The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1361, 1362, 1363 ... 2077, 2078, 2079  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:59 pm    Post subject:

TMG wrote:
AD23 wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
For the past decade or so, the world has always asked Lebron what his thoughts were on anything and everything. The fact that he is now a Laker, that just surpassed the greatest Laker of all time in points the night before, and now the world is waiting to hear from him when he is probably at the most devastating point in his career... man.

Man, I feel for Kobe’s family and all of Lakers Nation, but I also feel for Lebron. Kareem is too old to be around these days. Shaq, Pat, and West have his own things going on. Magic quit on the team. Unfortunately, Lebron is now the face of the Lakers in the wake of Kobe’s death. Kobe stepped into the role of Mr. Laker so beautifully. Such a shame.

To be quite honest LeBron is the ONLY player today that can handle it.

I dont think he can to be honest. They were like brothers. I'd be surprised if i see Lebron playing the next couple of game. He shouldn't to be honest. He should mourn his friend. Anybody here ever lost someone they care about should know how devastating that feeling is.

I am going to sound like a cold hearted bastard to some but I fully expect James to play. He honors his friend by being a competitor. By being on the court and overcoming all obstacles to win. Even after such a devastating loss just a couple days before.

What defines icons like Kobe is the ability to do just that.

I also find it difficult to allow one Laker to grieve but not others. If the players feel they need the time to mourn then forfeit the game. Something we know they will not do.

No denying this is a tough loss and amazingly emotional but I prefer they celebrate his life and play the game. Just as Kobe would most likely want. If for nothing else then to escape the raw emotion for a couple hours.
TMG
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:16 pm    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
TMG wrote:
AD23 wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
For the past decade or so, the world has always asked Lebron what his thoughts were on anything and everything. The fact that he is now a Laker, that just surpassed the greatest Laker of all time in points the night before, and now the world is waiting to hear from him when he is probably at the most devastating point in his career... man.

Man, I feel for Kobe’s family and all of Lakers Nation, but I also feel for Lebron. Kareem is too old to be around these days. Shaq, Pat, and West have his own things going on. Magic quit on the team. Unfortunately, Lebron is now the face of the Lakers in the wake of Kobe’s death. Kobe stepped into the role of Mr. Laker so beautifully. Such a shame.

I dont think he can to be honest. They were like brothers. I'd be surprised if i see Lebron playing the next couple of game. He shouldn't to be honest. He should mourn his friend. Anybody here ever lost someone they care about should know how devastating that feeling is.

I am going to sound like a cold hearted bastard to some but I fully expect James to play. He honors his friend by being a competitor. By being on the court and overcoming all obstacles to win. Even after such a devastating loss just a couple days before.

I also find it difficult to allow one Laker to grieve but not others. If the players feel they need the time to mourn then forfeit the game. Something we know they will not do.

No denying this is a tough loss and amazingly emotional but I prefer they celebrate his life and play the game. Just as Kobe would most likely want. If for nothing else then to escape the raw emotion for a couple hours.

From what i know and seen Lebron and Kobe were like brothers. Kobe even called Lebron his little brother. This is not about basketball in the end it's just a game i fully expect Lebron to mourn his brother just as i expect Kyrie to mourn Kobe aswell. I dont know what relationship the others had with kobe..But i'll bet everything i got it wasn't on the same level as Kyrie and Lebron. In the end it's his decision and im not going to bash him if he takes time off. This isn't a movie you dont just power through stuff like this. He'll probably play but if he didn't i wouldn't be mad about it.
AD23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:20 pm    Post subject:

The difference is Kyrie just got the news and had to play in a few hours. LeBron will have had 2 full days. Not to say that will make it any less but will at least let LeBron mourn
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:21 pm    Post subject:

Yeah, I can’t even begin to imagine what Kyrie is going through. The guy left MSG after the shoot around and never returned.
TMG
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:28 pm    Post subject:

AD23 wrote:
The difference is Kyrie just got the news and had to play in a few hours. LeBron will have had 2 full days. Not to say that will make it any less but will at least let LeBron mourn

Man listen i dont know how or when Lebron will be able to process these kind of things..All i know is what i've seen when it comes to friends handling losing people close to them...Some people put it behind them but not really they just suppress it to cope. Others need to process it by mourning. I dont know how Lebron copes with these types of things nor do i know how Kyrie handles it. I know athletes aren't machines there isn't some on/off switch for them. I cant be mad at someone for not being able to play due to losing someone close to them.
24Legend007
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:28 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
I hope we can all take in LBJ into the Lakers family. Kobe did. Everyone is hurting, even LBJ.

I feel so bad for Lebron as well. Did you see the joy in his face when talking about Kobe? One of the greatest achievements of his career will always be overshadowed by this. This is going to be hard for him to get over. Take as much time as you need King. L.A. is behind you no matter what big dog.
Laker4lifer4real
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 11:26 pm    Post subject:

The Mamba Mentality is to play. Kobe has some incredible games in 2003 flying back from court in Colorado. The basketball court was where he could let it all go. Kobe scored 31 points against the Houston Rockets in
the first round, 42 points against San Antonio in the second
round, and scored 35 in a Game 4 WCF win vs. Spurs all after court appearances,
Snipes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 11:58 pm    Post subject:

TMG wrote:
TMG wrote:
AD23 wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:

From what i know and seen Lebron and Kobe were like brothers. Kobe even called Lebron his little brother. This is not about basketball in the end it's just a game i fully expect Lebron to mourn his brother just as i expect Kyrie to mourn Kobe aswell. I dont know what relationship the others had with kobe..But i'll bet everything i got it wasn't on the same level as Kyrie and Lebron. In the end it's his decision and im not going to bash him if he takes time off. This isn't a movie you dont just power through stuff like this. He'll probably play but if he didn't i wouldn't be mad about it.

You are wrong. They didn’t even follow each other on social media up until the last time Kobe came to Staples.

During Kobe’s retirement year a bunch of players threw Kobe a party in Toronto during the all star break. It was Melo..cp3 dWade. Lebron was not there. I’m not saying they weren’t friends but they had just started to get close. Even if you go back and listen to interviews of when Lebron got to LA initially it was obvious they weren’t close.

You want to talk little bro? Kyrie. That dude is a mess and him and Kobe are super super super close. Lebron should have NO ISSUE and I’m not trying to sound like a prick but he’s mostly connected to this because he’s a Laker now. This hurts most of us here on LG more than it hurts Bron or even most of the guys on this current team minus maybe Cook
x75274
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:08 am    Post subject:

Snipes wrote:
TMG wrote:
TMG wrote:
AD23 wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:

You are wrong. They didn’t even follow each other on social media up until the last time Kobe came to Staples.

During Kobe’s retirement year a bunch of players threw Kobe a party in Toronto during the all star break. It was Melo..cp3 dWade. Lebron was not there. I’m not saying they weren’t friends but they had just started to get close. Even if you go back and listen to interviews of when Lebron got to LA initially it was obvious they weren’t close.

You want to talk little bro? Kyrie. That dude is a mess and him and Kobe are super super super close. Lebron should have NO ISSUE and I’m not trying to sound like a prick but he’s mostly connected to this because he’s a Laker now. This hurts most of us here on LG more than it hurts Bron or even most of the guys on this current team minus maybe Cook

Just want to give you props sir because I think you are right. I never got the sense Kobe and Lebron were ever really that close. From the Olympic team it was only Melo that he seemed particularly close to. In judging their personalities, I would guess Bron wouldnt be too fond of Kobe in that they were of similar NBA stature but Kobe would bluntly and directly challenge a guy like Bron when Bron isnt particularly built to handle relationships that way (that interaction at the all star game when Bron passed to Deron Williams seemed very telling) Maybe just good acquaintances but a real friendship??? I dont see it. Out of all the current Lakers, it probably hits Dwight the hardest because of their personal history and how Dwight felt their relationship would have been mended over time.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:49 am    Post subject:

People need to chill on the gossip trying to pretend like they know who and how much they were affected. That's ignorant asf, you guys are better then that. Nobody here knows his personal relationships that well off the court, especially the last few years. On top of that the effects of loss is very different from person to person.

Let's just see what happens in time.......
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 1:38 am    Post subject:

Metro2Staples wrote:
So I decided to go to local Laker Season Ticket Holder watch parties (more than one of them) to hopefully watch LAbron pass Bryant.

I'm getting a custom made #LAbron cake with purple and gold frosting, an image of him, and a statement about him being #3 all time scorer.
http://forums.lakersground.net/
I've been wearing my Lebron Lakers shirt all week. Also seeing a LOT of Lebron Lakers jerseys and shirts around Los Angeles, especially this week. It's wild to see how quickly Bron has become an icon in Los Angeles.

I think it's long been time for you to go somewhere and (bleep) yourself, hard, and never come back here.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 1:52 am    Post subject:

Huey Lewis & The News wrote:
Metro2Staples wrote:
So I decided to go to local Laker Season Ticket Holder watch parties (more than one of them) to hopefully watch LAbron pass Bryant.

I'm getting a custom made #LAbron cake with purple and gold frosting, an image of him, and a statement about him being #3 all time scorer.
http://forums.lakersground.net/
I've been wearing my Lebron Lakers shirt all week. Also seeing a LOT of Lebron Lakers jerseys and shirts around Los Angeles, especially this week. It's wild to see how quickly Bron has become an icon in Los Angeles.

I think it's long been time for you to go somewhere and (bleep) yourself, hard, and never come back here.

AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 2:08 am    Post subject:

I’m pretty sure ChefLinda banned that dude earlier this week.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 2:37 am    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
I’m pretty sure ChefLinda banned that dude earlier this week.

Yep
lakerzkb8
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 2:42 am    Post subject:

These last few days are big moments in LeBron's life. It's the type of stuff that ages you a few years.
alleyoop
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 2:52 am    Post subject:

No matter whether the two were super close or not, LeBron is going to be mentally affected by this. Kobe is someone he would have looked up to in the early stages of his career, as with any aspiring NBA player. To pass Kobe's points record and receive Kobe's praise, only for him to pass away a day later, is obviously going to be shocking for him

That said - I think this will power Bron on to perform at the highest level he can for the remainder of the season, he's the kind that's mentally strong and mature enough to do what Kobe would have wished - keep playing through the struggles (Mamba Mentality etc). We all talked about this being a 'revenge year' for him - well now it's a tribute year. Do it for the Lakers, do it for the fans, and most importantly, do it for Kobe Bean
#18 next...
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 3:05 am    Post subject:

TheBlackMamba wrote:
Chilling to see Kobe's last post on Twitter directed at LBJ...in hindsight, the wording sounds so ominous and has a sense of finality as he passes the torch to Lebron.

Kobe Bryant

Verified account

@kobebryant
24h24 hours ago
More
Continuing to move the game forward @KingJames. Much respect my brother 💪🏾 #33644

Absolutely nuts.
You know, I got home from work the night he passed Kobe in points, made some dinner and sat my ass down on the couch to watch all the coverage and highlights and caught LeBron’s interview afterwards.
I was struck by how genuine he came across, not the normal kind of responses these superstars invariably have to learn in some capacity.
Even the rhythm of his speech was different, slower and more deliberate than normal. But soft too. Won’t lie, it touched me big time.
And as I sat there I decided to forget all the years I rooted against the guy and finally and fully open my heart to the dude as a member of our Great Laker Brotherhood. Leave any and all judgments behind and embrace the man as I would any other Laker..

It felt good.

I was genuinely happy for him and appreciative of everything he’s had to do to get to that moment. I remember seeing Kobe’s tweet pop up during the broadcast and smiling. I’ve been hard on LeBron in the past but suddenly I got to thinking what it must be like to be him. Having everyone kiss your ass since the age of 15 or 16. The media gushing and wide eyed at every little thing you say and do.
It’s not his fault that the media tried for years to rip on Kobe in order to proclaim LeBron the greatest ever. That (bleep) was hard to listen to Year after Year and unfortunately I took it out on him, which wasn’t really fair.

So I went to bed feeling Great, ready to watch the morning talk shows and thinking about Tuesday night’s game. Woke up early and started chatting with a few cats on here when the news started to break. Talk about surreal...

I’m just glad that I made that decision to embrace LeBron fully the night before this awful stuff. Feels more real to me. I know LeBron will make this organization proud in the coming months. This team is gonna have to breathe all the way in and let everything out in the next couple days.
But when they catch their balance I think all of us as Laker fans are about to witness something very Amazing.

Peace and Love to everyone here. Kobe is Eternal 🙏
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 3:22 am    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
oaktown_dimond wrote:
There is literally no other acceptable outcome. I believe he has it in him. Do it for Mamba and Gigi.

Same goes for AD. You wanted to be a Laker? Now show us.

LaLaLakeShow wrote:
oaktown_dimond wrote:
This has to have Lebron totally freaked out. He passes Kobe in all time scoring in a 20 point loss, then Kobe dies.

He knows what he's has to do...

He has to bleed purple and gold. He has to be willing to die for this team. Championship or die. Period.

Yes, I'm using the word "die" figuratively.

Watch him play in honor of Kobe
I feel we are about to see something very special

I can’t believe his girl was with him when the helicopter went down
That news hit me even harder, if that was even possible

Stop with this freaking nonsense. THIS IS NOT EVEN ABOUT BASKETBALL.

And all you're doing is setting LeBron, AD, and the team up for unbearable criticism by making it about that. STOP. You people ought to be ashamed of yourselves.

Kobe WAS basketball. He lived it and shared it with us all.
Maybe you feel it’s nonsense. I disagree completely.
Sports unites us. It can heal us. It’s certainly brought me some of the most joyful moments of my entire life..
I get that you’re in pain. We all are, man. I cried at least 10 times today.
I don’t think anyone is setting LeBron or the team we love up for unbearable criticisms. They’re gonna channel the kind of spirit Kobe embodied and make us all proud, whether they win or lose this season.

How are we supposed to heal if we can’t put all the love we had for Kobe behind our guys right now. I hope you can understand where I’m coming from on this one. Cause I don’t feel ashamed at all about feeling that way.

Kobe would absolutely want this team to reach for the stars
TMG
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:23 am    Post subject:

Snipes wrote:
TMG wrote:
TMG wrote:
AD23 wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:

Im not going to sit here and argue about how close they were. In the end none of us know how close they were. I wouldn't be mad if he decided to take some games off.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 5:20 am    Post subject:

Sigh, whether LeBron plays the next couple games or not is up to his mental health being, everybody mourn differently. One love Lakers fam. Life is above basketball. RIP La Mamba Negra... GOAT
ElginBaylor
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 6:12 am    Post subject:

My guess is he'll play as that's what the Mamba would have wanted and expected. Then again, as was already stated, everyone responds to the stages of grief in their own way.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 6:27 am    Post subject:

The official mantle of Lakers leadership has been given to LBJ for his stewardship. It always felt during LBJ's 1.5 years here that a lot of us didn't want that but now that is the reality. I know Kobe wanted that so I hope LBJ can do his best to honor his brother's legacy and make him proud.

This is going to take a long time to heal. Feels like a part of me is gone too. Will miss Kobe dearly.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 7:32 am    Post subject:

How do YOU define another man's right to grieve or not?

God Complex up in this thread
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 7:36 am    Post subject:

ContagiousInspiration wrote:
How do YOU define another man's right to grieve or not?

God Complex up in this thread

Yeah. I can't speak for LBJ and what he must be going through.

But I know a LOT of Lakers fans will now look up to LBJ to try to help unify the fanbase. That's a tough job for him but if there's anyone who can do it, it's hopefully LBJ.

But yeah, if this unbelievably difficult for some nobody like me who didn't have a deep relationship with Kobe, can't imagine how hard it must be for him right now.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 7:40 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:

But me personally .... as excited as I was for this season. Just thinking of watching a Laker home game makes me want to cry or not watch. You just think of Kobe, the times he had on the court. So it won’t be the same for me. I just can’t.

All the wind has gone out of the sails of the season for me.

It is going to be a long time before I can watch the Lakers play and not feel sad about Kobe.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1361, 1362, 1363 ... 2077, 2078, 2079  Next
Page 1362 of 2079
Jump to: