Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheWave
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 11:08 pm    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
AJ wrote:
I am not one to complain about the officiating, but how bias did that seem? I mean it looked as if the officials made a concentrated effort to call more fouls on one team versus the other.

It may have seemed biased but I think it was just a badly officiated game. Refs were just inconsistent and missed some calls on both ends.

It may have seemed one sided due the constant whining and “who me “ gestures from James and company. Have to say this it is becoming annoying and the least likable trend imo that keeps getting worse all season long.

When a team shoots 20+ more free throws than you you have a reason to complain
TheWave
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 11:08 pm    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
AJ wrote:
I am not one to complain about the officiating, but how bias did that seem? I mean it looked as if the officials made a concentrated effort to call more fouls on one team versus the other.

It may have seemed biased but I think it was just a badly officiated game. Refs were just inconsistent and missed some calls on both ends.

It may have seemed one sided due the constant whining and “who me “ gestures from James and company. Have to say this it is becoming annoying and the least likable trend imo that keeps getting worse all season long.

When a team shoots 20+ more free throws than you you have a reason to complain
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2020 6:18 am    Post subject:

StoicChalice392 wrote:
I hate car commercials

Those white Toyota screen ads are insipid. I thought I missed the Xmas one of the fam driving around to different houses that was on a billion times, but these make me pine for it. The one where the woman emasculates the gleeful chump is the worst. They're going for stripped down, minimalist, I get it. However, car ads are already boring as holy hell. You don't need to add to the nails on chalkboard tediousness of watching them over and over with whiny voices and no background. Two morons going, "It's nooot haarrd..." "Exactly," with Seinfeld inflections. White screen videos phased out on early MTV quickly for the blandness factor.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2020 6:28 am    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:
StoicChalice392 wrote:
I hate car commercials

Matthew McConaughey Says “Alright Alright Alright”

You gotta joint, KingKobe20? It'd bay a lot ceewler if you diiiid...
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2020 6:35 am    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
Zion is a monster. Him and Ingram are going to dominate the league in a few years.

He needs to knock that 25 lbs off now while it's still easy. People compared him to young Barkley. In college and maybe 1st year. After that, he shouldn't get the honor of that comparison. Chuck was big, but a fluid motion of asskick. He ran down Spud and blocked him in the half court, as well as a 5'10" bust the Clippers had named Randy Woods. Chased em both down and caught em and that was in 93 when he was no longer a spring chicken.

Diff between him and Zion is that Chuck ran gracefully for a time. Zion looks like he's holding in a turd with all his might. And he probably is.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2020 7:46 am    Post subject:

Z is a load. He's a 19 year old baby playing like a man under the rim. Most of his shots are around 4 feet in. He has that down now he'll probable work on a 8 10 foot jumper. If he develops a 8 - 10 foot jumper he's going to be a tougher load. After that he'll go after the 3. If he does I hope he doesn't fall in love with it. If he stays healthy the Pels will be a playoff team.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2020 8:43 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Z is a load. He's a 19 year old baby playing like a man under the rim. Most of his shots are around 4 feet in. He has that down now he'll probable work on a 8 10 foot jumper. If he develops a 8 - 10 foot jumper he's going to be a tougher load. After that he'll go after the 3. If he does I hope he doesn't fall in love with it. If he stays healthy the Pels will be a playoff team.

Refs are giving him superstar calls - we'll have to see if that continues. He's attempting 10.6 FT/36. The only other rookie with a rate that high was Wilt.

Shaq didn't get that high a rate until his 6th season, Jordan didn't until he was in his 3rd, Harden his 10th. Kobe never had a FT rate that high.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2020 8:57 am    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Refs are giving him superstar calls - we'll have to see if that continues. He's attempting 10.6 FT/36. The only other rookie with a rate that high was Wilt.

Shaq didn't get that high a rate until his 6th season, Jordan didn't until he was in his 3rd, Harden his 10th. Kobe never had a FT rate that high.

Of all those you mentioned only Shaq played the way Z does, 4 feet in.

I agree Shaq was mauled and didn't get the calls. I think the refs looked at his size 7'1" 324 lbs, players falling off of him like water off a ducks back and overlooked the beatings he took. He should have gone to the line more earlier in his career.

Z is only 6' 6" 284 lbs. His size may be a factor.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
AJ
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2020 10:55 am    Post subject:

I realize all we want is a fair unbiased officiating but let's be real when a rookie who has played less than 20 total games gets more calls than the face of the league, something is skewed.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2020 11:40 am    Post subject:

AJ wrote:
I realize all we want is a fair unbiased officiating but let's be real when a rookie who has played less than 20 total games gets more calls than the face of the league, something is skewed.

This sounds as though because he's a rookie he shouldn't get the calls. If that's the case where is the fairness? A foul is a foul, rookie or 15 year vet.

I believe in NBA officials. They have a thankless job. Damned if they do, Damned if they don't.

Basketball is a fast paced game. Calls are made quickly. I've seen Bron hacked and no call. Harden flop and get calls.

Officials are human and pron to human error. Until robots are invented to call games there will be calls missed and calls made incorrectly.

I believe refs get around 93 - 95% of the calls correct.

pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2020 3:08 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Vinay Killawala (@) vkillem
For full context, here is LeBron's Drives/Game (Foul Draw Rate) over the past 7 years.

19-20: 13.7 (6.8%)
18-19: 12.4 (11.3%)
17-18: 11.7 (8.0%)
16-17: 11.3 (9.5%)
15-16: 11.1 (8.0%)
14-15: 13.2 (10.8%)
13-14: 9.4 (11.6%)

If you think he isn't getting calls, you may be right.

https://twitter.com/vkillem/status/1234573344961286144
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24
Page 24 of 24
Jump to: