*** Los Angeles Lakers vs Phoenix Suns (01/01/20) Gm#34 ***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25

View previous topic :: View next topic  
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2020 10:11 pm    Post subject:

Vogel knew this team isn’t the greatest whenever Lebron or AD is not on the floor with them.

That’s why he would split them up after the first quarter. Which he has constantly done since the start of the season.

Just need to bolster up our bench with a few more pieces. This trade deadline might be the biggest one we’ve had in a long time
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2020 10:12 pm    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:
Vogel knew this team isn’t the greatest whenever Lebron or AD is not on the floor with them.

That’s why he would split them up after the first quarter. Which he has constantly done since the start of the season.

Just need to bolster up our bench with a few more pieces. This trade deadline might be the biggest one we’ve had in a long time

Trade deadlne would be great if Rondo and KCP were tradable. As it stands, Kuzma may be their only true asset.
Polarbear
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2020 10:24 pm    Post subject:

A close one for sure....I am not sure that the players should feel great about blowing that large of a lead.

but....we won so I am good. One of the things that appears to happen a lot in the NBA is when you get up big you tend to relax....it happens all the time...but that was a HUGE lead
Beir32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2020 10:24 pm    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/eliassports/status/1212618521349414913?s=21

Quote:
The Lakers were outscored by 11 in the 3rd quarter and 12 in the 4th in their 117-107 win over the Suns on Wednesday. That's the first time in NBA history a team finished with a double-digit margin of victory despite being outscored by 10+ in the 3rd and 4th quarters. #LakeShow 

We made history!
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2020 10:26 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
MJST wrote:
defense wrote:
MJST wrote:
Lakers playing like a team that finishes with a top 3 record but gets exposed in the 2nd round. Getting post ASB 2014 Pacers vibes from them. Which is interesting as they have the same coach.

They should win this game though.

That would make you happy wouldn't it?

How's your hero Randle doing these days?

Previous 9 Games:

24.2 PPG
9.7 REB
2.9 AST
49% Field Goal
38% Three Point
79.6% Free Throw

Tonight
22/13/3 53% Field Goal 3/6 from Three

To answer your question. He's doing just fine.

His team 2nd worst record in the nba.

Yupe

And you think that's all because of him?

In a team full of point guards he's 2nd on their team in assists, that should tell you all you need to know about the Knicks. They didn't even figure out a semblance of any kind of offensive scheme till 15 games in. It's why their coach is now gone.

Randle has always got his stats on lottery teams where there is no pressure
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2020 10:28 pm    Post subject:

The message from this game is 3-10 is not good enough and it’s particularly exposed when AD/Lebron are both off the court at the same time.

Vogel consciously or subconsciously showed it to the Lakers FO.

Lebron and AD weren’t particularly good in the 2nd half (by their standards).
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2020 10:29 pm    Post subject:

Brawn13 wrote:
Lakers weren’t concerned with suns winning there at the end. Minimal effort to hold the lead.

They know the bad teams ultimately fold. The Suns were missing wide open looks and the refs helped out too by missing some really obvious fouls
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2020 10:30 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:

Oh I think it was deliberate, no doubt. We had the game in hand, but that looked like a very conscious decision to sit both our stars for at least 4 minutes in the 4th. When we looked like our lead was slipping … he kept them out.

The game was never in doubt but I think Vogel did send a message
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2020 10:33 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
The message from this game is 3-10 is not good enough and it’s particularly exposed when AD/Lebron are both off the court at the same time.

They don't really have much to work with as far as signings or trades though. No matter what moves they can realistically make, they are going to be one of the favorites to win it all if LeBron and AD are healthy and they probably won't be a contender at all if either one is injured. It ultimately all depends on those two.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2020 10:40 pm    Post subject:

Treble Clef wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

They don't really have much to work with as far as signings or trades though. No matter what moves they can realistically make, they are going to be one of the favorites to win it all if LeBron and AD are healthy and they probably won't be a contender at all if either one is injured. It ultimately all depends on those two.

As great as those 2 are, I don’t think it’s enough and it’s particularly glaring in those 2 matchups against the Clippers. Better get another playmaker at a minimum to at least get all these non-creating players some shots. Clippers will neutralize Lebron and Rondo is a joke at this stage of his career. The clippers will stare and laugh at Rondo.
JIFISH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2020 11:28 pm    Post subject:

I remember back in 2000 Mark Cuban called the Lakers "2 deep" and said the team was 1 injury away from being a .500 team.

I think he undervalued the other players on that team not named Shaq or Kobe, but when I watch this year's team, I sometimes think that we are "2 deep".
AJ
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2020 12:20 am    Post subject:

I may be naive, but I think we are good if Green decides to be a 3 point shooter instead of a walking foul and Kuz gets his stuff together on the offensive end.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2020 3:30 am    Post subject:

The season is 82 games long and over the coarse of those 82 games, a number of things will happen. There is an ebb-n-flow to games and to the season.

The take-a-ways here are:
1) the Lakers won
2) the Lakers have NOT lost to a sub-.500 team (17-0 or 18-0?)

No need to over analyze the second-half discrepancy, they have won 3-in-a-row with the forth worst team coming to Staples tomorrow, let's keep it going.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2020 8:48 am    Post subject:

Treble Clef wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

For all the complaints, we have the best record in the west, and the second best in the NBA.

A trade depends on how (1) how much interest teams have in Kuz; (2) our willingness to take on contracts longer than two years; and (3) our ability to balance salaries.

Other than that, it all depends who gets bought out, if Collison actually returns, and whether they pick us or the Clippers.

My guess is no roster changes will happen return February.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2020 9:44 am    Post subject:

Just because a team wins doesn't mean that there aren't blaring weaknesses that the FO should make it their job to take care of.

The goal is to always get better. The Lakers shouldn't be blowing 30+ point leads to the Phoenix Suns.

There are indeed flaws in the team structure, making some roster changes at the trade deadline to strengthen the team or fill in those holes would be the best approach as opposed to continuously playing with fire that could come and bite us in the rear during the playoffs when it's too late.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2020 12:31 pm    Post subject:

I wasn't surprised the game turned into a finger wringer. I didn't think we'd lose the game. I also didn't think it would be a blowout. This team is notorious for blowing big leads.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Gandalf
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2020 4:14 pm    Post subject:

I would prefer it if we put our feet on the necks of teams when we have them down but it is what it is. We simply are not built to sustain leads most of the time. I do echo others' concerns that this will be an issue during the playoffs.
JIFISH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 1:59 pm    Post subject:

JIFISH wrote:
I remember back in 2000 Mark Cuban called the Lakers "2 deep" and said the team was 1 injury away from being a .500 team.

I think he undervalued the other players on that team not named Shaq or Kobe, but when I watch this year's team, I sometimes think that we are "2 deep".

I believed this when I wrote it, but after Saturday night's game against OKC, I have to admit I was wrong about this team being "2 deep", and I now agree with Jared Dudley. This team is indeed 15 players deep.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25
Page 25 of 25
Jump to: