OFFICIAL KYLE got traded for westbrook KUZMA THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 746, 747, 748 ... 878, 879, 880  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2020 2:17 pm    Post subject:

During the season there's no down time between games, practice, and travel. His shot was off and now he has the time to go back to the drawing board and fix it. If they play again, I expect to see far better shooting and overall effectiveness, making the team even better.
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2020 8:26 pm    Post subject:

lakersboy wrote:
During the season there's no down time between games, practice, and travel. His shot was off and now he has the time to go back to the drawing board and fix it. If they play again, I expect to see far better shooting and overall effectiveness, making the team even better.

So how long do we make excuses for Kuzma as a shooter? He wasn’t a shooter at any point in his career minus a strong streak in spl and early in his rookie year.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2020 11:24 pm    Post subject:

Luminous8 wrote:
lakersboy wrote:

So how long do we make excuses for Kuzma as a shooter? He wasn’t a shooter at any point in his career minus a strong streak in spl and early in his rookie year.

As long as he keeps rebounding, playing defense, and hitting the occasional corner 3, I’m happy with Kuz. Especially for 2m per year.
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2020 8:56 am    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
Luminous8 wrote:
lakersboy wrote:

As long as he keeps rebounding, playing defense, and hitting the occasional corner 3, I’m happy with Kuz. Especially for 2m per year.

That’s all fine and dandy, but that’s not what was being discussed. And since we’re on the subject,.. I’m still not buying this new Kuzma. I’ve seen the man do this too many times. Give me more than 5-6 game stretch before I believe it. Leopards rarely change their spots even if they do finally change their hair.😉
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2020 9:38 am    Post subject:

Luminous8 wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
Luminous8 wrote:
lakersboy wrote:

That’s all fine and dandy, but that’s not what was being discussed. And since we’re on the subject,.. I’m still not buying this new Kuzma. I’ve seen the man do this too many times. Give me more than 5-6 game stretch before I believe it. Leopards rarely change their spots even if they do finally change their hair.😉

All truth. No more excuses. He's an average shooter that has those occasional scoring outbursts that make us want it more consistently. His focus should be on constantly moving without the ball on offense, and rebounding and playing hard nose, intelligent defense on the other end.
lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2020 9:47 am    Post subject:

Luminous8 wrote:
lakersboy wrote:

I'm not making excuses. He clearly had no confidence in his shots and had no resemblance of the player he's been in the past. Example: Since the combines, he's known from day 1 for shooting and making running (true) hook shots across the lane. I've seen him attempt them this season without making a single shot. His confidence and ability are effectively injured, or broken. Plus the long season seems to be wearing on him, like it does on rookies. After a slow start when he returned, he got hot from 3 for a while. Now, he has been virtually making almost none of his 3's for a while. If you think that's normal, then you haven't been watching his career.

Last edited by lakersboy on Sun Mar 15, 2020 10:46 am; edited 1 time in total
ThePageDude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2020 10:13 am    Post subject:

LakerDYnasty72 wrote:

<snip>
All truth. No more excuses. He's an average shooter that has those occasional scoring outbursts that make us want it more consistently. His focus should be on constantly moving without the ball on offense, and rebounding and playing hard nose, intelligent defense on the other end.

This year he's been below average from the 3 (29.7 vs 35.7)
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2020 2:23 pm    Post subject:

lakersboy wrote:
Luminous8 wrote:
lakersboy wrote:

I'm not making excuses. He clearly had no confidence in his shots and had no resemblance of the player he's been in the past. Example: Since the combines, he's known from day 1 for shooting and making running (true) hook shots across the lane. I've seen him attempt them this season without making a single shot. His confidence and ability are effectively injured, or broken. Plus the long season seems to be wearing on him, like it does on rookies. After a slow start when he returned, he got hot from 3 for a while. Now, he has been virtually making almost none of his 3's for a while. If you think that's normal, then you haven't been watching his career.

No idea when this guy was known as a shooter. He was a poor shooter in college, had a good combine and spl. Carried it over for a couple of months rookie year but has been pretty mediocre since. Down right bad this year. He has never lacked confidence in his shot. He’s simply a guy who needs the green light to shoot to be able to do the things he does offensively. He (to this point) hasn’t proven he can be a key piece of an offense that isn’t just free flowing without structure.

The man is a microwave who adds little else consistently. He may one day become a good shooter but that’s not him yet.
lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2020 4:53 pm    Post subject:

Luminous8 wrote:
lakersboy wrote:
Luminous8 wrote:
lakersboy wrote:

No idea when this guy was known as a shooter. He was a poor shooter in college, had a good combine and spl. Carried it over for a couple of months rookie year but has been pretty mediocre since. Down right bad this year. He has never lacked confidence in his shot. He’s simply a guy who needs the green light to shoot to be able to do the things he does offensively. He (to this point) hasn’t proven he can be a key piece of an offense that isn’t just free flowing without structure.

The man is a microwave who adds little else consistently. He may one day become a good shooter but that’s not him yet.
You responded to my post without addressing a single thing I said, except saying he hasn't lost confidence. If you don't see a guy having a tough time making shots and not randomly launching them from outside, you're not watching. The person you call a "microwave" can barely make a shot for some time now, not resembling in any way, the player who has earned "Kuuuz" chants at home and on the road. I strongly suspect that you don't know what lack of confidence looks like in a player because nothing about his play in the past umpteen games resembles his past confidence, comparing shots he used to take, make or miss, to his recent hesitance and inability to score (I didn't watch the last game when he made zero of his 3 point attempts).

Apparently the difference in our posts is that I like him and you don't. No need to keep this going. We won't convince each other.
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:15 am    Post subject:

Gobert and Spida are having a falling out over Covid maybe we can send him back to the state of his alma mater
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 8:34 am    Post subject:

lakersboy wrote:
Luminous8 wrote:
lakersboy wrote:
Luminous8 wrote:
lakersboy wrote:

You responded to my post without addressing a single thing I said, except saying he hasn't lost confidence. If you don't see a guy having a tough time making shots and not randomly launching them from outside, you're not watching. The person you call a "microwave" can barely make a shot for some time now, not resembling in any way, the player who has earned "Kuuuz" chants at home and on the road. I strongly suspect that you don't know what lack of confidence looks like in a player because nothing about his play in the past umpteen games resembles his past confidence, comparing shots he used to take, make or miss, to his recent hesitance and inability to score (I didn't watch the last game when he made zero of his 3 point attempts).

Apparently the difference in our posts is that I like him and you don't. No need to keep this going. We won't convince each other.

It’s called playing in an offense that has accountability. Tell me why it is he has the confidence when he’s a starter for AD but not when he’s a sub? Oh yeah because he isn’t allowed to freely chuck. There is a difference between a lack of confidence and simply not being allowed to take any dumb shot you want whether in the flow of the offense or not. Kuz doesn’t lack confidence. He’s shown he’s still the same guy when he’s a starter.
dinkybeach
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2020 4:26 pm    Post subject: Raymond Lewis Video Tape

lakersboy wrote:
The same claims that he contributes nothing but scoring will continue, but I'm watching his d in the Clippers game and it's excellent after 1 qtr, including a bogus foul of Harrell. Offensively it's clear the team is focused on playing their best and hes fitting right in.

Hi lakersboy a few years back you wrote...I seem to recall a breif tryout in the early 80's with the spurs, I think when Johnny Moore was on the squad. I remember hearing that he walked out of camp instead of waiting for the cuts. Recently I was talking to someone who said he has many of Lewis' games recorded and he didn't recall the Spurs tryout but I remember reading about it in the Times.

I'm currently working on Lewis' documentary and we are searching for Raymond Lewis film. Can you put me in contact with you friend that has the Lewis recorded games? www.raymondlewis.com dean @ raymondlewis.com

If you get a chance, can you please contact me via email?

Thanks,

Dean Prator
dinkybeach
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2020 5:07 pm    Post subject:

lakersboy wrote:

Hi lakersboy a few years back you wrote...I seem to recall a breif tryout in the early 80's with the spurs, I think when Johnny Moore was on the squad. I remember hearing that he walked out of camp instead of waiting for the cuts. Recently I was talking to someone who said he has many of Lewis' games recorded and he didn't recall the Spurs tryout but I remember reading about it in the Times.

I'm currently working on Lewis' documentary and we are searching for Raymond Lewis film. Can you put me in contact with you friend that has the Lewis recorded games? www.raymondlewis.com dean AT raymondlewis.com

If you get a chance, can you please contact me via email?

Thanks,

Dean Prator
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2020 5:57 pm    Post subject:

I got a haircut for the first time since Nov to look spiffy for Thanksgiving. A couple of days ago, I looked like a 70s Dazed N Confused shagger. I had errands to run and was near my local shop and went inside on a lark and they were all in there, empty of other patrons. I said I had some stuff to do and would prolly come back within the next few days and after I got gas and went to CVS for my hydrochlorquine and Lysol, the thought that the barber shop might not even still be there on Mon hit me. Life moves pretty fast. You gotta keep Ferris' wisdom at play in your mind in these times.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2020 12:26 pm    Post subject:

I like what I heard today from Kuzma. He seems ultra focused and serious.

Got to back the talk as they say, but it’s good to see he knows this is a prime chance.

His improvement on defense is really an underrated story for this team. He has become dependable and tbh he has done a great job on some big names.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:41 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:

Got to back the talk as they say, but it’s good to see he knows this is a prime chance.

His improvement on defense is really an underrated story for this team. He has become dependable and tbh he has done a great job on some big names.

Talk is easy. Consistent production is not. I remember Kuzma telling Luke Walton “Never again” after he got targeted and destroyed on defense possession after possession; well, it kept happening for basically a whole additional season. As others have said, brief stretches of improvement don’t mean much, he needs to do is consistently. And it is a rare player who steps up his game in his first ever playoffs, so while I very much hope Kuzma hits his open threes and plays effective defense, I’m also not holding my breath for it. I’m still hopeful Kuzma will end up being more the player that we all hoped he would be after his rookie season, but expecting it from him in the most pressure filled and important games he’s ever participated in? That is unlikely, to say the least.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:40 pm    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

Talk is easy. Consistent production is not. I remember Kuzma telling Luke Walton “Never again” after he got targeted and destroyed on defense possession after possession; well, it kept happening for basically a whole additional season. As others have said, brief stretches of improvement don’t mean much, he needs to do is consistently. And it is a rare player who steps up his game in his first ever playoffs, so while I very much hope Kuzma hits his open threes and plays effective defense, I’m also not holding my breath for it. I’m still hopeful Kuzma will end up being more the player that we all hoped he would be after his rookie season, but expecting it from him in the most pressure filled and important games he’s ever participated in? That is unlikely, to say the least.

Yeah, he has always been a big talker and always been incredibly inconsistent with random hot stretches since high school so it will take more then what he was starting to show to make me an actual believer at this point.

I hope so though because he obviously has the potential to make us nearly unbeatable when he's focused and fully engaged on both ends.
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 2:03 pm    Post subject:

Kuz lookin real focused before entering the Orlando bubble: NY Post Link
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 2:10 pm    Post subject:

I know it might sound crazy, but based on what I saw in the high profile matchups Kuz’s defense is a key factor in winning the chip.

In terms of importance/ranking:
1) Lebron playing close to 2018 playoff Lebron
2) AD outperforming any of the other superstar “2s”
3) Scoring outside of Lebron/AD
4) Kuzma wing defense and Dwight rim protecting
5) Caruso picking up AB’s role and minutes.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:41 am    Post subject:

Quote:
In 10 games after the All-Star Break, Kuzma posted a defensive rating of 93.8, which was the best of any rotation player on the Lakers.

https://twitter.com/pickuphoop/status/1285259831348211712?s=21
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2020 10:49 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Quote:
In 10 games after the All-Star Break, Kuzma posted a defensive rating of 93.8, which was the best of any rotation player on the Lakers.

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2020 12:15 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Quote:

His defense is night and day different from his first 2 seasons. From a liability to an asset. Now we just gotta him him back to his rookie year efficiency and confidence.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2020 1:03 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Quote:

It's a small sample size, but I will say his defense went from a complete eye sore to me basically not even noticing it. That's a big improvement. I highly doubt he can be a better defensive player than AD for a 10-game stretch, so I'm skeptical about defensive stats.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2020 1:06 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Quote:

His defense is night and day different from his first 2 seasons. From a liability to an asset. Now we just gotta him him back to his rookie year efficiency and confidence.

In the 2nd Boston game, I was yelling at the TV to put Kuzma on Tatum lol.

I would have never in a million years said this in his first 2 seasons.

His improvement on defense has gone under the radar. He legit is another solid wing defender on the roster now.

Im fine with him focusing on being an impact wing defender for this roster. The shot would be nice, but his defensive impact can help alleviate pressure off Lebron on that end. Kuz is also the type to hit the big shot late like he did against the Pelicans a couple of times.

Wing defense was a big issue to start the season. Kuz being one of the better defenders is a game changer imo.
lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2020 1:43 pm    Post subject:

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 746, 747, 748 ... 878, 879, 880  Next
Page 747 of 880
Jump to: