*** Los Angeles Lakers vs Philadelphia 76ers (01/25/20) Gm#46 ***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 48, 49, 50, 51  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mamba81
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2020 8:08 pm    Post subject:

the offense is not good enough. not enough shooters around lebron and ad. kcp and green the only shooters in our rotation. the bench sucks. kuzma sucks. lebrons the only one that can create offense. big holes. thanks pelinka good job dude!!
JJLakers
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

delete

Last edited by JJLakers on Sat Jan 25, 2020 8:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

MJST wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
Lebron is -22 tonight
Rondo at +1
Lol

That's why +/- is meaningless.

Yup. It’s sad how many people put stock in it.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

LakerSD wrote:
3-2 road trip out East is usually decent but this one feels empty outside of the Rockets win.

Again they struggle with an active, wing type team. The defensive strategy against Ben Simmons was absolutely horrible.

It’s put up or shut up time against the clippers.

And yes the Lakers need roster help.

Records are meaningless. Who the won against and who they lost to is more significant. Not the 3-2 record. If they were 2-3 but won against Foston and Philly, then that would have been better than the 3-2.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2020 8:09 pm    Post subject:

Mamba81 wrote:
the offense is not good enough. not enough shooters around lebron and ad. kcp and green the only shooters in our rotation. the bench sucks. kuzma sucks. lebrons the only one that can create offense. big holes. thanks pelinka good job dude!!

I don’t think there was much for pelinka to do given the situation. Maybe he can do something this summer
JerryWest_44
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2020 8:10 pm    Post subject:

ZeroDark30_ wrote:
All I’ll say is, since AD has come back from injury, this team has not looked as dangerous. Offensively we looked better with him out. We need his defense but we miss Cook and Daniels and their shooting. The team played more freely and with better rhythm.

Agreed -- I've never felt like the Lakers have fully integrated AD's strengths. In tonight's game AD all but disappeared late in the game - he was late defensively on Horford when we made the run & just doesn't put himself in a position to score clutch buckets when we need him.

Last edited by JerryWest_44 on Sat Jan 25, 2020 8:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2020 8:11 pm    Post subject:

ZeroDark30_ wrote:
All I’ll say is, since AD has come back from injury, this team has not looked as dangerous. Offensively we looked better with him out. We need his defense but we miss Cook and Daniels and their shooting. The team played more freely and with better rhythm.

That's actually a fair point...Maybe him taking shots away from guys is preventing them from getting into rhythm from three...Just guessing, to be honest.
JJLakers
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

If we don't make some serious changes we can forget about winning the NBA title. This team has serious fundamental/personnel/strategy issues and never learns from their mistakes. How many f*** turnovers everytime....Boston showed the NBA world how to beat the Lakers. 76ers did the same thing.

Clippers and Bucks are the better teams vs the Lakers.. No doubt about it.

Last edited by JJLakers on Sat Jan 25, 2020 8:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

Come playoffs time I dont expect Rondo/Lebron playing together... Those Rondo/Lebron to start the 2nd/4th quarter just don’t make sense specially if you need shooting and playing from behind.
TMG
Star Player
Star Player

Dont care about the RS anymore. All i want for us right now is to find the best lineup and bench unit for the playoffs. Kuz needs to go seriously get him out immediately for Rose or something. And a wing defender. We're going to have to tighten up that rotation come playoff time. This team rides on AD and Lebron for offense. But the main thing for us to hang on to games is defense when they're resting. Please Pelinka have a trade in you for a PG and a wing defender.
troy
Star Player
Star Player

Is it me, or is there some tension between Lebron and Dwight...
Gandalf
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2020 8:12 pm    Post subject:

Maybe if they work on their shooting, FTs and defense instead of their handshakes....
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2020 8:13 pm    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
3-2 road trip out East is usually decent but this one feels empty outside of the Rockets win.

Again they struggle with an active, wing type team. The defensive strategy against Ben Simmons was absolutely horrible.

It’s put up or shut up time against the clippers.

And yes the Lakers need roster help.

Records are meaningless. Who the won against and who they lost to is more significant. Not the 3-2 record. If they were 2-3 but won against Foston and Philly, then that would have been better than the 3-2.

Agree.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2020 8:14 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
6 for 31 from 3 at a whopping 19%... Story of the game!

It always seems to happen against the wing, length type teams.

More than 50% of those were wide freaking open shots... I feel like we always start slow when we try to get AD post ups from the start.

They must psyche themselves out seeing shadows.
Mamba81
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2020 8:14 pm    Post subject:

its because its lebron ball. ppl drilled me when i suggested trading ad and obviously it would never happen but i think honestly hes probably not the best fit for lebron like ppl think. lebron would probably be better off with a star talent guard that can score and another 3&D player or 2 than with ad. its nuts to even mention this but i do believe ad would be better suited with a kyrie or dame type than a lebron. thats just my opinion. ad is a beast dont take this comment for something its not. im just saying lebron + big men in the lane doesnt make sense.
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2020 8:15 pm    Post subject:

Coming out flat to start the game is really a major problem. Give teams hope early and they just hardly miss after that.

Rematch on my bday 3/3 at Staples
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2020 8:17 pm    Post subject:

Mamba81 wrote:
its because its lebron ball. ppl drilled me when i suggested trading ad and obviously it would never happen but i think honestly hes probably not the best fit for lebron like ppl think. lebron would probably be better off with a star talent guard that can score and another 3&D player or 2 than with ad. its nuts to even mention this but i do believe ad would be better suited with a kyrie or dame type than a lebron. thats just my opinion. ad is a beast dont take this comment for something its not. im just saying lebron + big men in the lane doesnt make sense.

Trade AD

Can’t say it doesn’t work when they scored 31 and 29. The rest of the team just didn’t bring it today and we got beat by a hungrier 76ers team who oddly plays with a much better flow with out Embiid
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2020 8:18 pm    Post subject:

Such a bad loss, there is no 3rd guy, Kuzma couldn’t do it, Green couldn’t do it, Caruso tried. LeBron and AD have to clearly outplay the other team’s stars, can’t have Ben Simmons and Harris sorta cancel them out. Congrats to LeBron on being the 3rd leading all time scorer but there were multiple Simmons drive to the hoop that he didn’t rotate... and AD played well but man, get ur butt in the post more. We need a booster, a juice
Btw, Van Gundy clearly has an agenda against either LeBron or the Lakers, every Lakers game he commenting, always insinuating LeBron gets preferential calls that the other team star doesn’t, shiet gets old. 2 bad losses against eastern contenders, we gotta show up for the clips and put a smack down
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2020 8:18 pm    Post subject:

After starting year 24-3 Lakers have since gone 12-7, with 6 of thoses losses vs teams over .500

Food for thought
eureca
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2020 8:19 pm    Post subject:

troy wrote:
Is it me, or is there some tension between Lebron and Dwight...

Tension is normal. Especially when a game isn't going well. If you miss a rotation then Lebron is going to yell at you. Maybe you get angry sometimes, but unless you are a baby you accept the criticism, move on and try to do better.
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2020 8:19 pm    Post subject:

For some of you that think we shouldn’t make a move, you’re blind. We beat the easy teams, struggle against some of the better ones at times.

We need roster help.

Need another scorer.

Kuz stinks
Rondo stinks
Green is inconsistent
Bradley is inconsistent
Caruso doesn’t play enough
Howard doesn’t play enough

Stupid careless turnovers
Stupid careless passing

It can’t just be the Lebron show...need other threats. No one is a threat out there but Lebron. Even Davis is a weak threat at times.

I am not worried about chemistry....you need threats on the offensive side. Not just Lebron and Davis.

You won’t win a title with that only.
Mamba81
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2020 8:20 pm    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:
Mamba81 wrote:

Trade AD

Can’t say it doesn’t work when they scored 31 and 29. The rest of the team just didn’t bring it today and we got beat by a hungrier 76ers team who oddly plays with a much better flow with out Embiid

yea it sounds stupid right, but the way this roster is constructed we would 100% be more deadly without him. if this roster had more shooters thats a different story. we could just roll out ad at 5 (if he was willing to play it) and that changes the dynamic completely. but when ad is at the 4, clogging the lane, and mcgee or howard is at the 5 also clogging the lane. and avery broke ass bradley is out there, whats happening is ur completely ruining lebron ball. our only shot creator
ksmgf
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2020 8:20 pm    Post subject:

Treble Clef wrote:
StoicChalice392 wrote:
We didn't have our killer instinct tonight and we still have Malibu Barbie on the team

Wow

DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2020 8:22 pm    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
For some of you that think we shouldn’t make a move, you’re blind. We beat the easy teams, struggle against some of the better ones at times.

We need roster help.

Need another scorer.

Kuz stinks
Rondo stinks
Green is inconsistent
Bradley is inconsistent
Caruso doesn’t play enough
Howard doesn’t play enough

Stupid careless turnovers
Stupid careless passing

It can’t just be the Lebron show...need other threats. No one is a threat out there but Lebron. Even Davis is a weak threat at times.

I am not worried about chemistry....you need threats on the offensive side. Not just Lebron and Davis.

You won’t win a title with that only.

Good point re the passes thats something they can control yet still have frustrating sequences of garbage unforced errors
Mamba81
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2020 8:22 pm    Post subject:

it is what it is. lebron on the court with 3 non shooters is the dumbest (bleep) ever to me. the fact that kcp and green are the only 2 players id consider to be shooters in our rotation is a joke as well!! i dont believe in this offense not in 2020
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 48, 49, 50, 51  Next
Page 49 of 51
Jump to: