The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1382, 1383, 1384 ... 2077, 2078, 2079  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:58 pm    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Quote:
LeBron NETrtg by halves against the Clippers (2 games)

1st half: +19.7 NETrtg
2nd half: -26.7 NETrtg

https://twitter.com/justrycole/status/1227643044616237057?s=21

Interesting stat. It demonstrates the strategy to wear him out with multiple defenders over 4 quarters.

It also shows that Lebron needs to be more aggressive early on. In both games he did not really try to score until later in the game.

Thing with being a great championship level PG, and Lebron has the talent to be that. You have to know when to be looking for teammates as a set up guy, but also when to look for your own shot (and how). Too many times this season Lebron has not looked enough for his own shot early on in the game, only to be ice cold late in the game or simply unable to put his fingerprints on the game.

It is a very very tough role to win a championship in, to be both the teams primary PG and also the primary scorer down the stretch. I think AD is as good as 1st option he can find in the league early on in a game, but you have to have your guards close out the game. The ball will run through them, not AD or the bigs.

This is where Lebron can still get to another level as a player. He has thus far been a bit shy of what he can be at his best in these sort of games.

Thing is I think he’s trying to score in the 4th but isn’t quick enough to get past Beverly or even PG.

They need to strategize how to free him up. AD PnR, Dwight PnR, him getting a running start and receiving a pass, posting up etc.

The teams that have the personnel to stay in front of Lebron at point of attack have neutralized him and generally it ends in an L for that game.

When he can’t get past the defenders of the opponent, he shoots his fade 3 and then you are just hoping it goes in. Seems to go in against the lesser teams but clank against the better teams.

He should post up every time against Beverly but I think posting up wears him down as well. That's why he needs his stamina.

He doesn't have the footwork for a consistent post game. I'd rather he just be aggressive and attack. Even if it results in mid range jumpers. The stagnation late in games is killing us. You've got a great set of rebounders, just take the damn shot.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 1:01 pm    Post subject:

vasashi17+ wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
vasashi17+ wrote:
The Lakers have been staggering the minutes of LeBron James and Anthony Davis, but the minutes with James off the floor continue to be a struggle. In Davis' 441 minutes with James on the bench, the Lakers have been outscored by 7.2 points per 100 possessions (by 15 per 100 over the nine games since Davis' return from a five-game absence), and Davis and Kuzma have combined to shoot 22-for-88 (25%) from 3-point range.

James has shot just 4-for-24 on clutch 3-pointers, the third worst mark among 49 players who have attempted at least 15.

#GassedKing

The last stat doesn’t concern me too much.

The first part of your post is very much a concern. But thats an indictment on our coaching staff IMO.

The last part is James just load-managing in game imo.

I agree that the coaching has to be more creative when the focal point becomes Davis with James on the bench. We've seen it a bit with Kuzma and Bradley taking the ball up court and having James weakside, but that is with him on the court. We need to do more to keep him off the court.

Yup. Re the last stat — Lebron only ever seems to take 3s as a last resort. When the clock is down near zero, etc. Sure, I’d like it to be better than 4-24 but in crunch time, he rarely looks to shoot 3 as a first resort or due to a designed play. It seems to me like it is often to get a shot off which is why I am not too concerned about it.

Now Danny Green shooting poorly, that would concern me.
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 1:05 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
vasashi17+ wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
vasashi17+ wrote:
The Lakers have been staggering the minutes of LeBron James and Anthony Davis, but the minutes with James off the floor continue to be a struggle. In Davis' 441 minutes with James on the bench, the Lakers have been outscored by 7.2 points per 100 possessions (by 15 per 100 over the nine games since Davis' return from a five-game absence), and Davis and Kuzma have combined to shoot 22-for-88 (25%) from 3-point range.

James has shot just 4-for-24 on clutch 3-pointers, the third worst mark among 49 players who have attempted at least 15.

#GassedKing

The first part of your post is very much a concern. But thats an indictment on our coaching staff IMO.

I agree that the coaching has to be more creative when the focal point becomes Davis with James on the bench. We've seen it a bit with Kuzma and Bradley taking the ball up court and having James weakside, but that is with him on the court. We need to do more to keep him off the court.

Yup. Re the last stat — Lebron only ever seems to take 3s as a last resort. When the clock is down near zero, etc. Sure, I’d like it to be better than 4-24 but in crunch time, he rarely looks to shoot 3 as a first resort or due to a designed play. It seems to me like it is often to get a shot off which is why I am not too concerned about it.

I would even go as far as to say, his legs are tired which impacts those 4th quarter long balls. Hence, #GassedKing
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 2:13 pm    Post subject:

vasashi17+ wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
vasashi17+ wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
vasashi17+ wrote:

#GassedKing

I would even go as far as to say, his legs are tired which impacts those 4th quarter long balls. Hence, #GassedKing

The data doesn't support those conclusions. He shoots his highest percentage from 3pt range in the 4th quarter. And his net rating more than doubles in the 4th quarter from the 3rd quarter.

This in spite of his usage being the highest in the 4th quarter.

I will say though ... he does have his lowest overall FG% in the 4th quarter but only by a hair (0.4%) and it is still respectable at 45.4%. Not like he falls off a cliff.
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 2:27 pm    Post subject:

Totally get where you’re coming from Ring in terms of his production, but I’m more concerned with the amount of run. Look at total minutes played in the 4th...

https://on.nba.com/2SncjZN

Now consider that most of the guys ahead of him in 4th quarter mins have played more games. Only CJ is comparable in playing 48 games like Bron and in that regard Bron has only played 28 fewer 4th quarter minutes than that 28 y/o. Bron is playing heavy in the 4th, despite multiple routes we had during the season. I’m afraid it’s all going to catch up the deeper we go into the playoffs.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:48 pm    Post subject:

vasashi17+ wrote:
Totally get where you’re coming from Ring in terms of his production, but I’m more concerned with the amount of run. Look at total minutes played in the 4th...

https://on.nba.com/2SncjZN

Now consider that most of the guys ahead of him in 4th quarter mins have played more games. Only CJ is comparable in playing 48 games like Bron and in that regard Bron has only played 28 fewer 4th quarter minutes than that 28 y/o. Bron is playing heavy in the 4th, despite multiple routes we had during the season. I’m afraid it’s all going to catch up the deeper we go into the playoffs.

I too would like to reduce his minutes. But the way to do that is for the coaching staff to get the team to play better, not to just simply sit Lebron and keep doing what we're doing because we are the worst offense in the league when he does.
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:59 pm    Post subject:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=goNuL2CWWTk

Inside the Green Room with a Kobe special on Spectrum live right now.

Quinn Cook and Danny talking about how LeBron got all the guys in the plane and lead a powerful team prayer for Kobe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:07 pm    Post subject:

How do the coaches “get the team to play better” when the team is built to support one guy and his style of play?

James is the focal point. The ball is going to be in his hands and he stagnant when he is not aggressive. With James we have to accept the good with the bad. Just using tonight as an example, one quarter he is relentless to the basket the next quarter he is settling for long threes and off balance jumpers.

Team will not suddenly run a different system efficiently when he is out.

Lakers will only be as successful as James is aggressive and plays too many mins. When he does he is pretty damn good. They will need to ride him into the dirt in the playoffs. After the final win he can be put out to pasture. Just one more race to be won!
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:00 am    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
How do the coaches “get the team to play better” when the team is built to support one guy and his style of play?

James is the focal point. The ball is going to be in his hands and he stagnant when he is not aggressive. With James we have to accept the good with the bad. Just using tonight as an example, one quarter he is relentless to the basket the next quarter he is settling for long threes and off balance jumpers.

Lakers will only be as successful as James is aggressive and plays too many mins. When he does he is pretty damn good. They will need to ride him into the dirt in the playoffs. After the final win he can be put out to pasture. Just one more race to be won!

What style of play is that?... Not rocket science to see why the team struggles without Lebron. I don't think it has to do anything with his style of play. If that's the case, why is Rondo on the roster?
eureca
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:19 am    Post subject:

eureca wrote:
Remember that dunk on Bjelica? That transition dunk against the mavs in the 4th quarter? I think it was on Dorian Finney-Smith. The dunk on Gorgui Dieng?

It is concerning that all those happened in November and early December before he battled a groin injury again in late December
. He is still playing outstanding of course. He still throws down some sick dunks. Feels different than how he was driving and dunking on people early in the season.

That is what's concerning about not getting another playmaker. We need to rest Lebron more. If Rondo didn't just go through the motions most games then there would be more confidence in Lebron sitting out a Warriors/Suns game.

I posted that yesterday. I think he heard me.

kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:39 am    Post subject:

Denver has no answers for him. They are my dream second round matchup for us. That's a 4 or 5 game series.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:40 am    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:

That's why Vogel kept pushing Rondo out there. He tried to turn Rondo into a mini Lebron so when Lebron sits, the offense doesn't become stagnant. Unfortunately, Rondo aged like a typical NBA player so he's into father time. He just couldn't contribute anymore. Fortunately, Alex "the GOAT" Caruso could somewhat fill the role meant for Rondo.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:42 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Denver has no answers for him. They are my dream second round matchup for us. That's a 4 or 5 game series.

They could control their own seeding by trying to finish with 2nd best record. If Lakers and Nuggets finish one two, then we're not gonna meet in the 2nd round. So we kinda have to root for the Clippers and the Jazz to win more games. Beating the Nuggets today could become quite significant as it could help our causes down the road.

I don't care about homecourt advantage but I do care about seeding and matchups so if we get Denver in the 2nd round, it would increase our chances of advancing further.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:53 am    Post subject:

Just imagine when he turns on playoff mode.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:15 am    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:

He went to the hoop hard many times, dove for loose balls, and played over 40 min against one of the best teams in the west. I think that was already playoff mode.
ZeroDark30_
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:54 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:

I agree. If they make it to the conference finals we take that series in 4 or a gentlemen’s sweep. Any team that has no answer for LeBron will really struggle against the Lakers.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:31 am    Post subject:

James went on to lead L.A. with 32 points, 14 assists and 12 rebounds to notch his 12th triple-double of the season and keep pace with Luka Doncic of the Dallas Mavericks for the league lead. It was James' 20th triple-double since he joined the Lakers, making him just the fourth player in team history to record that many, joining Magic Johnson, Elgin Baylor and Kobe Bryant, according to research by the Elias Sports Bureau.
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:02 am    Post subject:

LandsbergerRules wrote:
epic_ wrote:

He went to the hoop hard many times, dove for loose balls, and played over 40 min against one of the best teams in the west. I think that was already playoff mode.

Agreed. He brought that spicy mustard to the dinner table last night
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:45 am    Post subject:

For a supposed high IQ player the guy can sure play dumb in crunch time. My respect for NFL QBs grew immensely last night in the 4th and OT.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:47 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
For a supposed high IQ player the guy can sure play dumb in crunch time. My respect for NFL QBs grew immensely last night in the 4th and OT.

this is what u got about LeBron from last night game? lol
lar9149
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:06 am    Post subject:

Props to Lebron also for guarding Jovic at the end. Shows his continued dedication to defense. They were milking Jovic on the switch. And went Jovic attacked Lebron Lebron did a good job holding him off.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:27 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
James went on to lead L.A. with 32 points, 14 assists and 12 rebounds to notch his 12th triple-double of the season and keep pace with Luka Doncic of the Dallas Mavericks for the league lead. It was James' 20th triple-double since he joined the Lakers, making him just the fourth player in team history to record that many, joining Magic Johnson, Elgin Baylor and Kobe Bryant, according to research by the Elias Sports Bureau.

Pretty crazy stat, considering Lebron has been in LA colors for a year and half only, and missed a significant amount of last season with the groin injury.

Thought Lebron played with that extra gear this game, and hoping that is the gear he has on during the playoff tougher games.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:08 am    Post subject:

LandsbergerRules wrote:
epic_ wrote:

It was.
Now imagine when he turns it on and leaves it on.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
TMG
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:29 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:

Translation - I hold Lebron James to a standard i dont hold anybody else to and when he has a good game im going to find something bad to say about him and act like im objective about it. We need to trade this guy already clearly he's terrible. Im actually half serious about this. Lebron is splitting this forum up lol.
Brawn13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:40 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:

Ok Glass half empty guy
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1382, 1383, 1384 ... 2077, 2078, 2079  Next
Page 1383 of 2079
Jump to: