General Professional Boxing Discussion Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 479, 480, 481 ... 512, 513, 514  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2019 10:05 am    Post subject:

ExPatLkrFan wrote:
So is Roberto Duran the father of Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.????

Damn!!! I got that twisted. I was thinking Duran that why I downloaded the second fight...My Bad...

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
ExPatLkrFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2019 6:26 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
ExPatLkrFan wrote:

Damn!!! I got that twisted. I was thinking Duran that why I downloaded the second fight...My Bad...

If you want some real fun check out the Chavez - Haugen fight at Aztec Stadium in Mexico City. In the prefight hype Haugen had said that Chavez had a good record because he fought a bunch of taxi drivers. After the fight he famously said they must have been some pretty good cab drivers. It was an epic beat down of a very good fighter. Merry Christmas!
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2019 9:43 am    Post subject:

ExPatLkrFan wrote:
jodeke wrote:
ExPatLkrFan wrote:

If you want some real fun check out the Chavez - Haugen fight at Aztec Stadium in Mexico City. In the prefight hype Haugen had said that Chavez had a good record because he fought a bunch of taxi drivers. After the fight he famously said they must have been some pretty good cab drivers. It was an epic beat down of a very good fighter. Merry Christmas!

Do you think he'll fight again? If so will he be supported? I wouldn't be surprised if Sr. didn't show up.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2019 11:28 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
doughboy90650 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Crawford's on tonight; ESPN 6:00PST. I don't know anything about Egidijus Kavaliauskas I pulled his boxrec 21 0 1 17 KO's. I'm not an aficionado. I don't know much about his opponents. I look for Bud to shine.

all the 147ers are at PBC, Bud is gonna continue to be looked at as the P4P best but really fighting no one because Top Rank has no one at 47 but Bud.

Do you think PBC would crossover and fight Top Rank fighters or vice versa for the payday?

Crawford had the chance to sign with PBC because thats where all the 47ers are and those fights are so easy to make.

Spence vs. Porter
Spence vs M. Garcia
Broner vs Porter
Thurman vs Porter
Thurman and D. Garcia

Manny goes to PBC ......

Manny vs Thurman
Manny vs Broner

Bud decided to resign with Uncle Bob an now he's fighting the top 47ers in their stable which includes Jose Benavidez, who's biggest name on his resume is Maurcio Herrera and Jorge Paez, Jr. (his name is big because of his dad). He's had 4 fights at 47 and has 4 stoppages but against whom? Kavaliauskas, Khan - who is damaged goods, Benavidez and Jeff Horn who shouldn't have been champion to begin with.

If he really wanted that smoke at 47 and 54, he should have signed with PBC.

Bud could have really been getting paid
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2019 11:37 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Charlo put Harrison out, wow. Harrison was out boxing him, more accurate but Charlo got KO power

Was a great card from start to finish ...... we got there and missed the first six rounder but caught every fight after that and every bout pretty much ended in a stoppage.

Ran into Hitman Hearns, shook hands with Dominic Breazelle after he, my brother and myself all stood at the urinals and washed our hands afterwards. lol

Errol Spence face was obviously still swollen and you could see his teeth were new. We sat right behind the Dirrell boys mother and right behind the family of the olympian Karlos Balderas, who was stopped by Giron. Dude was a sucker for the left hook all night.

That heavyweight fight was crazy and the atmosphere was nuts. Detroit was well represented and Team Charlo was loud too. No fights in the stands but there was plenty of jaw jacking and yapping between both camps.

Great night of boxing.
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2019 11:40 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
ExPatLkrFan wrote:
jodeke wrote:
ExPatLkrFan wrote:

Do you think he'll fight again? If so will he be supported? I wouldn't be surprised if Sr. didn't show up.

There will always be those who will come see him fight but this does not sit well with the best fight fans in boxing, the Mexicans. Whenever Junior went out on his ass and shield, he was cool. Once he quit, you saw the bottle and (bleep) flying everywhere. Dude may be stained for a while but he still have some who will follow just because of who he's attached to.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2019 8:19 am    Post subject:

Pascal vs Jack great fight bell to bell. I thought Jack won it in the championship rounds I had it 114 112 Jack.

governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2019 9:04 am    Post subject:

doughboy90650 wrote:
governator wrote:
Charlo put Harrison out, wow. Harrison was out boxing him, more accurate but Charlo got KO power

Was a great card from start to finish ...... we got there and missed the first six rounder but caught every fight after that and every bout pretty much ended in a stoppage.

Ran into Hitman Hearns, shook hands with Dominic Breazelle after he, my brother and myself all stood at the urinals and washed our hands afterwards. lol

Errol Spence face was obviously still swollen and you could see his teeth were new. We sat right behind the Dirrell boys mother and right behind the family of the olympian Karlos Balderas, who was stopped by Giron. Dude was a sucker for the left hook all night.

That heavyweight fight was crazy and the atmosphere was nuts. Detroit was well represented and Team Charlo was loud too. No fights in the stands but there was plenty of jaw jacking and yapping between both camps.

Great night of boxing.

Dang, u had a great night
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2019 9:49 am    Post subject:

Tank Davis destroyed Yuriorkis Gamboa. I gave Gamboa the 7th round only. It was finally stopped in the 12th. I thought it was a good stoppage. Gamboa had no chance to win. He could have been seriously hurt had the fight continued.

BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2019 5:21 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Tank Davis destroyed Yuriorkis Gamboa. I gave Gamboa the 7th round only. It was finally stopped in the 12th. I thought it was a good stoppage. Gamboa had no chance to win. He could have been seriously hurt had the fight continued.

Kinda saw this coming since Bud already stopped Gamboa years ago. Loma vs. Tank Davis is the fight to make, but i doubt we ever see it with Floyd managing Tank.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2019 12:22 pm    Post subject:

BadGuy wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Kinda saw this coming since Bud already stopped Gamboa years ago. Loma vs. Tank Davis is the fight to make, but i doubt we ever see it with Floyd managing Tank.

Heard rumors that Floyd was going to comeback. If that's true who do you think he'll fight? Another Manny would make millions.

BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2019 12:26 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
BadGuy wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Heard rumors that Floyd was going to comeback. If that's true who do you think he'll fight? Another Manny would make millions.

I don't think Floyd will come back, but I agree he'd probably fight Manny if he did.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2020 12:51 pm    Post subject:

BadGuy wrote:
jodeke wrote:
BadGuy wrote:
jodeke wrote:

I don't think Floyd will come back, but I agree he'd probably fight Manny if he did.

If he comes back and fights Manny I won't buy it. It'll be another snooze fest. Floyd will box the entire contest, I won't call it a fight. Only thing I envision is Manny getting frustrated and running into something. Floyd is a smart business man. He will promote the fight to make a fortune on PPV.

Last edited by jodeke on Mon Jan 06, 2020 3:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2020 1:03 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
BadGuy wrote:
jodeke wrote:
BadGuy wrote:
jodeke wrote:

If he comes back and fights Manny I won't buy it. It'll be another snooze fest. Floyd will box the entire contest, I won't call it a fight. Only thing I envision is Manny getting frustrated and running into something.

Of course it’ll be a snooze fest and of course it’ll be the highest grossing fight of all time, me and you would watch this, we gonna hate paying for and we gonna hate watching it but we’ll still pay
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2020 3:12 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
jodeke wrote:
BadGuy wrote:
jodeke wrote:
BadGuy wrote:
jodeke wrote:

If he comes back and fights Manny I won't buy it. It'll be another snooze fest. Floyd will box the entire contest, I won't call it a fight. Only thing I envision is Manny getting frustrated and running into something.

Of course it’ll be a snooze fest and of course it’ll be the highest grossing fight of all time, me and you would watch this, we gonna hate paying for and we gonna hate watching it but we’ll still pay

I'll watch it the way I watched the Conor McGregor fiasco. A friend set up his garage to seat around 40, 50 people, his den seated another 10, 15. He charged $20 dollars that included food and drink. I think he made a profit.

governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:59 am    Post subject:

https://imgur.com/gallery/ABnCnpe
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:15 pm    Post subject:

Can't wait for Wilder v. Fury 2. I'm thinking Wilder KO. Hearing alot of pre-fight excuses coming from Fury's side.
But Tyson does like to play head games with his opponents. It's pretty much a 50/50 fight. Either Wilder KO or Fury decision.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:25 pm    Post subject:

If Fury is in shape I think he'll box, box, box. If he can avoid Deontay's lethal right he can win a decision.

BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2020 5:53 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Can't wait for Wilder v. Fury 2. I'm thinking Wilder KO. Hearing alot of pre-fight excuses coming from Fury's side.
But Tyson does like to play head games with his opponents. It's pretty much a 50/50 fight. Either Wilder KO or Fury decision.

When Wilder KOs Fury on Saturday night, no one will ever mention the Gypsy bum again; Deontay is going to erase Fury from boxing history and end the whole lineal bs argument.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2020 7:35 am    Post subject:

BadGuy wrote:
kikanga wrote:

When Wilder KOs Fury on Saturday night, no one will ever mention the Gypsy bum again; Deontay is going to erase Fury from boxing history and end the whole lineal bs argument.

yeah, pretty sure Deontay gonna KO Fury, Stiverne 'lasted'12 rds too... KTFO in rd1
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2020 8:32 am    Post subject:

Tyson Fury Gonna Shock Da World!!! If he can stay away from Wilder's lethal right hand.

Stiverne went 12 rounds with Wilder twice and he's no where near the boxer Fury is.

kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:52 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Tyson Fury Gonna Shock Da World!!! If he can stay away from Wilder's lethal right hand.

Stiverne went 12 rounds with Wilder twice and he's no where near the boxer Fury is.

Stiverne got KO'd in the 1st round the 2nd time they fought.
Ortiz lasted 10 rounds the first time. But was done in round 7 the second time around.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:59 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Ortiz lasted 10 rounds the first time. But was done in round 7 the second time around.

I stand corrected. I read Stiverne's BoxRec wrong. I may be the only one in the thread who thinks Fury has a chance to beat Wilder.

kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2020 12:03 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
kikanga wrote:
jodeke wrote:

I stand corrected. I read Stiverne's BoxRec wrong. I may be the only one in the thread who thinks Fury has a chance to beat Wilder.

Oh I think Fury could win. He's a great boxer. Best boxer of the heavyweights. I just favor Wilder's power. 95% knockout percentage.
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2020 12:33 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
kikanga wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Most boxers favor Fury because of his style, and I can definitely see Fury winning if he avoids the canvas. My dad is favoring Fury, and he's watched probably twice as much boxing as me. However, Fury was put down twice in the first fight while miraculously getting up the second time, so I don't think his chances of surviving get better in the second fight after going life and death with a bum in his most recent fight.

Fury is not an Andre Ward level boxer, who has incredible IQ, heart, and timing (with sneaky power). Fury has good (not great, but appears great for his size) movement and a minuscule reach advantage of two inches (85" to 83" for Wilder), and that's about it. Most of the time, Fury doesn't plant his feet or stay stationary enough for his power to seriously hurt or stop Wilder from hunting him down, and, if Fury does plant his feet to throw bombs (and he will have to at some point in the fight), Wilder will gladly trade and finish him.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 479, 480, 481 ... 512, 513, 514  Next
Page 480 of 514
Jump to: