*** Los Angeles Lakers @ Atlanta Hawks (12/15/19) Gm#27 ***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 28, 29, 30  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lakerican
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 6:12 pm    Post subject:

You ladies are forgetting today is Sunday.

We are doing what great teams do. Win pretty & Win ugly.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 6:12 pm    Post subject:

Did anyone with DTV get NBA League Pass and NFL Sunday Ticket today? I got it free today.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Last edited by jodeke on Sun Dec 15, 2019 6:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 6:14 pm    Post subject:

lakerican wrote:
You ladies are forgetting today is Sunday.

We are doing what great teams do. Win pretty & Win ugly.

^^^^ This
cal1piggy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 6:17 pm    Post subject:

LAII wrote:
cal1piggy wrote:
overseas right now with horrible internet access. what happened? did we win? anyone hurt?

We won. Everyone is fine. AD tweaked his ankle a tad. Your nephews are thinking it was a terrible win.

thank you for the summary!
ksmgf
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 6:18 pm    Post subject:

LakerLogic wrote:
ksmgf wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:
Worst victory of the year

A win is a win...on to Indiana

LBJ/AD playing big minutes

AD tweaking his ankle

A win is not a win

Indiana won again. They are missing Oladipo...are they really that good?
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 6:18 pm    Post subject:

CervantesRises wrote:
drae wrote:
CervantesRises wrote:
drae wrote:
CervantesRises wrote:
drae wrote:
CervantesRises wrote:
drae wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:
Too much Rondo again in this game.

Vogel needs to grow some balls.

Rondo was good this game. We don't win without Rondo

Not in the 4th he wasnt.

Rondo has no business closing tight games. Takes the ball out of Brom's hands and we have better defenders on the bench.

Bron was gassed at the end of the game. Insert Caruso and we take a hit on offense.

Caruso was taking minutes because Bradley was out, they do similar jobs.

Bron was gassed against MIA

Here? Nah.

Game was slow paced and he got extended rests. Tired from the travel...sure...gassed? Nah.

Caruso does nothing on offense. Nothing right now. We needed points, the defense was there

We went 1 for 13 to end the game...how did Rondo help with that as our primary ball handler on all of those possessions?

Our closing lineup that's worked damn near all year has been AC DG LBJ AD and either Dwight or AB.

At the end of games I want the ball in Bron's hands and dawgs on defense.

Rondo isnt a dawg on D and on O he takes the ball out of Bron's hands...I'm fine with that in the 2nd Q...but not in crunch time.

We've now done that twice and it's sucked both times.

You put your best players in a position to succeed at the end of the games, you don't put your favorite guys in. Rondo was playing better than Caruso so he got the end of game minutes.

Our 4th quarter lineups have been so strong because they've been the best 4th quarter defense all year holding teams to 22 points. How many did the Hawks score in the 4th quarter? 18. There was no drop in defense with Rondo in.

Vogel played Bron almost the whole 4th quarter. He's not young anymore. Usually AD will be there to share the responsibilities however he was injured. Rondo in was a good play.

Caruso offered nothing on the offensive end of the court. AB the same.

Why are you so fixated on AC?

I'm not.

Is Rondo in our top 5 defensive players? No.

Is Rondo in our top 2 defensive guards? No.

Are AB, AC, and KCP all better than him on defense? Yes.

Does Rondo take the ball out of Bron's hands? Yes.

Is Rondo better in crunch time than Bron with decision making? No.

I'm fine with any combination of Bron AD Dwight DG AB AC KCP to close out games...Rondo has now closed in MIA and ATL...our offense looked horrible to close out each game and our defense was 9ften not matched up right as Rondo prefers to switch rather than fight through screens.

I'm not attacking your point of view...just offering a different insight. Rondo is a valuable player for us in Q 2 and Q3 because he give Bron time off the ball or a chance to go to the bench.

We're talking about crunch time with the game in doubt...Rondo is not one of our top 7 players because he doesnt play D and his shot hasnt yet arrived on this trip with his luggage.

Okay then, instead of Caruso or AB who replaces Rondo. Name the lineup.

Not interested in a player's history, interested in how they play this game. Danny Green is a 40% 3 point shooter and that meant nothing today. Rondo was playing better than Caruso today, it's all you need to know.

The ball won't be in Lebron's hands all 4th quarter. Lebron habitually takes plays off in the 4th quarter by dumping it into AD in the post. Taking the ball out of Lebron's hands isn't necessarily a bad thing on select plays. Kawhi's a great midrange shooter, doesn't mean the Clippers will run the offense through Kawhi every single play.

AB and Caruso were playing worse than Rondo today. And Rondo's D was fine this game. He can't stay athletically ahead of players since his injury but he used to be one of the best. He knows what needs to be done.

I know you're offering a different insight and I think it's flawed. There are situations where Rondo in the 4th quarter is fine. Against a non-punishing offense where D isn't as important and in games where our offense is terrible may be one of those games.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 6:23 pm    Post subject:

24-3 is the best start since? I know 23-3 was the best start since the 85-86 season...
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 6:25 pm    Post subject:

ksmgf wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:
ksmgf wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:
Worst victory of the year

A win is a win...on to Indiana

LBJ/AD playing big minutes

AD tweaking his ankle

A win is not a win

Indiana won again. They are missing Oladipo...are they really that good?

Brogdan has basically replaced Oladipo. Very solid team. If Oladipo can get back to where he was, they have a chance in the East.
cal1piggy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 6:25 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
24-3 is the best start since? I know 23-3 was the best start since the 85-86 season...

hope we r not chasing warriors
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 6:26 pm    Post subject:

TMG wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
TMG wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
LAII wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Smh. This game is worse than any of those grind it out wins they had.

Just really bad, win or lose. Worst performance of the year imo.

Call me old fashioned, but the worst peformance of the year are games we have lost. So there are only 3 to choose from so far.

That’s fine and you can look at it binary.

Imo this game was far worse than losses. Just terrible, but beauty of it is we can all have our own opinion on it.

Really this game was far worse than the losses? Like the loss we had against Dallas where we got demolished? Or the game against Toronto where they killed us? This W is worse than them? K.

No team goes undefeated. Losses happen.

You think how they performed today was better than the 3 losses? I saw 23+ turnovers, 3 of what 30 from 3? Free throws amateur hour (which will bite them in a playoff series if they don’t clean it up).

Terrible basketball. I’m not looking at opponent or W/L.

The Memphis or OKC games are ones you say ok, not our best but better than losing.

Tonight was embarrassing imo.

No i dont think they performed well this game but to call it embarrassing? It was a bad performance but in the end it was a W.

getting blown out 35-17 against Dallas in the 3Q at home is embarrassing

Losing against a Raptors team without Lowry and Ibaka at home is embarassing. This was the ugliest W of the season but it wasn't embarrassing. We played really bad and still won. That Dallas and raptors game was our worst games by far. We got owned at home.

I would hope everyone or most are appreciative of this team, they are kicking ass.

We can agree/disagree on the individual games. You saw those 2 games as the worst games. I saw them as good teams with skill sets that give the Lakers trouble. Dallas probably also because it was that dreaded afternoon game.

I love this year’s team, but it’s also ok to critique and to me tonight’s 5/31 and 22 turnovers even in W is the worst of year but I also understand those who choose 1 of the Ls.

Last edited by LakerSD on Sun Dec 15, 2019 6:28 pm; edited 2 times in total
Gandalf
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 6:26 pm    Post subject:

We give Kuz a hard time, but the reality is that him being out means a player (Dudley) who has no business being in the rotation plays minutes. That will put a strain in our ability to put away teams.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 6:28 pm    Post subject:

Gandalf wrote:
We give Kuz a hard time, but the reality is that him being out means a player (Dudley) who has no business being in the rotation plays minutes. That will put a strain in our ability to put away teams.

The problem was Dudley wasn't taking shots. He's shooting over 60% from 3 this year and he wouldn't take open looks
TMG
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 6:38 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
TMG wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
TMG wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
LAII wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Smh. This game is worse than any of those grind it out wins they had.

Just really bad, win or lose. Worst performance of the year imo.

Call me old fashioned, but the worst peformance of the year are games we have lost. So there are only 3 to choose from so far.

That’s fine and you can look at it binary.

Imo this game was far worse than losses. Just terrible, but beauty of it is we can all have our own opinion on it.

Really this game was far worse than the losses? Like the loss we had against Dallas where we got demolished? Or the game against Toronto where they killed us? This W is worse than them? K.

No team goes undefeated. Losses happen.

You think how they performed today was better than the 3 losses? I saw 23+ turnovers, 3 of what 30 from 3? Free throws amateur hour (which will bite them in a playoff series if they don’t clean it up).

Terrible basketball. I’m not looking at opponent or W/L.

The Memphis or OKC games are ones you say ok, not our best but better than losing.

Tonight was embarrassing imo.

No i dont think they performed well this game but to call it embarrassing? It was a bad performance but in the end it was a W.

getting blown out 35-17 against Dallas in the 3Q at home is embarrassing

Losing against a Raptors team without Lowry and Ibaka at home is embarassing. This was the ugliest W of the season but it wasn't embarrassing. We played really bad and still won. That Dallas and raptors game was our worst games by far. We got owned at home.

I would hope everyone or most are appreciative of this team, they are kicking ass.

We can agree/disagree on the individual games. You saw those 2 games as the worst games. I saw them as good teams with skill sets that give the Lakers trouble. Dallas probably also because it was that dreaded afternoon game.

I love this year’s team, but it’s also ok to critique and to me tonight’s 5/31 and 22 turnovers even in W is the worst of year but I also understand those who choose 1 of the Ls.

Understood dude it's nice to have heightened expectations this season compared to the disastrous seasons we've had prior. Last season this would have been an L.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 6:38 pm    Post subject:

Right now the plan seems to be to get Rondo and Bradley on the same page for the second unit, as the starting unit of Green/KCP have done well and been starting together for a long time now. KCP has been a different player starting, than coming off the bench.

We are going to have to play some 3 guard lineups, and also play some lineups where Danny's our 3. That's the best way to get everyone enough minutes to make an impact.

But the greater question is not Rondo, but Bradley. When he was starting he was playing quality minutes and a role that was valuable. Since his return, I don't know if his value is same off the bench, and it is impacting Caruso's minutes and impact since they play similar roles on offense and have similar drawbacks (no consistent 3 pointer). It's relatively new where we have all these guys available.

However having Caruso and Bradley out there together as your 2nd unit defensively. With Dwight, Lebron, AD. Man. That defense. I love the defensive potential of this team. We have so many guys that can just flat out defend, and put forth lineups where all 5 guys can defend, and there's no hole in the lineup.

You look at this game tonight. We played piss poor (for our standards) on offense. Yet Atlanta scored 96 points on their home floor. Atlanta averaged 108. So we held them 12 points less than their usual average, and that too on a night where we gave them many more chances to score with our own 20+ TOs. This shows you how elite our D is with guys like Bradley, Caruso, Green, KCP, Dwight, and obviously AD, the DPOTY. Even Rondo, he has some of the best hands I've seen on the team defensively. We are the most talented, skilled defensive team in the NBA. We can just lock down, board, you name it. There is not an area of the court defensively, we can not get to. Sure some nights we take it off or get exposed for not paying enough attention to that match up or area. But when we play our best defensive lineups and lock in, we're very very very difficult to score on. This bodes very well for the playoffs, because playoff basketball is a lot slower more intense and grind it out.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
LAII
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 6:54 pm    Post subject:

cal1piggy wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

hope we r not chasing warriors

I think we are just experimenting with different lineups and manging injuries while trying to win. Vogel and LeBron are doing an A+ job of both.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 7:03 pm    Post subject:

A win is a win

We're doing what we're supposed to do

Don't know if I like our current guard rotation, though
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 7:04 pm    Post subject:

To drae

My final 5 would be Bron on ball, AD ready for 2 man pick and roll, DG for spot 3, AB for defense, and Dwight or KCP or AC depending on in game performance and matchups. I have a very difficult time seeing any team torching us with that lineup.

Butler missed a good look to tie it up in a damn good 2nd half we played against a really well coached and disciplined team.

Reddish missed a wide open corner 3 to tie it up.

I'm always glad when we win. Just feels to me like the team didn't respect this team at all, let them hang around with careless turnovers and settling for a 3 that wasnt working for anyone and because of that AD and Bron are in in the 4th Q and AD tweaks an ankle.

Add to that Vogel exploring a new closing lineup with Rondo on ball and back to back nights in huge party cities and you get what you get today...an uninspired win and a very important tweaked ankle with 2 big games coming up.

#BannersOverBillboards
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 7:10 pm    Post subject:

CervantesRises wrote:
To drae

My final 5 would be Bron on ball, AD ready for 2 man pick and roll, DG for spot 3, AB for defense, and Dwight.

Normally that would be a good lineup, today however Green was 0/5 from 3 and AB had 3 points in 6 attempts. Defense was good all game, we held them to 18 points in the 4th, but we needed points. There were times Toronto almost benched Green in the playoffs merely because he's so streaky as a shooter and some games he just didn't have it. In fact today I thought we played better in the 3rd when Green was off the field.

CervantesRises wrote:

Add to that Vogel exploring a new closing lineup with Rondo on ball and back to back nights in huge party cities and you get what you get today...an uninspired win and a very important tweaked ankle with 2 big games coming up.

The uninspiring nature of the win had nothing to do with Rondo and everything to do with people not hitting their shots. The ankle injury was also just AD coming down from a layup/dunk and landing awkwardly, he wasn't doing some spectacular play.
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 7:11 pm    Post subject:

One of the ugliest wins I can recall. We clearly aren't getting up for the weaker teams. But our talent can overcome it.
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 7:20 pm    Post subject:

You purposely missing my point.

It's all good.

I like Rondo and I like him on this team...just dont think making one 3 while constantly compromising our defensive matchups should put him in line to close over proven defenders and 3 point shooters. And any offensive philosophy that takes the ball out of Bron's hands in the closing minutes is as stupid as trying to be bounty hunter and protect baby Yoda at the same time...it might work here and there, but it's not a recipe for sustained success.

Peace Brethren...Holla atcha l8tr.

#BannersOverBillboards
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 7:22 pm    Post subject:

CervantesRises wrote:
as stupid as trying to be bounty hunter and protect baby Yoda at the same time...it might work here and there, but it's not a recipe for sustained success.

Baby Yoda craze taking over the world
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 7:27 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
CervantesRises wrote:
as stupid as trying to be bounty hunter and protect baby Yoda at the same time...it might work here and there, but it's not a recipe for sustained success.

Baby Yoda craze taking over the world

And thank God for it...we all need some hope.

That last episode had me on the floor when he was looking at his hand.

#BannersOverBillboards
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 7:53 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
How bad has this one been?

The Kings have turned the ball over 26 times tonight. They still lead this game by 22 in the 4th.

The Golden State tank, ladies and gentlemen.
Annihilator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 8:01 pm    Post subject:

eureca wrote:
Felt like the trap game, but we still somehow won.

Runway8 wrote:
1 trap game down, 1 more to go.

Wilt wrote:
One of the ugliest wins I can recall. We clearly aren't getting up for the weaker teams. But our talent can overcome it.

Historically, this is the type of game that some of the best Lakers teams have lost. Somehow, this group made it through.

--Anonymous
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 8:10 pm    Post subject:

Annihilator wrote:
eureca wrote:
Felt like the trap game, but we still somehow won.

Runway8 wrote:
1 trap game down, 1 more to go.

Wilt wrote:

Historically, this is the type of game that some of the best Lakers teams have lost. Somehow, this group made it through.

I thought that was the Miami game.. it was playoff intensity against a solid team, but a team that could be slept on. (they also didn't have 2 of their best players)... they had the momentum/juice most of the game...but somehow we just overcame as the better team..
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 28, 29, 30  Next
Page 29 of 30
Jump to: