Better Call Saul - Season 3 - Returns April 10th! (Hidden "Spoiler" Inside)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2020 11:44 am    Post subject:

Well it's back on Sunday (and Monday). I'm pumped. I looked at the episode titles and episodes 6 and 10 definitely stick out.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2020 12:48 pm    Post subject:

loslakersss wrote:
Well it's back on Sunday (and Monday). I'm pumped. I looked at the episode titles and episodes 6 and 10 definitely stick out.

Got it on record in case I miss the season opener.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 3:36 pm    Post subject:

Solid opener last night. Not as slow as some of the other season premieres.

He's now full Saul Goodman. Some of the previews for upcoming episodes look great. I'm excited.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 3:42 pm    Post subject:

I'm going to watch last seasons last few episodes to refresh and better understand what's going on now.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:02 am    Post subject:

Man, the back to back nights was a great way to start the season. Saul/Jimmy has pretty much lost all self-awareness and you can see that Kim recognizes that as a problem. It seems like she's the one that's going to pay for it.

Gene "taking care of it himself" is going to be interesting. I heard somewhere - I think Vince Gilligan himself - that the flash forward scenes are only going to be for the season opener. I hope we see more of that soon.

Poor Kaylee. She just wanted to know more about her dad and grandpa Mike lost his s***. I guess the grief and guilt of matter couple with Werner just was too much for him and he blew up.
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:49 pm    Post subject:

Yeah, that was powerful stuff with Mike. It helps that Jonathan Banks looks so frail these days, making the scene even more authentic. Mike is just a broken man at this point. He can't even show affection to his granddaughter.

I like the short cameo by Howard. Saul just dismisses him. Was that scene a fake "oner"? Great stuff by Odenkirk.

Interested to see what happens to Nacho. My only complaint about the episode is how he went into that building, got that stuff, and no one noticed him. I don't expect that stuff from a show like this. But it served the purpose of proving himself to Lalo Salamanca.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:45 pm    Post subject:

loslakersss wrote:
Poor Kaylee. She just wanted to know more about her dad and grandpa Mike lost his s***. I guess the grief and guilt of matter couple with Werner just was too much for him and he blew up.

That was kind of tough to watch....thought Mike would have tried to fix it before mom came home considering how nuts he is over his granddaughter.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:55 am    Post subject:

Nacho got his hooks into Saul AGAIN. What does he want from him? I've forgotten what he had over Saul.

loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:18 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Nacho got his hooks into Saul AGAIN. What does he want from him? I've forgotten what he had over Saul.

It was in the first or second episode when Jimmy got those skateboard kids to scam Tuco's grandma. They blamed Jimmy and he came to get them off the hook. I believe Nacho was involved through Tuco. Then Nacho was going to rob the Kettlemans and got set up for it. So he made Jimmy prove he was innocent.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:40 am    Post subject:

loslakersss wrote:
jodeke wrote:

It was in the first or second episode when Jimmy got those skateboard kids to scam Tuco's grandma. They blamed Jimmy and he came to get them off the hook. I believe Nacho was involved through Tuco. Then Nacho was going to rob the Kettlemans and got set up for it. So he made Jimmy prove he was innocent.

Thanks for the memory jog.

JerryWest_44
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 2:32 pm    Post subject:

I tried to to get into Saul during the first season but I never could get interested. I think I saw the first 6 or so episodes to give the old college try but just didn't click for me.
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 2:49 pm    Post subject:

JerryWest_44 wrote:
I tried to to get into Saul during the first season but I never could get interested. I think I saw the first 6 or so episodes to give the old college try but just didn't click for me.

I'm assuming you got the the Mike flashback episode? I'd say if that didn't hook you then I don't think anything will. But if you haven't seen that episode then you need to. It's one of the best for BCS or BB.
AD23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:24 pm    Post subject:

Thought Kaylee’s mom looked familiar. She was on this past season of Ray Donovan
LarryCoon
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 7:35 am    Post subject:

AD23 wrote:
Thought Kaylee’s mom looked familiar. She was on this past season of Ray Donovan

If you ever saw the HBO show Rome, she was on that.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:52 pm    Post subject:

JerryWest_44 wrote:

That’s too bad. Definitely your loss.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 29, 2020 12:55 pm    Post subject:

Something I have feared from the beginning is that, once he completes the transformation to Saul, he will no longer be as interesting, relative to the other characters like Mike, Nacho, Gus, and even Kim. To me, the transformation was compelling, not the potential of seeing actual Saul Goodman in episode after episode. And I somewhat felt that in the last episode, even though it was still a good one. The stuff surrounding Nacho and Gus was more interesting than Saul stuck in an elevator negotiating plea deals. In Breaking Bad, we got a limited dose of Saul, which was effective. Now we will see him all the time and I'm not particularly looking forward to that. It can get tiring.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 29, 2020 1:04 pm    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:
Something I have feared from the beginning is that, once he completes the transformation to Saul, he will no longer be as interesting, relative to the other characters like Mike, Nacho, Gus, and even Kim. To me, the transformation was interesting, not the potential of seeing actual Saul Goodman in episode after episode. And I somewhat felt that in the last episode, even though it was still a good one. The stuff surrounding Nacho and Gus was more interesting than Saul stuck in an elevator negotiating plea deals. In Breaking Bad, we got a limited dose of Saul, which was effective. Now we will see him all the time and I'm not particularly looking forward to that. It can get tiring.

I can see that. It will all come down to his interactions and who they are with. Part of what made the early seasons great was not just Jimmy's transformation, but the characters around it that influenced it. As long as they keep that in the formula it should continue its excellence.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 1:18 pm    Post subject:

JerryWest_44 wrote:

I did not like the first few episodes as much as most...but I really enjoy the show now that I see how it came together.
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:41 am    Post subject:

The Nacho + his dad scenes are always so sad.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:55 pm    Post subject:

loslakersss wrote:
The Nacho + his dad scenes are always so sad.

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2020 2:53 pm    Post subject:

Does anyone know who was in the picture Mike had taken down?

Lamar's Bud
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2020 3:21 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:

Wasn't it all postcards of places that were hanging there? I thought the one Mike wanted taken down was of the Sydney Opera House.

I'm sure there's a story behind it, but not that has been explained to us yet (I think). With this group of writers, I'd be shocked if we don't learn about it at some point soon.
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2020 3:23 pm    Post subject:

Lamar's Bud wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Wasn't it all postcards of places that were hanging there? I thought the one Mike wanted taken down was of the Sydney Opera House.

I'm sure there's a story behind it, but not that has been explained to us yet (I think). With this group of writers, I'd be shocked if we don't learn about it at some point soon.

Werner told him once that his father helped build it.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2020 5:54 pm    Post subject:

Ripped through Season 4 in two days (yes, I have no life, lol)

Dug it immensely, just wish it wouldn't be so long to wait for Season 5.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2020 6:24 pm    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:
Lamar's Bud wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Werner told him once that his father helped build it.

One of those great details that I loved about that episode. Another thing I got a kick out of was when Kim was on the balcony at the beginning of the episode and Jimmy brings her another beer, he puts the empty bottle on the railing where it sits precariously and you can see that it just totally bugs Kim. Which makes the scene at the end when they start chucking bottles of beer into the parking lot even better. It's that kind of subtle an d detailed storytelling that makes me love BCS.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 12 of 18
Jump to: