however is sporting a killer Harden beard. Hope he can recover those guns in time when/if the season resumes.

1978-2020
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1416, 1417, 1418 ... 2077, 2078, 2079  Next
Page 1417 of 2079
Jump to: