PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2020 10:55 pm    Post subject:

eureca wrote:
poppajons wrote:
x75274 wrote:
poppajons wrote:
x75274 wrote:
poppajons wrote:
Some of you guys need to learn empathy

Ironically that is the one trait KOBE himself did not have much of.

Disagree. His persona on the basketball court was not who he was as a person, at least not during his older years

No...he WAS terrible at empathy. Why do you think he hated Smush, Kwame, and couldnt stand guys like Lin, Young andthose (bleep) Lakers when the Lakers were pure crap???? Stop putting Kobe on a pedestal. When it comes to empathy yo u cant find anyone less suited

I’ll be the first one to tell people that Kobe wasn’t perfect. He made mistakes and deplorable decisions early in life. The moments you’re talking about are true but to say he was terrible at empathy is kind of inaccurate. Look at how many stories have come out about Kobe helping people. Does that sound like someone who is “terrible at empathy” ?

People confuse him being a killer at his job and think that was all that he was. I lived through his entire time in LA. I remember stories as a kid that came on the news when he was just a young player of him helping random families. Helping a family replace a stolen wheelchair for their child. Paying for a grieving family's funeral. Some of this stuff would get out when the people he helped talked about it. We are hearing a lot of stories now that he has passed. You don't do all the stuff he did off the court if you have no empathy.

This doesn't mean his is a perfect human. Doesn't mean he was a perfect teammate, but he definitely had empathy for people that needed help.

+1
BigBoi
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2020 10:55 pm    Post subject:

Artest4Three wrote:
I am absolutely done with these bozos Kuzma and Green. Just garbage, trash, useless all around. Ship them out and bring some players who can actually contribute.

Bozos
x75274
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2020 10:56 pm    Post subject:

Gandalf wrote:
x75274 wrote:
Look at all the excuses for their poor performance....Kobe is the kinda guy who in extreme circumstances gets even more focused and does not accept losses or excuses. When others make excuses, Kobe refuses to make them. He lacks empathy but one thing he doesnt lack is killer will

Dude, Kobe is Kobe. None of these guys are. No shame in that.

Not so...there are two who have the toughness of Kobe or show similar shades of that kind of toughness - Kuzma and Rondo
poppajons
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2020 10:58 pm    Post subject:

x75274 wrote:
Look at all the excuses for their poor performance....Kobe is the kinda guy who in extreme circumstances gets even more focused and does not accept losses or excuses. When others make excuses, Kobe refuses to make them. He lacks empathy but one thing he doesnt lack is killer will

I’m sorry but this post is the antithesis of empathy
Jordan-esque
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2020 10:59 pm    Post subject:

x75274 wrote:
Gandalf wrote:
x75274 wrote:

Not so...there are two who have the toughness of Kobe or show similar shades of that kind of toughness - Kuzma and Rondo

Well those shades of toughness didn’t help because Kuzma -16 and Rondo -11 tonight.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2020 11:00 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
Kuzma heading back to 30% from 3 on the season. Of all the young guys we traded or let walk...I'd actually rather have freakin' Wagner over Kuzma.

DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2020 11:02 pm    Post subject:

Lakers just need to get their mojo back, they will then rip off 10-15 wins in a row, and this board will mostly be❤️❤️❤️ (Until they lose again)
x75274
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2020 11:04 pm    Post subject:

Jerry West's favorite 2 Lakers of all time:
Kobe Bryant and Nick Van Exel - the reason is obvious: these two have the biggest ba**s and competitiveness.

The only two who can compare in this group is Kuzma and Rondo
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2020 11:09 pm    Post subject:

My boys are down but they aren't out. No doubt we will rebound and get back to winning basketball.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2020 11:10 pm    Post subject:

x75274 wrote:

This take is incredibly poor taste and makes light of the situation that these players have to go thru.I don't know of any other similar situation in recent NBA history where somebody had such a tremendous shadow over an organization. This was bigger than winning or losing. This was the loss of a family member.

Last edited by lakersken80 on Fri Jan 31, 2020 11:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gandalf
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2020 11:11 pm    Post subject:

x75274 wrote:
Gandalf wrote:
x75274 wrote:

Humor at this time....I like it. God bless you.
x75274
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2020 11:16 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
x75274 wrote:

This take is incredibly poor taste and makes light of the situation that these players have to go thru.I don't know of any other similar situation in recent NBA history where somebody who had such a tremendous shadow over an organization. This was bigger than winning or losing. This was the loss of a family member.

Imagine if KB was in Lebrons place today. You would have seen the full force of the Black Mamba. Lillard's little streak???? Mamba would have dropped 50 on his head especially if he sees a rival player go off on such an important tribute game. Thats Kobe. This is the guy who wasnt sure if he was going to jail and on the same day he is in court, he flies back and dumps 40+ on Bruce Bowen and arguably the greatest defense of the entire San Antonio Spurs run.
x75274
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2020 11:18 pm    Post subject:

Gandalf wrote:
x75274 wrote:
Gandalf wrote:
x75274 wrote:

Kuzma and Rondo have had bad games. Name any Laker with more balls than these two? Name a Laker who played harder and with more intensity than Kuzma today???? The answer is NONE
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2020 11:20 pm    Post subject:

x75274 wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
x75274 wrote:

This take is incredibly poor taste and makes light of the situation that these players have to go thru.I don't know of any other similar situation in recent NBA history where somebody who had such a tremendous shadow over an organization. This was bigger than winning or losing. This was the loss of a family member.

Imagine if KB was in Lebrons place today. You would have seen the full force of the Black Mamba. Lillard's little streak???? Mamba would have dropped 50 on his head especially if he sees a rival player go off on such an important tribute game. Thats Kobe. This is the guy who wasnt sure if he was going to jail and on the same day he is in court, he flies back and dumps 40+ on Bruce Bowen and arguably the greatest defense of the entire San Antonio Spurs run.

Bad analogy considering they are 2 completely different situations and mental states. Death in general changes people and causes them to reassess their priorities in life. I can imagine these guys minds wandered into some dark places this week.
x75274
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2020 11:24 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
x75274 wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
x75274 wrote:

Bad analogy considering they are 2 completely different situations and mental states. Death in general changes people and causes them to reassess their priorities in life. I can imagine these guys minds wandered into some dark places this week.

So Lillard can go off....and Kobe would have just passively just stood there and let him???? At the very least you would have seen pissed off Kobe and a Kobe that would have said get out of my way he is mine.....the way he did when Arenas went off for 60. I doubt Kobe in this situation would have turned into a reflective type and changed and just been passive the way Lebron James was. At the very least he would have been like Kuzma. Attacking attacking attacking
Villain6Activated
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2020 11:24 pm    Post subject:

When I came to LA in 2009 the summer after the championship, I wanted to meet Kobe so bad so when it didn't happen I forced my parents to pay 50 dollars to get a picture with me photoshopped next to Kobe Bryant. I've had that framed up in my living room for the past decade, that's what Kobe Bryant meant to me.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2020 11:25 pm    Post subject:

I know a lot of people were expecting a fairy tale game tonight. I saw the game tonight to go anyway. I would have not been surprised if we got blown out tonight either. At the end of the day, these guys are still human. They been off for a week, with barely any practice. Dealing with all that emotions and countless of sleepless nights. Then to come in tonight and pretty much have funeral type of celebration to begin the game. It's going to take a while.

leor_77 wrote:
poppajons wrote:

We aren't the only team in the league with players affected by this.

We are the only team affected by this...
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2020 11:27 pm    Post subject:

x75274 wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
x75274 wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
x75274 wrote:

So Lillard can go off....and Kobe would have just passively just stood there and let him???? At the very least you would have seen pissed off Kobe and a Kobe that would have said get out of my way he is mine.....the way he did when Arenas went off for 60. I doubt Kobe in this situation would have turned into a reflective type and changed and just been passive the way Lebron James was. At the very least he would have been like Kuzma. Attacking attacking attacking

Here is the problem with your argument. Kobe never had to face a situation like this. You don't know how he would have reacted. You are assuming he would perform the same using the Colorado situation, but in reality you don't know.
eddiejonze
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2020 11:27 pm    Post subject:

x75274 wrote:
Gandalf wrote:
x75274 wrote:
Gandalf wrote:
x75274 wrote:

Kuzma and Rondo have had bad games. Name any Laker with more balls than these two? Name a Laker who played harder and with more intensity than Kuzma today???? The answer is NONE

I’ll take a guess- Carrot top and Screech from “saved by the bell”?
Big balls on those guys.
BTW-unclench, tough guy.
Villain6Activated
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2020 11:28 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:

leor_77 wrote:
poppajons wrote:

Yeah man, Kobe impacted everyone and knew people from every team but he's ours. We are the only team affected by this at this level, period.

None of those other fanbases were rooting for him, we were. Nobody is taking that away from us.
x75274
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2020 11:29 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
I know a lot of people were expecting a fairy tale game tonight. I saw the game tonight to go anyway. I would have not been surprised if we got blown out tonight either. At the end of the day, these guys are still human. They been off for a week, with barely any practice. Dealing with all that emotions and countless of sleepless nights. Then to come in tonight and pretty much have funeral type of celebration to begin the game. It's going to take a while.

leor_77 wrote:
poppajons wrote:

I expected a win. A (bleep) Portland team at home should be grounds for an expected win. But even losing, I am more pissed at James in a way I have never been mad at him before. His lack of aggression really irks me today as we needed it for him to set the example.
x75274
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2020 11:31 pm    Post subject:

eddiejonze wrote:
x75274 wrote:
Gandalf wrote:
x75274 wrote:
Gandalf wrote:
x75274 wrote:

Big balls on those guys.
BTW-unclench, tough guy.

Pretty funny coming from the guy with his username after one of the biggest wusses and chokers in Laker history - the one and only Eddie Jones.
x75274
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

eddiejonze wrote:
x75274 wrote:
Gandalf wrote:
x75274 wrote:
Gandalf wrote:
x75274 wrote:

Big balls on those guys.
BTW-unclench, tough guy.

Pretty funny coming from the guy with his username after one of the biggest wusses and chokers in Laker history - the one and only Eddie Jones.
x75274
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

eddiejonze wrote:
x75274 wrote:
Gandalf wrote:
x75274 wrote:
Gandalf wrote:
x75274 wrote:

Big balls on those guys.
BTW-unclench, tough guy.

eureca
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

x75274 wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
x75274 wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
x75274 wrote:

Again Lebron is not Kobe. You can't force him to be Kobe. There was only one. Reality players have good and bad games. At no point in his career is Lebron going to be Kobe. Lebron has his own legacy. His own success and his own failure. Players can be different. Lebron wasn't going to change to someone different out of nowhere.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 35, 36, 37  Next
Page 36 of 37
Jump to: