The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1383, 1384, 1385 ... 2077, 2078, 2079  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:14 am    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
LandsbergerRules wrote:
epic_ wrote:
Just imagine when he turns on playoff mode.

He went to the hoop hard many times, dove for loose balls, and played over 40 min against one of the best teams in the west. I think that was already playoff mode.

It was.
Now imagine when he turns it on and leaves it on.

drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:15 pm    Post subject:

Also, these possessions may get lost in the ether of last night's win, but LeBron had two pretty big defensive possessions on Jokic after switching onto him.

On the first, he played Jokic tight, held his ground, and Jokic tried to draw a shooting foul by leaning in & throwing up the shot. Correct no call. On the 2nd one he forced a miss, but was called for the loose ball foul fending off Jokic w/ his off arm for the rebound.

LeBron's ability to switch onto bigger players defensively is an X-factor that rarely shows up in the regular season, but could be huge in the playoffs. Particularly in matchups where AD might be forced onto a "power" wing type of player defensively.

https://twitter.com/forumbluegold/status/1228008207034900481

Play Lebron at the 5 more
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:16 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
For a supposed high IQ player the guy can sure play dumb in crunch time. My respect for NFL QBs grew immensely last night in the 4th and OT.

I was not a fan of his heat check 40 foot 3 as the 11 point lead was dropping. And I'd rather he take it to the bucket on last plays instead of settling for jumpers.

But his overall play certainly trumps his mistakes IMO.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:18 pm    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
For a supposed high IQ player the guy can sure play dumb in crunch time. My respect for NFL QBs grew immensely last night in the 4th and OT.

I was not a fan of his heat check 40 foot 3 as the 11 point lead was dropping. And I'd rather he take it to the bucket on last plays instead of settling for jumpers.

He wants to end his career as Lebron Curry
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:32 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
Also, these possessions may get lost in the ether of last night's win, but LeBron had two pretty big defensive possessions on Jokic after switching onto him.

On the first, he played Jokic tight, held his ground, and Jokic tried to draw a shooting foul by leaning in & throwing up the shot. Correct no call. On the 2nd one he forced a miss, but was called for the loose ball foul fending off Jokic w/ his off arm for the rebound.

LeBron's ability to switch onto bigger players defensively is an X-factor that rarely shows up in the regular season, but could be huge in the playoffs. Particularly in matchups where AD might be forced onto a "power" wing type of player defensively.

So (bleep) spoiled some of us are

I expected to come here after the game and see people going crazy about how much of a BEAST LeBron was when it counted.. Jokic is 7' 250 ... Bronnie Sr. ragdolled him for that rebound

I still think many many fans forget that opposing teams on day one when receiving the schedule look for Lakers games and XXX those games as FIGHT TIME National TV spotlight... GAME 7 attitudes
LuciusAllen
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:36 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:

Well, he is a human, with an ego.

Kobe, Magic, Bird, etc - all geniuses, and all of them made mistakes at basketball, borne out of their supreme confidence, sometimes in crunch time. It happens.
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:37 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
epic_ wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

big part of the issue here is he is freaken exhausted of carrying the load so he takes possessions off by jacking up a jump shot over attacking the paint. Even come play off time the man is freaken 35... he needs more rest in these games so he can attack more relentlessly when he's on the court.
Rose would have been a godsend for this team as a rim attacker while Lebron is resting.
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:44 pm    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:
drae wrote:
epic_ wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

big part of the issue here is he is freaken exhausted of carrying the load so he takes possessions off by jacking up a jump shot over attacking the paint. Even come play off time the man is freaken 35... he needs more rest in these games so he can attack more relentlessly when he's on the court.
Rose would have been a godsend for this team as a rim attacker while Lebron is resting.

So true.

We got a nice buffer in the west (can't use the word "gap", seems a bit pervy to me haha). I think you need to either start capping Bron/AD's minutes some (unless its a statement game) or just have them sit out games now going into the home stretch.

If there is anything we learned from this regular season so far, we only go as far as Bron takes us.
manlisten
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:31 pm    Post subject:

That's what it looks like when LeBron actually exerts himself and takes it to another level. He's getting ready to shift gears.
It was reminiscent of one of those Most Interesting Man in the World advertisements: "I don't always shoot 6-for-28 from the field, but when I do, I become the youngest player in league history to score 28,000 career points."
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:44 pm    Post subject:

manlisten wrote:
That's what it looks like when LeBron actually exerts himself and takes it to another level. He's getting ready to shift gears.

I got the feeling Lebron throttled back a bit after his groin scare in December. He noticeably took his foot off the gas a bit
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:12 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
manlisten wrote:

I got the feeling Lebron throttled back a bit after his groin scare in December. He noticeably took his foot off the gas a bit

Held my breath for a few seconds there after he dove for that loose ball last night...
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:16 pm    Post subject:

I still remember when Lebron took an elbow from Brevin Knight, diving for a loose ball. He was laid out on the court, unconscious, for what felt like ten minutes. He was like twenty years old back then, wow how time flies.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:18 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
manlisten wrote:

No doubt about it. Both him and AD I think throttled it back a bit the last while. As long as we don't have some catastrophic collapse after the all star break they should both get plenty of rest going into the Playoffs which wont be good news for whoever we play.
Lonzo-Lite
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 2:26 am    Post subject:

LeBron’s All-Star post game talking about Kobe:

lar9149
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 11:02 am    Post subject:

I think I saw the differences in Lebrons leadership versus other players in the all star game.

When the game was close in the fourth I saw him yelling and talking to his players surrounded in a circle listening to him. AD I think said a few the ts too. It didn’t matter they were all stars they listen to him.

And I saw Giannis on the other side just sitting and resting.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 11:17 am    Post subject:

lar9149 wrote:
I think I saw the differences in Lebrons leadership versus other players in the all star game.

When the game was close in the fourth I saw him yelling and talking to his players surrounded in a circle listening to him. AD I think said a few the ts too. It didn’t matter they were all stars they listen to him.

you cant do that lazy comparison. 1 is 35years old and other is 25years old.

a decade difference between 2
lar9149
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 2:27 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
lar9149 wrote:

c

I didn't expand on my comment but you already said it. Lebron has done so many things that his rep gets the respect from players. Giannis can't do something like that because he hasn't done enough yet. He wouldn't not be able to get a group of players like that to listen in the fashion. Leadership like that has to be earned.
GTL
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 2:30 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
lar9149 wrote:

Kobe at 25 was barking orders to vets. Didn't matter how old his contemporaries were.

LeBron in my opinion was the clear leader on the court in that 4th quarter.

I do want to mention, I'm a big fan of Giannis, and think he's a stud, so in no way am I claiming he isn't a leader. I just felt last night LBJ had the slight edge in competitiveness over him despite Giannis having the stat edge.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 3:09 pm    Post subject:

ContagiousInspiration wrote:
drae wrote:

I expected to come here after the game and see people going crazy about how much of a BEAST LeBron was when it counted.. Jokic is 7' 250 ... Bronnie Sr. ragdolled him for that rebound

I still think many many fans forget that opposing teams on day one when receiving the schedule look for Lakers games and XXX those games as FIGHT TIME National TV spotlight... GAME 7 attitudes

Not going to lie fellas. Back in the day, when I saw Lebron get switched on Pau...Pau had nothing for him. Couldn't budge him. I didn't want to admit it. Since then I've paid more attention and I've seriously NEVER seen a guy successfully back down Lebron. At best a cheap foul gets called. The overwhelming majority wouldn't even dare.
Brawn13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 3:56 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
drae wrote:

Not going to lie fellas. Back in the day, when I saw Lebron get switched on Pau...Pau had nothing for him. Couldn't budge him. I didn't want to admit it. Since then I've paid more attention and I've seriously NEVER seen a guy successfully back down Lebron. At best a cheap foul gets called. The overwhelming majority wouldn't even dare.

To score on Lebron in the post...backing him down with raw strength probably won’t work for 99% of the league if he’s trying.

Using fakes and footwork to get around his body or shooting over the top are the only way to score on him if he’s dead set on not letting a player back him down.

He may have lost a lot of quickness in his old age but he’s still damn strong.
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 4:07 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
drae wrote:

Would love to see Zion give it a shot. Talk about unstoppable force meeting immovable object, sheesh
GTL
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 4:11 pm    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
drae wrote:

Would love to see Zion give it a shot. Talk about unstoppable force meeting immovable object, sheesh

This guy did it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7De26SiEzI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i023gz7n3QY

He had to arc that shot high to get it over his overstretched reach.

LBJ is an underrated defender in the sense that he can defend any position if he wants to.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 4:25 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
lar9149 wrote:

It's also a matter of personality. Giannis is a low key guy who isn't likely to get in people's face. He's more of a lead-by-example Duncan type. I don't know that one approach is really more effective than the other (how the heck could you even determine that?) The in-you-face approach is just more noticeable.
lar9149
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 8:23 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
lar9149 wrote:

It's also a matter of personality. Giannis is a low key guy who isn't likely to get in people's face. He's more of a lead-by-example Duncan type. I don't know that one approach is really more effective than the other (how the heck could you even determine that?) The in-you-face approach is just more noticeable.

I agree can’t easily compare. I think I may have errored On my post by comparing Lebron and Giannis. Giannis is a good leader.

It was simply to point out a luxury it is to have a leader like LeBron that even guys like Harden and Kawhi will listen to.
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:26 am    Post subject:

If the Lakers make it to the Finals, it will likely be the 8th time Lebron has been the betting underdog to win the chip. Crazy when you think of the great players he's had along his career.

Last edited by PenG_ on Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1383, 1384, 1385 ... 2077, 2078, 2079  Next
Page 1384 of 2079
Jump to: