OFFICIAL LONZO BALL THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1673, 1674, 1675 ... 1686, 1687, 1688  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dabask11
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:17 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
kikanga wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
defense wrote:
Lol Ventura really hates magic

No, he just sucked as an exec. Do you disagree? Don’t be timid.

I just wish you judged Jim with the same level of critique. Considering Magic's primary job while here was cleaning up the mistakes of his predecessor.

Jim was as bad as Magic. The only one who knew anything was Mitch.

Jim was decent as VP during our championship runs at least.

Magic has been bad at everything non-playing wise besides being a figure head/mascot.

Magic quitting will always cement him as the worst basketball executive in NBA history.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:49 pm    Post subject:

I've soured on this guy.. He looks pathetic. So much so I wouldn't be surprised if he finds himself out of the league at some point.
OCWA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:56 am    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
I've soured on this guy.. He looks pathetic. So much so I wouldn't be surprised if he finds himself out of the league at some point.

Everyone is out of the league at some point

No doubt that he has the skills to be an impactful NBA player. I question his desire. He might just not like playing anymore.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:07 pm    Post subject:

OCWA wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:

No doubt that he has the skills to be an impactful NBA player. I question his desire. He might just not like playing anymore.

That's what I find so perplexing.. We've all seen what he's capable of..
Annihilator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:57 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
OCWA wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:

That's what I find so perplexing.. We've all seen what he's capable of..

Something is very wrong in his life. He was a very good free throw shooter in high school (around 80%). In college, he was borderline bad (67%). In the NBA, he is bad (60% this year up from 41.7% last year). How does one get worse like this?

--Anonymous
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:02 pm    Post subject:

Fultz is putting up equivalent numbers to Lonzo this year with a much higher PER. It would be a story if Fultz ends up with the better career.
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:46 am    Post subject:

It's only partially because he's not a Laker anymore ( ), but this is the first time he actually looks like a bust to me. To be fair, I think he didn't have the summer to develop his game because of the prior injury he had with us (?), but that's the story of his career so far. He's definitely rounded into a serviceable player, but nothing resembling a former #2 pick at the moment.

He very well could turn it around and make this all sound stupid, but the constant injuries, the apathy he shows on the court, and the lack of meaningful development since his rookie year is officially concerning. But with our other high picks like Jules, Dlo, and BI, you actually saw changes and skill improvement from year to year that made their later breakouts seem like they should've been more apparent in hindsight, and that's not the case with Zo at all.
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:51 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Fultz is putting up equivalent numbers to Lonzo this year with a much higher PER. It would be a story if Fultz ends up with the better career.

He looks good. I'm still surprised nobody put in a higher bid for him at the deadline last year, and there wasn't more interest league wide. It was basically a free lottery ticket.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2019 2:04 am    Post subject:

I find it quite amazing how Lonzo coming back from injuries is a "bust" but Kuzma plays like trash and everyone else is going "Well..we don't know how healthy he is really."

Also Zo's first game back he dropped 14/4/7 and shot 4/8 from three. Ya'll didn't say diddly.

But his second game back, he struggles, and ya'll show up going "Well he looks like a bust now."

He'll look inconsistent till he has consistent reps underneath him by being healthy, and that's when the time to take out your analysis hat will come.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:55 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
I find it quite amazing how Lonzo coming back from injuries is a "bust" but Kuzma plays like trash and everyone else is going "Well..we don't know how healthy he is really."

Also Zo's first game back he dropped 14/4/7 and shot 4/8 from three. Ya'll didn't say diddly.

But his second game back, he struggles, and ya'll show up going "Well he looks like a bust now."

He'll look inconsistent till he has consistent reps underneath him by being healthy, and that's when the time to take out your analysis hat will come.

I've never been a Ball hater.. Always remained optimistic about his potential. Watching him, I just don't see fire and passion.. That aggression we saw him play with on the defensive end, haven't seen much of that this year. He almost never drives. A lot of times he's just out there. This is just an honest assessment. I don't like what I'm seeing from him.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:00 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:

I've seen way, way more people trashing Kuz for his bad performances than people defending him by saying he isn't healthy.
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:51 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:

Ehh,.. I don’t miss Pels games. They’re just good entertainment, but I’ve said since game one I’ve not been overly impressed. I love Lonzo and absolutely think he has a role in this league but I haven’t seen the development I was hoping for getting him out of LA. I’m definitely reserving judgement though.

I’m nOt a Kuzma fan at all though as you know. But that’s primarily because he refuses to just be blue collar guy and all around type. He could be so much more than he is.
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:53 am    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
MJST wrote:

I've never been a Ball hater.. Always remained optimistic about his potential. Watching him, I just don't see fire and passion.. That aggression we saw him play with on the defensive end, haven't seen much of that this year. He almost never drives. A lot of times he's just out there. This is just an honest assessment. I don't like what I'm seeing from him.

This,... this is exactly what I’m missing out of him. Not seeing that top level defender we’ve seen in the past, and I’m not seeing the hustle for second chances on the rebounds or the anticipation on D. He just doesnt look like he wants to be out there most of the time and it really sucks. Because when ZO has it going he seriously is a special player.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2019 2:53 pm    Post subject:

Luminous8 wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
MJST wrote:

This,... this is exactly what I’m missing out of him. Not seeing that top level defender we’ve seen in the past, and I’m not seeing the hustle for second chances on the rebounds or the anticipation on D. He just doesnt look like he wants to be out there most of the time and it really sucks. Because when ZO has it going he seriously is a special player.

That is why I've been disappointed. I've seen him single handedly change the complexion of a game with his activity. He electrifies defense and offenses when on. Hopefully he can turn it around, but at present he just doesn't look comfortable.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:02 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
Luminous8 wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
MJST wrote:

That is why I've been disappointed. I've seen him single handedly change the complexion of a game with his activity. He electrifies defense and offenses when on. Hopefully he can turn it around, but at present he just doesn't look comfortable.

You mean like as if he's coming off injury and finding consistency because he's seeing the floor and getting back into the groove of things?

Anyway,

Zo 20/6/11 tonight with 3 steals 2 blocks and 4/5 from three.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:17 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
Luminous8 wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
MJST wrote:

You mean like as if he's coming off injury and finding consistency because he's seeing the floor and getting back into the groove of things?

Anyway,

Zo 20/6/11 tonight with 3 steals 2 blocks and 4/5 from three.

Let's just start here.. You're interacting with guys who like Ball.. Also let's not forget about the 7 turnovers tonight as well..

Him coming off an injury is no excuse for not playing with any passion. He had some fight in him tonight which is encouraging. I've got no beef with him as long as he's playing like he cares. I'm not going to pretend like he hasn't been playing like he gives a (bleep) because I like him.
OCWA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:45 pm    Post subject:

Nice game by the kid. Time to string some games together now.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:17 pm    Post subject:

He just needs some consistency and some time really, getting back in to the NBA groove is important, especially when you're injured.

People were burying Russell for that year he was injured with the Nets(ignoring what he was doing before he got hurt) and they were shocked when he became an all-star the next season when he was healthy.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:44 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
He just needs some consistency and some time really, getting back in to the NBA groove is important, especially when you're injured.

People were burying Russell for that year he was injured with the Nets(ignoring what he was doing before he got hurt) and they were shocked when he became an all-star the next season when he was healthy.

Nothing would shock me with Ball, Ingram, and even Kuz.. They've all got loads of potential..
SPO200
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 1:25 pm    Post subject:

Awful game today.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 1:43 pm    Post subject:

He's taking more threes than anyone on the Pels else except JJ but is 11th on the team in free-throw attempts. Most of his double digit scoring games are tied to success behind the arc.
lakerican
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 2:02 pm    Post subject:

Today, in the first quarter, 11+ mins, 0 points, 0 rebounds, 0 assists & 0 meaningful passes. Just awful. This kid is a bust.
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 4:15 pm    Post subject:

2/4/2 is just not acceptable. At this point he’s a To y Allen with less fight and physicality and better vision/shooting. I still believe in ZO, but I don’t think he’s ever going to be a top level starting guard. He’s simply not been the same player since his rookie year. He had a good stretch before injury last year. But at this point will ZO ever be healthy enough to find rhythm? It’s on him to grab it and run with it. For the record, I’ve been an avid ZO supporter but I’m not liking what I’m seeing so far.
lakers4life78
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 5:28 pm    Post subject:

Guy sucks. Bottom line. Rondo is a better fit on this team.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 5:11 pm    Post subject:

lakers4life78 wrote:
Guy sucks. Bottom line. Rondo is a better fit on this team.

I’ve said it before: A 6’6 version of prime Rondo was Ball’s ceiling. Ricky Rubio was a realistic projection. What we are seeing now is probably one of the worst outcomes for his career.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1673, 1674, 1675 ... 1686, 1687, 1688  Next
Page 1674 of 1688
Jump to: