OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 3848, 3849, 3850 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Carushow
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:42 pm    Post subject:

RI Laker wrote:
With the looks of these trades and talk about the Clippers, my suspicions were correct. Some on this site are on Baller's payroll.

How much can you make per hour smack talking the Lakers and where do I apply? Sounds like easy money.
nzahir
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:47 pm    Post subject:

RI Laker wrote:
I can care less about the back of a Laker uniform and I would be down with trading anyone (if it benefits the team). It does not make sense to talk about trading Kuz (selling low would be stupid).

We dont have much else to work with.

And even if we make a trade w/o kuzma, that may solve 1 issue. We have multiple

A guy like Winslow is also a buy low type of guy.

Kuzma, Cook, and Boogie (cut) to Mia. Daniels, future protected 2nd, and cash to atl. Winslow to LAL

Backup pg and a 3/4 elite defender off the bench.
Do it Mitch!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:56 pm    Post subject:

Carushow wrote:
RI Laker wrote:
With the looks of these trades and talk about the Clippers, my suspicions were correct. Some on this site are on Baller's payroll.

How much can you make per hour smack talking the Lakers and where do I apply? Sounds like easy money.

zero dollars. Which is so sad considering the amount of time some people put in.
Do it Mitch!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:58 pm    Post subject:

Yeah, the Kuzma trade take makes little sense. Why sell low on a player that makes peanuts anyway? Just hope he starts to play better.
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:13 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
https://twitter.com/thenbacentral/status/1201973870779076614?s=21

Well that's a dangerous team
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:54 pm    Post subject:

Joe Pesci wrote:
Can't think of a team right now who wants a Kyle Kuzma.

It's best to keep him. The Lakers need his offensive spark off the bench ... even if it may be inconsistent.

I still think replacing Rondo, Cook, McGee, and Pope with Iguodala, Trey Burke, Josh Jackson, and Norvell Jr. (or a comparable shooter/instant offense-type guard) is the move to make, and, in a perfect storm, will fill every hole on the roster:

PG - Burke - Caruso - Tucker
SG - Bradley - Norvell - Daniels
C - Davis - Howard - Cacok
PF - James - Kuzma - Dudley
SF - Green - Iguodala - Jackson

I'd also workout Monta Ellis if Norvell Jr. proves himself not ready. I don't like that Ellis has never been much of a shooter, but for 15 minutes off the bench he could provide the additional offensive shot creation off the bench this team desperately needs.

Simply put, the answers to the problems of this roster are ancillary. The moves, with the exception of Iguodala, will not be big name guys but more fit-based, low salary guys who will be given bigger roles and one in a lifetime opportunities.

Will they seize it (like Howard did before them)? I think they will.

I want to believe in what you're preaching but anyone saying to ditch McGee loses my support. We need his size, length, and speed at C next to AD. Dwight's be great but he's best as a backup and he has a history of health issues that don't make me feel comfortable with him and Cacock as the only options. Plus AD doesn't want to start at C- why mess up a good thing?
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:32 pm    Post subject:

There are so many hungry guards in the league. We need a scoring threat ala Dinwiddie, but obviously talent like that is hard to find... then develop. Maybe our best hope is to keep developing Caruso. We know he can score based on previous seasons.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:34 pm    Post subject:

Pesci, plenty of teams would want Kuzma. He’s cheap and has shown potential every now and then. He’s also somewhat of a star.
L4L
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:51 pm    Post subject:

I’ll take Bogdan over Bojan any day of the week and twice on Sundays. Bogdan has point guard skills and can literally have an offense run through him. He’s not just a shooter. He has elite length for a guy with pure guard skills. He’s a fantastic player who is being buried in Sacto.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:57 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
Pesci, plenty of teams would want Kuzma. He’s cheap and has shown potential every now and then. He’s also somewhat of a star.

Whether teams want Kuz or not would depend on what the Lakers asking price would be.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:06 pm    Post subject:

Kevin Garnett questioned whether the Boston Celtics were ever the right fit for Kyrie Irving, citing the pressure that comes with playing in Boston.

"Boston's a tough town, dawg. You have to have some major cojones to be there,"

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2865275-kevin-garnett-on-kyrie-irving-leaving-celtics-you-need-major-cojones-in-bos

So basically KG is calling Irving mentally fragile
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:37 pm    Post subject:

What can Kyle kuzma, Danny green,tht and cousins contract get us?
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:39 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:

Not sure if you were wondering about what type of player we could get, or the specific salary parameters, but I'll put my Bard hat on and take a stab:

Green $14,634,147
Cousins $3,500,000
Kuzma $1,974,600
THT $898,310

So that total is $21,007,057. With that outgoing salary (anything above $19.6MM), you're allowed to take back 125% plus 100K of incoming salary. That works out to $26,358,821, including the extra 100K. So I guess you could look at players who make close to that amount for this season. Of course, I find it highly unlikely that we would turn around and move Green, but I suppose stranger things have happened.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:54 pm    Post subject:

Lucky_Shot wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
https://twitter.com/thenbacentral/status/1201973870779076614?s=21

Well that's a dangerous team

I can't wait to see how Jimmy Butler deals with non-defense playing Demar.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:56 pm    Post subject:

We missed out on Carmelo. After his undeserved Player of the Week award, he put up a monster 9/6 (2-9 fg). We missed out. Acer, back me up.
Mamba81
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:56 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:

Not sure if you were wondering about what type of player we could get, or the specific salary parameters, but I'll put my Bard hat on and take a stab:

Green $14,634,147
Cousins $3,500,000
Kuzma $1,974,600
THT $898,310

So that total is $21,007,057. With that outgoing salary (anything above $19.6MM), you're allowed to take back 125% plus 100K of incoming salary. That works out to $26,358,821, including the extra 100K. So I guess you could look at players who make close to that amount for this season. Of course, I find it highly unlikely that we would turn around and move Green, but I suppose stranger things have happened.

i would do it if it meant returning a star caliber player!! the salary adds up but the value doesnt!! dont think we can get a whole lot for this package!!
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:01 pm    Post subject:

Mamba81 wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:

Green $14,634,147
Cousins $3,500,000
Kuzma $1,974,600
THT $898,310

i would do it if it meant returning a star caliber player!! the salary adds up but the value doesnt!! dont think we can get a whole lot for this package!!

I totally agree. I think it's more likely that we could use Kuzma and one salary filler player (like Cook or Daniels) to get someone making just under $9MM a year (you can take back 175% of the outgoing salary, plus 100K, if the outgoing amount is less than $6,533,333).
Mamba81
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:05 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
Mamba81 wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:

Green $14,634,147
Cousins $3,500,000
Kuzma $1,974,600
THT $898,310

I totally agree. I think it's more likely that we could use Kuzma and one salary filler player (like Cook or Daniels) to get someone making just under $9MM a year (you can take back 175% of the outgoing salary, plus 100K, if the outgoing amount is less than $6,533,333).

good to know. thank you for your salary cap analysis sir.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:11 pm    Post subject:

Also, I'm glad Lonnie Walker finally had a game.
I thought he'd be good coming out of college.
I wonder if he can start getting minutes.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:16 pm    Post subject:

Mamba81 wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
Mamba81 wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:

Green $14,634,147
Cousins $3,500,000
Kuzma $1,974,600
THT $898,310

good to know. thank you for your salary cap analysis sir.

No problem. I would highly recommend bookmarking Larry Coon's NBA Salary Cap FAQ page, especially when thinking about trades, where you can see the salary parameters in Question 86:

http://www.cbafaq.com/salarycap.htm
eddiejonze
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:21 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:

Green $14,634,147
Cousins $3,500,000
Kuzma $1,974,600
THT $898,310

Dlo
KBandKB
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:47 pm    Post subject:

eddiejonze wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:

Green $14,634,147
Cousins $3,500,000
Kuzma $1,974,600
THT $898,310

Dlo

The Warriors will definitely keep DLo plus their lottery pick. That's a perfect package for a rebuilding team who has no need for their veteran star.

For example, DLo + lottery pick + Eric Paschall can net you a star player
cital
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:59 pm    Post subject:

The only trade I can think of is Kuzma, Cook, and either Daniels OR Dudley for Covington.
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:21 am    Post subject:

KBandKB wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:

Green $14,634,147
Cousins $3,500,000
Kuzma $1,974,600
THT $898,310

Dlo

The Warriors will definitely keep DLo plus their lottery pick. That's a perfect package for a rebuilding team who has no need for their veteran star.

For example, DLo + lottery pick + Eric Paschall can net you a star player

They are eyeing a long wing 2 way player most likely. They also have that 17 mil trade exception. You can get a good role player with that. I don’t think their window is close yet.
matigol
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:29 am    Post subject:

DLO = Fools gold

will never be worth his contract
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 3848, 3849, 3850 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 3849 of 8560
Jump to: