Wrestlemania 37 will come to LA next year at SoFi Stadium

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
GTL
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 29 Feb 2008
Posts: 9534

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:30 am    Post subject: Wrestlemania 37 will come to LA next year at SoFi Stadium

WWE schedules WM37 @SoFi Stadium for March 28, 2021.

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/1226881324742393857?s=20

WWE HOF will be held at Staples Center on March 25th.
_________________
I miss you Kobe. I miss you Gigi.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Reply with quote
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 31 Dec 2008
Posts: 10634
Location: LA

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:20 am    Post subject:

Nice. Anyone into wrestling should check out Fighting With My Family on Amazon Prime. It's a WWE Studios movie with a stellar cast.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 25 Jul 2002
Posts: 35794
Location: L.A.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:36 am    Post subject:

Woohoo.

Redneck kabuki theater!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
GTL
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 29 Feb 2008
Posts: 9534

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:39 am    Post subject:

Hector the Pup wrote:
Woohoo.

Redneck kabuki theater!


Na.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMC7pPEXQVY
_________________
I miss you Kobe. I miss you Gigi.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Reply with quote
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 15 Nov 2006
Posts: 18359
Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 4:59 pm    Post subject:

hulk hogan we comin for you (bleep)
_________________
http://chickhearn.ytmnd.com/

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Omar Little
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 02 May 2005
Posts: 87369
Location: Formerly Known As 24

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 5:06 pm    Post subject:

It's embarrassing watching anyone over 12 stanning wrasslin'
_________________
“We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented.” ― Elie Wiesel
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
GTL
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 29 Feb 2008
Posts: 9534

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 5:18 pm    Post subject:

C M B wrote:
hulk hogan we comin for you (bleep)



_________________
I miss you Kobe. I miss you Gigi.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Reply with quote
GTL
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 29 Feb 2008
Posts: 9534

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 5:23 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
It's embarrassing watching anyone over 12 stanning wrasslin'


I was a young fan growing up with two older brothers. Now my young 6 year old is a fan. Particularly John Cena and a few of the female talents she likes to mimic. He’s a good role model for kids. We watch together as often as I can bear to watch the fairly bland show they put on these days and although ya, I will admit that the product is geared towards kids, It wasn’t always like that. The late 90s and early 00s were adult oriented with the rise of the Rock and Steve Austin. But to each their own, Senior Little.
_________________
I miss you Kobe. I miss you Gigi.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Reply with quote
Omar Little
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 02 May 2005
Posts: 87369
Location: Formerly Known As 24

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 6:17 pm    Post subject:

GTL wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
It's embarrassing watching anyone over 12 stanning wrasslin'


I was a young fan growing up with two older brothers. Now my young 6 year old is a fan. Particularly John Cena and a few of the female talents she likes to mimic. He’s a good role model for kids. We watch together as often as I can bear to watch the fairly bland show they put on these days and although ya, I will admit that the product is geared towards kids, It wasn’t always like that. The late 90s and early 00s were adult oriented with the rise of the Rock and Steve Austin. But to each their own, Senior Little.


No, it was never geared to adults.
_________________
“We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented.” ― Elie Wiesel
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
GTL
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 29 Feb 2008
Posts: 9534

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 6:25 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
GTL wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
It's embarrassing watching anyone over 12 stanning wrasslin'


I was a young fan growing up with two older brothers. Now my young 6 year old is a fan. Particularly John Cena and a few of the female talents she likes to mimic. He’s a good role model for kids. We watch together as often as I can bear to watch the fairly bland show they put on these days and although ya, I will admit that the product is geared towards kids, It wasn’t always like that. The late 90s and early 00s were adult oriented with the rise of the Rock and Steve Austin. But to each their own, Senior Little.


No, it was never geared to adults.


With all due respect 24, you clearly don’t know what you’re talking about. I’ve met parents and adults alike throughout the years, and not the “rednecks” you speak of, that have loved pro wrestling since they were kids to the time they became adults, and/or became fans of the product as adults.

In the late 90s, pro wrestling, between the two brands at the time, attracted nearly 15 million viewers per week at its peak. The Nielsen ratings show the majority of those viewers within the 18-34 age range. The merchandizing at the time was promoted and profited off adult oriented content.

You already have your pre conceived perception of what pro wrasssslin is to you. You’re just wrong. Plain and simple.
_________________
I miss you Kobe. I miss you Gigi.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Reply with quote
Omar Little
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 02 May 2005
Posts: 87369
Location: Formerly Known As 24

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 6:31 pm    Post subject:

Lol, I’m giving you a hard time, but please. Don’t act like there’s some hidden depth there. I know some people over 18 like it. Doesn’t make it grown up.
_________________
“We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented.” ― Elie Wiesel
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
GTL
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 29 Feb 2008
Posts: 9534

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 6:32 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
Lol, I’m giving you a hard time, but please. Don’t act like there’s some hidden depth there. I know some people over 18 like it. Doesn’t make it grown up.


Fair enough. There isn’t any hidden depth. My daughter enjoys it. That’s why I watch it these days.
_________________
I miss you Kobe. I miss you Gigi.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Reply with quote
Omar Little
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 02 May 2005
Posts: 87369
Location: Formerly Known As 24

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 6:33 pm    Post subject:

GTL wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
Lol, I’m giving you a hard time, but please. Don’t act like there’s some hidden depth there. I know some people over 18 like it. Doesn’t make it grown up.


Fair enough. There isn’t any hidden depth. My daughter enjoys it. That’s why I watch it these days.


Enjoy!
_________________
“We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented.” ― Elie Wiesel
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB