PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2020 11:38 pm    Post subject:

x75274 wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:
x75274 wrote:
Gandalf wrote:
x75274 wrote:
Gandalf wrote:
x75274 wrote:
Look at all the excuses for their poor performance....Kobe is the kinda guy who in extreme circumstances gets even more focused and does not accept losses or excuses. When others make excuses, Kobe refuses to make them. He lacks empathy but one thing he doesnt lack is killer will

Dude, Kobe is Kobe. None of these guys are. No shame in that.

Not so...there are two who have the toughness of Kobe or show similar shades of that kind of toughness - Kuzma and Rondo

Humor at this time....I like it. God bless you.

Kuzma and Rondo have had bad games. Name any Laker with more balls than these two? Name a Laker who played harder and with more intensity than Kuzma today???? The answer is NONE

I’ll take a guess- Carrot top and Screech from “saved by the bell”?
Big balls on those guys.
BTW-unclench, tough guy.

Pretty funny coming from the guy with his username after one of the biggest wusses and chokers in Laker history - the one and only Eddie Jones.

You posted this 3 times which means you’re so mad, so pissed that you keep hitting submit on your poor computer but you didn’t shell out for quality mbps speed so I say again:
unclench, tough guy
x75274
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2020 11:40 pm    Post subject:

eureca wrote:
x75274 wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
x75274 wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
x75274 wrote:
Look at all the excuses for their poor performance....Kobe is the kinda guy who in extreme circumstances gets even more focused and does not accept losses or excuses. When others make excuses, Kobe refuses to make them. He lacks empathy but one thing he doesnt lack is killer will

This take is incredibly poor taste and makes light of the situation that these players have to go thru.I don't know of any other similar situation in recent NBA history where somebody who had such a tremendous shadow over an organization. This was bigger than winning or losing. This was the loss of a family member.

Imagine if KB was in Lebrons place today. You would have seen the full force of the Black Mamba. Lillard's little streak???? Mamba would have dropped 50 on his head especially if he sees a rival player go off on such an important tribute game. Thats Kobe. This is the guy who wasnt sure if he was going to jail and on the same day he is in court, he flies back and dumps 40+ on Bruce Bowen and arguably the greatest defense of the entire San Antonio Spurs run.

Bad analogy considering they are 2 completely different situations and mental states. Death in general changes people and causes them to reassess their priorities in life. I can imagine these guys minds wandered into some dark places this week.

So Lillard can go off....and Kobe would have just passively just stood there and let him???? At the very least you would have seen pissed off Kobe and a Kobe that would have said get out of my way he is mine.....the way he did when Arenas went off for 60. I doubt Kobe in this situation would have turned into a reflective type and changed and just been passive the way Lebron James was. At the very least he would have been like Kuzma. Attacking attacking attacking

Again Lebron is not Kobe. You can't force him to be Kobe. There was only one. Reality players have good and bad games. At no point in his career is Lebron going to be Kobe. Lebron has his own legacy. His own success and his own failure. Players can be different. Lebron wasn't going to change to someone different out of nowhere.

Remember what Kobe once said about Deron Williams and something along the lines of I would rather go for 0 for 30 than 0 for 9 because 0 for 30 means you just had a horrible shooting game but 0 for 9 means you beat yourself. This is what I wanted out of James....just that attacking mindset. This is why I am happy with Kuzma's performance today and would have been ok if he score 0 or 2 points because you saw that aggression and effort.
x75274
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2020 11:41 pm    Post subject:

eddiejonze wrote:
x75274 wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:
x75274 wrote:
Gandalf wrote:
x75274 wrote:
Gandalf wrote:
x75274 wrote:

Not so...there are two who have the toughness of Kobe or show similar shades of that kind of toughness - Kuzma and Rondo

Kuzma and Rondo have had bad games. Name any Laker with more balls than these two? Name a Laker who played harder and with more intensity than Kuzma today???? The answer is NONE

Big balls on those guys.
BTW-unclench, tough guy.

Pretty funny coming from the guy with his username after one of the biggest wusses and chokers in Laker history - the one and only Eddie Jones.

You posted this 3 times which means you’re so mad, so pissed that you keep hitting submit on your poor computer but you didn’t shell out for quality mbps speed so I say again:
unclench, tough guy

Dude you have the biggest (bleep) in Laker history as your username. Stop talking
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2020 11:55 pm    Post subject:

x75274 wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:
x75274 wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:
x75274 wrote:
Gandalf wrote:
x75274 wrote:
Gandalf wrote:
x75274 wrote:

Big balls on those guys.
BTW-unclench, tough guy.

unclench, tough guy

Dude you have the biggest (bleep) in Laker history as your username. Stop talking

http://www.thewavsite.com/Animals/Sound%20Effect%20-%20Cat%20Fight.wav

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Don Draper
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2020 11:57 pm    Post subject:

I know it's depressing to say this, but my main takeaway of the end of this game was that it represented the finality of Kobe being gone.

The game was on the line, we had a chance to come back, and the crowd was chanting "KOBE! KOBE! KOBE!" All of us have seen the Lakers be in this situation before. But unlike those times, there was no Kobe around to save us. There wasn't even Kobe in the crowd to cheer our guys on.

And that's when I think it hit the crowd, and me again, that he's really gone. The arena went dead silent when that reality set in, and I think everyone remembered that tonight wasn't really about the game.

Bravo to our guys for going out there tonight amidst all these emotions. But this was a sad day, for so many reasons.

Farewell, Kobe.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2020 12:08 am    Post subject:

Don Draper wrote:
I know it's depressing to say this, but my main takeaway of the end of this game was that it represented the finality of Kobe being gone.

The game was on the line, we had a chance to come back, and the crowd was chanting "KOBE! KOBE! KOBE!" All of us have seen the Lakers be in this situation before. But unlike those times, there was no Kobe around to save us. There wasn't even Kobe in the crowd to cheer our guys on.

And that's when I think it hit the crowd, and me again, that he's really gone. The arena went dead silent when that reality set in, and I think everyone remembered that tonight wasn't really about the game.

Bravo to our guys for going out there tonight amidst all these emotions. But this was a sad day, for so many reasons.

Farewell, Kobe.

Yep, Kobe is no longer able to be there anymore. At least when he was retired there was this shadow that he was still looming over the organization. When and if there is a public memorial, that will be a final chance for everyone to say goodbye or at least finally come to terms with it.
Zillethai
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2020 12:41 pm    Post subject:

x75274 wrote:
Jerry West's favorite 2 Lakers of all time:
Kobe Bryant and Nick Van Exel - the reason is obvious: these two have the biggest ba**s and competitiveness.

The only two who can compare in this group is Kuzma and Rondo

Van Exel's handles were vicious
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2020 4:40 pm    Post subject:

Don Draper wrote:

Farewell, Kobe.

Ouch. You didn't lie, but it still hurt.

I will say this, we can't allow ourselves to turn on the guys we have because of our love for Kobe. We have to accept the guys we have for what they are.

We could go the next 20 years and never have a player with Kobe's mental toughness again. He made us question if he's even human.

The key is to get behind our guys and support them. Salieri was no Mozart but he was still a damn good composer. We have hall of fame players on this roster, we can't hate on anyone for not being Kobe. There was one Kobe and there will never be another. He was our generation's Mozart.
AJ
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2020 6:53 pm    Post subject:

Wow, that game just felt odd. Emotionally draining and the game, itself, wasn't peaking my interest.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 35, 36, 37
Page 37 of 37
Jump to: