*** Los Angeles Lakers vs Los Angeles Clippers (12/25/19) Gm#31
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 42, 43, 44  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2019 9:34 pm    Post subject:

AJ wrote:
I don't think the Clippers will catch and bypass the Lakers in the standings with their whole load management mentality, I guess that's a silver lining in this all?

Let the Clippers garner false hope, regular season doesn't mean jack. Let's see both teams fully healthy and this Lakers squad implementing some Indiana Pacer-Vogel defense and see who wins 4 out of 7.

I may be bias but I am not sold on the Clippers. Too many what ifs, they can pump their chest out right now all they want. To quote some basketball dude I heard years ago on the tv, "they just a bunch of studio gangsters."

That is their plan. They don't need to have the best record, I'm sure they knew that going into the Kawhi sweepstakes. Their game plan is no different than those teams who already won a Finals once, make sure their stars are all healthy for the games that really count.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2019 9:38 pm    Post subject:

I just got out of Star Wars and saw the score.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2019 9:39 pm    Post subject:

Dreamshake wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
Dreamshake wrote:
Steve007 wrote:
TMG wrote:
Steve007 wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
drae wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
drae wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
drae wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
Kawhi is the finals mvp for a reason he’s consistent in big games.

He was Finals MVP because the Warriors team was all injured. Don't rewrite history

Funny I recall steph was fine....

Oh I'm sorry

He was Finals MVP after all 3 of their All Stars was injured

Kawhi's a fraud.

Lol ok since you say so.2 finals mvps say otherwise, you just blind.

Not hard to win Finals MVP when you play half a team

Kawhi's a fraud. End of story

How you explain 2014 then?

Warriors were down 3-1 in the series with Steph, Klay and Green playing in all those games. They barely won game 5 because Durant gave them a boost in the 1st half.

Raptors also beat the Sixers and Bucks and Kawhi was huge.

Haven’t really seen Lebron overcome that much in a postseason except for maybe 1 series.

Did you even watch that series? Did you watch how great that Raptors team was? They were all killing Warriors what are you on about? Kawhi has never not played on a stacked team and that Raptors team was more stacked than what his current clippers team is. Kawhi's best series was against Philly. After that the entire team collectively beat Bucks and the Warriors. Kawhi isn't a fraud but he didn't carry anyone either.

Not really true. The players had some inconsistent performances. Lowry took a while to get going too.

Steph, Klay and Green with help is plenty of talent on the court. Sure, it’s not the cheat code team with Durant but it’s still more talent than Toronto had.

Kawhi deserves all the props.

No he doesn’t, Klay was hurt too. Since the warriors were built on super stars, 2 of them went down made them an average team

Klay got hurt in G5. They were already down 3-1.

Rockets fans are really stupid
How many minutes did Klay played in game 3?
Mamba81
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2019 9:49 pm    Post subject:

AJ wrote:
I don't think the Clippers will catch and bypass the Lakers in the standings with their whole load management mentality, I guess that's a silver lining in this all?

Let the Clippers garner false hope, regular season doesn't mean jack. Let's see both teams fully healthy and this Lakers squad implementing some Indiana Pacer-Vogel defense and see who wins 4 out of 7.

I may be bias but I am not sold on the Clippers. Too many what ifs, they can pump their chest out right now all they want. To quote some basketball dude I heard years ago on the tv, "they just a bunch of studio gangsters."

i dont think they're pumping chest tho. post game interview kawhi said the game means nothing
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2019 9:52 pm    Post subject:

Mamba81 wrote:
AJ wrote:

i dont think they're pumping chest tho. post game interview kawhi said the game means nothing

Plus he KNOWS if AD hit 1 more 3, and LBJ did too...they lose. Theyre not going a combined 3-18 from 3 on a consistent basis.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2019 9:53 pm    Post subject:

How did the Nuggs manage to lose to the Pels?! Our old teammates doing us a solid
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2019 9:58 pm    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:
How did the Nuggs manage to lose to the Pels?! Our old teammates doing us a solid

Jokic and Murray combined 10-30, plus Pelicans shot 43 3's and hit 18 of them (40%)

Didnt watch game, but those stats tell alot.
eddiejonze
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2019 11:12 pm    Post subject:

32-21 free throws
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2019 11:39 pm    Post subject:

eddiejonze wrote:
32-21 free throws

We can't hit them anyways.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2019 11:55 pm    Post subject:

LakerLogic wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:
32-21 free throws

But they can, and they are a perimeter team. Some of the foul calls on kawhi at the 4th were very questionable.

Nonetheless, lebron didn’t close out the game when needed and our 3 point shooting is bad as usual.
I will say this, if we can shoot around 35% from the 3 in the playoffs, we will win the whole thing
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2019 12:02 am    Post subject:

eureca wrote:

It's possible since that Cavs team outside of Lebron was pretty bad. Kawhi did have a better supporting cast with Siakam playing like an all star and great role players at every position. I still think Lebron would pull it off. He took the Curry/Klay/Draymond team to 6 games with no Kyrie/Love and a really atrocious supporting cast. Going 4-0 without KD vs the Blazers is different than going 4-0 vs Lebron James with Klay missing 1 game and playing hobbled.

This is all hypothetical though. And fwiw the Rockets couldn’t beat the Warriors without KD when people thought they would. That’s true, the Cavs played them effectively with Irving/Love out, but the Warriors did win 3 in a row and dominate after being down 2-1. But you’re right the Warriors did lose a couple in a row.

One major reason I don’t think Lebron overcame as much as Kawhi is Lebron played with that super team in Miami. And the East was pathetic much of the time when Lebron was there.

Klay was actually really good in the series. He missed game 3 but he was really effective in the other games. He got hurt in game 6 but it was late in the game and I don’t think beating the Warriors in that game would be a walk in the park even with him getting hurt late. It’s not like he only played 10 minutes before getting injured.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2019 12:14 am    Post subject:

TMG wrote:
Did you even watch that series? Did you watch how great that Raptors team was? They were all killing Warriors what are you on about? Kawhi has never not played on a stacked team and that Raptors team was more stacked than what his current clippers team is. Kawhi's best series was against Philly. After that the entire team collectively beat Bucks and the Warriors. Kawhi isn't a fraud but he didn't carry anyone either.

The Raptors supporting cast was not as good as playing with Wade and Bosh. Lebron handpicked that team and I just don’t see how anyone can compare winning with guys like Kyle Lowry and last years Pascal Siakam to winning with Wade and Bosh. It’s not even close. And to make things worse Miami was playing in the East all those years.

Lebron handpicked those teams for a reason. He didn’t want to overcome adversity. He wanted to crush the competition and win “Not 5, not 6, not 7...”
ducasse
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2019 12:24 am    Post subject:

Steve007 wrote:

2 years ago Lebron didn’t have to beat anybody to make the Finals. That’s how bad the East was. His team got exposed in the Finals when they finally played somebody.

He got beat by one of the greatest NBA teams of all time. That's not getting exposed, that's losing to greatness and overwhelming talent.
ducasse
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2019 12:32 am    Post subject:

Gandalf wrote:
I can't even be mad at Beverley right now. Barely 6 foot and he punked the whole team....

It's pretty crazy how he doesn't get consistently torched by bigger players. Players can't seem to elevate over him for good looks. He has no business being able to defend at a high level at his size.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2019 12:40 am    Post subject:

Just re-watched the game, man we lost this game in the 3rd quarter. Bench gave up an 8pts lead in 90 seconds... Not to mention the dumb fouls in closing minutes of the game also.

Not sure what Rondo is doing in there in closing minutes instead of Kuzma.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2019 1:37 am    Post subject:

ducasse wrote:
Steve007 wrote:

2 years ago Lebron didn’t have to beat anybody to make the Finals. That’s how bad the East was. His team got exposed in the Finals when they finally played somebody.

He got beat by one of the greatest NBA teams of all time. That's not getting exposed, that's losing to greatness and overwhelming talent.

Gotta admit you’ve got a point. Fwiw the Pelicans beat them once and seemed to put up a better fight but it still was lopsided overall. Houston was able to beat them 3 times though. But Houston was REALLY good too.
Mustaine
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2019 1:46 am    Post subject:

This time I can't blame the players.

It was Vogel's fault. He's like a robot. It's always the same substitutions, not even caring if the players are playing good or not.

He should read the game, make adjustments, and he never do it.
Why the hell is he cuting the momentum of some players, just to follow his program of substitutions?

It was crazy yesterday.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2019 3:03 am    Post subject:

Clippers don't even need homecourt advantage against the Lakers since they play at Staple Center anyways. I think the Lakers should approach the "load managing" with Lebron and AD as well because we are so dependent on our two superstars playing extended minutes in the playoffs but I don't think Lebron likes the idea.
SPO200
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2019 3:06 am    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
Clippers don't even need homecourt advantage against the Lakers since they play at Staple Center anyways. I think the Lakers should approach the "load managing" with Lebron and AD as well because we are so dependent on our two superstars playing extended minutes in the playoffs but I don't think Lebron likes the idea.

I'm afraid he will load manage now because of his injury. We had back luck with injuries and the schedule.
E=MC²
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2019 6:36 am    Post subject:

Mamba81 wrote:
lakers taking and missing a lot of 3s because teams are game planning to shut down the paint its pretty obvious to me we dont have many shooters on the team with dg struggling they only have to worry about kcp. if im the clippers or anybody else thats my game plan shut down the paint and live with lebron, ad, rondo, caruso, kuzma and bradley shooting 3s. i

This is why Lakers have to make moves
E=MC²
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2019 6:38 am    Post subject:

LakerLogic wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:
32-21 free throws

Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2019 7:22 am    Post subject:

eddiejonze wrote:
32-21 free throws

The whole team was doing nothing but shooting threes. They could have lived at the line if they attacked the basket.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2019 7:28 am    Post subject:

Treble Clef wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:
32-21 free throws

The whole team was doing nothing but shooting threes. They could have lived at the line if they attacked the basket.
EXACTLY
AJ
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2019 8:01 am    Post subject:

Mamba81 wrote:
AJ wrote:

That's 1 guy. Look at Pat's presser, even Paul's. They are tooting their own horn a lot. I seriously want in the playoff series for Bev to get under Rondo's skin. Rondo is 100% more tough lol.
RG73
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2019 8:22 am    Post subject:

AJ wrote:
I seriously want in the playoff series for Bev to get under Rondo's skin. Rondo is 100% more tough lol.

And 100% less skilled at this point. If Rondo was "tougher" he'd have been playing defense like Beverly last night.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 42, 43, 44  Next
Page 43 of 44
Jump to: