BLAZERS -at- LAKERS - 1/31 - Thoughts and :-(( Ratings
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
oaktown_dimond
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2020 10:21 am    Post subject:

The guys tried. Defense was not as on point as we've known to be in the past. Well that, and Dame was playing his heart out for Kobe. You don't have to be a Laker to play in his honor. Mamba Mentality.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2020 10:59 am    Post subject:

Thank you DB, that was a great write up and right back at you.

Unfortunately, it is going to be a while before I can get worked up about wins or losses as we took the big loss that has left a major hole in Laker Nation.

I love all of you and like DB said be grateful for those special people in your life and let them know.
Tony Almeida
Retired

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2020 11:02 am    Post subject:

Thank you DB. This was one of your best writeups, ever. The most emotional one by far. Just like I said about Kobe on the court all the time, “I don’t know how you do it”. I’ve loved reading your posts since I was lucky enough to find this site. Whether it was 81 points or a 6/30 clunker, you always delivered and would have made Kobe proud.

Last edited by Tony Almeida on Sat Feb 01, 2020 11:28 am; edited 1 time in total
LakeShow09
LG Multimedia Team
LG Multimedia Team

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2020 11:25 am    Post subject:

Thank you DB!!!
richsmith
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2020 12:33 pm    Post subject:

Thanks DB. Always a pleasure to read your write-ups. Kept me going in the last year of two of the Kobe era, when it was hard to watch the games, let alone in the few years after. You've written very eloquently and movingly about Kobe and his impact here, it doesn't surprise me at all that you're a pro. I'd happily read any book you write.
Lakers#1Team
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2020 1:56 pm    Post subject:

Thank you DB, that was an amazing read, very thoughtful, emotional and inspiring! And here I thought my tears were over. Nope.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2020 2:15 pm    Post subject:

Incredible writing, DB. We love you.

DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2020 2:26 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
Thank you DB, that was a great write up and right back at you.

Unfortunately, it is going to be a while before I can get worked up about wins or losses as we took the big loss that has left a major hole in Laker Nation.

I love all of you and like DB said be grateful for those special people in your life and let them know.

Yeah, I really didn’t know what place I, we, everyone would be in when this game can around. Had we played Tuesday, I would have certainly been in some other part of this process. This is where I am and I hope others may be or get to. And I realized also while taking notes on the game that it was hard to get back to where I was before last week. The details of the game, the critique portion just seem a bit meaningless. So I went light on that. I’m just cheering for the guys to pull together and stay strong. All Star break can’t come soon enough.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2020 2:30 pm    Post subject:

Thank you all for the kind words. And for reading. Honestly, there’s been so much coverage I wasn’t sure if anyone would be up for this. I know I’ve had to take my share of breaks.

Thank you all for getting through this so gracefully as a community.
Tick
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2020 4:37 pm    Post subject:

I truly hope that you archive this post for posterity DancingBarry. I've been coming LG for a long time. Living on the east coast I don't always get to see the Lakers play, and when they are on cable or website stream, most of their home games are way too late for me to watch.

But I never worry about it because I know I can come here and read your take on the game and feel like I was actually in attendance. How can that be? Easy. You sir are a gifted writer. Or maybe you're not gifted at all, and you just work really hard at it.

Your game recaps are better than anything I can find on the web. You write the right way. I'm always impressed with your takes. Your honesty about the game. The opinion of your recaps are not only balanced, you have a way of writing that lacks bias...which is impressive being that this is a Lakers fan website. That is to say, it's difficult for me to see that you're a Laker fan based on your writing. Which means you have crafted your skill in a very professional manner.

So you want to pursue writing? Are you kidding me? You've been a writer sir...you ARE a writer. A very good one.
kfkilla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2020 5:14 pm    Post subject:

Thanks brother. Definitely follow your dreams man. Let us all know if we can help. I’m exhausted today. It’s like the entire week just caught up to me all at once. Pete and Darius said it best during their podcast for our generation, class of 96 here, we all went through the different stages of life so far with Kobe. When the going got tough I asked myself all the time “what would Kobe do.” I think to some extent that’s why it feels like we lost an old friend. The leader of our crew and the one who was leading us though this (bleep) storm called life. I by no means am diminishing it for the younger or older crew. Just sharing why it cuts so bloody deep with mine.

Amazing night at staples. The Laker brass made us all proud. The tribute was perfectly done and I know it couldn’t have been easy to get all that planned out to perfection in 3-4 days. Thank you Jeanie Buss, Linda Rambis, Rob Palinka and whomever else was involved to execute such a night. You have earned a huge amount of my respect and love.

As for me, my passion has always been writing code but I’ve become too salty over the years (decades) of constant fear of losing my job to cheaper over seas talent or the never ending local attempts at commoditization. Super lost at the moment to be honest. Started teaching CS at CSUF and that’s really the only thing I enjoy. Doesn’t pay nearly enough to make it a day job. But I’ll figure it out. I have to. After all “what would kobe do?”

Much love laker fam.
RipCityRobert
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2020 5:35 pm    Post subject:

DB, still doin it superbly after all these years.

What a surreal, sad week.

Best wishes to the LG family as the healing hopefully begins.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: