"Consider this a warning, @NBA."
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 2:47 pm    Post subject: "Consider this a warning, @NBA."

I caught a lot of flak from friends around the country when the Lakers sent that out after the 1st preseason game, then got major trash thrown my way after the opening night loss to the Clippers.

But now . . .

MFing haters are acting like they did at the height of the Shaq/Kobe days. They're minimizing our record, hoping our players get hurt, their favorite teams are whoever's playing the Lakers, etc.

Meanwhile, the Laker fans are taking over road arenas and almost ALL of the media haters - Windbag, Momo the Cow, et. al. - are backtracking on their predictions.

I. AM. LOVING. EVERY. GOSH. DARN. MINUTE. OF. IT!

I am KILLING my loser Clipper-loving friends and other Laker haters with magnanimity: "oh, it's still early in the season," "there's a lot of basketball to be played," "several teams have really improved this year," etc.

But watching the Lakers get back to spanking the league with regularity is fannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnntastic!!!!!!!!!!!!
SumminFunny
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 3:14 pm    Post subject:

I've been keeping TONS of receipts since the summer. Been cashing them in through out the season. Best will be cashing them in in June.

Some may call it petty. I DONT CARE!
moonriver24
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 3:34 pm    Post subject:

Beat LA! Beat LA!

Actually, the chanting is a compliment!
Mamba81
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 3:37 pm    Post subject:

haters gon hate but its hard to hear em from up here at the top!!
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 3:38 pm    Post subject:

I’m waiting until the end of the postseason.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 4:27 pm    Post subject:

I'm waiting until the end of the playoffs.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 4:53 pm    Post subject:

The team wasn’t even playing well until a few weeks ago and they were still nearly unbeatable when they weren’t good. Now they look great. Where teams used to get amped up to play us and maybe win, sparking those early 20-5 runs our opponents were seeming to hit every first quarter, now they are all pencilling in a loss the night they see the Lakers and focusing on other games. It’s only going to get easier.
nickuku
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 4:54 pm    Post subject:

Not really a fan of front-running. I hope this doesn't blow up in our faces.
Annihilator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:16 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:

epak wrote:

I'm waiting for the parade down Figueroa.

Come to think of it, I am wondering if Caruso can dance better than Madsen.

--Anonymous
microbe obliterator
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:49 pm    Post subject:

Annihilator wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

epak wrote:

I'm waiting for the parade down Figueroa.

Come to think of it, I am wondering if Caruso can dance better than Madsen.

the Madsen Mad Shuffle was the stuff made of legends, but can the Accountant Allemande be its equal?! k, now we gotta win it all to find out!
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:55 pm    Post subject:

nickuku wrote:

Same. Plus when the Clips were beating us, we would say we play for rings not regular season games. So, yeah, how can we talk until after said ring is won. Lol
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:13 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
nickuku wrote:

Same. Plus when the Clips were beating us, we would say we play for rings not regular season games. So, yeah, how can we talk until after said ring is won. Lol

I'm not front-running at all. I'm doing the sportsmanlike thing, giving everyone their props, etc.

It's like making gumbo - I'm just letting it simmer and having the flavors blend. When it is ready to serve, however . . . BAM!
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 7:07 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
nickuku wrote:

I'm not front-running at all. I'm doing the sportsmanlike thing, giving everyone their props, etc.

It's like making gumbo - I'm just letting it simmer and having the flavors blend. When it is ready to serve, however . . . BAM!

it's not front running because AD has shown that he is a spectacular player and it's not a stat thing or luck. that guy is amazing at everything almost.
AshesToAshes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 7:13 pm    Post subject:

i have a lot less people that want to talk about the NBA now. They were ride or die warrior "fans" and now unsure who their favorite team is now.

Either way, all the jerseys and chants we hear for the lakers across the entire NBA is a long-awaited release by laker fans.

it is a great feeling and moment, but waiting to see when last game is this playoffs.
greek laker
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 8:29 pm    Post subject:

On the other hand i m not that concerned about play offs,parades etc.
I m worried that at some point,in one-two-three years these dreamy
nights of regular season where everyone talks about my lakers and their
dominance will eventually come to an end.
lar9149
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 8:36 pm    Post subject: Re: "Consider this a warning, @NBA."

Dr. Laker wrote:
I caught a lot of flak from friends around the country when the Lakers sent that out after the 1st preseason game, then got major trash thrown my way after the opening night loss to the Clippers.

But now . . .

MFing haters are acting like they did at the height of the Shaq/Kobe days. They're minimizing our record, hoping our players get hurt, their favorite teams are whoever's playing the Lakers, etc.

Meanwhile, the Laker fans are taking over road arenas and almost ALL of the media haters - Windbag, Momo the Cow, et. al. - are backtracking on their predictions.

I. AM. LOVING. EVERY. GOSH. DARN. MINUTE. OF. IT!

I am KILLING my loser Clipper-loving friends and other Laker haters with magnanimity: "oh, it's still early in the season," "there's a lot of basketball to be played," "several teams have really improved this year," etc.

But watching the Lakers get back to spanking the league with regularity is fannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnntastic!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am loving this too. I bolded the above because I got to thinking..Lebron said the offense has finally caught up to the defense. And AD said recently at least offensively, he needed to find a rhythm and apparently he has found his rhythm the last few games. So the point is

1. The beginning of the season the Lakers were playing subprime offense
2. Most of the season, AD been playing subprime offense

Yet the Lakers are 21-3.

Now Avery Bradley coming back. So yes its early in the season and yes there is a lot of basketball to be played...and the Lakers have yet to put up their best hand!
Carushow
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 3:50 am    Post subject:

Oh, one of those premature celebration threads that will blow up in OPs face once AD goes down with his shoulder and the Lakers are swept by the Mavs, great. Let me tell you something, my friend:

A real Lakers-fan doesn't boast and certainly doesn't celebrate anything else than a 'chip, buddy. Just keep your cool and smirk arrogantly whenever one of those doofus friends of yours wants to talk b-ball with you. They're not worth your time, they're not on your level intellectually. If they were, they would be Lakers-fans, too, right?

The moment we sweep Giannis in the finals is when I will rise from my couch, tip my hat to the team, light a cigar, take a sip of some good ol' whiskey, and enjoy the moment for a couple of minutes. And once the glass is empty it's back to smirking arrogantly and ignoring people until we win the next one. That is the Laker way, baby.
blackmamba08
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 5:46 am    Post subject:

moonriver24 wrote:
Beat LA! Beat LA!

Actually, the chanting is a compliment!

I actually love to hear that. It means we are back (bleep).
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:14 am    Post subject:

I am wearing Lakers gear to the office slightly more often than usual, and it's funny to hear people who were confidently picking the Clippers start to backtrack now. It went from "Clippers will beat the Lakers in the playoffs" to "Lakers are the favorites, but the Clippers are strong too."

Also, I used to get heckled while wearing Lakers gear a lot more often last year (and previous years). I went to the Suns vs. Lakers game, and it went from "BEAT LA" to "let's leave early so the Lakers fans don't make fun of us." Now, people shoot dirty/resentful looks and keep their mouths politely shut
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 7:22 am    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
nickuku wrote:

Haha. Yeah I hear you. But me, I don’t do the BAM at the end. I just gently put the best bowl of gumbo ever made down on the table and walk away like yeah, it’s just what I do.
cisternachyli
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:15 am    Post subject:

BadGuy wrote:
I am wearing Lakers gear to the office slightly more often than usual, and it's funny to hear people who were confidently picking the Clippers start to backtrack now. It went from "Clippers will beat the Lakers in the playoffs" to "Lakers are the favorites, but the Clippers are strong too."

Also, I used to get heckled while wearing Lakers gear a lot more often last year (and previous years). I went to the Suns vs. Lakers game, and it went from "BEAT LA" to "let's leave early so the Lakers fans don't make fun of us." Now, people shoot dirty/resentful looks and keep their mouths politely shut

Man when the F are the Flippers moving? This town ain't big enough for the both of us!
Harlemlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:31 am    Post subject:

For the last 6 years, Laker fans have had to deal with relentless abuse from media, fans of other teams and players from other teams. We have been laughed at, picked apart and left for dead. We had to just sit there and take it. Some with the confidence that we will once again rise to the top and some with pessimism that we will never get back and that our past success was just a relic of the past.

Now we are back, not with a good team, a great team that has a generational talent( AD) in his prime and an All time great ( Lebron) past his prime but still playing at an all time high level. Players want to come here again, Fans are swarming the arenas to see us and haters are out in full force, showing their jealousy, and an deep seated hatred for the fact that they buried us for dead and here we are, back at the top again. Wit all of that, why is celebrating looked at as front running?

I wouldn't call that front running. I call that enjoying the fruits of of labor. This was a long time coming and we suffered a ton of abuse by fans and media. Now, its time for some pay back!

Last edited by Harlemlakerfan on Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:56 am; edited 1 time in total
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:51 am    Post subject:

Harlemlakerfan wrote:
For the last 6 years, Laker fans have had to deal with relentless abuse from media, fans of other teams and players from other teams. We have been laughed at, picked apart and left for dead. We had to just sit there and take it. Some with the confidence that we will once again rise to the top and some with pessimism that we will never get back and that our past success was just a relic of the past.

Now we are back, not with a good team, a great team that has a generational talent( AD) in his prime and an All time great ( Lebron) past his prime but still playing at an all time high level. Players want to come here again, Fans are swarming the arenas to see us and haters are out in full force, showing their jealousy, and an deep seated hatred for the fact that they buried us for dead and here we are, back at the top again. Wit all of that, why is celebrating looked at as front running?

I wouldn't call that front running. I call that enjoying the fruits of of labor. This was a long time coming and we suffered a ton of abuse by fans a media. Now, its time for some pay back!

Assuming we avoid assuming a title as already won, I agree with every word you just wrote
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:08 am    Post subject:

Carushow wrote:
Oh, one of those premature celebration threads that will blow up in OPs face once AD goes down with his shoulder and the Lakers are swept by the Mavs, great. Let me tell you something, my friend:

A real Lakers-fan doesn't boast and certainly doesn't celebrate anything else than a 'chip, buddy. Just keep your cool and smirk arrogantly whenever one of those doofus friends of yours wants to talk b-ball with you. They're not worth your time, they're not on your level intellectually. If they were, they would be Lakers-fans, too, right?

The moment we sweep Giannis in the finals is when I will rise from my couch, tip my hat to the team, light a cigar, take a sip of some good ol' whiskey, and enjoy the moment for a couple of minutes. And once the glass is empty it's back to smirking arrogantly and ignoring people until we win the next one. That is the Laker way, baby.

I was a "real Lakers-fan" well before 01 Dec 2019, newbie (unless you want to share what your other usernames are).
Harlemlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:51 am    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
Carushow wrote:

I was a "real Lakers-fan" well before 01 Dec 2019, newbie (unless you want to share what your other usernames are).

In the words of Phil Jackson, "Enjoy the journey". Every real Laker fan knows that the championship is the main goal for us. That goes without saying. That does not deter us from enjoying the journey, on the road to the championship. That's the one thing that Kobe said that Phil taught him. Savor the championship but, enjoy the journey.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3
Jump to: