Kyrie “mamba jr” Irving

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Snipes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2020 2:35 am    Post subject: Kyrie “mamba jr” Irving

If you really want to see some inspirational basketball being played post Mamba...tune into Brooklyn games. This man is about to go off. Should’ve posted this before his performance tonight but he’s got many more to come.

His attitude reminds me of a young Kobe more than anyone. And he was also probably the closest guy currently in the NBA to Kobe.
ingle
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2020 4:08 am    Post subject:

"About to go off"

Kyrie the mini mamba has hit one of the biggest shots in NBA history already! He's a bona fide superstar and don't let any biased media outlets tell you otherwise!

His game is just beautiful to watch, not the defender or leaper Kobe was but he just moves different.
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2020 7:16 am    Post subject:

Kyrie has been one of my favorite players to watch. He's a killer and the best ball handler in the league. Uncle Drew definitely embodies the Mamba Mentality.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2020 10:42 am    Post subject:

Nothing close to Kobe’s mentality, he showed that by sitting out the game after Kobe died. Good player when his head is on straight, which sometimes is and sometimes isn’t. But nowhere close to Kobe’s mentality.
Snipes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2020 2:11 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Nothing close to Kobe’s mentality, he showed that by sitting out the game after Kobe died. Good player when his head is on straight, which sometimes is and sometimes isn’t. But nowhere close to Kobe’s mentality.

That’s why he is the jr. Agree to disagree he is very close to Kobe. The whole erratic behaviour and everything.
Snipes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2020 2:12 pm    Post subject:

ingle wrote:
"About to go off"

Kyrie the mini mamba has hit one of the biggest shots in NBA history already! He's a bona fide superstar and don't let any biased media outlets tell you otherwise!

His game is just beautiful to watch, not the defender or leaper Kobe was but he just moves different.

I mean even more so I already acknowledge he is great.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2020 12:46 pm    Post subject:

When Kyrie is first to the gym last to leave, watches films to improve his game, makes basketball his number 1 priority, do things Kobe like, I'll dub him Mamba Jr. You don't grow into a Mamba Mentality, you're born with it. IMO Kyrie doesn't have it. Few if any do.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2020 1:16 pm    Post subject:

Unfortunately another injury last night. I hate missing being able to see these talented players because of injury.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2020 2:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Kyrie “mamba jr” Irving

Snipes wrote:
If you really want to see some inspirational basketball being played post Mamba...tune into Brooklyn games. This man is about to go off. Should’ve posted this before his performance tonight but he’s got many more to come.

His attitude reminds me of a young Kobe more than anyone. And he was also probably the closest guy currently in the NBA to Kobe.

Irving's a very good player, but I wouldn't put him in the same stratosphere that you do.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2020 4:42 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
When Kyrie is first to the gym last to leave, watches films to improve his game, makes basketball his number 1 priority, do things Kobe like, I'll dub him Mamba Jr. You don't grow into a Mamba Mentality, you're born with it. IMO Kyrie doesn't have it. Few if any do.

Yep, I agree....so many people want to find the next Kobe, but Dame or Kyrie? Nope, not even close.
Snipes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2020 2:22 am    Post subject: Re: Kyrie “mamba jr” Irving

activeverb wrote:
Snipes wrote:

Irving's a very good player, but I wouldn't put him in the same stratosphere that you do.

What stratosphere is that? I said his attitude and behaviour reminds me a lot of Kobe. That was also his little bro. I never said Kyrie is Kobe.

No player in the NBA has the same level of finesse Kyrie does - that’s exactly how Bean was too.
Snipes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2020 2:23 am    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Yep, I agree....so many people want to find the next Kobe, but Dame or Kyrie? Nope, not even close.

There is no next Kobe.

But the way Kyrie left Lebron to do his own thing..his stubborn attitude..his footwork...his clutch gene all remind me of a young #8.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:21 am    Post subject:

Snipes wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
jodeke wrote:

There is no next Kobe.

But the way Kyrie left Lebron to do his own thing..his stubborn attitude..his footwork...his clutch gene all remind me of a young #8.

Kyrie is the last thing to Kobe in my book.

Guy has found a way to kick/scream his way off two teams, one being a championship caliber one and the other a deep ECF team. Now he's on the Nets and he's often injured or not playing or rubbing his teammates the wrong way. Seems he is just a hard guy to please and not nearly worth the aggravation.

Kobe on the other hand, he was worth it.
moonriver24
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 12:10 am    Post subject:

I don't know if he's got the mamba mentality yet but I have seen some of his Kobe's moves. Yup, he''s got some of the moves to allow him score more in the paint. Now, it will be interesting if the apply the mentality part when Durant is finally healthy.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 7:02 am    Post subject:

Close this ridiculous thread. It’s disrespectful.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2020 2:21 pm    Post subject:

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/28744517/sources-nets-kyrie-irving-considering-surgery-shoulder-impingement
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2020 3:37 pm    Post subject:

Kemba > Kyrie...?
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2020 3:53 am    Post subject:

Injury prone?
BigBoi
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2020 4:52 am    Post subject:

He’s a Kobe disciple, but that’s where it ends until he can recreate 2016 all over again. The key to being Mamba-like is consistency not just having a hot season but stringing together consecutive seasons of excellence over 20 years or a decade at least.
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2020 11:06 pm    Post subject:

i think dame is more kobe like than kyrie.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 6:39 am    Post subject:

There is no Mamba Jr

The only one similar is Jordan.

There is Jordan and Kobe.
Every other 2 guard or scoring guard is not even close.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: