+++ Los Angeles Lakers vs Denver Nuggets (02/12/20) Gm#53 +++
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 47, 48, 49

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 05 Nov 2007
Posts: 18665

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:35 am    Post subject:

ksmgf wrote:
17-1 road record Vs Western conference. That is pretty damn impressive


And next road game when we come back is at GS. This is an all-time record. You may think, yeah, it's a little contrived only counting the in-conf road games in a streak, but these Lakers had already done it before the AS break and none of the 69, 69, 72, 73 teams did it at all in those entire seasons, not to mention any other of the myriad of great teams in NBA history. It's these 2020 Lakers who did it. Explain that one. Of all the teams that have ever finished a season.......it's the 2020 Lakaz and already by Feb.

First time we won both games at DEN since 2003 when they were 17-65. Only one of our title or Finals teams (2002) did the same, so it's not an easy feat. It's not an easy feat to have won both at POR, DEN, DAL, OKC, and SA with a chance to add more to the list. Maybe 2-3 such sweeps can be hoped for when you get the schedule in August, but 5 already, and some historically tough venues for us. Interesting why the hell we're this good on the road compared to home. We have 7 home losses, but those plus a handful of other lackadaisical wins. I hope we don't get down to May/June and all this road healthiness doesn't translate to sh against LAC/MIL.

Our two best overall games of the year were at DAL sans AD and at OKC sans Brawn,AD,Green. The road must give these lads the pook in the butt they need to bring their A games. They have to try not to slog thru entire home games even against good opponents.
_________________
GOAT MAGIC REEL
SEDALE TRIBUTE
EDDIE DONX!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
AJ
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 02 Jul 2018
Posts: 378

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:50 am    Post subject:

Anyone else watch on ESPN notice on occasion the audio from the mikes cracking? I have OCD and I noticed it quite often, more so than your average espn telecast. Also the camera glitch to start the telecast when it was an areal view of downtown.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 52119
Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered intelligent.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:09 am    Post subject:

I'm not being a Debbie Downer just the facts. Denver was not at full strength. We were at full strength and had to go to overtime to beat them. What do you glean from that?
_________________
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Your prayers are always answered. Sometimes the answer is NO.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 10 Nov 2016
Posts: 12038

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:26 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
I'm not being a Debbie Downer just the facts. Denver was not at full strength. We were at full strength and had to go to overtime to beat them. What do you glean from that?


This is from the Ye of little faith guy j/k.

It’s a fair point, but it’s not like it wouldn’t take shots away from other guys. I would be interested to see what having Porter would have done. His prototype is the one that gives Lakers fits.

Plumlee/Barton would have just taken shots and minutes from other guys Jokic, Murray, Morris etc.
_________________
Klutch Angeles Lakers
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
TMG
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 02 Jan 2019
Posts: 2538

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:34 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
I'm not being a Debbie Downer just the facts. Denver was not at full strength. We were at full strength and had to go to overtime to beat them. What do you glean from that?


And what about when we beat them at Denver when they were at full strength? They beat us when we didn't have Lebron. At least they had all of their star players available for this game. I dont care if they were missing impact players bottom line is the stars were playing and our stars are better than theirs. It's never easy to win in Denver this team deserves praise for doing it twice
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LBJ23
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Jun 2015
Posts: 5655

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:48 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
I'm not being a Debbie Downer just the facts. Denver was not at full strength. We were at full strength and had to go to overtime to beat them. What do you glean from that?


Teams can never count on being full strength heading into the playoffs. It is part of the game, we saw that in the Finals last season and Toronto isn't giving that trophy back.
_________________
Previously PG13
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 52119
Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered intelligent.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:09 am    Post subject:

PEOPLE PEOPLE,,,Thank you for your opinions. I've been a die hard Lakers fan since 1960. Ima ride dis bus till da wheels fall off.

We have the makings to bring the Larry O'Brien to Staples. For me this is a WIN IT ALL OR NONE season.

My angst has become Vogel and his rotations and lack of IMO using his best players. I'm befuddled by his use of Caruso.
_________________
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Your prayers are always answered. Sometimes the answer is NO.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 10 Nov 2016
Posts: 12038

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:12 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
My angst has become Vogel and his rotations and lack of IMO using his best players. I'm befuddled by his use of Caruso.


Your angst is justified.

Playing Rondo
Playing lineups with 3 non-shooters when one of them is Rondo
Kuzma/Rondo combo
Etc.

It can be the difference between losing a playoff game and/or series.
_________________
Klutch Angeles Lakers
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 26 Dec 2012
Posts: 39445

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:18 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
PEOPLE PEOPLE,,,Thank you for your opinions. I've been a die hard Lakers fan since 1960. Ima ride dis bus till da wheels fall off.

We have the makings to bring the Larry O'Brien to Staples. For me this is a WIN IT ALL OR NONE season.

My angst has become Vogel and his rotations and lack of IMO using his best players. I'm befuddled by his use of Caruso.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 02 Jul 2015
Posts: 26742

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:34 am    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
ksmgf wrote:
17-1 road record Vs Western conference. That is pretty damn impressive


And next road game when we come back is at GS. This is an all-time record. You may think, yeah, it's a little contrived only counting the in-conf road games in a streak, but these Lakers had already done it before the AS break and none of the 69, 69, 72, 73 teams did it at all in those entire seasons, not to mention any other of the myriad of great teams in NBA history. It's these 2020 Lakers who did it. Explain that one. Of all the teams that have ever finished a season.......it's the 2020 Lakaz and already by Feb.

First time we won both games at DEN since 2003 when they were 17-65. Only one of our title or Finals teams (2002) did the same, so it's not an easy feat. It's not an easy feat to have won both at POR, DEN, DAL, OKC, and SA with a chance to add more to the list. Maybe 2-3 such sweeps can be hoped for when you get the schedule in August, but 5 already, and some historically tough venues for us. Interesting why the hell we're this good on the road compared to home. We have 7 home losses, but those plus a handful of other lackadaisical wins. I hope we don't get down to May/June and all this road healthiness doesn't translate to sh against LAC/MIL.

Our two best overall games of the year were at DAL sans AD and at OKC sans Brawn,AD,Green. The road must give these lads the pook in the butt they need to bring their A games. They have to try not to slog thru entire home games even against good opponents.

Great stuff.
_________________
https://youtube.com/watch?v=t3jKtjgRZQY
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 14 Apr 2001
Posts: 137247
Location: The Gold Coast

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:40 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
I'm not being a Debbie Downer just the facts. Denver was not at full strength. We were at full strength and had to go to overtime to beat them. What do you glean from that?


Good road win no matter what. I think that both teams learned a lot about each other.
_________________
“I loved playing music to his words” - John Densmore on Jim Morrison
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 52119
Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered intelligent.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:29 am    Post subject:

LonzoLegend2 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Our bench won this one despite Vogel.


Naw blame our high school level free throw percentage. Easy 10 point victory if LeDwight focused more from that spot.

But But But, we won!!! Dwight's not the reason for our losses. Remember Hack-A-Shaq?

It's not like he's not trying to improve his free throw shooting. He changed his delivery, foot positions, routine before the shot, distance from the line. He's trying any and every thing. He's shooting .438 he's just not a free throw shooter. His best year was 2004-05 .671.
_________________
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Your prayers are always answered. Sometimes the answer is NO.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 28 Jan 2006
Posts: 15311

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:33 pm    Post subject:

For real tho, feels like JVG is on a quest to proof LeBron got refs preferential calls, every game
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 52119
Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered intelligent.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 6:38 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
For real tho, feels like JVG is on a quest to proof LeBron got refs preferential calls, every game


Listening to Get Up this morning. Doris Burke said LeBron is averaging a career low in FT attempted. If that's so JVG is talking out the side of his neck.
_________________
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Your prayers are always answered. Sometimes the answer is NO.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 16 Apr 2001
Posts: 10585
Location: Stay Thirsty my Friends

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 4:27 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
I'm not being a Debbie Downer just the facts. Denver was not at full strength. We were at full strength and had to go to overtime to beat them. What do you glean from that?


HA...! And wahat about the lone Laker Western Conference Road Loss - Lakers were missing Caruso...!
_________________
“Always remember... Rumors are carried by haters, spread by fools, and accepted by idiots.”
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 16 Apr 2001
Posts: 10585
Location: Stay Thirsty my Friends

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 4:33 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
governator wrote:
For real tho, feels like JVG is on a quest to proof LeBron got refs preferential calls, every game


Listening to Get Up this morning. Doris Burke said LeBron is averaging a career low in FT attempted. If that's so JVG is talking out the side of his neck.


Well, that is easy enough to check.. Go to this Link:

https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/j/jamesle01.html

He is averaging 5.4 FTA per game (this season)
Next lowest was his first year: 5.8
Career average: 8.0

Could he not be getting the calls from Ref's?
or
Is he taking more open shots as opposed to driving to the basket?
or
a combination of the two?

The real problem here is listening to and quoting JVG...(lol)
_________________
“Always remember... Rumors are carried by haters, spread by fools, and accepted by idiots.”
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 52119
Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered intelligent.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 5:37 pm    Post subject:

unleasHell wrote:
jodeke wrote:
governator wrote:
For real tho, feels like JVG is on a quest to proof LeBron got refs preferential calls, every game


Listening to Get Up this morning. Doris Burke said LeBron is averaging a career low in FT attempted. If that's so JVG is talking out the side of his neck.


Well, that is easy enough to check.. Go to this Link:

https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/j/jamesle01.html

He is averaging 5.4 FTA per game (this season)
Next lowest was his first year: 5.8
Career average: 8.0

Could he not be getting the calls from Ref's?
or
Is he taking more open shots as opposed to driving to the basket?
or
a combination of the two?

The real problem here is listening to and quoting JVG...(lol)


Hey, I want Jeff to be our coach so Dwight can drag him across the floor holding on to his leg. LINK
_________________
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Your prayers are always answered. Sometimes the answer is NO.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 47, 48, 49
Page 49 of 49
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB