QFTOS: Rockets Edition 1-18-2020
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 4:22 pm    Post subject:

defense wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:
eureca wrote:
How quickly things change.

The organization doesn't seem like it's in a good place. They definitely are heading towards a D'antoni/Morey firing. What I don't get is why didn't they just fire D'antoni before the season, if they were going to completely neuter him by firing his assistant coaches? It was especially bazaar when they decided to fire their defensive coach Jeff Bzdelik. Rockets finally look competent defensively under him and they fire him. It's not a shocker the Rockets are in turn one of the worst defensive teams this season. Felt like the owner wanted to be petty with D'antoni for some reason.

A lot of self-inflicted wounds. The cheapness (not bringing back their wing defenders a few seasons back) hurt them. CP3 and Harden being their own worst enemies. All they probably had to do was keep their team and continuity and wait for an opportunity with the Warriors to have some bad luck or wear down, and the Rockets would be right there.

I think Morey may try to go all in on something at the deadline to give him/them some hope.

They can't trade Gordon until the offseason, so they would have to aggregate Capela and Tucker to be able to bring back a high-salaried player.

Unless their trading them for a Buddy Hield or Karl-Anthony Towns, I don't know who they could get to help. I'd play Harden at the 1, surround him with knockdown shooters at the 2 & 3, a stretch 4 and a 5 who can score. Forget D - pace, space and win every game 165-160.

Dantoni has been trying this for what 15 years now? With hall of famers too. At some point you need defense

Seriously.
If you have a so so night shooting the ball then you almost guarantee yourself a loss.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:03 pm    Post subject:

Capela and Tucker for Kevin Love works in terms of salary. Both Capela and Love have 3 seasons (after this one) remaining on their deals. The Cavs could use Capela as their starting center in place of the expiring Tristan Thompson. With Tucker's $8MM for next year (he expires after next season), and with Capela's contract, the Cavs would be on the hook for about $63.6MM total. Since Love is due another $91.5MM, this means that the Cavs would save $27.9MM in this trade. If the Rockets didn't have to give up a 1st here, I wonder if they would just gamble even further and do this,
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:17 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
Capela and Tucker for Kevin Love works in terms of salary. Both Capela and Love have 3 seasons (after this one) remaining on their deals. The Cavs could use Capela as their starting center in place of the expiring Tristan Thompson. With Tucker's $8MM for next year (he expires after next season), and with Capela's contract, the Cavs would be on the hook for about $63.6MM total. Since Love is due another $91.5MM, this means that the Cavs would save $27.9MM in this trade. If the Rockets didn't have to give up a 1st here, I wonder if they would just gamble even further and do this,

If you thought the Rockets defense was bad now , taking away Clint and PJ would certainly not help

Well it is Dantoni and Kevin Love would probably be his all time fantasy player.....
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:33 am    Post subject:

Harden is the only true super star I absolutely have zero respect for and can't stand watching him play outside of Lakers games. It just feels like he is cheating the game and more worried about getting foul calls then even making the basket much of the time. The sad thing is he is actually a damn good player without all the theatrics and could be an exciting player to watch.

His style will never win a championship imo. You see it year after year once he reaches the Playoffs. Those teams with CP3 and solid defenders all around was his final chance.

Westbrook's massive contract goes through 2022-23 season and by that time Harden will be entering his mid 30's so good luck trying to create a quick new contender because I don't see the Rockets being able to move him anytime over the next few seasons at least.

Harden's also going to have to drastically change his game to remain relevant in the NBA as he ages imo. His play style is extremely taxing and it's going to wear on him quick as he leaves his prime years.
cathy78
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:44 am    Post subject:

hype wrote:
Harden is the only true super star I absolutely have zero respect for and can't stand watching him play outside of Lakers games. It just feels like he is cheating the game and more worried about getting foul calls then even making the basket much of the time. The sad thing is he is actually a damn good player without all the theatrics and could be an exciting player to watch.

His style will never win a championship imo. You see it year after year once he reaches the Playoffs. Those teams with CP3 and solid defenders all around was his final chance.

Westbrook's massive contract goes through 2022-23 season and by that time Harden will be entering his mid 30's so good luck trying to create a quick new contender because I don't see the Rockets being able to move him anytime over the next few seasons at least.

Harden's also going to have to drastically change his game to remain relevant in the NBA as he ages imo. His play style is extremely taxing and it's going to wear on him quick as he leaves his prime years.

I agree, but he just may get lucky if his offense is on and the other teams have bad luck with injuries.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:08 am    Post subject:

hype wrote:

Harden will be entering his mid 30's so good luck trying to create a quick new contender because I don't see the Rockets being able to move him anytime over the next few seasons at least.

Harden's flopping and living on the FT line might actually age well if the refs continue to reward his dishonest gaming of the system that he has seem to have perfected more than any player in league history.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:22 am    Post subject:

Prob need both Love+Tristan then need to rejuvenate (but still ain’t get to touch the ball) Ego then need to reverse Harden/Westbrook role and they still gonna lose to us
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:12 am    Post subject:

LandsbergerRules wrote:
hype wrote:

Harden will be entering his mid 30's so good luck trying to create a quick new contender because I don't see the Rockets being able to move him anytime over the next few seasons at least.

Harden's flopping and living on the FT line might actually age well if the refs continue to reward his dishonest gaming of the system that he has seem to have perfected more than any player in league history.

Dwyane Wade comes to mind
Early LeBron
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:40 am    Post subject:

Harden should shave his beard...
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:00 am    Post subject:

unleasHell wrote:

Players get called for fouls if they make contact with it
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:06 am    Post subject:

ContagiousInspiration wrote:
unleasHell wrote:

Players get called for fouls if they look at it

FIFY.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:46 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
ContagiousInspiration wrote:
unleasHell wrote:

Players get called for fouls if they look at it

FIFY.

got me
made me laugh
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:19 pm    Post subject:

Morey. Another blow to the analytics community! 🤣🤣🤣

Should have majored in “chemistry” instead.
Kava
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:05 pm    Post subject:

Just checked into the thread to see if Dreamshake had any add'l QFOS.

Bueller.....

Bueller.........
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: