OFFICIAL BRANDON INGRAM THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1854, 1855, 1856 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2019 3:48 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
LandsbergerRules wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:

Ingram is a good player, possible all-star in the making. He would be coming off the bench in LA because AD starts at 4, and Lebron match up wise is a 3. So unless Ingram wants to play 5, he will be coming in as a backup 3, who can then close games when AD slides to 5. That is how I mentioned him as a bench guy for us. He would be better than Kuzma in that role. On a team with lesser talent, or where they needed a starting 3, he would be that. However so would Kuzma. Back to Ingram, my point about him is that he is a good player, but I disagree that he will be Paul George or Kawhi 2.0

You don't think BI could play the 2 alongside Bron and AD? Dude is killing it from 3 on high volume this year.

Clearly he can.. he played at the 2 for us last season.. But little things like that don't matter when you're mired in a particular perspective.

Defense. Especially transition D with Ingram at the 2, Lebron at 3, AD at 4, and then a big ....would be poor.
This is the sort of thinking that made Luke Walton a failure.

Of course it would be poor.. Think of how much better KCP is on D at the 2 than Ingram would be.
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2019 5:14 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
LandsbergerRules wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:

Ingram is a good player, possible all-star in the making. He would be coming off the bench in LA because AD starts at 4, and Lebron match up wise is a 3. So unless Ingram wants to play 5, he will be coming in as a backup 3, who can then close games when AD slides to 5. That is how I mentioned him as a bench guy for us. He would be better than Kuzma in that role. On a team with lesser talent, or where they needed a starting 3, he would be that. However so would Kuzma. Back to Ingram, my point about him is that he is a good player, but I disagree that he will be Paul George or Kawhi 2.0

You don't think BI could play the 2 alongside Bron and AD? Dude is killing it from 3 on high volume this year.

Clearly he can.. he played at the 2 for us last season.. But little things like that don't matter when you're mired in a particular perspective.

Defense. Especially transition D with Ingram at the 2, Lebron at 3, AD at 4, and then a big ....would be poor.

Of course it would be poor.. Think of how much better KCP is on D at the 2 than Ingram would be.

I’ve honestly given up bro. It feels like we’re still having the same argument as last year and the man isn’t even on our team anymore. Never heard of a kid who’s 22, enjoys playing d and guarding the other teams best player, shoots upper 50s lower60s TS%, 50/40/80% and 26/7/4/1/1 averages as a bench player🤷🏻‍♂️ But then again,... I’ve only watched Pelicans games as my primary tv team this year. But what do I know.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2019 6:13 pm    Post subject:

Luminous8 wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
LandsbergerRules wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:

I’ve honestly given up bro. It feels like we’re still having the same argument as last year and the man isn’t even on our team anymore. Never heard of a kid who’s 22, enjoys playing d and guarding the other teams best player, shoots upper 50s lower60s TS%, 50/40/80% and 26/7/4/1/1 averages as a bench player🤷🏻‍♂️ But then again,... I’ve only watched Pelicans games as my primary tv team this year. But what do I know.

I can't help but try to correct bad narratives.. though I would agree, it seems pointless at times.
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2019 6:31 pm    Post subject:

BI offensive game is soooooo smooth my god hes dissecting OKC
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:45 pm    Post subject:

PayasoLoco wrote:
BI offensive game is soooooo smooth my god hes dissecting OKC

Thin Man is rebounding really well this year, too.
Kobesystem
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:01 am    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
Luminous8 wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
LandsbergerRules wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:

I can't help but try to correct bad narratives.. though I would agree, it seems pointless at times.

I agree though.

I don't think Ingram would be that effective with Lebron and Ad honestly....

At the moment, Ingram has the green light in New Orleans, but just wait until Zion returns and ESPN will be running trade rumors on Ingram nonstop
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:40 am    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
LandsbergerRules wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:

And an era that existed a decade ago. Using advanced stats from that same era.
Laker_Dynasty_01
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:49 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
22 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
22 wrote:
Kobesystem wrote:
Still think he will get traded before the deadline. Along with Lonzo.

And I think he should be. I don’t see his game meshing with Zion’s.

I still don’t see much special with BI. I think if the lakers had developed him right (emphasize D first and brought the offensive responsibility along slowly) he could have wound up PG or Butler level. Now I see his ceiling as more of a derozan level player

So basically only an all NBA player?

Yup which is a nice ceiling but certainly nothing to worry about losing for AD. I don’t think he can be a cornerstone franchise guy

I agree, Ingram can be a good complimentary player. And the same for AD.

Yes, I see Ingram high-fiving and complimenting teammates all the time.

As for being a complementary player, Ingram doesn't score the bulk of his field goals off of assists, so he could only complement guys like Steph and Klay, who are off ball superstars.

But AD is clearly on another level, he had a 59/20 game at age 22. He led a team with similar talent to the playoffs (when Jrue missed 42 games), while younger than Ingram is now. He was an all-star at age 20.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:37 pm    Post subject:

Laker_Dynasty_01 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
22 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
22 wrote:
Kobesystem wrote:

I still don’t see much special with BI. I think if the lakers had developed him right (emphasize D first and brought the offensive responsibility along slowly) he could have wound up PG or Butler level. Now I see his ceiling as more of a derozan level player

Yup which is a nice ceiling but certainly nothing to worry about losing for AD. I don’t think he can be a cornerstone franchise guy

As for being a complementary player, Ingram doesn't score the bulk of his field goals off of assists, so he could only complement guys like Steph and Klay, who are off ball superstars.

But AD is clearly on another level, he had a 59/20 game at age 22. He led a team with similar talent to the playoffs (when Jrue missed 42 games), while younger than Ingram is now. He was an all-star at age 20.

Who's comparing Ingram to AD?? Considering Ingram's current three point percentage based on catch and shoots, he would have no problem at all fitting with AD and Bron.. The fit narratives still persist I see. In spite of Ingram figuring out how to perform in every role he's been given.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:39 pm    Post subject:

Kobesystem wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
Luminous8 wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
LandsbergerRules wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:

I agree though.

I don't think Ingram would be that effective with Lebron and Ad honestly....

At the moment, Ingram has the green light in New Orleans, but just wait until Zion returns and ESPN will be running trade rumors on Ingram nonstop

You guys are making really poor arguments.. You may want to check Ingram's catch and shoot data from 3.. The front office has already stated they intend to make Ingram apart of their long term future with Zion. How do you guys come up with this stuff? lol.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:30 pm    Post subject:

Will revisit this thread when KCP comes up short (literally) guarding Kawhi and George duing the X-mas game.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2019 6:25 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Will revisit this thread when KCP comes up short (literally) guarding Kawhi and George duing the X-mas game.

So you admit you're rooting against our Lakers
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2019 6:28 pm    Post subject:

defense wrote:
kikanga wrote:

Explain how you think this means he's rooting against the Lakers by not believing KCP can guard Kawhi and PG? Maybe I missed it. Explain to me how you came to that interpretation.
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:37 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
defense wrote:
kikanga wrote:

Explain how you think this means he's rooting against the Lakers by not believing KCP can guard Kawhi and PG? Maybe I missed it. Explain to me how you came to that interpretation.

Easy,... he’s still blinded.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:42 pm    Post subject:

defense wrote:
kikanga wrote:

More like telling the truth
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:50 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
defense wrote:
kikanga wrote:

More like telling the truth

As if the first game of the season wasn’t enough proof to validate this. Just because we’re Lakers fans were supposed to pretend KCP (who’s best guarding ballhandling 1s imo) can handle the length, strength, size of a Kawhi or PG13.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 3:17 pm    Post subject:

The Lakers have a habit of getting rid of players they'd have kept on a bargain, right before they take off.
Kobesystem
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 5:44 pm    Post subject:

All in all, the Pelicans should have a better record than 6-14 honestly.

Unlike other bad teams, the Pelicans have good talent overall on the team.
LakersRGolden
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 5:57 pm    Post subject:

Kobesystem wrote:
All in all, the Pelicans should have a better record than 6-14 honestly.

Unlike other bad teams, the Pelicans have good talent overall on the team.

They have good talent in streetclothes most games.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:35 pm    Post subject:

most of their losses are close games that could go either way. I think if they had Zion and were luckier with the injuries, those close games would have gone in their favor.
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:06 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
most of their losses are close games that could go either way. I think if they had Zion and were luckier with the injuries, those close games would have gone in their favor.

Exactly,.. they’re missing their top 3 player, and have had their free agent pick up in Favors out most of the year along with a plethora of other injuries. Not to mention they’ve actually had a pretty tough schedule so far and haven’t really been blown out any games. They just keep letting themselves get into holes early in ganes against good teams then have to scratch and claw to get back in them. Then they struggle to close.
Kobesystem
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:09 am    Post subject:

Honestly, those are weak excuses tbh...

Zion not being on the team has given Ingram great opportunity being the #1 option. Exactly like how Kuzma blew up after Ingram went down in summer league....

Right now, the Pelicans are not a good team overall and with or without Ingram, the team is not playoff material which is the bottom line...
Laker_Dynasty_01
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 12:23 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
Laker_Dynasty_01 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
22 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
22 wrote:
Kobesystem wrote:

Who's comparing Ingram to AD?? Considering Ingram's current three point percentage based on catch and shoots, he would have no problem at all fitting with AD and Bron.. The fit narratives still persist I see. In spite of Ingram figuring out how to perform in every role he's been given.

In this entirely hypothetical scenario (as AD is a Celtic if Ingram was pulled from the deal), we'd be maxing out a young player with all-star potential, then limiting him in a 3&D role as the starting 2.

The few times he would get to use his talent on-ball, he'd have smaller players guarding him with no spacing to attack the rim. So, lots of fadeaway Js. And we'd be nearly hard-capped to boot with ~$110M spread across three players and Deng.
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:41 pm    Post subject:

Laker_Dynasty_01 wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
Laker_Dynasty_01 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
22 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
22 wrote:
Kobesystem wrote:

In this entirely hypothetical scenario (as AD is a Celtic if Ingram was pulled from the deal), we'd be maxing out a young player with all-star potential, then limiting him in a 3&D role as the starting 2.

The few times he would get to use his talent on-ball, he'd have smaller players guarding him with no spacing to attack the rim. So, lots of fadeaway Js. And we'd be nearly hard-capped to boot with ~$110M spread across three players and Deng.

Except that he and Bron had finally figured it out. It’s not like he’s the only guy handling the ball in. NEw Orleans. They’ve got plenty of ball handlers and Ingram isn’t even the primary one. Holiday still runs the offense
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 3:34 pm    Post subject:

Kobesystem wrote:
Honestly, those are weak excuses tbh...

Zion not being on the team has given Ingram great opportunity being the #1 option. Exactly like how Kuzma blew up after Ingram went down in summer league....

Right now, the Pelicans are not a good team overall and with or without Ingram, the team is not playoff material which is the bottom line...

The summer league and the actual NBA are two entirely different monsters.. That comparison makes no sense.

If any team lost two of its best interior players I doubt they'd be all that good. Imagine the Lakers without AD and Howard.. So this position you've taken that the bottom line is that the Pels aren't a playoff team is pretty absurd.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1854, 1855, 1856 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next
Page 1855 of 1885
Jump to: