2019 LA Dodgers Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 242, 243, 244 ... 246, 247, 248  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
oasisdude77
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 3:10 pm    Post subject:

Not bad. I’m intrigued with Graterol as his stuff looks filthy and god knows we always could use some flame throwers out the pen.
AD23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 3:54 pm    Post subject:

oasisdude77 wrote:
Not bad. I’m intrigued with Graterol as his stuff looks filthy and god knows we always could use some flame throwers out the pen.

Yup. Really interested to see Gaterol.

Treinen, Gaterol and Kenley could be a nice trio
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 3:56 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
oasisdude77 wrote:
Looks like it’s a go:

Red Sox
Going: Verdugo, Jeter Downs and Connor Wong
Coming: Betts, Price & Cash

Twins:
Going: Maeda + $10M cash
C
oming: Graterol
We also get the 67th pick from Twins

Angels
Going: joc and strip
Coming: Renfigo

Quote:
In what is now a separate deal, Maeda and cash will still go to Minnesota, with Graterol and the 67th pick in the draft headed to Los Angeles, sources confirmed to ESPN.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 5:12 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Dodgers Rumors: Ross Stripling, Joc Pederson Trade With Angels Falls Through

However, that trade has fallen through, according to Ken Rosenthal of The Athletic:

Ken Rosenthal

@Ken_Rosenthal
No deal between #Dodgers and #Angels, sources tell The Athletic.

4:45 PM - Feb 9, 2020
Twitter Ads info and privacy
1,415 people are talking about this
Soon after reports surfaced last week of the three-team blockbuster, the Dodgers were poised to send Joc Pederson, Ross Stripling and Andy Pages to the Angels for Luis Rengifo and one or two prospects in a secondary trade.

The move helped alleviate an outfield logjam for the Dodgers and keep them under the luxury tax threshold by moving Pederson. Though, on Friday an arbitration panel ruled in favor of the Dodgers, locking Pederson in at a $7.75 million salary for 2020; he filed at $9.5 million.

As the Dodgers, Red Sox and Twins attempted to work through their differences, Angels owner Arte Moreno reportedly grew frustrated by the delay. That presumably played a role in their deal falling through in spite of a resolution being reached on other fronts.

With the Angels trade no longer on the table, the Dodgers face a roster crunch as their new additions (Betts, Price, Graterol, Raley) put them over the 40-man roster limit even with removing Maeda and Verdugo.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 5:27 pm    Post subject:

I'm guessing we still move Joc. Stripling, because he is so cheap, can still be kept pretty easily, though.

And yes, Graterol looks like he has some serious potential. Could be our future closer.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 5:28 pm    Post subject:

Speak of the devil...

Bob Nightengale

@BNightengale
·
2m

The #Dodgers are planning to put outfielder Joc Pederson back on the trade block with the #Angels appearing to be the ones who pulled out of the original deal.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 5:39 pm    Post subject:

Why wouldn’t the Angels want to make that trade? Stripping looks like an ace compared to the pitchers on that team.
AD23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 6:01 pm    Post subject:

Steve007 wrote:
Why wouldn’t the Angels want to make that trade? Stripping looks like an ace compared to the pitchers on that team.

Pretty stupid on their part
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 6:03 pm    Post subject:

AD23 wrote:
Steve007 wrote:

Who knows if that is actually accurate. I also saw something that suggested that the Dodgers felt that the trade was no longer necessary because the new deal got them Graterol, and that the deal with the Angels was netting them some pitching, somehow.
The Gr8 Lakes
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 6:05 pm    Post subject:

I’m sure Joc still gets moved but keeping Strip is a blessing in disguise I believe. Probably trade Joc for some prospects. I think we need to cut down 2 players to get to the 40 man roster

Longtime LG lurker.
AD23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 6:11 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
AD23 wrote:
Steve007 wrote:

Who knows if that is actually accurate. I also saw something that suggested that the Dodgers felt that the trade was no longer necessary because the new deal got them Graterol, and that the deal with the Angels was netting them some pitching, somehow.

I read differently. Moreno got pissy over the delay. Dodgers have too many OFs. Wouldn’t mind keeping Stripling.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 6:17 pm    Post subject:

AD23 wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
AD23 wrote:
Steve007 wrote:

I read differently. Moreno got pissy over the delay. Dodgers have too many OFs. Wouldn’t mind keeping Stripling.

I saw the part about Moreno being upset. Regardless, I do expect us to move Joc, as we apparently still want to get under the luxury tax.
LonzoLegend2
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:18 pm    Post subject:

Ugh Wong and Downs are pretty valuable prospects we had to surrender in this amended deal...glad we can hold on to Strip as well and Joc.

1978-2020
AD23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:36 pm    Post subject:

LonzoLegend2 wrote:
Ugh Wong and Downs are pretty valuable prospects we had to surrender in this amended deal...glad we can hold on to Strip as well and Joc.

Meh ... Wong won’t get a shot at Catcher anytime soon.

Downs is interesting but worth giving up
AD23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:49 pm    Post subject:

Good breakdown. I’m 100% in agreement, especially on Verdugo being immature. At times he was just a punk to me.

https://weei.radio.com/blogs/rob-bradford/a-scouts-take-on-what-red-sox-are-getting-in-betts-trade
ExPatLkrFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 10:52 pm    Post subject:

I know they didn't want to give up Downs he was lighting it up in double a ball at only 20 years old. Wong strikes me as Barnes 2.0. But they took back Graderal and a utility guyand the 67 pick in the draft. That's ok. Now if they can just get someone to eat half of Jansens salary package him up with Joc and we're good. You know Roberts will give the ball with the game on the line. He just can't help himself
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 6:35 am    Post subject:

This is not really mentioned, but we will get a compensatory pick for Betts should he leave as a free agent.

So we gave up Verdugo, Downs and Wong but we’ll get back a compensatory pick.

Also, we got back Luke Raley as well

Quote:

Dodgers' Luke Raley: Traded back to Dodgers

The Twins have agreed on a deal to send Brusdar Graterol, Raley, and the 67th pick in the 2020 draft in exchange for Kenta Maeda and cash, Jeff Passan of ESPN.com reports.

Raley spent the majority of his 2019 season with Triple-A Rochester, hitting .302/.362/.516 with seven home runs, 28 runs scored and 21 RBI in 138 plate appearances. The 25-year-old was drafted by the Dodgers in 2016, and traded to the Twins as a part of the Brian Dozier deal in 2018. Raley returns to Los Angeles as an outfield prospect with big-time left-handed power.

Last edited by LongBeachPoly on Mon Feb 10, 2020 6:43 am; edited 2 times in total
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 6:38 am    Post subject:

Early predictions on our playoff rotation?

1. Buehler
2. Kershaw
3. Price
4. Urias/Wood/May/Gonsolin
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 7:15 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
AD23 wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
AD23 wrote:
Steve007 wrote:

I saw the part about Moreno being upset. Regardless, I do expect us to move Joc, as we apparently still want to get under the luxury tax.

Apparently, a 3.3 WAR player + a .9 WAR (2.4 last year) player is not enough for their 1.6 WAR player. I never liked this trade as I would think Stripling alone was a fair trade.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 7:22 am    Post subject:

ribeye wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
AD23 wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
AD23 wrote:
Steve007 wrote:

Apparently, a 3.3 WAR player + a .9 WAR (2.4 last year) player is not enough for their 1.6 WAR player. I never liked this trade as I would think Stripling alone was a fair trade.

Yeah, hopefully we were getting some good prospects back from the Angels.

To play devil’s advocate, their 1.6 WAR player does have 5 more years of team control.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 7:24 am    Post subject:

Quote:

[Rosenthal] More on #Angels-#Dodgers, from sources: LAA’s Moreno grew impatient, pulled deal. Might have revived, but LAD saw it as unneccesary after other two trades changed. Outside chance gets revisited. Per @billplunkettoc, LAD needs to drop two from 40-man before trades become official.

Why would we need to drop 2 from the 40 man roster?

We traded 2 (Verdugo, Maeda) for 3 (Betts, Price, Graderol)

Who’s the other player we need to make a roster spot for?

I got my answer. Luke Raley is also on the 40 man roster. Why couldn’t we have picked up a minor leaguer not on the 40 man roster?

Quote:
With the Angels trade no longer on the table, the Dodgers face a roster crunch as their new additions (Betts, Price, Graterol, Raley) put them over the 40-man roster limit even with removing Maeda and Verdugo.

loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 7:45 am    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
Early predictions on our playoff rotation?

1. Buehler
2. Kershaw
3. Price
4. Urias/Wood/May/Gonsolin

I think this is correct with the 4th being a toss up right now (obviously it'd be dependent on who is performing best at the time). I'm hoping we see Price return to 2018 form, and Kershaw and Wood return to their 2017 form.
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 7:56 am    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
ribeye wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
AD23 wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
AD23 wrote:
Steve007 wrote:

To play devil’s advocate, their 1.6 WAR player does have 5 more years of team control.

Fair enough, but just how hard is it to find a weak hitting utility infielder with years of control?
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 8:46 am    Post subject:

ribeye wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
ribeye wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
AD23 wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
AD23 wrote:
Steve007 wrote:

Fair enough, but just how hard is it to find a weak hitting utility infielder with years of control?

Yeah, the deal was a bad deal for us. Seems like we gave up more.

But we're losing Kike after this year. Kike has been huge for us due to his versatility. We have Taylor for 2 more years.

Seems like we also get 2 prospects from the Angels so hopefully they were very good prospects.

But yeah, I didn't like the deal either. Glad it got called off
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:33 am    Post subject:

^
Rengifo has some potential, and with all that team control, I understood why they wanted him and, at the same time, we were going to shed salary. I agree, though, that giving them both Joc and Stripling seemed like too much. Controllable pitching for cheap is worth quite a bit, and I think Stripling for Rengifo felt more right. It was almost like we were giving them Joc for free, so I'm guessing the prospect or prospects we were going to get back from them were decent. And I'm guessing it could've even been a major league young pitcher, given that we now apparently don't think we need what they were offering since we got Graterol in this deal. I wonder if it could've been Patrick Sandoval that we may have obtained.

In any case, I still expect us to move Joc, and I like the idea of keeping Stripling, both for depth purposes and because if another trade target were to materialize during the season, you could put him into that type of a deal.

By the way, this is the type of filth that we're getting with Graterol. I'm really excited about this kid...

https://twitter.com/PitchingNinja/status/1226646422264655873
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 242, 243, 244 ... 246, 247, 248  Next
Page 243 of 248
Jump to: