OFFICIAL LONZO BALL THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1681, 1682, 1683 ... 1686, 1687, 1688  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 4:41 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
kikanga wrote:
focus wrote:
kikanga wrote:
Such a limited scorer. There's a good chance he never shoots a decent % from the field. 40% from the field isn't asking much. And he has the athleticism to get to the line. But because he's such a poor FT shooter, he doesn't attack defenders near the basket.

I appreciate what he does well, but his limitations are frustrating to watch sometimes.
So his jumper hasn't improved at all? FTs too? It is frustrating even on another team. His gifts are so fun (when he uses them) that his weaknesses look even more glaring in relief.

39% from the field. 56% from the line. That's actually an improvement. He used to be low 40%s from the line. But he averages 1 FT a game.
There's passing to get your teammates involved and then there's passing because your uncomfortable trying to score.

Yep. He has advanced a step, but he still hasn't made the leap that will be necessary to make him a legitimately good player. It is not clear that he will ever be a good enough offensive player to have value in the current era of the NBA. He still has time, though. From what I've seen, his defense has gotten better than it was early in the season. Perhaps most importantly, he has stayed healthy so far.

He's 14/8/8 and shooting 39% from deep in his last 20. Man he'd be nice on this squad...

REALLY hoping he doesn't get hurt and gets derailed again.

He's taking the step forward Ingram did last year with the Lakers before BI got injured. Hopefully he can stay healthy and springboard to a breakout year four a la D'Angelo and Ingram.
focus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 11:52 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
kikanga wrote:
focus wrote:
kikanga wrote:
Such a limited scorer. There's a good chance he never shoots a decent % from the field. 40% from the field isn't asking much. And he has the athleticism to get to the line. But because he's such a poor FT shooter, he doesn't attack defenders near the basket.

I appreciate what he does well, but his limitations are frustrating to watch sometimes.
So his jumper hasn't improved at all? FTs too? It is frustrating even on another team. His gifts are so fun (when he uses them) that his weaknesses look even more glaring in relief.

39% from the field. 56% from the line. That's actually an improvement. He used to be low 40%s from the line. But he averages 1 FT a game.
There's passing to get your teammates involved and then there's passing because your uncomfortable trying to score.

Yep. He has advanced a step, but he still hasn't made the leap that will be necessary to make him a legitimately good player. It is not clear that he will ever be a good enough offensive player to have value in the current era of the NBA. He still has time, though. From what I've seen, his defense has gotten better than it was early in the season. Perhaps most importantly, he has stayed healthy so far.

He's 14/8/8 and shooting 39% from deep in his last 20. Man he'd be nice on this squad...

REALLY hoping he doesn't get hurt and gets derailed again.

He's taking the step forward Ingram did last year with the Lakers before BI got injured. Hopefully he can stay healthy and springboard to a breakout year four a la D'Angelo and Ingram.
Hope so. Really would like to see the game of a fully confident decisive Lonzo on display on a regular basis, especially if he's pairing with Zion for most of his career.
BigBoi
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 4:22 am    Post subject:

🅱️🅱️🅱️
OCWA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:11 pm    Post subject:

Solid game, 15/7/4 with a +25, but his reluctance to shoot around the rim is still worrying.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2020 1:21 am    Post subject:

OCWA wrote:
Solid game, 15/7/4 with a +25, but his reluctance to shoot around the rim is still worrying.

I don’t see what you saw. He took shots down low when he had them, but he rightfully moved the ball when Whiteside was coming in at him. The one time he challenged Whiteside he got it swatted. Ball has been terrific after a slow start to the season. Ever since he said he got his legs back, he’s looked like he did with us, a terror on defense who pushes pace and creates shots and advantages for his teammates, only with a better looking shot and more ability and willingness to pull up from mid range.
OCWA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2020 2:07 pm    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:
OCWA wrote:

I don’t see what you saw. He took shots down low when he had them, but he rightfully moved the ball when Whiteside was coming in at him. The one time he challenged Whiteside he got it swatted. Ball has been terrific after a slow start to the season. Ever since he said he got his legs back, he’s looked like he did with us, a terror on defense who pushes pace and creates shots and advantages for his teammates, only with a better looking shot and more ability and willingness to pull up from mid range.

Agree he is playing well, but when he beats defenders and gets into the lane he still looks like he doesn't want to shoot.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2020 6:07 pm    Post subject:

LiAngelo Ball has been offered a contract to play in the G League

https://therookiewire.usatoday.com/2020/03/03/liangelo-ball-g-league-contract-offer-okc-blue/
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:01 pm    Post subject:

Lonzo is on a hot streak from 3. He got away from his dad, away from the Lakers, and now the shot form looks solid. mhan00 has it right.

He's made 6 3's tonight, on the heels of 7 made 3's in his last game.
OCWA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:47 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
Lonzo is on a hot streak from 3. He got away from his dad, away from the Lakers, and now the shot form looks solid. mhan00 has it right.

He's made 6 3's tonight, on the heels of 7 made 3's in his last game.

I argued that he didn't need to retool the form, just gain more confidence. Boy was I wrong. The new form is smooth and he is stroking it.
OCWA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:17 pm    Post subject:

Both Zo and BI balled out and looked like stars, but Doncic took over late and showed he is on another level. Dude is nasty.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:23 pm    Post subject:

Unfortunately, Lonzo still can't finish at the rim with any sort of traffic in the area (he had a couple of easy misses late), and he's still a very poor FT shooter. Looks like the outside shot has come along, and he's still a valuable player as it is. But his upside is capped because he's so reluctant to actually take it all the way to the hole if he penetrates into the paint.
OCWA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:03 pm    Post subject:

My NBA viewing this year has been mostly Pel games and I agree that Zo does still look reluctant to shoot when he gets in the lane but his finishing around the rim is a lot better now than it was with the Lakers. He had a couple nice finishes inside tonight but also rushed a couple. Porzingis will do that to the best of em.
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2020 1:40 am    Post subject:

OCWA wrote:
My NBA viewing this year has been mostly Pel games and I agree that Zo does still look reluctant to shoot when he gets in the lane but his finishing around the rim is a lot better now than it was with the Lakers. He had a couple nice finishes inside tonight but also rushed a couple. Porzingis will do that to the best of em.

Yea, he has improved in those aspects from Lakers days and has developed his body. Still only in his 3rd year and hasn't had offseasons to improve his skills due to injuries. Think he will reach his high ceiling in couple more years. He'd be perfect for for current Lakers without Luke Walton.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2020 1:58 am    Post subject:

Pelicans are likely out of the playoff race now, so hopefully Zo, BI, and Zion stay healthy. I’d like to see what Zo looks like after finally getting a healthy off season to work on his game.
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2020 3:40 am    Post subject:

Wait till next year Pels.
OCWA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2020 7:53 pm    Post subject:

Just another average game 16/9/8
lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2020 7:36 pm    Post subject:

People have said he's never going to shoot well from outside because he shoots a low avg ft %. He's shooting 38% from 3 on a high volume of shots and has done particularly well in the last week or so.

I never wanted this guy traded and didn't agree with the impatience and hate he experienced. It was only a matter of time before his body matured so he could overcome injuries.
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 8:36 am    Post subject:

Check out these full-court lobs - Zo to Zion
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 8:38 am    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:

The second angle on that second pass . . . my lordy lord
Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 8:46 am    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:
Cutheon wrote:

That was a slow developing transition too, lol. Looking like Jason Kidd and Charles Barkley together
LakersRGolden
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 2:05 pm    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:
Cutheon wrote:

Tell Ball to envision the hoop as a player to lob too on his 3's!

Just kidding. The kid's knocking on 40% from three.
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2020 4:27 pm    Post subject:

saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 2:28 am    Post subject:

Really liking his midrange game so far this season. Having a healthy offseason seems to have helped him develop his game. If he continues to shoot 37% from 3P, hitting mid range consistently to go with his defense and playmaking, that's a pretty good PG in his 4th year. Love watching DLo, ZO and Ingram develop. 😍
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 4:26 pm    Post subject:

I think my initial assessment of him as a rich man's Steve Blake is still very valid.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2020 10:06 am    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:
I think my initial assessment of him as a rich man's Steve Blake is still very valid.

I honestly don't recall seeing enough of Steve Black to compare, but I watched a bit of the Suns vs Pelicans game, and Ball still sucks...

I know that's not an accurate basketball description, but he lacks confidence, scoring skills and is simply not a very good player, he'll be coming off the bench if he is in the league by (about) his 6th year...
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1681, 1682, 1683 ... 1686, 1687, 1688  Next
Page 1682 of 1688
Jump to: