Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:13 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
Gandalf wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
2 miss dunks....
Dwight wasn’t in for McGee, two simple things

Vogel took out Dwight because he was fouling unnecessarily and constantly bit [ at ] hing to the refs.

Yeah, but he rotates faster on defense, and I can tell you vuecivic probably couldn’t get that shot off if Dwight was guarding him, at least not a wide open one. Same for the layup by fultz, and also the dunk by Gordon

I guess he could've subbed in the last couple of minutes. Just not a good performance by the guys who usually carry the load. Not to mention our 2nd best player was missing.....for all but 4 minutes that is.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:13 pm    Post subject:

BruceLee-Bron23 wrote:
Ya’ll should be blaming Kuzma for the loss....He was a starter...played 27 minutes and only had 4 freaking points.

Kuzma=Inconsistancy

Trade his ass for someone who can put up the numbers on a nightly basis.

He had a bad game against a very good defensive team. Not gonna throw in towel on him yet
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:15 pm    Post subject:

Orlando 29 ft

Lakers 11
ksmgf
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:17 pm    Post subject:

Kuzma went missing tonites game. Cant believe he got 4 points only!
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:17 pm    Post subject:

rybee wrote:
Maybe the Magic are just the Bobcats that our 09 and 10 teams struggled against lol

Honestly i think theres Not much respect for them. Theyre actually a solid team.
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:18 pm    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:
32 wrote:
Update on Orlando injuries.

Quote:
Magic G Evan Fournier is questionable for tonight's game against the Lakers due to a right quad contusion, the team announced. Orlando will be without DJ Augustin (Calf) and Michael Carter-Williams (shoulder) tonight. #PureMagic

https://mobile.twitter.com/ESPN580Nick/status/1217527653126885379

Makes it even more of a trap game because now your basically just giving more touches to Vucevic and Terrence Ross who are straight up Laker killers.
An not to forget about Aaron Gordon who always gets up a lil extra against Lebron and the Lakers.

Nikola Vuc destroyed us both times last season as we dropped both games. Well fwiw we didn't have AD and Dwight then. An I believe on the second showdown Javale was still recovering from phenomia

Iirc, they got up on us in the home game and we spent too long trying to come back and lost by 4ish -- that was a 1 pm game tho, we ain't a daytime ballclub to quote Jack in 87. This team is good enough to be a clinger if AD is still out. Just take em seriously is all.

edit = it was the 3rd Q that did us on 2nd thot. Yeah, that makes sense, I just recall the comeback was foiled. We tied at 104 and missed 4 straight treys including two by KCP. Now I recall that one of those treys was a bad attempt and LG was miffed at him.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/201811250LAL.html

Great post. I really need to put alert notifications on replies to my posts.

NPZ with the clutch, Lakers historian knowledge as always.

Greatly Appreciated
Gandalf
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:18 pm    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
BruceLee-Bron23 wrote:
Ya’ll should be blaming Kuzma for the loss....He was a starter...played 27 minutes and only had 4 freaking points.

Kuzma=Inconsistancy

He had a bad game against a very good defensive team. Not gonna throw in towel on him yet

I guess $1.9 mil a year is just about right for a player his caliber.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:20 pm    Post subject:

eddiejonze wrote:
Alright I'm out... if AD plays Im calling a W in Houston.

Well, team went 3-1 in his absence. Hes the team defensive anchor and causes issues for teams on offense. All things considered Lakers did well. Expectations have become almost unrealistic with this team at times.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:22 pm    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:
Alright I'm out... if AD plays Im calling a W in Houston.

Well, team went 3-1 in his absence. Hes the team defensive anchor and causes issues for teams on offense. All things considered Lakers did well. Expectations have become almost unrealistic with this team at times.

Still good, had we lost the OKC game but won this one, everyone would’ve been ok.
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:23 pm    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
rybee wrote:
Maybe the Magic are just the Bobcats that our 09 and 10 teams struggled against lol

Honestly i think theres Not much respect for them. They're actually a solid team.

They beat the 76ers twice, Spurs and Heat once , and now us.

Some teams get up extra against us even when we aren't contenders.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:23 pm    Post subject:

Gandalf wrote:
DrDent wrote:
BruceLee-Bron23 wrote:

Kuzma=Inconsistancy

I guess $1.9 mil a year is just about right for a player his caliber.

Before its all over i think he will end up winning some big games for us
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:31 pm    Post subject:

What a waste of Quinn Cook's Clutch , Hero Ball Performance.

So glad that Frank is finding ways to utilize him properly.
Laker4lifer4real
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:32 pm    Post subject:

In addition to Lebron and KCP missed dunks, as Stu said McGee should have conceded the Gordon dunk as we lost by a point from the free throw.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:42 pm    Post subject:

Laker4lifer4real wrote:
In addition to Lebron and KCP missed dunks, as Stu said McGee should have conceded the Gordon dunk as we lost by a point from the free throw.

Yeah, got to know the attacker
eureca
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:45 pm    Post subject:

Laker4lifer4real wrote:

I don't know if they showed it on the Lakers broadcast, but I was watching the Magic broadcast and it showed Daniels step on the line for his 4th point play at the end of the 1st half. Strangely the refs didn't change it at halftime. Orlando would have been pissed if the Lakers won by 1.

Felt like one of those games Lakers have been winning all season. Down early and a comeback win. Props to Fultz for the best game of his career. He definitely looked impressive.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:50 pm    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:
32 wrote:

Quote:
Magic G Evan Fournier is questionable for tonight's game against the Lakers due to a right quad contusion, the team announced. Orlando will be without DJ Augustin (Calf) and Michael Carter-Williams (shoulder) tonight. #PureMagic

Makes it even more of a trap game because now your basically just giving more touches to Vucevic and Terrence Ross who are straight up Laker killers.
An not to forget about Aaron Gordon who always gets up a lil extra against Lebron and the Lakers.

Nikola Vuc destroyed us both times last season as we dropped both games. Well fwiw we didn't have AD and Dwight then. An I believe on the second showdown Javale was still recovering from phenomia

Iirc, they got up on us in the home game and we spent too long trying to come back and lost by 4ish -- that was a 1 pm game tho, we ain't a daytime ballclub to quote Jack in 87. This team is good enough to be a clinger if AD is still out. Just take em seriously is all.

edit = it was the 3rd Q that did us on 2nd thot. Yeah, that makes sense, I just recall the comeback was foiled. We tied at 104 and missed 4 straight treys including two by KCP. Now I recall that one of those treys was a bad attempt and LG was miffed at him.

Greatly Appreciated

This year they blew the comeback in new and novel ways. Exactly the kind of game that you rarely ever pull out of your ass. Two rim blocked dunks? The hoop gods were not gonna allow them to pull this one off. The only positive is they had the audacity to make two comeback attempts. This team deserves at least that much -- they have pluck, spirit, moxy. No one woulda blamed them at all for just getting blown out. It's just that players like Kuzma show you things that are going to bleepin infuriate you in the playoffs. Kuzma is not a player who can be expected to contribute to a championship contender, he's a poorer version of Cedric Ceballos in that respect and Ced was shaky in the playoffs and couldn't defend a lick just like Kyle. He's not about this level of play.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:04 pm    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:
DrDent wrote:
rybee wrote:

Honestly i think theres Not much respect for them. They're actually a solid team.

The 65 win 2009 team had some occasional bad losses, too, and usually caused by overlooking teams like the Cats and/or coming out flat to start quafters. We blew about 15 pt lead in the 4th at Indy and got beaten by a tap-in by Troy Murphy, e.g. We were around 17-2 at the time so it didn't really matter.

LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:08 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
MustardJam wrote:
Mamba81 wrote:
MustardJam wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
That lost is on Lebron, Mcgee, and Vogel. Horrible shooting night and not sure why Vogel put McGe as a closer there?.... There’s a reason McGee never closed when he was with the Warriors.

Lebron had 18 assists. I know he had an off night including a missed FT and 3 to tie it down late but he is also the one that hit a clutch 3 in the first place.

The loss isn't on Lebron.

classic case of box score bron, the loss was on him. i watched the game

Mmm did you also see him him the clutch 3 down the stretch or does it not fit the narrative. Being 1/2 from deep down the stretch isn't bad if you ask me...

Interesting, what about the previous 5 misses?

Lol
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:09 pm    Post subject:

Mamba81 wrote:
MustardJam wrote:
Mamba81 wrote:
MustardJam wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
That lost is on Lebron, Mcgee, and Vogel. Horrible shooting night and not sure why Vogel put McGe as a closer there?.... There’s a reason McGee never closed when he was with the Warriors.

Lebron had 18 assists. I know he had an off night including a missed FT and 3 to tie it down late but he is also the one that hit a clutch 3 in the first place.

The loss isn't on Lebron.

classic case of box score bron, the loss was on him. i watched the game

Mmm did you also see him him the clutch 3 down the stretch or does it not fit the narrative. Being 1/2 from deep down the stretch isn't bad if you ask me...

mmm i did see that i also saw him get hung on the rim, give half ass defensive effort all night and miss his usual freethrows. but sure , he had 18 assists as the only playmaker on the roster. woo hoo! im not hating on bron im simply calling it what it is.

People can’t handle it when someone criticizes LeBron. It’s pathetic
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:20 pm    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:
32 wrote:

Quote:

Greatly Appreciated

This year they blew the comeback in new and novel ways. Exactly the kind of game that you rarely ever pull out of your ass. Two rim blocked dunks? The hoop gods were not gonna allow them to pull this one off. The only positive is they had the audacity to make two comeback attempts. This team deserves at least that much -- they have pluck, spirit, moxy. No one woulda blamed them at all for just getting blown out. It's just that players like Kuzma show you things that are going to bleepin infuriate you in the playoffs. Kuzma is not a player who can be expected to contribute to a championship contender, he's a poorer version of Cedric Ceballos in that respect and Ced was shaky in the playoffs and couldn't defend a lick just like Kyle. He's not about this level of play.

Spot on assessment on Kyle

I’d love to say he’s only 24 and he has a chance to shake off his inconsistent efforts but already in year 3 and with another ridiculous hairstyle each week it’s not looking great going forward.

Sorta surprised Lebron and Anthony haven’t pulled him aside and discussed the severity of this situation. Or maybe they have already but Kuz is too busy booking another appointment at Floyd’s Barbershop
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:24 pm    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:
32 wrote:

Quote:

Greatly Appreciated

Spot on assessment on Kyle

I’d love to say he’s only 24 and he has a chance to shake off his inconsistent efforts but already in year 3 and with another ridiculous hairstyle each week it’s not looking great going forward.

Sorta surprised Lebron and Anthony haven’t pulled him aside and discussed the severity of this situation. Or maybe they have already but Kuz is too busy booking another appointment at Floyd’s Barbershop

Lol.
I just don’t get why he can’t be a bit more consistent. We’re not asking him to be dominant out there. Just a slightly better performance from him and this would have been a victory. Frustrating
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:32 pm    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:
DrDent wrote:
rybee wrote:

The 65 win 2009 team had some occasional bad losses, too, and usually caused by overlooking teams like the Cats and/or coming out flat to start quafters. We blew about 15 pt lead in the 4th at Indy and got beaten by a tap-in by Troy Murphy, e.g. We were around 17-2 at the time so it didn't really matter.

I remember it all like it was yesterday. 🏆🏆🏆 Man Trevor’s defense was clutch for us that year. Plus the second we made that trade for Shannon Brown dumping the Space Cadet Vlad Rad , our squad really took off.
Literally LOL
No Shannon, Chauncey dominates against us (Fish) again and we might not make it past Denver.

This season, AD’s defense has been Trevor-esque and Beyond with a mixture of Pau’s wizardry.
Lebron has had his Kobe-Esque moments.

Who will be our Lamar? Shannon? D FISH....

Exciting times ahead 🙏🏀💪🏀🔥
TMG
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:49 am    Post subject:

Magic a decent team. With the way we've been balling out lately it was expected we'd have an off game. Lets take it out on Houston. Lebron looked lazy this game from the highlights i saw.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:14 am    Post subject:

TMG wrote:
Magic a decent team. With the way we've been balling out lately it was expected we'd have an off game. Lets take it out on Houston. Lebron looked lazy this game from the highlights i saw.

Just re-watched the 4th quarter and still surprised me we almost won that game. Not sure how many shots we had that went in and out during that quarter. Lebron probably had 2-3 alone. Not to mention the 2 missed dunks. I believed Ross hit a 3 that went in and out hit the top of backboard and went back in. It was just that kind of night and still almost pulled it off.

One thing for sure this team battles. To come back from 20pts deficit twice in one game is rare. Lebron was load managing during the game for sure.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:39 am    Post subject:

Meh, missed dunks blocked by rim from both LeBron and KCP, 4 pts, would've won the game

next game
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 32, 33, 34  Next
Page 33 of 34
Jump to: