Kyrie “mamba jr” Irving

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Snipes
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 28 Feb 2005
Posts: 4107

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2020 2:35 am    Post subject: Kyrie “mamba jr” Irving

If you really want to see some inspirational basketball being played post Mamba...tune into Brooklyn games. This man is about to go off. Should’ve posted this before his performance tonight but he’s got many more to come.

His attitude reminds me of a young Kobe more than anyone. And he was also probably the closest guy currently in the NBA to Kobe.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ingle
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 17 Mar 2017
Posts: 887

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2020 4:08 am    Post subject:

"About to go off"

Kyrie the mini mamba has hit one of the biggest shots in NBA history already! He's a bona fide superstar and don't let any biased media outlets tell you otherwise!

His game is just beautiful to watch, not the defender or leaper Kobe was but he just moves different.
_________________
BBB back to back to back
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 13 May 2008
Posts: 2221

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2020 7:16 am    Post subject:

Kyrie has been one of my favorite players to watch. He's a killer and the best ball handler in the league. Uncle Drew definitely embodies the Mamba Mentality.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 14 Apr 2001
Posts: 136511
Location: The Gold Coast

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2020 10:42 am    Post subject:

Nothing close to Kobe’s mentality, he showed that by sitting out the game after Kobe died. Good player when his head is on straight, which sometimes is and sometimes isn’t. But nowhere close to Kobe’s mentality.
_________________
“I loved playing music to his words” - John Densmore on Jim Morrison
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Snipes
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 28 Feb 2005
Posts: 4107

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2020 2:11 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Nothing close to Kobe’s mentality, he showed that by sitting out the game after Kobe died. Good player when his head is on straight, which sometimes is and sometimes isn’t. But nowhere close to Kobe’s mentality.


That’s why he is the jr. Agree to disagree he is very close to Kobe. The whole erratic behaviour and everything.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Snipes
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 28 Feb 2005
Posts: 4107

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2020 2:12 pm    Post subject:

ingle wrote:
"About to go off"

Kyrie the mini mamba has hit one of the biggest shots in NBA history already! He's a bona fide superstar and don't let any biased media outlets tell you otherwise!

His game is just beautiful to watch, not the defender or leaper Kobe was but he just moves different.


I mean even more so I already acknowledge he is great.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 50740
Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered intelligent.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2020 12:46 pm    Post subject:

When Kyrie is first to the gym last to leave, watches films to improve his game, makes basketball his number 1 priority, do things Kobe like, I'll dub him Mamba Jr. You don't grow into a Mamba Mentality, you're born with it. IMO Kyrie doesn't have it. Few if any do.
_________________
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Your prayers are always answered. Sometimes the answer is NO.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 14 Apr 2001
Posts: 136511
Location: The Gold Coast

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2020 1:16 pm    Post subject:

Unfortunately another injury last night. I hate missing being able to see these talented players because of injury.
_________________
“I loved playing music to his words” - John Densmore on Jim Morrison
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Jun 2006
Posts: 28897

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2020 2:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Kyrie “mamba jr” Irving

Snipes wrote:
If you really want to see some inspirational basketball being played post Mamba...tune into Brooklyn games. This man is about to go off. Should’ve posted this before his performance tonight but he’s got many more to come.

His attitude reminds me of a young Kobe more than anyone. And he was also probably the closest guy currently in the NBA to Kobe.


Irving's a very good player, but I wouldn't put him in the same stratosphere that you do.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 12 Aug 2009
Posts: 33595

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2020 4:42 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
When Kyrie is first to the gym last to leave, watches films to improve his game, makes basketball his number 1 priority, do things Kobe like, I'll dub him Mamba Jr. You don't grow into a Mamba Mentality, you're born with it. IMO Kyrie doesn't have it. Few if any do.


Yep, I agree....so many people want to find the next Kobe, but Dame or Kyrie? Nope, not even close.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Snipes
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 28 Feb 2005
Posts: 4107

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2020 2:22 am    Post subject: Re: Kyrie “mamba jr” Irving

activeverb wrote:
Snipes wrote:
If you really want to see some inspirational basketball being played post Mamba...tune into Brooklyn games. This man is about to go off. Should’ve posted this before his performance tonight but he’s got many more to come.

His attitude reminds me of a young Kobe more than anyone. And he was also probably the closest guy currently in the NBA to Kobe.


Irving's a very good player, but I wouldn't put him in the same stratosphere that you do.


What stratosphere is that? I said his attitude and behaviour reminds me a lot of Kobe. That was also his little bro. I never said Kyrie is Kobe.

No player in the NBA has the same level of finesse Kyrie does - that’s exactly how Bean was too.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Snipes
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 28 Feb 2005
Posts: 4107

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2020 2:23 am    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
When Kyrie is first to the gym last to leave, watches films to improve his game, makes basketball his number 1 priority, do things Kobe like, I'll dub him Mamba Jr. You don't grow into a Mamba Mentality, you're born with it. IMO Kyrie doesn't have it. Few if any do.


Yep, I agree....so many people want to find the next Kobe, but Dame or Kyrie? Nope, not even close.


There is no next Kobe.

But the way Kyrie left Lebron to do his own thing..his stubborn attitude..his footwork...his clutch gene all remind me of a young #8.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 107944

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:21 am    Post subject:

Snipes wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
When Kyrie is first to the gym last to leave, watches films to improve his game, makes basketball his number 1 priority, do things Kobe like, I'll dub him Mamba Jr. You don't grow into a Mamba Mentality, you're born with it. IMO Kyrie doesn't have it. Few if any do.


Yep, I agree....so many people want to find the next Kobe, but Dame or Kyrie? Nope, not even close.


There is no next Kobe.

But the way Kyrie left Lebron to do his own thing..his stubborn attitude..his footwork...his clutch gene all remind me of a young #8.


Kyrie is the last thing to Kobe in my book.

Guy has found a way to kick/scream his way off two teams, one being a championship caliber one and the other a deep ECF team. Now he's on the Nets and he's often injured or not playing or rubbing his teammates the wrong way. Seems he is just a hard guy to please and not nearly worth the aggravation.

Kobe on the other hand, he was worth it.
_________________
LBJ in 22 playoff games (2017-18): 34/9/9
AD in 9 playoff games (2017-18): 30/13/2.3bpg/2spg.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
moonriver24
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 21 Oct 2007
Posts: 15151

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 12:10 am    Post subject:

I don't know if he's got the mamba mentality yet but I have seen some of his Kobe's moves. Yup, he''s got some of the moves to allow him score more in the paint. Now, it will be interesting if the apply the mentality part when Durant is finally healthy.
_________________
Kobe's Top 5 Dunks, 81 points, MJ last gm @Staples
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 24 May 2015
Posts: 7856

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 7:02 am    Post subject:

Close this ridiculous thread. It’s disrespectful.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 12 Aug 2009
Posts: 33595

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2020 2:21 pm    Post subject:

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/28744517/sources-nets-kyrie-irving-considering-surgery-shoulder-impingement
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 02 Jul 2015
Posts: 25614

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2020 3:37 pm    Post subject:

Kemba > Kyrie...?
_________________
neoliberal hipster film aficionado
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 28 Apr 2013
Posts: 17254
Location: Brazil

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2020 3:53 am    Post subject:

Injury prone?
_________________
KOBE
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
BigBoi
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 13 May 2012
Posts: 3065

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2020 4:52 am    Post subject:

He’s a Kobe disciple, but that’s where it ends until he can recreate 2016 all over again. The key to being Mamba-like is consistency not just having a hot season but stringing together consecutive seasons of excellence over 20 years or a decade at least.
_________________
#mamba4ever! 💜💛
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 07 Oct 2012
Posts: 3937

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2020 11:06 pm    Post subject:

i think dame is more kobe like than kyrie.
_________________
U+1F49C
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 29 May 2002
Posts: 53354

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 6:39 am    Post subject:

There is no Mamba Jr

The only one similar is Jordan.

There is Jordan and Kobe.
Every other 2 guard or scoring guard is not even close.
_________________
26-1-2020
Never forgotten
Mamba mentality will live on forever
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB