+++ Los Angeles Lakers vs Denver Nuggets (02/12/20) Gm#53 +++
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 47, 48, 49  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Killakobe81
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:24 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
I wish AD had a bully game. His game is more finesse.

He had a stretch in the second quarter where he punished smaller defenders. But he is a finesse big but it worked for Pau. Not everybody can play bullyball like Bron or Shaq.
JPaulK0n
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:26 pm    Post subject:

In a playoff type of game, Green & Kuzma didn't play in crunch time and OT, as they didn't offer much when they weren't hitting shots. In a big spot, Vogel went away from Rondo in the 2nd and 4th quarter, actually going with Caruso. Team was actually tested tonight and they could have mailed it in when they were down double digits until Monte Morris trash talking Bron woke up the team. Lakers now are 5 games up in the loss column on the 2nd seed Nuggets, which is a nice cushion to have with 29 games left in the season.

Last edited by JPaulK0n on Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:27 pm    Post subject:

Killakobe81 wrote:
jodeke wrote:

He had a stretch in the second quarter where he punished smaller defenders. But he is a finesse big but it worked for Pau. Not everybody can play bullyball like Bron or Shaq.

He's really physical on defense even if he defaults to finesse on offense. Pau tended to be "soft" on both ends.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:31 pm    Post subject:

JPaulK0n wrote:
In a playoff type of game, Green & Kuzma didn't play in crunch time and OT, as they didn't offer much when they weren't hitting shots. In a big spot, Vogel went away from Rondo in the 2nd and 4th quarter, actually going with Caruso. Team was actually tested tonight and they could have mailed it in when they were down double digits until Monte Morris trash talking Bron woke up the team. Lakers now are 5 games up in the loss column on the 2nd seed Nuggets, which is a good cushion to have with 29 games left in the season.

I think Green will be there closing over Bradley in certain situations, but Denver has smaller guards on the perimeter and AB has been on a hot shooting streak, so it made sense to go with him ocer Danny. I expect KCP will be part of any closing lineup unless his shooting tails off.

So what it really says to me (feel free to disagree) is that AB, Caruso, DG, and KCP should be fixations in 4th Q lineups in the playoffs while Kuz has a chance to still earn meaningful minutes.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:32 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
Killakobe81 wrote:
jodeke wrote:

He's really physical on defense even if he defaults to finesse on offense. Pau tended to be "soft" on both ends.

Good point. I hadn't thought of him that way. He's fierce defender. He said he takes pride in his defense.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
h2omike
Star Player
Star Player

Caruso needs to play more than token minutes.
h2omike
Star Player
Star Player

Caruso needs to play more than token minutes.
AJ
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:40 pm    Post subject:

Nuggets are mentally soft. I don't see them exceeding their playoff performance from last year or even getting remotely close to it. For all extensive purposes, the Nuggets seemed to have the game won and then their, "best guy" continued to make stupid decision after stupid decision.

I am not discrediting the Lakers hustle and effort but Denver will always just be a regular season team.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:40 pm    Post subject:

Our bench won this one despite Vogel.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:54 pm    Post subject:

AJ wrote:
Nuggets are mentally soft. I don't see them exceeding their playoff performance from last year or even getting remotely close to it. For all extensive purposes, the Nuggets seemed to have the game won and then their, "best guy" continued to make stupid decision after stupid decision.

I am not discrediting the Lakers hustle and effort but Denver will always just be a regular season team.

Don’t underestimate the Nuggets. They are not as mentally soft as they ended this game. Most of the season they have won close games and have made some great comebacks. They have also had some mystifying stinkers against bottom teams too.

Remember they had three impact players out tonight. Also Lakers rely on 40+ mins by Davis and James. Nuggets will be a tough out and I would not be shocked to see a deep run.

Games like this make the Nuggets mentally tougher. While it shows how dependent the Lakers are on two guys to never have a bad night, get into foul trouble or get injured.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:58 pm    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
AJ wrote:

Don’t underestimate the Nuggets. They are not as mentally soft as they ended this game. Most of the season they have won close games and have made some great comebacks. They have also had some mystifying stinkers against bottom teams too.

Remember they had three impact players out tonight. Also Lakers rely on 40+ mins by Davis and James. Nuggets will be a tough out and I would not be shocked to see a deep run.

Games like this make the Nuggets mentally tougher. While it shows how dependent the Lakers are on two guys to never have a bad night, get into foul trouble or get injured.

Denver is no joke
The Lakers are the only bad match up for Denver, they would gladly played the clippers
LonzoLegend2
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:01 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Our bench won this one despite Vogel.

Naw blame our high school level free throw percentage. Easy 10 point victory if LeDwight focused more from that spot.

1978-2020
D-Shiznit
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:02 pm    Post subject:

Nuggets are as legit as they come, they just don't match up well against our size at all. They would beat the Clips or Jazz in a 7 game series.
LakerMindLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:19 pm    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
AJ wrote:

Nuggets are able to get a lot out of cast offs or no-names. They really haven't dropped many games with Dozier, Craig, Vonleh, Morris playing big minutes.
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:22 pm    Post subject:

AJ wrote:

I don’t think it’s mental, the Lakers would just beat them the majority of the time. I know the Nuggets were missing some key guys and the game was close but I would expect the Lakers to come out ahead every time. Outside of LAC and Milwaukee, I think we would all expect a series win in 4 or 5 games against every other team.
HermosaJoe
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:25 pm    Post subject:

Green 3 pts........Kuz 3 pts.......bad
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:38 pm    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:
Girlfriend made me watch the season finale of "Messiah," so I missed the fourth quarter and OT. Can't wait to watch it on DVR.

Should have just told her AC was playing like the Messiah.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:43 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
Killakobe81 wrote:
jodeke wrote:

AD grew up playing like a point guard.
Only then he had a growth spurt.
Did not think he would make it to the NBA.
Then he is told aka realized NBA potential as a big.
Once that happens, he starts to play a bit like a big.

So basically unlike Shaq or some other dominant low post bigs, physical bigs, he did not build his game up as a big. So his game will always be more finesse and guard like on offense, vs physical and powerful dominance inside. It is part of why he prefers the 4, too.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:20 am    Post subject:

Finally a quality win. All hope is not lost. Caruso should be playing in the all star game so technically we have 3 all stars or 2 and a half all stars on our team right now.
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:11 am    Post subject:

Wth happened to Danny Green. Two FGA on 21 minutes? Can the guy just not get open or is Lebron afraid of him bricking a shot?
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:45 am    Post subject:

AB with cojones dragging on the floor:

"I think in a way, they're already defeated, seeing that we already beat them twice on their own court," Avery Bradley said. "I'm just happy we were able to get the job done."
Al13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:03 am    Post subject:

What happened to Cachooka Man, no highlights ????

so fitting this is the first game i missed in more than a year and there is no hightlights ready when i came back from work...lol fck
StoicChalice392
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:44 am    Post subject:

Thank you Dwight and AC!!!! Solid all around.
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:10 am    Post subject:

PHILosophize wrote:
guaranteeing a loss + Denver cover on this one

anti-jinx works again
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:26 am    Post subject:

Al13 wrote:
What happened to Cachooka Man, no highlights ????

so fitting this is the first game i missed in more than a year and there is no hightlights ready when i came back from work...lol fck

He said on YouTube that he will take some time off due to some personal issues.

Hope everything is all right with him.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 47, 48, 49  Next
Page 48 of 49
Jump to: