View previous topic :: View next topic  
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:44 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
JerryWest_44 wrote:
Roger O. Thornhill wrote:
Lakers sucked tonight, and have most nights against contenders. I'd like to see that change!

Lakers were just not engaged --- no big deal

The biggest problem is people acting like losses like these aren't a problem and don't reveal any issues with the team that need to be rectified.

Believing in this 'they'll flick the switch when it matters' mentality is never a good idea.

Artest4Three wrote:
I appreciate that the Lakers take care of the Pelicans and Hawks of the world, but they really need to stop getting punk'd by the Bucks, Clippers, and Celtics.

This

The way you're framing this is laughable. This is not about flipping a switch. They had won 10 of their last 11 going into tonight and just came off a big win against a contender two days ago, even without AD. You have to actually be losing (or at least barely winning because you're getting by on talent) for there to be some proverbial switch to flip. It was just a horrible loss and a poor effort. Games like this have not been the norm, so stop pulling these wild narratives out of thin air, Mr. Bayless.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:44 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
MJST wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
Quote:
@LakerFilmRoom
·
3m
The Lakers are don't react well to getting punched in the mouth at all. Their instinct so far this season has been to give in rather than fight back. It's my biggest concern about this team because the playoffs are full of those moments.

Quote:
@LakerFilmRoom
·
9m
What a lifeless performance. Against the Celtics of all teams. smh

Yeah the 'frontrunner that folds when you punch them in the mouth' is a label our team seemed to be getting, even Screamin A said it, and now GT as well. Gotta feel that's what other teams are starting to realize.

we're definitely not scaring anyone right now.

I dunno seems like an overreact? I didnt see this game but did the others- recent losses v bucks and clippers werent “we give up fests”, more like “how is giannis hitting career 3s” and “lbj/ad 3-18 from 3”...competitive games. This one just an eye popper
x75274
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:46 pm    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
Concerning that so far in the “statement” prime games the Lakers have crapped their pants!

How does any Laker team go into Boston and play with so little intensity or heart? Disappointing.

I mean it happens though right? Think about it....everyone knew we were better than Boston in 1984 and we crap the bed with several stupid mental mistakes that costs us the championship and then comeback in 1985 Game 1 at the place where our season ended the year before to an inferior team and they smack the (bleep) out of us in Game 1 and this was for the highest stakes. Kareem got massacred by the press back then after that Game 1 performance. We will show up in the next game at Staples.
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:49 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
ContagiousInspiration wrote:
Got some Grapefruit Durban here.
Tasty and stimulating with good euphoria

THIS ^^^

JJLakers
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:50 pm    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:
Sure I agree they are nothing compared to Giannis and Kawhi but ironically the Rockets and Nuggets have beaten the Clippers. An The Jazz and Mavs have beaten the Bucks.

True, but the teams you mentioned are playoff teams so i would expect them to win at least 1 or 2 games in a season or playoff series vs Bucks or Clippers.

The Lakers better win some games against the Clippers and Bucks pre-playoff. otherwise i will be very concerned.
Goldenwest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:54 pm    Post subject:

Lakers didn’t look like the lakers tonight

Basketball is such a mental game
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:54 pm    Post subject:

Solid ass kicking by the Celtics. I'm not concerned at all about them.
x75274
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:55 pm    Post subject:

JJLakers wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:
Sure I agree they are nothing compared to Giannis and Kawhi but ironically the Rockets and Nuggets have beaten the Clippers. An The Jazz and Mavs have beaten the Bucks.

True, but the teams you mentioned are playoff teams so i would expect them to win at least 1 or 2 games in a season or playoff series vs Bucks or Clippers.

The Lakers better win some games against the Clippers and Bucks pre-playoff. otherwise i will be very concerned.

Remember in 2010 when the Cavaliers seemed to finally solve our size problem with fat Shaq and not only finished with a better regular season than us 61 wins vs 57 wins but also beat us both times convincingly in the regular season? Maybe the 76ers will do us a favor and take out the Bucks for us because I dont see the 76ers as much of a threat with their own spacing issues and they have to beat us with their size which we are well equiped for.
LAII
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:00 pm    Post subject:

Lakers sucked tonight, and have most nights against contenders. I'd like to see that change!

They actually have the most wins in the league against above 500 teams at least until tonight. Not sure now.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:04 pm    Post subject:

LAII wrote:

They actually have the most wins in the league against above 500 teams at least until tonight. Not sure now.

Im pretty sure if i watched this game id be super angry over the effort piece. With that said i think we will be fine. 76ers and clippers coming up soon so we can see how they do. Just make sure to at least sweep the NY leg of the trip!
Goldenwest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:07 pm    Post subject:

LAII wrote:

yeah, they've pretty much dominated everyone in the west except the clippers

i wouldn't worry too much about tonight, i'm sure Magic's showtime was beaten pretty badly in Boston more than once by Larry and company
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:17 pm    Post subject:

So, I will try my beat to not be concerned but the effort was lousy today, just lousy.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:46 pm    Post subject:

We got beat by the Celtics and gave up 137 points in the process.

It wasn't just the loss but the way they lost after Boston punched them in the mouth after the strong start.
akgolf
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:58 pm    Post subject:

May 27 1985.

Boston 148 Lakers 114.

It happens.
LAII
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:09 pm    Post subject:

I am going to say it again and go on saying it. The Lakers are a reflection of their best player: LeBron. Lebron wants to win a regular season games, but is not going to lose any sleep if he doesn't. The team is a mirror of this. The Laker's opponents play every game like their lives depend on it. LeBron.. Not so much. They play every opponent just about the same way. They try to win, and their good at it, but they are not playing like their lives depend on it. They're just not.
h2omike
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:15 pm    Post subject:

What the hell was that?
Jocinetu
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:22 pm    Post subject:

We will be fine. Lebron is a type of player, that have superb experience in Playoff situations just over everyone in this league. Winner of this season will be decided in WCF between Lakers and Clippers. Eastern conference isn't on that level yet. Pretty much like 2000/01 trough 2002/03 seasons.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:22 pm    Post subject:

Goldenwest wrote:
LAII wrote:

yeah, they've pretty much dominated everyone in the west except the clippers

i wouldn't worry too much about tonight, i'm sure Magic's showtime was beaten pretty badly in Boston more than once by Larry and company

Lakers currently have either split, leading, or outright win (mavs) all season series games v western conference opponents - only clippers have remained elusive
AJ
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:00 pm    Post subject:

Following up the most solid win of the season with this clunker? No bueno.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:25 pm    Post subject:

akgolf wrote:
May 27 1985.

Boston 148 Lakers 114.

It happens.

Yep, it was the massacre at the Garden, relived tonight, with different faces and names...
Nobody
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:26 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
Quote:
@LakerFilmRoom
·
3m
The Lakers are don't react well to getting punched in the mouth at all. Their instinct so far this season has been to give in rather than fight back. It's my biggest concern about this team because the playoffs are full of those moments.

Quote:
@LakerFilmRoom
·
9m

Yeah the 'frontrunner that folds when you punch them in the mouth' is a label our team seemed to be getting, even Screamin A said it, and now GT as well. Gotta feel that's what other teams are starting to realize.

Oddly enough the Lakers have gone down big and fought back often. They also have the most wins vs. teams .500 and above in the league (12). A disappointing loss yes, but not one to be blown out of proportion.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:33 pm    Post subject:

Nobody wrote:
MJST wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
Quote:
@LakerFilmRoom
·
3m

Quote:
@LakerFilmRoom
·
9m

Oddly enough the Lakers have gone down big and fought back often. They also have the most wins vs. teams .500 and above in the league (12). A disappointing loss yes, but not one to be blown out of proportion.

they're 5-6 vs. top 4 teams in each conference...
Goldenwest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:51 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Nobody wrote:
MJST wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
Quote:
@LakerFilmRoom
·
3m

Quote:
@LakerFilmRoom
·
9m

How many of those are road games? Or with AD or Lebron out?
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:56 pm    Post subject:

Goldenwest wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Nobody wrote:
MJST wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
Quote:
@LakerFilmRoom
·
3m

Quote:
@LakerFilmRoom
·
9m

Good point, don’t know..I just heard it on Locked On and parroted it cuz I want us to improve the roster
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:31 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Goldenwest wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Nobody wrote:
MJST wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
Quote:
@LakerFilmRoom
·
3m

Quote:
@LakerFilmRoom
·
9m

Good point, don’t know..I just heard it on Locked On and parroted it cuz I want us to improve the roster

Off top of my head losses at bucks, celtics and down i believe LBJ v nuggets

Other 3 losses vs top 4 are 2 vs clips and at home v raptors

These stats a bit goofy since top 4 teams will change and some team now under .500 may go over before end of season. Spurs were over .500 when lakers beat them earlier in year and OKC back then was under .500.

For me its how they play vs contenders. They were competitive in bucks game, and gave away one vs clips. This game v boston i believe just an outlier vs a desperate team.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 41, 42, 43  Next
Page 42 of 43
Jump to: