General Professional Boxing Discussion Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 483, 484, 485 ... 512, 513, 514  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:48 pm    Post subject:

Wilder has enacted his rematch clause. Fury has to agree. I don't see why he wouldn't as easily as he handled him. Joshua doesn't want any part of Fury. He had a hard time with Ruiz. Ruiz's bane was money. He partied and didn't train for the second fight. If he had no telling how the second fight would have turned out.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:06 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
easier? what makes you think Joshua won't duck Fury like he done Wilder all these years

Joshua ducking Fury is certainly a possibility since Joshua has been a (bleep) thus far based on how he fights and who he fights. However, Joshua can stay in the UK to fight Fury, and that seems very important to AJ for a big fight. As others have said, Fury will whoop his ass if they meet.
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:09 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Wilder has enacted his rematch clause. Fury has to agree. I don't see why he wouldn't as easily as he handled him. Joshua doesn't want any part of Fury. He had a hard time with Ruiz. Ruiz's bane was money. He partied and didn't train for the second fight. If he had no telling how the second fight would have turned out.

Ruiz is now in the category of one hit wonders like Hasim Rahman, so we can't really say much about Ruiz anymore. The fact that Ruiz didn't train properly for the rematch (especially one of that magnitude) makes him a bum at this point.

Fury should try to embarrass Wilder in the third fight similar to Ali vs. Liston 2; he should try to KO Wilder in round 1.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 7:24 am    Post subject:

do his best to stop the wrap ups choke holds and leans and he can get some shots off and not get abused as bad
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2020 11:42 am    Post subject:

Anybody watch Garcia vs Vargas? Watch and judge. Mikey has skills. Full Fight // Scorecards

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2020 7:36 pm    Post subject:

Damn. Two Black Mambas in three months .......

RIP Roger

you dont know (bleep) about boxing
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:39 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Anybody watch Garcia vs Vargas? Watch and judge. Mikey has skills. Full Fight // Scorecards

Vargas is no push over but tailor made for Mikey. Boxing nowadays is about that check, not titles. But if you can kill two birds with one stone (check and title), why not. Everyone at 47 is looking for Manny.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:27 pm    Post subject:

This article was written 11/23/2019. I don't know if there have been any talks between the camps. If he fights Manny the gate and [[V will be record setters.

TMZ: Floyd Mayweather Wants 2 Fights in 2020 with Pacquiao Rematch, UFC Opponent

LINK

Quote:
Boxing superstar Floyd Mayweather Jr. is reportedly planning to fight twice in 2020, with a rematch against Manny Pacquiao and another crossover bout against a UFC opponent on his wishlist.

doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2020 3:04 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
This article was written 11/23/2019. I don't know if there have been any talks between the camps. If he fights Manny the gate and [[V will be record setters.

TMZ: Floyd Mayweather Wants 2 Fights in 2020 with Pacquiao Rematch, UFC Opponent

LINK

Quote:
Boxing superstar Floyd Mayweather Jr. is reportedly planning to fight twice in 2020, with a rematch against Manny Pacquiao and another crossover bout against a UFC opponent on his wishlist.

doubt it. they always talk this talk. Floyd just trying to stay relevant and then he'll say, the panda, pan, pan, pande ...... i have a buncha money.

people would be a damn fool to see he and manny fight again. Philippines would pay for obvious reasons. Americans would pay again because they wanna see Floyd lose. I didn't slide a c-note then, won't slide one now. Saw it for free the following week and chuckled.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 9:05 am    Post subject:

Who'll watch the PPV?

CONTRACTS Mike Tyson set to announce comeback fight this week, but it won’t be against Evander Holyfield

LINK

HE LOOKS FAST

MIKE TYSON
NEW TRAINING VIDEO IS INSANELY VIOLENT
... 'I'm Back!!!'

ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:46 pm    Post subject:

PEOPLE'S CHAMP Tyson Fury donated £7million Deontay Wilder purse from first fight to charity, with rematch breaking ticket money records
By Joe Coleman
24th February 2020, 10:30 am
Updated: 24th February 2020, 12:24 pm

https://talksport.com/sport/boxing/491322/tyson-fury-news-gypsy-king-worth-deontay-wilder-purse-charity-rematch/

A guy worth knowing more about. Seems like a really quality down to earth human.. I don't know much about Boxing lately..

Quote:
Back then, he was the challenger and travelled around Los Angeles on a promotional tour ahead of his WBC heavyweight title fight in the city, but was stunned by the number of homeless people he saw.

The ‘Gypsy King’ was stunned by the homelessness in Los Angeles when he was in the city for his first fight with Deontay Wilder

Speaking to members of the LA Fire Department, he vowed to donate his entire purse to UK charities to build homes for alcohol and drug addicts at home.

And during a meet and greet tour in Britain shortly after the fight, Fury told audience members in Cardiff at an Evening With Tyson Fury show he had in fact given all his hard-earned cash away.

In an exclusive obtained by The Sun, Fury reportedly said during a Q&A session: “I did give away my last purse but I don’t do charity work for a pat on the back.

“I do it to help people but I do not want praise for it, I don’t want to be called a do-gooder.”

Although Fury received a basic wage of £2.5m, this figure rose to the reported £7m once the pay-per-view money was taken into account.

----------------------------------------------
After courting controversy throughout his early career, Fury’s battles with mental illness have inspired him to help others and seen him champion charitable causes.

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:18 am    Post subject:

^^^ Tyson's made me a fan. His personality brings so much to the sport. His real heart more than matches that personality. I'm pulling for him against Wilder.

ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:47 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
^^^ Tyson's made me a fan. His personality brings so much to the sport. His real heart more than matches that personality. I'm pulling for him against Wilder.

Awesome to see someone being a real human even when earning millions.. Knowing Humanity needs it more than he does.. Bezos if you're listening

I don't think this got as much notice also
Michael Jordan’s brand donates $100 million to organizations fighting racism against black people
Published Fri, Jun 5 20206:28 PM EDT

Quote:
Michael Jordan and his Jordan Brand company will donate $100 million social organizations “dedicated to ensuring racial equality” the company announced on Friday.

In a joint statement, the basketball Hall of Famer said the funding would also assist organizations that assist with “social justice and greater access to education” over the next 10 years.

“The Jordan Brand is us, the Black Community,” the statement said. “Until the ingrained racism that allows our country’s institutions to fail is completely eradicated, we will remain committed to protecting and improving the lives of Black people.”

Nike, which produces the Jordan Brand, is also committing $40 million over four years to support black communities, according to a memo CEO John Donahoe sent a memo to employees.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:28 pm    Post subject:

^^^ Michael is doing so much that goes unnoticed because he doesn't crave the spotlight. He does thing his way. People want him to be outspoken. I don't blame him for not wanting the attention. Hell, he's retired.

You're wealthy when you work for your money. You're rich when your money works for you. Mike's rich. He should relax and enjoy his 2.1 billion.

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:00 am    Post subject:

Another ol skool fighter wanting to comeback. I don't think Oscar needs the money. I believe he's worth around $200 million. Tyson is going to destroy Roy Jones Jr.

De La Hoya, 47, confirms boxing comeback

LINK

doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 6:55 pm    Post subject:

I'm having the shakes .... havent been to a live fight since December .......
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:29 pm    Post subject:

doughboy90650 wrote:
I'm having the shakes .... havent been to a live fight since December .......

What fight do you plan to attend?

Osei
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:45 pm    Post subject:

Solid PPV card tomorrow night featuring the Charlo twins and a total of 5 world title fights. Here's my analysis and betting prediction for the Charlo vs. Derevyanchenko fight: https://masterclassboxing.blogspot.com/2020/09/charlo-vs-derevyanchenko-prefight.html
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 7:05 pm    Post subject:

Osei wrote:
Solid PPV card tomorrow night featuring the Charlo twins and a total of 5 world title fights. Here's my analysis and betting prediction for the Charlo vs. Derevyanchenko fight: https://masterclassboxing.blogspot.com/2020/09/charlo-vs-derevyanchenko-prefight.html

Jermell Charlo should also be undefeated. His loss to Tony Harrison was a straight up robbery. He got his revenge 2nd time around, KO.

BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 2:36 pm    Post subject:

Unfortunately, i will be missing tonight's fights, but I expect the Charlo bros to take care of business. Hopefully, Canelo finds whatever is left of his pride and faces Jermall soon.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 3:21 pm    Post subject:

BadGuy wrote:
Unfortunately, i will be missing tonight's fights, but I expect the Charlo bros to take care of business. Hopefully, Canelo finds whatever is left of his pride and faces Jermall soon.

Money and Oscar ruined what was once a true warrior. Sad..

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 3:53 pm    Post subject:

Who's gonna buy Tyson vs Jones?

BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:48 pm    Post subject:

Watching Jermall right now. Good first round. Looks to be measuring Derevyanchenko early.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:21 pm    Post subject:

Round 9 Charlo giving boxing lessons. Derevyanchenko eye is a mess.

BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 6:11 pm    Post subject:

Wasn't really impressed by that performance by Jermall. I thought he should have finished Derevyanchenko.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 483, 484, 485 ... 512, 513, 514  Next
Page 484 of 514
Jump to: