The JULIUS RANDLE Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1528, 1529, 1530 ... 1534, 1535, 1536  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cencio_999
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:31 am    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
MJST wrote:
Last 8 Games
20.3 PPG
7.4 RPG
2.6 APG

So far this season his shooting % are lows all across the board.

He chose money over winning, culture and development

And last year he made exactly the opposite choice and figured out that winning, culture and development can disappear real fast.

I can't blame him for going for at least one big contract before anything else.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:42 pm    Post subject:

cencio_999 wrote:
danzag wrote:
MJST wrote:
Last 8 Games
20.3 PPG
7.4 RPG
2.6 APG

And last year he made exactly the opposite choice and figured out that winning, culture and development can disappear real fast.

I don't blame him for doing it. I just feel bad that he went to the worst franchise in the NBA.

Don't know what offers he received during free agency, though.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:18 pm    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
cencio_999 wrote:
danzag wrote:
MJST wrote:
Last 8 Games
20.3 PPG
7.4 RPG
2.6 APG

I don't blame him for doing it. I just feel bad that he went to the worst franchise in the NBA.

Don't know what offers he received during free agency, though.

I could probably near guarantee that the Knicks were the franchise throwing the most money at him.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 7:51 pm    Post subject:

55 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
55 wrote:
MJST wrote:
Last 8 Games
20.3 PPG
7.4 RPG
2.6 APG

2 years removed and still defending Jules like your family jewels

Yeah. I really liked Jules but man, the rep will be a numbers guy on a bad team.

hopefully his stay on the Knicks is short lived. that team is horrific.

That's who he is. His game doesn't translate to wins.

Bingo.

I was labeled a "hater" for pointing that out when Julius was a Laker, but everywhere he goes, the team gets worse.
lakers4life78
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 9:18 pm    Post subject:

Let me know when he does anything on a good team. Sick of people posting stats for players on 25 win teams like it means anything. People were actually hyping mo wagner last week.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 1:19 am    Post subject:

lakers4life78 wrote:
Let me know when he does anything on a good team. Sick of people posting stats for players on 25 win teams like it means anything.

This stance is often a selective one.

Anthony Davis was on a team that made the playoffs twice in his entire tenure.

Didn't stop people from wanting him or crediting him.

Kevin Love had never made the playoffs on the Timberwolves, but that didn't stop the Lakers fans from clamoring over him when he was on a tear, and blaming his situation more than him.

Devin Booker and Zach Lavine's teams go nowhere yearly. You telling me you'd pick KCP over either of them if a trade was offered to swap the two?
The Atlanta Hawks are 5-17 this year.. you gonna say no to swapping Rondo with Trae Young, cause his team is going nowhere?

The list goes on.

When people like a player the answer is "He's in a bad situation on a bad team, but he's still a good player as the team isn't bad because of him."

When people don't like a player, the answer is "His play is useless, cause he can't do that on a winning team."

Except Randle did do it last year on a winning team, The Pelicans. The reason they didn't make the playoffs was because their star player only played 56 games. And yet Randle still put up 21/8/3

Randle's proven he can be effective on good teams, and bad teams. He doesn't have to "prove" he can do it in (insert situation here) anymore, as he already has.

He is in a similar boat with talents like Booker, LaVine, etc in the league whom are very good players on bad teams.

They aren't going to be the main ones to carry their team on their back solely to the promise land.

And in all honesty, among them (Lavine, Randle, Booker, etc) the only young players since the 2013 draft that have single handedly carried a team on their back to the playoffs have been Giannis Antentekoumpo, and D'Angelo Russell. Whom got the same "he can't do it on a good team!" argument from the same people that didn't like him when he started doing well. This year you can also likely throw Doncic into that list as well.

What it will come down to at this point for Randle, is whether his prime years are wasted on the Knicks or not, or whether he eventually gets moved to a better situation.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 7:42 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
lakers4life78 wrote:
Let me know when he does anything on a good team. Sick of people posting stats for players on 25 win teams like it means anything.

Kevin Love had never made the playoffs on the Timberwolves, but that didn't stop the Lakers fans from clamoring over him when he was on a tear, and blaming his situation more than him.

Devin Booker and Zach Lavine's teams go nowhere yearly. You telling me you'd pick KCP over either of them if a trade was offered to swap the two?
The Atlanta Hawks are 5-17 this year.. you gonna say no to swapping Rondo with Trae Young, cause his team is going nowhere?

The list goes on.

When people like a player the answer is "He's in a bad situation on a bad team, but he's still a good player as the team isn't bad because of him."

When people don't like a player, the answer is "His play is useless, cause he can't do that on a winning team."

Except Randle did do it last year on a winning team, The Pelicans. The reason they didn't make the playoffs was because their star player only played 56 games. And yet Randle still put up 21/8/3

Randle's proven he can be effective on good teams, and bad teams. He doesn't have to "prove" he can do it in (insert situation here) anymore, as he already has.

He is in a similar boat with talents like Booker, LaVine, etc in the league whom are very good players on bad teams.

They aren't going to be the main ones to carry their team on their back solely to the promise land.

And in all honesty, among them (Lavine, Randle, Booker, etc) the only young players since the 2013 draft that have single handedly carried a team on their back to the playoffs have been Giannis Antentekoumpo, and D'Angelo Russell. Whom got the same "he can't do it on a good team!" argument from the same people that didn't like him when he started doing well. This year you can also likely throw Doncic into that list as well.

What it will come down to at this point for Randle, is whether his prime years are wasted on the Knicks or not, or whether he eventually gets moved to a better situation.

Tough argument, would you trade Booker, Trae Young, DLo, Giannis, AD, Lavine for Randle... no, KCP at $8m for Randle at $20m? No either, even Love at $30m for Randle? No, Love is better, unless u need cap space. To be fair, Knicks does make him look bad. Is Randle a good signing at $60m/3yr?
lakers4life78
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 3:45 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
lakers4life78 wrote:

The list goes on.

Cool. So we’re comparing a future HOF player in AD to Julius Randle. No. Randle is a stat stuffer but he isn’t a winning player. Zero defense. Puts head down playing iso ball. Has shown repeatedly he isn’t a facilitator.

I just love people defending empty numbers. Winning matters. Putting up 20-10 on a 50 win team means more than doing it on a 25 win team.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 4:57 pm    Post subject:

lakers4life78 wrote:
MJST wrote:
lakers4life78 wrote:

The list goes on.

Cool. So we’re comparing a future HOF player in AD to Julius Randle. No. Randle is a stat stuffer but he isn’t a winning player. Zero defense. Puts head down playing iso ball. Has shown repeatedly he isn’t a facilitator.

I just love people defending empty numbers. Winning matters. Putting up 20-10 on a 50 win team means more than doing it on a 25 win team.

People loved AD’s empty numbers
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 4:59 pm    Post subject:

lakers4life78 wrote:
MJST wrote:
lakers4life78 wrote:

The list goes on.

But the situation matters too. Randle just needs to be in a winning situation with good coaching and a good system.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:00 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
lakers4life78 wrote:
MJST wrote:
lakers4life78 wrote:

The list goes on.

Yep. And as expected he missed the point of the post and went with trying to create a "So you're comparing Davis to Randle!?" argument from it.
OCWA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:36 pm    Post subject:

Brandon Clarke is what we all hoped Randle would be.

Dude is the most efficient rookie in league history. Before the AD trade I said we should take Clarke with our 4 pick.

https://www.grizzlybearblues.com/2019/12/3/20990389/the-memphis-grizzlies-have-the-most-efficient-rookie-in-nba-history-brandon-clarke-ja-morant
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2019 6:37 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:

Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2019 11:03 am    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
lakers4life78 wrote:
MJST wrote:
lakers4life78 wrote:

The list goes on.

But the situation matters too. Randle just needs to be in a winning situation with good coaching and a good system.

AD played defense and was more efficient on offense. If Randle was a 2 way player, it would be a different story.
Kobesystem
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2019 4:00 am    Post subject:

Well, AD's situation was different though. His health was always a red flag, not exactly his play...

That being said, the Knicks were always going to be garbage this season and collecting 1000 PFs didn't exactly help.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2019 10:52 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

Proving the point. I’ve been a Pelican fan since their inception and they aren’t worse without AD than they were with him.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2019 11:38 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
governator wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

Proving the point. I’ve been a Pelican fan since their inception and they aren’t worse without AD than they were with him.

They went to the 2nd rd playoff with him and lottery bound now (7-23, 3rd worst record in league), what is your definition of worse?
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2019 12:53 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
governator wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

They went to the 2nd rd playoff with him and lottery bound now (7-23, 3rd worst record in league), what is your definition of worse?

Not cherry picking seasons like you are.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2019 1:23 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
governator wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
governator wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

are you arguing that certain seasons the team was poorly constructed around AD, like Kobe in 2005 thus didn't make the playoff? or are you arguing that even though AD took his team to a 2nd round Western Conference, his stat still counts as empty stat?
L4L
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2019 1:30 pm    Post subject:

Pelicans Record:
2013: 23-41 with AD, 4-14 without
2014: 29-38 with AD, 5-10 without
2015: 39-29 with AD, 6-8 without
2016: 24-37 with AD, 6-15 without
2017: 31-44 with AD, 3-4 without
2018: 45-30 with AD, 3-4 without
2019: 25-31 with AD, 8-18 without
Totals with AD: 216-250 (.464)
Totals without: 35-73 (.324)

82*.464= ~38
82*.324= ~26.5
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2019 1:37 pm    Post subject:

So AD made them win at 38-39 percent and without 27 percent
Similarly their current record is at 24 percent win rate with the Lakers young core - right around that 27.

I’d argue AD makes us a good 10-15 wins better, just like he did the Pels. Very few players in the league can by their presence alone add 10-15 wins to a team.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
L4L
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2019 1:43 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
So AD made them win at 38-39 percent and without 27 percent
Similarly their current record is at 24 percent win rate with the Lakers young core - right around that 27.

I’d argue AD makes us a good 10-15 wins better, just like he did the Pels. Very few players in the league can by their presence alone add 10-15 wins to a team.

38 wins per 82 games with and 26-27 wins per 82 games without. The respective win percents are 46% and 34%. He missed quite a few games due to injury but your point still stands. He’s an enormously impactful player. I don’t understand how anyone could call him an empty stats guy. One player can only do so much.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2019 4:41 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
governator wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
governator wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

are you arguing that certain seasons the team was poorly constructed around AD, like Kobe in 2005 thus didn't make the playoff? or are you arguing that even though AD took his team to a 2nd round Western Conference, his stat still counts as empty stat?

I’m saying that the Pelicans aren’t worse this season without AD than they were last season with him. Sure their guard play against Portland a few seasons ago neutralized Lillard and CJ, as we have seen they struggle often in the playoffs. Like Randle he put up big numbers on some bad teams.
Laker_Dynasty_01
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2019 7:47 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
governator wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
governator wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
governator wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

I’m saying that the Pelicans aren’t worse this season without AD than they were last season with him. Sure their guard play against Portland a few seasons ago neutralized Lillard and CJ, as we have seen they struggle often in the playoffs. Like Randle he put up big numbers on some bad teams.

Whether or not his team is above .500, AD puts up the same numbers. When Holiday was torching Lillard and Rondo was outplaying CJ, they looked like a contender...until the Warriors showed no one can contend with them when they were focused.

AD averaged 33 & 14 in the 4-game sweep over Portland. Jrue and Rondo's numbers were more surprising, but it's foolish to ignore the MVP of that series. Jrue and Rondo played well up front, but guards have that freedom when your back line is AD and a possessed Mirotic.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2019 7:44 am    Post subject:

Wait how are the Pelicans not worse without AD than they were with him last season?

They were 25-31 with him last season, almost a .500 team, competitive.
They are 7-23 this year.
They were 8-18 without him last year in games missed/benched due to trade demand.

So somehow, they traded for pretty good talent in Ingram, Ball, Hart. And yet they have gotten worse this season. By a lot. They were expected to be a .500 level team sort of like what AD had them when he played. Many viewed this as a fair trade, in fact sided towards the Pelicans. Yet it has been nothing like that.

Wait I just realized it's VLF making that post, my bad.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1528, 1529, 1530 ... 1534, 1535, 1536  Next
Page 1529 of 1536
Jump to: