Screw the Clips, Bucks Roster is the real threat
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2019 12:03 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
governator wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Not as worried about the loss to the Bucks.

Basically came down to Giannis making 5 of 8 from three. If he shoots his normal percentage (slightly worse than 3 of 8), it’s anybody’s game.

It also came down to Green hitting 7 of 12 from 3. That happens every game, right? But keep the moral victories. What is our record against over .500 teams?

I’ll keep the moral victories coming if you keep the Grandpa Grumblings coming.

What Giannis did has never happened in his career. He’s never hit 5 threes so we’re talking about an event that hasn’t ever occurred. In Danny’s case, he’s already hit seven threes a few weeks ago and on fewer tries and done it multiple times in his career. That you equate the two speaks volumes.

Our record over .500 teams is 8-5 which is right in line with the other top teams.

u not gonna win this one VLF, take the L

In before someone comes with the “6-5 vs .500 teams” which is incorrect.

I mean, like you said, DG lives on the perimeter on offense and has made 5+ threes in a game multiple times this season so it's not unlikely to happen but Giannis offensive game is majority driving to the hoop, not camped out for open 3s like DG... don't really know why I jump on this one lol
Laker_Dynasty_01
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2019 12:06 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

Basically came down to Giannis making 5 of 8 from three. If he shoots his normal percentage (slightly worse than 3 of 8), it’s anybody’s game.

It also came down to Green hitting 7 of 12 from 3. That happens every game, right? But keep the moral victories. What is our record against over .500 teams?

What Giannis did has never happened in his career. He’s never hit 5 threes so we’re talking about an event that hasn’t ever occurred. In Danny’s case, he’s already hit seven threes a few weeks ago and on fewer tries and done it multiple times in his career. That you equate the two speaks volumes.

Our record over .500 teams is 8-5 which is right in line with the other top teams.

Considering Giannis needed five threes (and that tough fadeaway over Green, haven't seen that from him before) to get 34 points, our gameplan was solid, the bench just failed to show up.

Going into Tuesday, when AD didn't play, we had won 8 of our last 10 vs teams over .500.

Over the last 10 outings (soon to be 11), the Lakers haven't played in the same city in consecutive games. This was essentially our Rodeo/Circus trip that the Spurs and Bulls did for years.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2019 12:11 pm    Post subject:

Laker_Dynasty_01 wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

Considering Giannis needed five threes (and that tough fadeaway over Green, haven't seen that from him before) to get 34 points, our gameplan was solid, the bench just failed to show up.

Going into Tuesday, when AD didn't play, we had won 8 of our last 10 vs teams over .500.

Over the last 10 outings (soon to be 11), the Lakers haven't played in the same city in consecutive games. This was essentially our Rodeo/Circus trip that the Spurs and Bulls did for years.

Yep. I said it during the game. I'll take it if Freak has to play like Curry. I'll take that every time. He hits those, like AD and Bron says, "tip your hat to him."
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2019 12:14 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
governator wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

I mean, like you said, DG lives on the perimeter on offense and has made 5+ threes in a game multiple times this season so it's not unlikely to happen but Giannis offensive game is majority driving to the hoop, not camped out for open 3s like DG... don't really know why I jump on this one lol

Right. It was just a horrible retort. Lol.

Now, if it was Jared Dudley or Avery Bradley or someone who else that had never hit 5 or 7 threes then ok, there’s an argument there.

If’s funny because it isnt even a moral victory to me. There are Ws that feel like losses. And losses where, I don’t think it is clear as to whether we have inherent issues or whether there were facets that were unique to that game occurring.

We spent 22/29 days on the road, that was our last game before coming home, Giannis scored almost half his points behind the 3pt line, those COULD be outlier type factors. Or maybe not, maybe there is something inherent. More sample size would certainly help clarify that.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2019 12:44 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
governator wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
governator wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

Right. It was just a horrible retort. Lol.

Now, if it was Jared Dudley or Avery Bradley or someone who else that had never hit 5 or 7 threes then ok, there’s an argument there.

If’s funny because it isnt even a moral victory to me. There are Ws that feel like losses. And losses where, I don’t think it is clear as to whether we have inherent issues or whether there were facets that were unique to that game occurring.

We spent 22/29 days on the road, that was our last game before coming home, Giannis scored almost half his points behind the 3pt line, those COULD be outlier type factors. Or maybe not, maybe there is something inherent. More sample size would certainly help clarify that.

He would have to shoot like that over a 7 game series to beat us in the Finals. I would take my chances with a few minor defensive tweaks.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2019 12:55 pm    Post subject:

Where are the people who said giannis have evolved at shooting 3s? They better watch the sixers game
One game doesn’t make you a great 3 point shooter, and one game doesn’t make you worse
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2019 1:14 pm    Post subject:

Toronto put the blueprint to beat the bucks.
BlackStarMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:46 pm    Post subject:

still on pace for 70 as i predicted
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:47 pm    Post subject:

His 32% isn't exactly making teams cower
x75274
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:19 pm    Post subject:

I mean there so many people who overreact to dumb (bleep). Anybody who knows basketball knew that the gameplan to keep Giannis out of the paint was solid and to let him shoot 3's. Anybody who actually has watched enough basketball also knows that Giannis has very ugly shot mechanics and the chances of that one game against the Lakers likely to being a springboard to new three point shooting ability was extremely unlikely. Watching Giannis shoot threes is like watching Worthy shooting a three back in the day - yea he can make it but you know there is no way in hell he will ever be a great 3 shooter shooting like that
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:31 am    Post subject:

0-5 vs teams with athletic wings....and team is soft they get punched in the mouth they fold.
BlackStarMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2020 7:56 pm    Post subject:

Beat Philly by 30
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2020 8:09 pm    Post subject:

Very scary team. Giannis has such a deep roster behind him. Any hopes of Lebron grabbing a fifth MVP are pretty much shot.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:35 pm    Post subject:

Can't wait for the bucks to lose in round 2.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2020 1:38 am    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
Where are the people who said giannis have evolved at shooting 3s? They better watch the sixers game
One game doesn’t make you a great 3 point shooter, and one game doesn’t make you worse

That's what i've been saying. the Lakers win that game most nights (or at worst it is a game that instead comes down to the final seconds) but Giannis stepped up and had one of his only really good 3 point shooting nights of his career. Give him credit but he's not doing that for an entire series.

To put it in perspective he'd be the worst 3 point shooter on our entire roster and is 4.5% behind Rondo this season.

Maybe in the future he becomes even more reliable but at this point his 3 point shot is not scary at all, especially over an entire series. If you're playing against him and he is taking 5+ threes your defense is doing there job. He's still an absolute beast and that team is deeeeeep and should be considered the best team in basketball until proven otherwise but they aren't unbeatable. The game we got against them next month is one of my most anticipated games of this second half especially since both teams will have 1-2 days off before it so no excuses.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2020 2:48 am    Post subject:

hype wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:

That's what i've been saying. the Lakers win that game most nights (or at worst it is a game that instead comes down to the final seconds) but Giannis stepped up and had one of his only really good 3 point shooting nights of his career. Give him credit but he's not doing that for an entire series.

To put it in perspective he'd be the worst 3 point shooter on our entire roster and is 4.5% behind Rondo this season.

Maybe in the future he becomes even more reliable but at this point his 3 point shot is not scary at all, especially over an entire series. If you're playing against him and he is taking 5+ threes your defense is doing there job. He's still an absolute beast and that team is deeeeeep and should be considered the best team in basketball until proven otherwise but they aren't unbeatable. The game we got against them next month is one of my most anticipated games of this second half especially since both teams will have 1-2 days off before it so no excuses.

They are clearly an awesome team (at some point, you have to recognize 48-8 and a +12.4 PPG differential), but I agree that they are beatable. You saw at the end of the All-Star Game how Giannis wasn't able to just impose his will in the halfcourt. (It's kind of the same for us with LeBron, if I'm being honest.) We have the type of defense that can do enough to bother them in a 7-game series, and of course I think the reverse is true. Just have to do the best job we can to not let them get out in transition and to play good halfcourt defense in crunch time. They are still a 1-star team, and historically, those don't win championships very often. (I realize that happened last year, but that was due to extraordinarily bad injury luck for the Warriors.)

As for which team in the East could give them trouble, I don't see Philly being one of those teams, and I'm not just saying that because of the loss last night (and they didn't have Simmons). Philly has been a deplorable road team this season, so I don't see how Philly beats them without home-court advantage. I could see Toronto and Boston giving them trouble, though, and possibly Miami and Indiana too. Indiana is 14-13 on the road, and though Oladipo is struggling so far, if he were to revert back to his '17-18 form, they could be interesting.
Snipes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2020 3:37 am    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:

This won’t age well.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2020 7:23 am    Post subject:

Snipes wrote:
epic_ wrote:

This won’t age well.

I can see the Celtics/Sixers/Raptors beating them in a 7 game series, Greak Freak's jumpers still not as reliable against paint packing
ThePageDude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2020 8:47 am    Post subject:

Celts/Raptors/Miami all look threatening.
BUT .. Bucks play amazingly well even without Giannis - and have done so now for 50+ games. To my eye they're one level above everyone else in the Eastern Conference for sure.

governator wrote:
Snipes wrote:
epic_ wrote:

This won’t age well.

I can see the Celtics/Sixers/Raptors beating them in a 7 game series, Greak Freak's jumpers still not as reliable against paint packing
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2020 9:24 am    Post subject:

ThePageDude wrote:
BUT .. Bucks play amazingly well even without Giannis - and have done so now for 50+ games. To my eye they're one level above everyone else in the Eastern Conference for sure.

governator wrote:
Snipes wrote:
epic_ wrote:

This won’t age well.

Bucks the fav for sure, you're right about that. Just that I won't be surprised if they got beat
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2020 10:07 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
ThePageDude wrote:

governator wrote:
Snipes wrote:
epic_ wrote:

This won’t age well.

Bucks the fav for sure, you're right about that. Just that I won't be surprised if they got beat

It is quite possible. While unlikely, the Bucks could lose to one of these teams. These are just made up percentages but if they have a 90% chance against their 1st round opponent, 80% chance in the semifinals, and 70% chance in the EC finals, that would only give them about a 50% chance of making it to the finals.

Realistically I see a healthy Lakers as having around a 0% chance of losing a series to any team that isn't the Bucks or Clippers. They would probably be slight underdogs against those two teams but if the Bucks and/or Clippers get knocked out by other teams, the playoffs would be a breeze.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2020 4:14 pm    Post subject:

Celtics are going to take out the Bucks if they meet, imo.
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2020 4:15 pm    Post subject:

Kemba was an upgrade.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2020 4:27 pm    Post subject:

Snipes wrote:
epic_ wrote:

This won’t age well.

If they lose in the ECF, does it still count?
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
Brawn13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2020 6:35 pm    Post subject:

After watching Celtics vs us and the Clips, I’m not entirely sure Bucks are a lock to make it to the finals.

The jump Tatum made as a player this year has been unbelievable.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 12 of 17
Jump to: