ESPN: There's a gap between Clippers and Lakers (Clipper/Laker Discussion)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 137, 138, 139 ... 440, 441, 442  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:27 am    Post subject:

LakersARETheGOAT wrote:
Harlemlakerfan wrote:
StatMuse @statmuse
about 30 minutes ago
The Lakers have 12 wins vs .500 teams this season — the most in the NBA.

But..... but..... the Lakers have had an easy schedule......

No one talks about the bucks schedule, I mean just look at it seriously look at it lol media loves to hate the Lakers

Because the forecast for the Lakers was to be a team that has inept ownership, inept novice GM/president, a declining superstar, and a team that overpaid for its second superstar to the point there was not enough depth around the team. Oh and that they hired a coach who was not the best. So they expected the Lakers to win about 50 this year and bow out in round 2. Now we may still come up short in the playoffs, its a whole new animal then. But none of these experts anticipated team chemistry, coaching and the Lakers FO to look this good in their decision making. They thought Lakers lost too much talent, and with no Kawhi they were just a 2 superstar team that could not get enough RS wins.

I do think many have come around to accept this is reality. About 10 games in, they were still talking about how there's no way Dwight keeps this up or the Lakers keep winning at 65-70 win pace. Now they don't talk about that anymore, they talk about what small moves we may need to make to win it all.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:41 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
LakersARETheGOAT wrote:
Harlemlakerfan wrote:
StatMuse @statmuse
about 30 minutes ago

No one talks about the bucks schedule, I mean just look at it seriously look at it lol media loves to hate the Lakers

Because the forecast for the Lakers was to be a team that has inept ownership, inept novice GM/president, a declining superstar, and a team that overpaid for its second superstar to the point there was not enough depth around the team. Oh and that they hired a coach who was not the best. So they expected the Lakers to win about 50 this year and bow out in round 2. Now we may still come up short in the playoffs, its a whole new animal then. But none of these experts anticipated team chemistry, coaching and the Lakers FO to look this good in their decision making. They thought Lakers lost too much talent, and with no Kawhi they were just a 2 superstar team that could not get enough RS wins.

I do think many have come around to accept this is reality. About 10 games in, they were still talking about how there's no way Dwight keeps this up or the Lakers keep winning at 65-70 win pace. Now they don't talk about that anymore, they talk about what small moves we may need to make to win it all.

Wrong about something
Make up something new
Rinse repeat
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:21 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
LakersARETheGOAT wrote:
Harlemlakerfan wrote:
StatMuse @statmuse
about 30 minutes ago

Good analysis. 42 games is enough of a sample size to see that the Lakers FO actually knew what they were doing.

FWIW, I am firmly convinced that it was the Clippers' PR machine pushing the "Lakers are inept" narrative in the media.
SPO200
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:26 am    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
LakersARETheGOAT wrote:
Harlemlakerfan wrote:
StatMuse @statmuse
about 30 minutes ago

Good analysis. 42 games is enough of a sample size to see that the Lakers FO actually knew what they were doing.

FWIW, I am firmly convinced that it was the Clippers' PR machine pushing the "Lakers are inept" narrative in the media.

Well, to be fair, after last year it was easy to follow that narrative. Everything done after signing LeBron was a disaster. Sometimes I wonder what would have happened if the signings would have been more similar to this year's and the coach would have been Vogel instead of Luke.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:49 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:
Kawhi is not the same defender anymore.

that's what Raptor fans said last regular season.. and even Nick Nurse said he expected Kawhi to turn it up in the playoffs... and then he did for the MIL series..and when he needed to in the playoffs.
He's not the same athlete he was in San Antone, but lets not act like he wasn't gimpy last post-season too, and put up great performances on both sides of the ball.

Kawhi is beginning to turn it up now, both in scoring and in Doc putting him on the best opponent.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:55 am    Post subject:

lakerican wrote:
Meh, maybe it is just me, but this performance, getting salvage by the refs time after time, to the Pels, it is no thing to brag/ hype about. That foul called to DFavors boxing out was just ridiculous.

Defense, what defense??

Actually that foul was the perfect call. Allowing players to walk back under another player who is in the air is extremely dangerous.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:17 am    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
LakersARETheGOAT wrote:
Harlemlakerfan wrote:
StatMuse @statmuse
about 30 minutes ago

Lakers had a strong (amazing) plan A scenario of Lebron, Kawhi, AD. With some vet min players around them like (probably would have been) Dwight, Rondo, Daniels, Dudley, Caruso. And of course Kuzma. Who may have been dealt in that scenario for a quality 2 guard. You could probably count the rings there, maybe 2 at least.

Plan B was to bring in Danny Green, Bradley, McGee - as many 2-way role players as possible, some gifted shooting, because lord knows Lebron (and AD) teams need it. So we end up having contingency deals with Danny Green, Bradley, KCP, McGee - and brought in those same vet min players we would have with Kawhi such as Rondo, Dwight, Dudley, Daniels etc. Caruso is back as he is developing player and so is Kuzma. From very early on you heard rumblings about Lebron as point guard - something you did not hear before with Walton as coach. Vogel and Rob got on the same page with Lebron, and they built a team with plan B as Lebron as the point. This is why we're doing well under plan B.

Now they continue to show patience in Kuzma, which I am happy about. A lot of fans would have traded Kuzma already, or upset at him not becoming as good as Ingram (he was never the same talent Ingram was, look at where they were drafted). But he is also developing, and it's nice to see the Lakers continue to show patience.

Hopefully Rob can continue to add a piece or two, because we can use it to strengthen our bench.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 12:36 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Doc putting him on the best opponent.

to get burned
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 12:47 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

to get burned

Bro, if KL gets it done in the playoffs this year on defense you are gonna be left in the cold so hard with how much you discount the dude
You could be spot on too, of course...just fair warning
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 12:53 pm    Post subject:

LaLaLakeShow wrote:
drae wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

to get burned

Bro, if KL gets it done in the playoffs this year on defense you are gonna be left in the cold so hard with how much you discount the dude

Don't worry. Karma just whacked me for ragging on the Clips so hard. Dropped a glass cup which shattered and cut my hand pretty deep. Currently wondering if it does or does not need stitches

Yeah ... this is gonna need stitches
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 12:56 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
drae wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

to get burned

Don't worry. Karma just whacked me for ragging on the Clips so hard. Dropped a glass cup which shattered and cut my hand pretty deep. Currently wondering if it does or does not need stitches

Damn, Dogg
sebadoh128
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 3:02 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
drae wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

to get burned

You could have avoided that injury if you were load managing.
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 3:23 pm    Post subject:

sebadoh128 wrote:
drae wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
drae wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

to get burned

You could have avoided that injury if you were load managing.

lar9149
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 3:36 pm    Post subject:

[quote="wolfpaclaker"]
LakersARETheGOAT wrote:
Harlemlakerfan wrote:
StatMuse @statmuse
about 30 minutes ago

FYI. The Bucks have played 29 (28-1) Games against sub 500 teams and this is the most in the NBA
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 5:10 pm    Post subject:

The whole easy/hard schedule thing is just fanspeak, it isn’t a real thing. Teams play the same schedule relative to their divisions.
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 5:36 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:

LINK
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 5:54 pm    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:
drae wrote:

LINK

Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 6:04 pm    Post subject:

[quote="lar9149"]
wolfpaclaker wrote:
LakersARETheGOAT wrote:
Harlemlakerfan wrote:
StatMuse @statmuse
about 30 minutes ago

FYI. The Bucks have played 29 (28-1) Games against sub 500 teams and this is the most in the NBA

I just checked Bucks remaining schedule and it really picks up after the all-star game. We should have a good shot to overtake them for homecourt throughout the playoffs after the break.
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 6:11 pm    Post subject:

[quote="Ziggy"]
lar9149 wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
LakersARETheGOAT wrote:
Harlemlakerfan wrote:
StatMuse @statmuse
about 30 minutes ago

I just checked Bucks remaining schedule and it really picks up after the all-star game. We should have a good shot to overtake them for homecourt throughout the playoffs after the break.

That would be huge
alleyoop
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 6:39 pm    Post subject:

[quote="Ziggy"]
lar9149 wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
LakersARETheGOAT wrote:
Harlemlakerfan wrote:
StatMuse @statmuse
about 30 minutes ago

Oh wow, does it say how many games against below 500 teams we've played?

We could well be a huge chance for overall HCA
#18 next...
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:13 pm    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:
drae wrote:

LINK

Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:59 pm    Post subject:

Nuggets lost. The Lakers now have a five-game lead in the loss column over the Clippers, Jazz and Nuggets.
lar9149
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 8:24 pm    Post subject:

[quote="alleyoop"]
Ziggy wrote:
lar9149 wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
LakersARETheGOAT wrote:
Harlemlakerfan wrote:
StatMuse @statmuse
about 30 minutes ago

Oh wow, does it say how many games against below 500 teams we've played?

We could well be a huge chance for overall HCA

24 games at 23-1
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 6:05 pm    Post subject:

Damn, Powell of the Mavs just busted his Achilles it seems. That's a big blow to the Mavs hopes this year.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 6:13 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
Damn, Powell of the Mavs just busted his Achilles it seems. That's a big blow to the Mavs hopes this year.

Was PatBev involved?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 137, 138, 139 ... 440, 441, 442  Next
Page 138 of 442
Jump to: