*** Los Angeles Lakers vs Philadelphia 76ers (01/25/20) Gm#46 ***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 49, 50, 51  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2020 8:23 pm    Post subject:

I used to think that we could win the championship as is, and that a trade would solidify our chances. But now I'm feeling like we NEED to make a trade to win the championship.

The one good thing about this loss is that it might give Rob Pelinka enough extra impetus to really go after making a trade.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2020 8:24 pm    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
After starting year 24-3 Lakers have since gone 12-7, with 6 of thoses losses vs teams over .500

Food for thought

Beat the remaining teams under .500 the rest of the way, we should be good for number 1 seed.
Number 8 seed is all but certain going to be a sub .500 team, so we only have to beat 3 teams better than .500 in the playoffs
Hope we get Utah, Denver and whoever wins the east
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2020 8:24 pm    Post subject:

Mamba81 wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:
Mamba81 wrote:
its because its lebron ball. ppl drilled me when i suggested trading ad and obviously it would never happen but i think honestly hes probably not the best fit for lebron like ppl think. lebron would probably be better off with a star talent guard that can score and another 3&D player or 2 than with ad. its nuts to even mention this but i do believe ad would be better suited with a kyrie or dame type than a lebron. thats just my opinion. ad is a beast dont take this comment for something its not. im just saying lebron + big men in the lane doesnt make sense.

Trade AD

Can’t say it doesn’t work when they scored 31 and 29. The rest of the team just didn’t bring it today and we got beat by a hungrier 76ers team who oddly plays with a much better flow with out Embiid

yea it sounds stupid right, but the way this roster is constructed we would 100% be more deadly without him. if this roster had more shooters thats a different story. we could just roll out ad at 5 (if he was willing to play it) and that changes the dynamic completely. but when ad is at the 4, clogging the lane, and mcgee or howard is at the 5 also clogging the lane. and avery broke ass bradley is out there, whats happening is ur completely ruining lebron ball. our only shot creator

Agreed.

Our best chance is AD playing the 5 exposing others centers and the rest just gotta step up. Including Lebron’s defense
Gandalf
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2020 8:26 pm    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
For some of you that think we shouldn’t make a move, you’re blind. We beat the easy teams, struggle against some of the better ones at times.

We need roster help.

Need another scorer.

Kuz stinks
Rondo stinks
Green is inconsistent
Bradley is inconsistent
Caruso doesn’t play enough
Howard doesn’t play enough

Stupid careless turnovers
Stupid careless passing

It can’t just be the Lebron show...need other threats. No one is a threat out there but Lebron. Even Davis is a weak threat at times.

I am not worried about chemistry....you need threats on the offensive side. Not just Lebron and Davis.

You won’t win a title with that only.

eureca
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2020 8:26 pm    Post subject:

Mamba81 wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:
Mamba81 wrote:
its because its lebron ball. ppl drilled me when i suggested trading ad and obviously it would never happen but i think honestly hes probably not the best fit for lebron like ppl think. lebron would probably be better off with a star talent guard that can score and another 3&D player or 2 than with ad. its nuts to even mention this but i do believe ad would be better suited with a kyrie or dame type than a lebron. thats just my opinion. ad is a beast dont take this comment for something its not. im just saying lebron + big men in the lane doesnt make sense.

Trade AD

Can’t say it doesn’t work when they scored 31 and 29. The rest of the team just didn’t bring it today and we got beat by a hungrier 76ers team who oddly plays with a much better flow with out Embiid

yea it sounds stupid right, but the way this roster is constructed we would 100% be more deadly without him. if this roster had more shooters thats a different story. we could just roll out ad at 5 (if he was willing to play it) and that changes the dynamic completely. but when ad is at the 4, clogging the lane, and mcgee or howard is at the 5 also clogging the lane. and avery broke ass bradley is out there, whats happening is ur completely ruining lebron ball. our only shot creator

It sounds stupid because you are suggesting trading a 26 year old top 5 player at 5% of his trade value when he actually wants to be here.

You aren't getting anything outstanding for him because he is a flight risk with only half a season left on his contract. That is unless of course you know he is staying.
JerryWest_44
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2020 8:31 pm    Post subject:

Playing AD at the forward position in this game didnt work
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2020 8:42 pm    Post subject:

Wont beat anyone going 6-31 from 3. That aspires to be embarrasing - its disgusting
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2020 8:52 pm    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
Wont beat anyone going 6-31 from 3. That aspires to be embarrasing - its disgusting

Exactly, those many wide open misses from the 3 will lose you a lot of games.
When they shoot well from the 3, they are unbeatable,
HermosaJoe
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2020 8:56 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
troy wrote:
leor_77 wrote:
troy wrote:
Very poor coaching on Vogel's part.

Guys missing open threes isn't his fault.

Why the hell does Vogel refuse to play our best shooters in Cook and Daniels.

Because they suck in all other aspects of the game

Then why are they taking up 2 spots on the roster? Don't play them for their offense because they suck at defense and everything else.

P.S. Kuzma sucks most of the time! Yeah, this team is winning the championship. Its going to be a tough road ahead.........
HermosaJoe
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2020 8:59 pm    Post subject:

HermosaJoe wrote:
drae wrote:
troy wrote:
leor_77 wrote:
troy wrote:
Very poor coaching on Vogel's part.

Guys missing open threes isn't his fault.

Why the hell does Vogel refuse to play our best shooters in Cook and Daniels.

Because they suck in all other aspects of the game

Then why are they taking up 2 spots on the roster? Don't play them for their offense because they suck at defense and everything else.

P.S. Kuzma sucks most of the time! Yeah, this team is winning the championship. Its going to be a tough road ahead.........

and you can add Green to the suck most of the time list.
JerryWest_44
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2020 9:11 pm    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:

But why do we have to shoot so many 3s?
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2020 9:14 pm    Post subject:

JerryWest_44 wrote:
DrDent wrote:

Good defenses are playing us to shoot 3s. They know we can't hang.
eureca
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2020 9:24 pm    Post subject:

LakerLogic wrote:
JerryWest_44 wrote:
DrDent wrote:

30.6 is our season average though. And that is low compared to other teams. Our percentage is 10th best. Or was not sure if the ESPN page is updated after tonight's game. We can make 3's. Just a bad night. Especially for Danny.
AJ
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2020 9:29 pm    Post subject:

Would have loved for this team to, you know, show up. Can't take this game seriously if the team doesn't.
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2020 9:37 pm    Post subject:

AJ wrote:
Would have loved for this team to, you know, show up. Can't take this game seriously if the team doesn't.

Agreed...

Look at the box score...

Lots of turnovers for Lebron and Davis but they at least scored.
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2020 9:53 pm    Post subject:

I am not panicking but we aren’t winning squat against the Bucks or Clippers without some adjustments or tweaks to the roster.
Chad09
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2020 10:06 pm    Post subject:

I hate seeing Rondo out there with LeBron.

Not expecting to beat the Clippers after the Celtics, 76ers games.
TMG
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2020 10:29 pm    Post subject:

Difference between a series and a game during the season. I have faith in a trade or two and Vogel stop screwing around with lineups come playoffs. We still have our superstars hopefully getting that extra gear come playoff aswell. There is something weird about this team. We haven't gotten the full potential yet. But 2 things are clear. We need an offensive creator and a wing defender. PG shouldn't be hard to get but Iggy might be.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2020 10:29 pm    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
I am not panicking but we aren’t winning squat against the Bucks or Clippers without some adjustments or tweaks to the roster.

I’m not sure if this is the team slumping or the defense gets exposed against the athletic wing teams. The lakers really having a tough time defending those teams.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2020 11:04 pm    Post subject:

LakerLogic wrote:
JerryWest_44 wrote:
DrDent wrote:

Both good points. I watched the first half and its pretty clear to me to equalize their chances vs Lakers teams like to pack it in, whether standard d, zone, or what have you, and they go under screens and if a pass rotates to an open guy they dont really try to get to the 3 line - they play the drive. Tonight the 76ers just dared the Lakers to hit 3s, many i saw were wide open with zero effort by a defender to challenge - so, yes, take the 3.

With that said if its not working, try something else. I dislike forcing 3s when theyre not falling.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2020 11:07 pm    Post subject:

eureca wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:
JerryWest_44 wrote:
DrDent wrote:

30.6 is our season average though. And that is low compared to other teams. Our percentage is 10th best. Or was not sure if the ESPN page is updated after tonight's game. We can make 3's. Just a bad night. Especially for Danny.

We have some extremes for sure. This game especially annoying since Lakers made it interesting with about 5 minutes to go before wheels completely fell off.
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2020 11:16 pm    Post subject:

By the way, who the hell is our (bleep) shooting coach? Fire them tomorrow.
lakersfan32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2020 11:32 pm    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
By the way, who the hell is our (bleep) shooting coach? Fire them tomorrow.

laker legend mike penberthy
Mamba81
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2020 11:41 pm    Post subject:

eureca wrote:
Mamba81 wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:
Mamba81 wrote:

Trade AD

It sounds stupid because you are suggesting trading a 26 year old top 5 player at 5% of his trade value when he actually wants to be here.

You aren't getting anything outstanding for him because he is a flight risk with only half a season left on his contract. That is unless of course you know he is staying.

yea i get that as i said it wouldnt happen but i stand by my point. this team with lebron would be better if you substituted ad for an allstar caliber perimeter player. it is what it is tho.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:17 am    Post subject:

eureca wrote:
troy wrote:
Is it me, or is there some tension between Lebron and Dwight...

Tension is normal. Especially when a game isn't going well. If you miss a rotation then Lebron is going to yell at you.

Then you yell back at the guy who consistently misses rotations.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 49, 50, 51  Next
Page 50 of 51
Jump to: