Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 8:18 pm    Post subject:

CervantesRises wrote:
To drae

My final 5 would be Bron on ball, AD ready for 2 man pick and roll, DG for spot 3, AB for defense, and Dwight or KCP or AC depending on in game performance and matchups. I have a very difficult time seeing any team torching us with that lineup.

Butler missed a good look to tie it up in a damn good 2nd half we played against a really well coached and disciplined team.

Reddish missed a wide open corner 3 to tie it up.

I'm always glad when we win. Just feels to me like the team didn't respect this team at all, let them hang around with careless turnovers and settling for a 3 that wasnt working for anyone and because of that AD and Bron are in in the 4th Q and AD tweaks an ankle.

Add to that Vogel exploring a new closing lineup with Rondo on ball and back to back nights in huge party cities and you get what you get today...an uninspired win and a very important tweaked ankle with 2 big games coming up.

That supports why the Lakers are 24-3 and the other teams aren't. When the Lakers get an open look (or even a not open look) at a crucial shot late in the game, they don't miss it. These other teams get those looks against the Lakers and struggle to even hit the rim.

I think some people freak out when the games get close but the Lakers aren't getting close to losing these games. It is true that they don't respect these other teams but they're always going to do enough to win. I don't think it's coincidence that they're winning every single one of these "close" games.
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 8:42 pm    Post subject:

Treble Clef wrote:
CervantesRises wrote:
To drae

My final 5 would be Bron on ball, AD ready for 2 man pick and roll, DG for spot 3, AB for defense, and Dwight or KCP or AC depending on in game performance and matchups. I have a very difficult time seeing any team torching us with that lineup.

Butler missed a good look to tie it up in a damn good 2nd half we played against a really well coached and disciplined team.

I'm always glad when we win. Just feels to me like the team didn't respect this team at all, let them hang around with careless turnovers and settling for a 3 that wasnt working for anyone and because of that AD and Bron are in in the 4th Q and AD tweaks an ankle.

Add to that Vogel exploring a new closing lineup with Rondo on ball and back to back nights in huge party cities and you get what you get today...an uninspired win and a very important tweaked ankle with 2 big games coming up.

That supports why the Lakers are 24-3 and the other teams aren't. When the Lakers get an open look (or even a not open look) at a crucial shot late in the game, they don't miss it. These other teams get those looks against the Lakers and struggle to even hit the rim.

I think some people freak out when the games get close but the Lakers aren't getting close to losing these games. It is true that they don't respect these other teams but they're always going to do enough to win. I don't think it's coincidence that they're winning every single one of these "close" games.

I'm feeling so chastised...sooner or later I'll learn my lesson on LG lol.

My point tonight was simple.

Rondo has no business being in the rotation in crunch time. He's not a plus on defense. He takes the ball out of Bron's hands. And he isn't part of our best or 2nd best 5 man combo.

I like Rondo. I'm definitely not freaking out. Been a fan since '79 and my emotional state isn't dictated by what happens in a sport's entertainment event.

Just being objective with what I've seen over the last 2 games with Rondo in the close vs what I've seen over the other 22 wins.

Tonight, had they respected their opponent then perhaps Bron and AD sit in the 4th and we're not looking up whether or not AD's ankle is ok for the next 2 contests...but that's conjecture and games like this happen.

However, if given the choice between Bron or Rondo dictating the offense in crunch time...I will ALWAYS vote for Bron. Rondo is a Q2, Q3 player imo...which ain't worth much around here.

#BannersOverBillboards
blackmamba08
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:07 pm    Post subject:

This team is amazing. Just amazing.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 10:29 pm    Post subject:

CervantesRises wrote:
drae wrote:
CervantesRises wrote:
as stupid as trying to be bounty hunter and protect baby Yoda at the same time...it might work here and there, but it's not a recipe for sustained success.

Baby Yoda craze taking over the world

And thank God for it...we all need some hope.

That last episode had me on the floor when he was looking at his hand.

Yep! Time to rewatch Ep. 6.
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 11:59 pm    Post subject:

CervantesRises wrote:
Treble Clef wrote:
CervantesRises wrote:
To drae

Rondo has no business being in the rotation in crunch time. He's not a plus on defense. He takes the ball out of Bron's hands. And he isn't part of our best or 2nd best 5 man combo.

I like Rondo. I'm definitely not freaking out. Been a fan since '79 and my emotional state isn't dictated by what happens in a sport's entertainment event.

Just being objective with what I've seen over the last 2 games with Rondo in the close vs what I've seen over the other 22 wins.

Tonight, had they respected their opponent then perhaps Bron and AD sit in the 4th and we're not looking up whether or not AD's ankle is ok for the next 2 contests...but that's conjecture and games like this happen.

However, if given the choice between Bron or Rondo dictating the offense in crunch time...I will ALWAYS vote for Bron. Rondo is a Q2, Q3 player imo...which ain't worth much around here.

It will be an advantage for them in the playoffs as they are already get used to it. They won't panic easily in that kind of situation unlike the other teams.
Annihilator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2019 3:05 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Annihilator wrote:
eureca wrote:
Felt like the trap game, but we still somehow won.

Runway8 wrote:
1 trap game down, 1 more to go.

Wilt wrote:
One of the ugliest wins I can recall. We clearly aren't getting up for the weaker teams. But our talent can overcome it.

Historically, this is the type of game that some of the best Lakers teams have lost. Somehow, this group made it through.

I thought that was the Miami game.. it was playoff intensity against a solid team, but a team that could be slept on. (they also didn't have 2 of their best players)... they had the momentum/juice most of the game...but somehow we just overcame as the better team..

Somewhere in the back of my mind are regular season games with Kobe and Shaq against weak teams in which the Lakers lost because they played down to their opponents level (the 2000-01 Lakers went 15-1 in the playoffs but only 56-26 in the regular season lost to the 25-57 Atlanta Hawks). The same is true with Showtime. Even the 71-72 Laker team that won 69 games had some losses to some weak teams (for example, Detroit and Kansas City). Beating a weak team in the midst of a long road trip on a night when everything isn't working well is a sign of a really good team.

--Anonymous

Last edited by Annihilator on Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
AJ
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2019 6:53 am    Post subject:

Aside from their team sucking, it seems pretty lit to play in Atlanta.
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2019 11:39 am    Post subject:

CervantesRises wrote:
Treble Clef wrote:
CervantesRises wrote:
To drae

Sorry about that, I actually wasn't disagreeing with what you said, particularly about Rondo not being one of their top 5 who should be closing games.

I was speaking more generally that this team knows they can beat whoever they want, whenever they want, and they coast pretty often. I expect the Lakers to make every single big shot and I expect the opponents to miss open looks in crunch time because it has been a pattern all season. Outside of the Dallas game where they appeared to give up after not getting the benefit of the doubt on a couple whistles, the team seems to have a cheat code at their disposal.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2019 6:45 pm    Post subject:

AJ wrote:
Aside from their team sucking, it seems pretty lit to play in Atlanta.
Tru DAT x 2!!
cisternachyli
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2019 6:57 pm    Post subject:

QFTOS?
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:09 pm    Post subject:

cisternachyli wrote:
QFTOS?

The crowd was about 40-50% Laker fans; I doubt if the Hawk fans had much to say.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30
Page 30 of 30
Jump to: